Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
There's a post in the main thread about it. Plus, since you use magic, which you are trained in, I think the double damage rule applies to you too. If not, Arian can correct us when he gets back. Joyful

Oh I saw the post. It gives the numbers and the description. But at the end it has a lot of constants (the team's stats) but only one variable: the enemy's strength.

The really complex part is: going through all possible combinations of teammembers to find out the best combination to deal the most damage. And that's not just one big formula, but actually a complex algorithm that has to be run every time a combat situation occurs.

...hm, in retrospect I think the idea of the forum RP is exactly this. If it were easy to find out the best combination at once, the game would be won pretty soon. So there's not harm if we don't deal the team's maximum damage every time?
Arian said he'll announce each enemies strength when we fight them, though maybe he can make an archive for enemies we will fight and update it so we don't have to scroll through pages of this thread. As for the combinations, that's what this thread is for: to formulate stradegies and tactics for every event, both combat and non-combat.

Do you have any suggestions for stradegies and tactics for us?
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
Arian said he'll announce each enemies strength when we fight them, though maybe he can make an archive for enemies we will fight and update it so we don't have to scroll through pages of this thread. As for the combinations, that's what this thread is for: to formulate stradegies and tactics for every event, both combat and non-combat.

Do you have any suggestions for strategies and tactics for us?

Having thought about what I tried to say with my post a bit more, it was basically:
Our only obligation is to not deal more damage than our stats allow.

I mean, I also don't play any RPG by trying to figure out how to play in the most efficient way. I try to have fun and not become depressed once I dealt less damage than I could've.

Look, this might seem obvious to y'all, but I'm currently discovering a new world. Smile

The sudden confusion just came from seeing how most of you already started posting and attacking and all. But I'm usually like that in most situations in life.

Anyhow, my strategy is, you guys attack, and I try to finish off potential survivors. Grin
avatar
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Munich, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Arian said he'll announce each enemies strength when we fight them, though maybe he can make an archive for enemies we will fight and update it so we don't have to scroll through pages of this thread. As for the combinations, that's what this thread is for: to formulate stradegies and tactics for every event, both combat and non-combat.

Do you have any suggestions for strategies and tactics for us?

Having thought about what I tried to say with my post a bit more, it was basically:
Our only obligation is to not deal more damage than our stats allow.

I mean, I also don't play any RPG by trying to figure out how to play in the most efficient way. I try to have fun and not become depressed once I dealt less damage than I could've.

Look, this might seem obvious to y'all, but I'm currently discovering a new world. Smile

The sudden confusion just came from seeing how most of you already started posting and attacking and all. But I'm usually like that in most situations in life.

Anyhow, my strategy is, you guys attack, and I try to finish off potential survivors. Grin
I know this is new to you. That's why I posted my response. Sorry if it came off condensending or anything like that. Uncertain

As for potential survivors, Coolio left three stunned and weakened ghouls so an AoE spell will finish them off. Have fun. Grin
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 pm

posted

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
I know this is new to you. That's why I posted my response. Sorry if it came off condensending or anything like that. Uncertain

As for potential survivors, Coolio left three stunned and weakened ghouls so an AoE spell will finish them off. Have fun. Grin

Nah, don't worry. You're one of the most polite folks here.

Yeah, I noticed that. And right now, I'm wondering about the following: Is the following statement correct:
I will only kill them if the ghouls strength minus Coolio's number of hits (in STR units) is smaller or equal to my possible number of hits (in STR units)?

Or is that too nitpicky for us?

_________________
avatar
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Munich, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
I know this is new to you. That's why I posted my response. Sorry if it came off condensending or anything like that. Uncertain

As for potential survivors, Coolio left three stunned and weakened ghouls so an AoE spell will finish them off. Have fun. Grin

Nah, don't worry. You're one of the most polite folks here.

Yeah, I noticed that. And right now, I'm wondering about the following: Is the following statement correct:
I will only kill them if the ghouls strength minus Coolio's number of hits (in STR units) is smaller or equal to my possible number of hits (in STR units)?

Or is that too nitpicky for us?
You have just enough strength (from you using magic which you are skilled in so double damage per attack) to eliminate them, since they are close enough together for an AoE spell to hit them all.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

OK, since I've explained it to max, but apparently I need to make it clear for everyone else;

Max (the mage) tells me what he wants to do, like "I wanna make the Ghouls fall in love with us." or "I want their skin to catch fire" or basically ANYTHING he can imagine (It must be nonspecific, no wishing for a Lightsaber, but he could ask for a beam of coloured light to cut them in half) and I make it happen.

Depending on how complex it is, I will attach a price, usually in pain.

_________________

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
avatar
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Posts : 879
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : Anchorage Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

Oh, and since you mentioned it, and I liked the idea; grats guys, you now have a Beastiary/Rogue's Gallery, waiting to be filled.

_________________

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
avatar
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Posts : 879
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : Anchorage Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
You have just enough strength (from you using magic which you are skilled in so double damage per attack) to eliminate them, since they are close enough together for an AoE spell to hit them all.
Hm, looks like I got something wrong.

Looking at Coolio's and my characters I got that Coolio can 4 above average hits = 2 good (and 2 extra every other post) and I can do 4 average hits = 1 good. And that added together gives 3 good hits. However, three ghouls require 3 good hits and 2 average.

Where's my mistake?

Oh and thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it and I do get that helping the noob with his nooby questions can certainly be tedious.

_________________
avatar
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Munich, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
You have just enough strength (from you using magic which you are skilled in so double damage per attack) to eliminate them, since they are close enough together for an AoE spell to hit them all.
Hm, looks like I got something wrong.

Looking at Coolio's and my characters I got that Coolio can 4 above average hits = 2 good (and 2 extra every other post) and I can do 4 average hits = 1 good. And that added together gives 3 good hits. However, three ghouls require 3 good hits and 2 average.

Where's my mistake?

Oh and thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it and I do get that helping the noob with his nooby questions can certainly be tedious.
You're right, I messed up the math. Sorry about that. Just direct your fire on one and kill it. I think INT or WIS should substitute STR for magic attacks, but that's Arian's call. Maybe ask him that next time he gets online.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Fur28 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 am

Ok Selim or Max convince Sandro of coming with us, you´re the carisma guys

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by MaximizedAction on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 am

Selim will likely have to do the check...once Arian provides it...we do wait for Arian to call for checks, right?

_________________
avatar
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Munich, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Fur28 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 am

MaximizedAction wrote:Selim will likely have to do the check...once Arian provides it...we do wait for Arian to call for checks, right?
yeah, and arian will tell the best way to convince him

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:59 am

I say we stop posting for now. This is the perfect spot in this fight for Arian to enter an event since at least 2/3 of the group are after the main badguy ghoul.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:01 am

Fur28 wrote:
MaximizedAction wrote:Selim will likely have to do the check...once Arian provides it...we do wait for Arian to call for checks, right?
yeah, and arian will tell the best way to convince him
The Ghoul King is already on our side, or at least as close as can be. He isn't going to eat us or the king's remains and is fighting those who want to so I think there's no need for it. However, as an NPC we cannot speak for the Ghoul King so we have to wait for Arian.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Fur28 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:04 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
Fur28 wrote:
MaximizedAction wrote:Selim will likely have to do the check...once Arian provides it...we do wait for Arian to call for checks, right?
yeah, and arian will tell the best way to convince him
The Ghoul King is already on our side, or at least as close as can be. He isn't going to eat us or the king's remains and is fighting those who want to so I think there's no need for it. However, as an NPC we cannot speak for the Ghoul King so we have to wait for Arian.
but i´ll try to help him atleast, i dont want any surprise that gets the Ghoul King dead

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by MaximizedAction on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 am

Once again folks, I need to bid my good night. I am sure you'll solve the shizzle out of this situation. :stick:

Good night and good luck!

_________________
avatar
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 29
Location : Munich, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:10 am

Fur28 wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Fur28 wrote:
MaximizedAction wrote:Selim will likely have to do the check...once Arian provides it...we do wait for Arian to call for checks, right?
yeah, and arian will tell the best way to convince him
The Ghoul King is already on our side, or at least as close as can be. He isn't going to eat us or the king's remains and is fighting those who want to so I think there's no need for it. However, as an NPC we cannot speak for the Ghoul King so we have to wait for Arian.
but i´ll try to help him atleast, i dont want any surprise that gets the Ghoul King dead
That I agree with, especially because I believe he and Enrico are currently engaged in combat at the moment, fighting for the rulership of the ghouls.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 am

Selim Bradley wrote:
MaximizedAction wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
You have just enough strength (from you using magic which you are skilled in so double damage per attack) to eliminate them, since they are close enough together for an AoE spell to hit them all.
Hm, looks like I got something wrong.

Looking at Coolio's and my characters I got that Coolio can 4 above average hits = 2 good (and 2 extra every other post) and I can do 4 average hits = 1 good. And that added together gives 3 good hits. However, three ghouls require 3 good hits and 2 average.

Where's my mistake?

Oh and thanks a lot for the help, I appreciate it and I do get that helping the noob with his nooby questions can certainly be tedious.
You're right, I messed up the math. Sorry about that. Just direct your fire on one and kill it. I think INT or WIS should substitute STR for magic attacks, but that's Arian's call. Maybe ask him that next time he gets online.

Nah, I let him get by with as many low stats as he has since I made magic so powerful; he gets to make a check, which, if he succeeds, he feels some pain, but powers on through, and causes a suitably deletrious effect. At the moment he's planning on lighting up his staff, setting the skin of one of the ghouls on fire, and snap freezing another (in short, a REALLY bad case of frostbite).

And since I would feel terrible at him being left out, I an extending the combat for this event until tomorrow.

And, note for the future, I should have said how many ghouls there ARE. I think something on the line of 22 surrounding you lot should be fine.

_________________

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
avatar
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Posts : 879
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : Anchorage Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 am

Fur28 wrote:
MaximizedAction wrote:Selim will likely have to do the check...once Arian provides it...we do wait for Arian to call for checks, right?
yeah, and arian will tell the best way to convince him

Nah, you don't have to wait for me for a check; you can post it here; we're on the honor system anyway.

_________________

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
avatar
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Posts : 879
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : Anchorage Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:00 am

And since Max ain't here, but it IS in his post; I'ma just give him this one. Result is 13, lower than his INT of 18, so he's ok.

_________________

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
avatar
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Posts : 879
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : Anchorage Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:09 am

Arian Dynas wrote:

Nah, I let him get by with as many low stats as he has since I made magic so powerful; he gets to make a check, which, if he succeeds, he feels some pain, but powers on through, and causes a suitably deletrious effect. At the moment he's planning on lighting up his staff, setting the skin of one of the ghouls on fire, and snap freezing another (in short, a REALLY bad case of frostbite).

And since I would feel terrible at him being left out, I an extending the combat for this event until tomorrow.

And, note for the future, I should have said how many ghouls there ARE. I think something on the line of 22 surrounding you lot should be fine.
Thank you for explaining how you have magic work. Also, do you mean there are 22 enemy ghouls are left or that was their starting number?
I only ask because we eliminated 19 so far so if it was ever only 22 then there'd be none of the drama we are currently having because we could just dispatch the last three and not worry about the priest and remains.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 am

...

You slaughtered your way through 19 already?

Damn.

Uh, ok, make that 22 LEFT.

_________________

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
avatar
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Posts : 879
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : Anchorage Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Fur28 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:12 am

Arian Dynas wrote:...

You slaughtered your way through 19 already?

Damn.

Uh, ok, make that 22 LEFT.
19? wow, we´re awesome :)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 am

Alright, did the editiing; hopefully Max won't mind the slight liberties I took to one of his posts to do the things he wanted to do.

_________________

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
avatar
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Posts : 879
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 24
Location : Anchorage Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence - Conversation Thread - Just For Fun

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum