Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan thread

5 posters

Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan thread Empty Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan thread

Post by Terramine Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:02 am

Why does this not exist yet? Why is nobody talking about this awesome anime? I know Hrothdane watches it because I was being a creepy stalker and peered into his photobucket *whistles*
So this is a thread to talk about it. Please use spoiler tags or whatever. Especially since I haven't seen episode 18 yet *whistles again*

Anyways yeah, discuss SNK. Those that haven't seen it, go watch it like right now... or at least when it is convenient for you because this anime is good.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan thread Empty Re: Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan thread

Post by Fur28 Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:06 am

I love the manga but haven´t had time to watch the anime yet, I have seen a few videos and it looks great.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan thread Empty Re: Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan thread

Post by Hrothdane Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:20 am

I absolutely love it. There's a lot of nice subtleties and foreshadowing in it. I got spoiled on some of the later developments, so I've been taking the opportunity to see how they are foreshadowed, and I'm rather impressed. You can pick up on lots of things just by paying attention to what's going on in the background with the other characters.

So many of the little details are great, too. The absence of fanservice in the actual show (leave that for omakes and fanart in a story like this), everyone actually using standardized uniforms in a military situation, the women wearing little-to-no makeup and tying long hair back when fighting, and the slightly higher degree of variance in the faces than a typical anime.

My favorite character is definitely Mikasa. That scene with her in episode 7 gives me some serious feels. I like Jean's character development a lot as well. It's believable, and it doesn't feel like he suddenly changed into a different person. I'm waiting for more Ymir and Krista, too. Like half the fanart is of those two.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Best part of last night's episode:

Spoiler:
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:59 am

Episode 4 and going, I like the animation and soundtrack a lot, one of the reasons I prefer manga over anime if that I dont like the animation of some animes, but here the action scenes are done pretty well.

I also enjoy how the events take place in chronological order, makes it feels smooth instead of going back and foward to the point of getting annoying at times.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:39 am

Fur28 wrote:Episode 4 and going, I like the animation and soundtrack a lot, one of the reasons I prefer manga over anime if that I dont like the animation of some animes, but here the action scenes are done pretty well.
Yeah. The animation is really top-notch. They really used their budget wisely.

Fur28 wrote:I also enjoy how the events take place in chronological order, makes it feels smooth instead of going back and foward to the point of getting annoying at times.
You see it so often that people write things in anachronistic order without a real reason to. When you're writing, it can sound like a cool idea, but often it takes away more than it adds.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Had to disappear for a bit but I'm back now. Great that you're liking it Fur.

Anyways I don't just love the soundtrack because it sounds great, I mean it does sound great. But the way they actually manage to hammer the feels of the situation is perfect. Shady memory, but Hrothdane I think you actually referred to a perfect example of this. I might be wrong because shitty memory but
VERY SERIOUS SPOILER, IF YOU HAVEN'T REACHED EP7 BACK THE FECK UP:
Like I said shitty memory so you could be referring to something else. But if you were referring to that, the song that plays in that moment is just perfect.

Also, I know what you mean Hrothdane about the foreshadowing and subtleties. I was able to guess who the
Serious spoilers:
is almost right away and in the same breath guessed who the
Spoiler:
is. I mean, I'm good at figuring stuff out ahead of time as it is. But there is certain subtleties like you said that if you pay attention you can see, which piles on to my already skillful ability of figuring stuff out. There is other examples I could think of, but yeah.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Just wanted to say, my guesses have been more than confirmed in episode 23. Well 1 of them... I know they are who I guessed. Which again, proves the subtleties to this show.

Speaking of episode 23, Armin just basically pulled some genius pwnage. Don't f*ck with him LOL
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:46 am

IronicParticle wrote:Just wanted to say, my guesses have been more than confirmed in episode 23. Well 1 of them... I know they are who I guessed. Which again, proves the subtleties to this show.

Speaking of episode 23, Armin just basically pulled some genius pwnage. Don't f*ck with him LOL
I'm glad to see that Armin has really developed as a character. I'll be interested to see the direction the show takes now.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:31 am

Some cool gifs I found:
(they aren't really spoilers for the initiated; I just wanted to cut down on page space.)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:17 am

I stopped watching the anime, going from manga to anime just isn´t for me sometimes :(
have his:
Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan thread ZT7NzoV

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Fur28 wrote:I stopped watching the anime, going from manga to anime just isn´t for me sometimes :(
have his:
*snip*
Why does it matter? Sure, when I made this topic I mentioned the anime only... but that's because I don't read manga myself. This topic is for Shingeki no Kyojin in general, you can talk about the manga... just, be careful because I don't want you to spoil anything that isn't in the show yet.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:20 am

Ok so the first season is over, really hoping they continue this anime there's been some talk on it possibly ending there even though the manga goes further.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:03 am

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:06 am

Terramine wrote:Ok so the first season is over, really hoping they continue this anime there's been some talk on it possibly ending there even though the manga goes further.
Season 2 is already about to be released in Japan apparently.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:25 am

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
Terramine wrote:Ok so the first season is over, really hoping they continue this anime there's been some talk on it possibly ending there even though the manga goes further.
I heard late 2015, and the wiki says 2016.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Terramine wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
I've heard Season 2 is currently in pre-production stage, besides they still need 3 or 4 more chapters of manga...

Some folks are talkin' 'bout at least 2 live-action movies to be released in summer 2015 and late 2016, respectively...

Would love to see Nicholas Cage as a Titan! ;>
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:31 am

Maximus wrote:
Terramine wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
I've heard Season 2 is currently in pre-production stage, besides they still need 3 or 4 more chapters of manga...

Some folks are talkin' 'bout at least 2 live-action movies to be released in summer 2015 and late 2016, respectively...

Nah son, seems a prequel already came out? I might be wrong about that, haven't checked. I haven't had time to watch anyways. Season 2 seems like it's coming out this year, from what I can find. Can't fucking wait because this series is my crack.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:34 am

Terramine wrote:
Maximus wrote:
Terramine wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:

Nah son, seems a prequel already came out? I might be wrong about that, haven't checked. I haven't had time to watch anyways. Season 2 seems like it's coming out this year, from what I can find. Can't fucking wait because this series is my crack.

Prequel? 0,o

You mean... "Before the Fall" manga? Coz it's still goin' and it kinda sux, so I doubt we'll see it animated...

For anime season 2 we gotta wait 'till 2016, I'm afraid...

Live-action movies are comin' out this summer in Japan, by the way! Looks weird though..... o,0
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down