Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect Indoctrination Blog

+8
Terramine
Hrothdane
BansheeOwnage
dorktainian
RavenEyry
CoolioThane
MovieMachine
Parabolee
12 posters

Go down

Mass Effect Indoctrination Blog Empty Mass Effect Indoctrination Blog

Post by Parabolee Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi everyone,

First time posting here but I have been lurking a little every now and then. Most of you probably know me from my exhaustive Mass Effect Indoctrination blog, widely considered one of the best sources for IT analysis -

http://masseffectindoctrination.blogspot.com/

The site has been read almost 50,000 times now and still has a 1000 visitors a month. IT is very much alive and well.

Just wanted to let you all know I am about to undertake my long overdue post EC analysis. Which will re-evaluate everything IT related from start to finish. And I do mean everything, in game and out. It will be FULL of videos, diagrams and screenshots illustrating every point and in my mind proving beyond any doubt that a strictly literal interpretation of the ending of Mass Effect 3 is absurd.

Now all the DLC is out and I have had a chance to play and record video of the entire series, I can finally rewrite the entire 10,000 word examination afresh with a mind to all the latest information and changes that the EC made to the ending. I am sure this time it will probably be at least twice the length of the original analysis.

If anyone would like to help me consolidate any thoughts/evidence that should be included in regards to DLC, please post them in this thread.

The most obvious DLC addition to any Indoctrination Theory is Leviathan. Which I personally think undeniably proves that the encounter with the Catalyst is tainted by deceit and elements of Indoctrination. But I do not believe that anything really stood out to me in Omega and I am still going through The Citadel for clues.

I promise when finished this analysis will serve as one of the very best collections of evidence and supporting arguments for Indoctrination as a major element in the ending of Mass Effect 3. And that all IT-supporters will be very happy with the final product.

Thanks

Parabolee
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect Indoctrination Blog Empty Re: Mass Effect Indoctrination Blog

Post by MovieMachine Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:05 pm

I remember that blog, that was a very nice read. Thumbs up.

I remember wondering why there was no post-EC material, good to hear you're back working on it, though I doubt you'll get that much readers anymore, 16 months is a damn long time and not many care about speculating this game anymore.

Oh, and feel free to stop lurking and post more, it's good to have some fresh faces (figuratively speaking) to discuss with here.
MovieMachine
MovieMachine
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Parabolee Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:09 pm

You would be surprised. It's still read around a 1000 times a month. And that is without any updates in almost a year!

Mass Effect fans are a dedicated bunch, and interest in IT still appears to be quite strong.

It is because of this continued interest and readership, along with my passion for Mass Effect that I am still determined to complete the post EC analysis that I promised.

Thanks

Parabolee
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Looking forward to it! THe blog is awesome :)
CoolioThane
CoolioThane
Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Fantastic site you had, one of the best places for a newcomer to go back in the day. Glad to see you're updating it again.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:30 pm

nice
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:34 am

Welcome Parabolee :) I've always admired your work. I've made a few little things myself, but nothing like you did. I look forward to the final product, and good luck!
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:28 am

Parabolee wrote:It is because of this continued interest and readership, along with my passion for Mass Effect that I am still determined to complete the post EC analysis that I promised.
Thanks
Sounds like a video I've been working on. I really need to finish that.

RavenEyry wrote:Fantastic site you had, one of the best places for a newcomer to go back in the day. Glad to see you're updating it again.
Yeah! I remember reading that on my lunch breaks at school after ME3 launched. Good times, more or less.
BansheeOwnage
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:32 am

Parabolee wrote:Hi everyone,

First time posting here but I have been lurking a little every now and then. Most of you probably know me from my exhaustive Mass Effect Indoctrination blog, widely considered one of the best sources for IT analysis -

http://masseffectindoctrination.blogspot.com/

The site has been read almost 50,000 times now and still has a 1000 visitors a month. IT is very much alive and well.

Just wanted to let you all know I am about to undertake my long overdue post EC analysis. Which will re-evaluate everything IT related from start to finish. And I do mean everything, in game and out. It will be FULL of videos, diagrams and screenshots illustrating every point and in my mind proving beyond any doubt that a strictly literal interpretation of the ending of Mass Effect 3 is absurd.

Now all the DLC is out and I have had a chance to play and record video of the entire series, I can finally rewrite the entire 10,000 word examination afresh with a mind to all the latest information and changes that the EC made to the ending. I am sure this time it will probably be at least twice the length of the original analysis.

If anyone would like to help me consolidate any thoughts/evidence that should be included in regards to DLC, please post them in this thread.

The most obvious DLC addition to any Indoctrination Theory is Leviathan. Which I personally think undeniably proves that the encounter with the Catalyst is tainted by deceit and elements of Indoctrination. But I do not believe that anything really stood out to me in Omega and I am still going through The Citadel for clues.

I promise when finished this analysis will serve as one of the very best collections of evidence and supporting arguments for Indoctrination as a major element in the ending of Mass Effect 3. And that all IT-supporters will be very happy with the final product.

Thanks

Mass Effect Indoctrination Blog Queen-rock-group-freddie-mercury-in-concert-at-st-james-park-in-newcastle-1986_zpsc7531710
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:29 am

I know there are a lot of Destroy supporters, and I noticed you are one yourself. Just wanted to say that Refuse is also an alternative that has some strong logic and evidence backing it up, I don't know if you've been around to see any of the discussion around that. I mean Refuse is in the EC after all, make sure you don't just write it off is all I'm saying. It too is a destroy ending, something a lot of people around here forget. Specifically at face value it is an attempt to destroy the Reapers without the Crucible.

There has been a lot of stuff actually, the EC has added loads of evidence as have the other DLCs. If anything I think we may need to try and recall observations people have made to help you out. Hopefully at the end of the day it can be quite detailed. Seriously the idea that IT is either dead or exactly where it was pre-EC is far from the truth, it's definitely alive stronger than ever, and that's an understatement.

Even aside from the EC loads more details have been brought into the picture. For example there is a strong case for the idea that the crucible is in fact a Reaper creation, and so much more. Awesome blog BTW.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:59 am

Yeah, your blog is definitely one of the best sources if not the best.

Odd/interesting things and observations you can find in each DLC (just to contribute and some might not be relevant to theory):

Spoiler:

Above is by no means a complete list of things relevant to IT you can find on those DLCs.
Humakt
Humakt
Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by Parabolee Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Work on this is underway. Have already posted some new content.

Parabolee
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Holy.  Crap.  PARABOLEE!!!!  I haven't seen you in ages!  Then not only do you come back, you declare that you're finally finishing your ME3 analysis!  This is awesome!  I look forward to reading your final report on ME3.  If it's anything like your previous work (which I know it will be), it will be amazing.  Glad to finally have you back.

Edit: Oh, also, don't forget to stop by the Chatbox at some point, even if it's literally just long enough to say hi and bye.  That's called "Pulling a Dwaling," by the way. Grin
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Parabolee Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks Dwaling.

In addition to several articles I have added to the site in the last few days, I am already 2000 words into the first part of my analysis.

And I have barely scratched the surface. This thing is going to be immense! :)

Parabolee
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Parabolee wrote:Thanks Dwaling.

In addition to several articles I have added to the site in the last few days, I am already 2000 words into the first part of my analysis.

And I have barely scratched the surface. This thing is going to be immense! :)
Awesome!  This will be a magnum opus, both for you and IT.  Do us proud, Parabolee!
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Parabolee Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:02 pm

The first part is up! Weighing in at over 2300 words. It's a good start :)

http://masseffectindoctrination.blogspot.com

Parabolee
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Parabolee wrote:The first part is up! Weighing in at over 2300 words. It's a good start :)

http://masseffectindoctrination.blogspot.com

Nice, just read through it, though want to ad one thing to the argument on the Catalysts trustworthiness.

This is what the catalyst says at one point: Reapers harvest all life. Organic and synthetic, preserving them before they are forever lost to this conflict.

The all part is the important bit as it creates a problem with what we see at Rannoch.

There the Reapers would have wiped out the Quarians with no sign of harvest had Shepard not interfered and even with Shepards interference there is a high probability that either the Quarians or Geth are irrevocably lost with no sign that there were preserved.

This goes directly against the Catalyst stated goal and if he is in control of the Reapers then it should not have happened, so either he has no control over the Reapers or he is lying.

A similar case is hinted for the Rachni, who were nearly exterminated in the Rachni wars, a war instigated by the Reapers according to hints and indications, but again without any signs of harvest. This one is a bit shaky though as Jarvik confirms that Rachni were around during the Prothean cycle so possibly they were harvested then.

But great article, keep it up.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Parabolee Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:36 am

Yes. Good points. I did intend to add comment on the fact that the Reapers do not seem concerned in preserving all life. I was actually thinking about the fact I had not mentioned it while driving home after posting the article.

The old analysis had a good section talking about this and pointing out that the Collectors appear to sample races to find those best suited to be turned into a Reaper. Which is what was happening in Mass Effect 2.

If the Reapers preserve all of the races they wipe out. Then why did the collectors take a special interest in building the human Reaper?

I will be sure to add all this and more

Thanks

Parabolee
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:18 am

NICE! And welcome back. I have forgotten about this since well 14 months ago. Need to post it on the IT information forum.

What you need to add is.

uhhh minus the curse words that is.

- The problem with the beam run.

- The two soldiers fighting in all three endings.

- When did our remainder of our squad mates go back to the Normandy?
and

-the breath scene.

You see the beam run has major plot holes.

-Why didn't Harbinger shoot down the Normandy? I mean come on you see Harbinger looking at Shepard!

-Why does Harbinger MISS to hit Shepard? Really that's the biggest plot hole yet? Makes no sense to not kill Shepard right there, and we know Harbinger has good ass aim since the soldiers charging are all but dead.

-Why isn't Anderson charging? Why would Anderson stay back?I mean he say's " WE GOT TO MOVE!" not " You got to move!" Yes it would make sense to have some one stay behind in case all goes to hell, but that'
s were COAT'S comes in.

-Why doesn't Anderson call in a medic, or use medi gel on Shepard? I mean let's be honest Anderson should have had 1 medi gel on him. Not to mention Shepard is in no way of surviving that long with all those open wounds, however Anderson let's Shepard go on despite the fact Anderson did not try to stop Shepard from calling in the Normandy, and basically giving Harbinger a clear shot.

-Why is it that in low EMS that we see Shepard's squad get turned into dust, yet after the blast from Harbingers beam at Shepard the two "turned  to dust" squad mates are right in front of Shepard?

For the Two soldiers fighting in Destroy, Control, and synthesis....

-Why in Control, and synthesis shows the soldiers being overrun, yet in Destroy they are both holding out?
I mean it makes no sense.

-Why is it that in Control and synthesis the one with the helmet on is hiding in fear, yet in Destroy the soldier is not hiding?

-Why is it that it's important for the husk to "Touch" the soldiers? I mean yes their hands are there weapons, but in Control and synthesis one husk jumps on the soldier with the gun and is about to kill him, yet in Destroy before the husk can even touch the soldier it get's turned to ash. Could it be that the " Indoctrination" has not taken hold of Shepard? I mean the touch is basically of Bioware showing the Indoctrination slowly gaining affect on Shepard, and in Destroy it never took placed.

Moreover about the squad mates we didn't pick...

-Why did they go back? After hearing about " They are with Shepard to the very end, and we are proud to have known you/ thanks for helping us" they cower and run back to the Normandy? First off when the hell did they find a transport to go back onto the Normandy/ when did the Normandy pick them up? Really?

-Why in the "final battle" would they just leave? There was no mistake everyone was going to FIGHT or DIE trying, yet they just leave. Javik the one who want's REVENGE the most just LEAVES!

-Why doesn't Anderson, or Shepard try to  stop them? They should know every soldier is needed now more than ever. They literally do nothing but sit around the Normandy and let their friends die.

Finally the breath scene.

-First off how the heck did Shepard survive an explosion right in the middle of the huge ass explosion? If you count his/her injuries, his/her synthetics parts are all put fucked up, the force of that explosion, the exposer to the very center of the citadel ring/ is out in the open, and not inside a building, and the scene were it shows Shepard get's turned into dust by being consumed by the explosion of the tube, then ya no way Shepard can survive that.

-Second how can Shepard be any where else on the Citadel? Shepard is in the middle of the ring/ is on the upside down part of the Citadel tower. If the explosion managed to knock Shepard OUTSIDE of the so called barrier around the chamber, then Shepard is their by dead first of all. The lack of oxygen would kill Shepard since Shepard does not have a helmet, second if the explosion managed to cause multiple explosion through out the Citadel imagine the force that was applied to Shepard and the impart Shepard will have! We already saw in ME2 how bad Shepard's bones were when we saw the broken bones pic. This will most likely be the result of Shepard entering that planet's atmosphere to the ground, and Shepard doesn't have regenerating shield to protect him/her this time.

-Third if taken value Shepard should be dead! From what I can tell if Shepard is truly on the Citadel Shepard is dead as he/she can be. I hardly doubt Shepard's comm would still work since technology has been affected, and Shepard's comm SHOULD be down, or static. Plus I hardly doubt the a rescue team will go save Shepard right away, or know where Shepard is at. Not to mention the Normandy crew leaving to go find Shepard seems far fetch. By that time Shepard would have bleed out. I believe at most it took 2 to 3 days to make repairs by that time Shepard would be dead. So if taken at face value Shepard is pretty much fucked.

Oh one last thing to add to your update.

- The fact that the Normandy crew know that Anderson is dead seems off. For one how do they know Anderson is dead? I mean really? Yes that feeling people get when somebody has died, yet we know that Joker's sister died already, yet Joker believes she is still alive, not to mention Shepard has to FIND out the people he/she has helped have fallen in battle on missions, or looking around. Also did Shepard have a feeling when Jack got turned into a Phantom?No. Did Shepard have a feeling that Grunt died supposedly died? No Shepard thought he died. Did Shepard have a feeling that Miranda died if you didn't help here out fully? No. So imo I don't by it, and the fact that nobody should know Anderson is dead/ where Anderson is seems really off.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Parabolee Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:21 am

Good stuff. But most if that is already in the pre EC analysis. I will touch on everything that I already covered again but what I really need is things I may have missed in the DLC or any revelations in the last 6 months that I may have been absent for.

Thanks

Parabolee
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Parabolee Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:27 am

Sorry that sounded like there was little of value in your post. You actually pointed out some good things that I should include.

Thanks

Parabolee
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:41 am

Parabolee wrote:Sorry that sounded like there was little of value in your post. You actually pointed out some good things that I should include.

Thanks

It's okay. well let's it's been a while since we actual speculated IT. I think you should read the IT archive threads on the front page. I will also help look for information. You may want to check DD's thread. He has good information that will help back up the IT.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down