Upcoming Comic Book Movies*

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Upcoming Comic Book Movies*

Post by Fur28 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:22 am

Yay Batman/Superman :D
Also Avengers 2 will be called "Avengers: Age of Ultron" so spoilers :P. I suppose this means Hank Pym will appear in this one and become Ant-man after or during  Avengers2.
I wonder how much the movie will take from the AoU event that took place just months ago.

Other Comic Book movies coming: Thor 2, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men: Days of Future Past, 300: Rise of an empire, Sin City 2, Kick Ass 2 and others I cant remember or I'm not sure if they are just rumors

*I may or may not have done this thread to avoid talking about it on the main IT thread :P

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Re: Upcoming Comic Book Movies*

Post by Hrothdane on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:25 am

Age of Ultron, huh. Does that mean they are saving Thanos, the purple smurf of doom, until the third Avengers?

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 am

Hrothdane wrote:Age of Ultron, huh. Does that mean they are saving Thanos, the purple smurf of doom, until the third Avengers?

I heard a rumor that they kept Thanos out of this one because they dont have enough superheroes in the movies so it was hard to write a good way for them to beat the All Mighty Thanos.
And now they can add more Marvel Heroes in Phase 3.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:42 am

Fur28 wrote:
Hrothdane wrote:Age of Ultron, huh. Does that mean they are saving Thanos, the purple smurf of doom, until the third Avengers?

I heard a rumor that they kept Thanos out of this one because they dont have enough superheroes in the movies so it was hard to write a good way for them to beat the All Mighty Thanos.
And now they can add more Marvel Heroes in Phase 3.

Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet would probably be better used as the last storyline anyways. You can't really go much bigger than that. I just hope Avengers 3 isn't too crowded; I'm already kinda worried about Avengers 2 for that reason.

Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:12 am

Huge dc fan i would love to see armie hammer play the new batman and i would love to see the movie have lex luthor as the main antagonist. Batman and superman's relationship can be handled like the classic dc anime movie worlds finest when they meet each other because bruce wayne has business with lex etc. Also when they introduced this news at comic con they quoted batmans speech to superman in dark knight returns comic where he outsmarts and beats superman in a fight so that means that comic  will have a major influence in the upcoming movie

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:04 pm

I'll probably catch the next marvel cinematic universe entries, though not necessarily in the cinema.

Give no shits about a crossover movie about two characters that shouldn't even have crossed over in comics. Superman's competence is improved by roughly one percent by having Batman help.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:19 pm

ok, I was wrong. Whedon just said that Hank Pym wont be on Avengers 2 and that Ultron will have a different origin.
Also Hawkeye will be back.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:48 am

Fur28 wrote:ok, I was wrong. Whedon just said that Hank Pym wont be on Avengers 2 and that Ultron will have a different origin.
Also Hawkeye will be back.

Hmm. I was hoping they would take the opportunity to just drop out Hawkeye because this movie looks like it will be rather crowded already.

Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:18 am

With Superman around, Batman is more useless than a condom to a krogan.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:26 am

This is what i have to say to u rif

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:11 am

Ericforman_ISGoD wrote:This is what i have to say to u rif

*snip*
He's right though. I don't see much besides plot-induced usefulness for Batman when Supe's already there.
*Raises shoulders.*

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:18 am

BansheeOwnage wrote:
Ericforman_ISGoD wrote:This is what i have to say to u rif

*snip*
He's right though. I don't see much besides plot-induced usefulness for Batman when Supe's already there.
*Raises shoulders.*

Having a character around that I actually find interesting is a pretty good reason for me. Unless of course they are going with Frank Miller's "Goddamn" Batman or Baleman, in which case I don't give a shit.

Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:21 am

Superman's parents are dead too and you don't hear him bleating about it.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:34 am

RavenEyry wrote:Superman's parents are dead too and you don't hear him bleating about it.

Of course not. He's the perfect paragon of perfection, and we all know that characters are not allowed to upset by bad things that happen to them. That would just be unrealistic.

Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:03 am

Hrothdane wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:Superman's parents are dead too and you don't hear him bleating about it.

Of course not. He's the perfect paragon of perfection, and we all know that characters are not allowed to upset by bad things that happen to them. That would just be unrealistic.

And to be fair Superman lost his parents when he was still a baby and did not actually see them die as opposed to Batman whose parents were shot right in front of him. That leaves a different kind of emotional scar.

Also the Batman stories I have read or watched he is usually not shouting it out, if he in anyway is reflecting upon his parents death in those stories it is usually quiet introspection.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:44 am

Hrothdane wrote:

Yes, because they've never done Superman as the outright villain stories.

You know, except stuff like Injustice, Red Son, Ultraman, Superboy Prime, ect.  I bet someone who's actually red a comic book in their life or watched a single animated DC show could probably name like a billion more.  But yeah, Supes is totally paragon of perfectioness and boring as hell.  Unlike Emoman, who pretends to be all dark and gritty while letting a psycho clown blow up hospitals because he's too much of a pussy to just kill him.  Oh, and the powers.  Yeah, Supes is all boring because he can do everything.  Not like Emoman, who pulls a can of "Bat-Female Villain Replant" or whatever he needs straight out of his asshole whenever.  That's totally legit and not stupid and boring.

</sarcasm>

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Hrothdane wrote:

Yes, because they've never done Superman as the outright villain stories.

You know, except stuff like Injustice, Red Son, Ultraman, Superboy Prime, ect.  I bet someone who's actually red a comic book in their life or watched a single animated DC show could probably name like a billion more.  But yeah, Supes is totally paragon of perfectioness and boring as hell.  Unlike Emoman, who pretends to be all dark and gritty while letting a psycho clown blow up hospitals because he's too much of a pussy to just kill him.  Oh, and the powers.  Yeah, Supes is all boring because he can do everything.  Not like Emoman, who pulls a can of "Bat-Female Villain Replant" or whatever he needs straight out of his asshole whenever.  That's totally legit and not stupid and boring.

</sarcasm>

We're using Elseworlds and alternate universe versions as examples of standard characterization now, are we?

I already said Frank Miller's "Goddamn" Batman is shit, and that's exactly who you described. DCAU Batman or Arkham City Batman isn't any of those things. Try harder.

Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:57 pm

What new heroes will be in the new Avengers film then?

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:26 pm

CoolioThane wrote:What new heroes will be in the new Avengers film then?

Not revealed yet as far as I know, but considering the title I have heard Ant Man is a good bet.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:
CoolioThane wrote:What new heroes will be in the new Avengers film then?

Not revealed yet as far as I know, but considering the title I have heard Ant Man is a good bet.
Joss Whedon said that Ant Man wont be in the movie and that Ultron will have a diferent origin.
I still count the possibility that he's lying and Hank Pym will be there

edit: I think this is old news but Whedon also said that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will appear, the fact that they're Magneto's children and that they are mutants will be changed because of movie copyrights.
And this will be a bit confusing because the new X-men movie will have Quicksilver in it

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:41 am

For some weeks now Vin Diesel has been hinting about meetings with Marvel about a job at their movies, and he has now confirmed it saying that his role has some weird different kind of love story.
Some say he will be Thanos, because of Thanos and Death but I believe that because Scarlet Witch and Ultron will be in Avengers 2, he could be The Vision.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:54 am

Fur28 wrote:For some weeks now Vin Diesel has been hinting about meetings with Marvel about a job at their movies, and he has now confirmed it saying that his role has some weird different kind of love story.
Some say he will be Thanos, because of Thanos and Death but I believe that because Scarlet Witch and Ultron will be in Avengers 2, he could be The Vision.

Vision is way more likely imo. He's got the look for it, and Vin Diesel has already shown with The Iron Giant that he can play a robot well.

Besides, they need someone more theatrical for Thanos to give him enough gravitas for average people to take him seriously.

Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:46 am

And I was wrong. Vin Diesel will be Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/14/vin-diesel-all-but-confirms-role-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Vin Diesel should play Superman.

(Reference cookies available)
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:29 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Vin Diesel should play Superman.

(Reference cookies available)
There's only one Superman.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top