The Witcher 3

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Witcher 3

Post by Raistlin Majere on Fri May 15, 2015 10:04 pm

I am. Got two savegames from Witcher 2 ready and waiting as well.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue May 19, 2015 6:51 am

12:32 AM, May 19th.  CST.

First, bitches.

What the hell?  They changed Triss' VA?  That is NOT OKA--oh, it's Yennefer.  Keep it your pants through a prologue for once, will you Geralt?  Then again, I suppose that was their intention.  The woman was buck naked except for a towel around her hair.  They were intentionally keeping her hair color hidden so you didn't know whether it was Triss or Yennefer.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Tue May 19, 2015 9:57 am

RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 am

RavenEyry wrote:

YOU CISHET SON OF A BITCH, TRUTH IS MY TRIGGER!

Witcher 1: Medallion on the corner of the screen vibrates when near magic or danger.  Fits the lore perfectly, not annoying, but not usually helpful either.

Witcher 2: Touch medallion, highlight usable stuff around you.  Does not fit lore, reuse timer annoying as sin, pretty helpful though.

Witcher 3: Hold right mouse button to turn on Spidey Witcher Senses.  Highlights usable stuff, blurs edges of screen.  Coming soon, a mod to remove those ill thought out blurring edges for the people they give headaches to.  God willing.

Jesus, you guys.  I picked "Just tell me a story" difficulty and I'm getting surprise buttsecks by random monsters.  This game on the highest difficulty must be like getting getting your sack crushed by a boa constrictor.

Game keeps with the tradition of traders in The Witcher Universe.  If you can sell an item for 5 gold, it would cost 800 to buy.  Worse markup than Nintendo's bullshit consoles.  ...  Okay, maybe not that bad, but still pretty bad.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Wed May 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Lmao love the pic and rif i totally agree with u this game is insanely hard. I started on normal got my ass kicked and now lowered it to the easiest and am still getting my ass kicked. I love it though i ant far i didnt even kno triss got a new va. U keep letho alive at the end of 2? Nd which path u do iorveth or roche?

Btw yennefer is a bad bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Wed May 20, 2015 9:53 pm

My suggestion so far on Witcher 3 difficulty. Spam Quen sign as much as possible. That bitch will absorb a blow or two and stamina comes back relatively quick. Helps alot.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Thu May 21, 2015 3:17 am

I've been mastering the art of stumbling over myself after getting hit by some fucker just outside of view

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Thu May 21, 2015 4:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfjLRuE1CLw  Clueless Gamer review w/ Conan Obrien

Spoiler:
"I don't care what realm you live in; some things never change: she's not in the mood. Do you think it's possible that later on she'll have sex with me?"

"I mean maybe, depending. There are thirty six endings to this game, so..."

"Oh my god. As long as one of them's happy."
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Sat May 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Just beat it and all i can say is wow. What a fantastic fucking game.  The writing, quests ,characters and enviorments were amazing. So far its 2015s goty unless the new batman or metal gear solid top it which i doubt.  I may even say its my fav gm all time. I loved dragon age inqusiton nd this gm shits all over that one. Cant wait for the expansion passes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:35 pm

This game is pretty fun. There's stuff that I don't like as much, and stuff that I enjoy in other games that isn't in Witcher, but I don't see any 'low quality' anything in The Witcher 3, and I hope CDProjeckt has continued success.

One thing I don't like is the mechanics of character movement. I'm dashing from place to place without meaning to, falling off things I only meant to carefully walk across, etc.

While I think TW3 mostly looks better than DAI, I think that picture above isn't very accurate. There's definitely beautiful characters in DAI, and ugly characters in TW3 - Sera being a derpface is just Sera. I do, however, hope Bioware steps it up with animations and immersive world design in the next Mass Effect (hopefully..) and Dragon Age (definitely) and more. We're definitely at the point where details should matter more, and just 'walking around a beautiful setpiece' should be the bare minimum in AAA RPG design, not the standard. Even TW3's weather changes worked wonderfully.

I won't finish the game. I'll play the first two games first and then return to TW3 in a year or so, when I'll hopefully have the better hardware to play on High-Ultra-Max settings (Medium-Low for now).

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:04 pm

SwobyJ wrote:This game is pretty fun. There's stuff that I don't like as much,

Dontsaysexwithwomendontsaysexwithwomendontsaysexwithwomen-- All the sex with women?

Goddamnit, Rif!  Don't go to the gay thing, you're better than that!

and stuff that I enjoy in other games that isn't in Witcher,

A few weeks ago, I was in chat questioning the honest-to-god existance of a single person that enjoys fishing mini-games.  I've seen them in a bunch RPGs, and they're always bad.  Not sometimes, every time.  Since TW3's release, I've seen at least a dozen people bitching about the lack of a fishing mini-game.

I do not understand people, I really don't.

One thing I don't like is the mechanics of character movement. I'm dashing from place to place without meaning to, falling off things I only meant to carefully walk across, etc.

"Oh my, the ground isn't perfectly level!  Better slide to the bottom!" - Geralt of Rivia, dirt surfer

And did CDPR hire someone whose sole job it was to around to every treasure, sign post, or otherwise interactable object and place a fucking candle next to every single one so that you always interact with the candle 3 times before the object that matters?

My only truly major gripe though was the leveling/skill system.  Leveling in TW3 is hard as hell.  Harder than MMO's.  The skill bonuses are generally pretty minor.  So why the fuck do we have to pick and choose which ones we can use?  Ex-fucking-cuse me?  I have to spend a bunch of points in skills I'm not allowed to use so that I can get access to later ones?  Fuck whoever designed this system.  Fuck them in the ass with a giant fist made out of razorwire.  How is it that 70 is the level cap, yet you stop getting slots to equip new abilities at lvl 30?  How is that in any way defensible?

While I think TW3 mostly looks better than DAI, I think that picture above isn't very accurate. There's definitely beautiful characters in DAI, and ugly characters in TW3 - Sera being a derpface is just Sera.

No, it's perfectly accurate.  The games are opposites in this regard.  Women are unrealistically gorgeous in TW3.  With sorceresses it's understandable because all of them (except Triss, she's allergic to magic because lulz) are using illusions.  But even normal women tend to be... well, look at the var Attre sisters.  Holy shit.  Meanwhile, DAI's women are unrealistically fugly.  Josephine is kind of average looking.  The rest of them, I don't think their bodies are producing estrogen.  Let's not even talk about Cassandra.

I won't finish the game. I'll play the first two games first and then return to TW3 in a year or so, when I'll hopefully have the better hardware to play on High-Ultra-Max settings (Medium-Low for now).

Unlike BW games, Witcher games are completely disconnected from one another.  They barely even reference either other.  There's no real reason to play them in order.  Unless you're putting it off because you're being a Dwailinf-level graphics whore.  In which case, I recommend a better role model.  Like maybe Jack the Ripper.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Dontsaysexwithwomendontsaysexwithwomendontsaysexwithwomen-- All the sex with women?

Goddamnit, Rif!  Don't go to the gay thing, you're better than that!

lol

(Serious answer here though I know there's very good reason to not respond in this manner, but whatever.)

I actually romance women sometimes in other games and I have no problem with that sort of story happening; any of my appeals to the industry for LGB romance has been to open up choices and allow others, even if a minority of the gaming demographic, to enjoy themselves just as much as the majority. I actually criticized Bioware for not having one more female hetero/bi romance next to only Cassandra and Josephine. I think majority demographics definitely matter, and I just only also think that minority demographics shouldn't be shut out of things if a company can do something for them.

Many of the women in TW3 are absolutely beautiful and I have no problem with *a* game having exclusively hetero romantic/sexual options in the story. I will just also promote there being more options than just that, for my own sake for the sake of others. I don't mind Geralt being depicted as heterosexual, but I'll also hope that if there is another Witcher property game after this, one that goes beyond Geralt's story, that the developers let the protagonist we play as to be more. I also wouldn't stand in the way of and would support a game with a clearly (not just RP optional) bisexual or homosexual protagonist, though I tend to think that demographics are not currently on the side of that being highly monetarily supported by others (accusations of SJWing, etc). I can see it being more of a thing 1-2 decades from now, but I won't get into why because that's a whole other topic.

In the opening scene, I of course found myself more attracted to naked Geralt than naked Yennifer, but go CDProjekt RED for not shying away from either! The graphics and art were beautiful for both.

A few weeks ago, I was in chat questioning the honest-to-god existance of a single person that enjoys fishing mini-games.  I've seen them in a bunch RPGs, and they're always bad.  Not sometimes, every time.  Since TW3's release, I've seen at least a dozen people bitching about the lack of a fishing mini-game.

I do not understand people, I really don't.

Ha, really? I normally don't give much of a shit about fishing minigames. At the very least, I think there's much more fun activities that could be put in a game than friggin fishing. For example, that card game rocks!

By 'stuff in other games' I really just meant things that Witcher will never have, like party based combat or more extensive skill-lines (in a way) or deeper visual/etc character customization, and so on. Just things I really do enjoy having in JRPGs, Bioware RPGs, other both bigger and indie RPGs. I was really just saying "Witcher will never have some of the things I prefer", but I'm also fine with that.

"Oh my, the ground isn't perfectly level!  Better slide to the bottom!" - Geralt of Rivia, dirt surfer

And did CDPR hire someone whose sole job it was to around to every treasure, sign post, or otherwise interactable object and place a fucking candle next to every single one so that you always interact with the candle 3 times before the object that matters?

My only truly major gripe though was the leveling/skill system.  Leveling in TW3 is hard as hell.  Harder than MMO's.  The skill bonuses are generally pretty minor.  So why the fuck do we have to pick and choose which ones we can use?  Ex-fucking-cuse me?  I have to spend a bunch of points in skills I'm not allowed to use so that I can get access to later ones?  Fuck whoever designed this system.  Fuck them in the ass with a giant fist made out of razorwire.  How is it that 70 is the level cap, yet you stop getting slots to equip new abilities at lvl 30?  How is that in any way defensible?

Yeah the character movement mechanic (and like you noted, the searching of surroundings) had weaknesses and annoyances. Not terrible, but it should have been nipped in the bud during development ("Do we really need such drastic running movements?" "How about we NOT put that candle there?").

That sucks about the skill system.

No, it's perfectly accurate.  The games are opposites in this regard.  Women are unrealistically gorgeous in TW3.  With sorceresses it's understandable because all of them (except Triss, she's allergic to magic because lulz) are using illusions.  But even normal women tend to be... well, look at the var Attre sisters.  Holy shit.  Meanwhile, DAI's women are unrealistically fugly.  Josephine is kind of average looking.  The rest of them, I don't think their bodies are producing estrogen.  Let's not even talk about Cassandra.

I think DAI went a little far with the 'women are of all kinds!' mentality while TW3 went a little far with the 'women in media like games should be aesthetically (and possibly sexually) pleasing!' mentality. I'm actually not against either, but DAI did seem to be a little in your face with "Look? See? Women that are not what you'd expect in a fantasy game! SEE?" and TW3 looked like it was quite fine with filling the game with ugly men but many less ugly women. I found neither went to ridiculous extremes though; I didn't find DAI to actually have terrible looking *characters* and I didn't find TW3 to be nearly the sexistmisogynisticblahblah that some would claim it to be. I think people exaggerate. But yes, I also think that both games have their issues, DAI probably moreso, and I guess in the way you described (like it was scared to have even one 'objectively beautiful' woman, like those people somehow don't exist (they do)).

Basically I disagree that they're outright opposites, but I do think that your points about this matter are true. I just think characterizing each game as 'Sera vs Yennifer' is a maximum simplification of these valid points.

Unlike BW games, Witcher games are completely disconnected from one another.  They barely even reference either other.  There's no real reason to play them in order.  Unless you're putting it off because you're being a Dwailinf-level graphics whore.  In which case, I recommend a better role model.  Like maybe Jack the Ripper.

I know they're disconnected, but I think that if I get used to TW3, I'll find it even more difficult to get into and complete the first two games.

I know the references are minimal, but I'd still like to know the foundations of the series before I dive into more.

It isn't like Bioware series, but there's still connections that I'd like to make, and since there is a save import, I'd like to make use of that for whatever use it does provide.

Part of my reasoning IS graphics, but I AM okay with playing it on Medium-to-Low on my PC (its technically playable on High but too choppy for my tastes). But if I could just play the first two games first, then turn to TW3 after all sorts of support/patches/mods/DLC are out for it, on a new and better PC, then...why not? There's no rush for me, as I'm not a giant Witcher fan who must see all the content ASAP (as opposed to how I have been with Mass Effect). 

And yeah, I'd prefer to be able to easily play it on High-Ultra. Not because I MUST have it the BEST looking as possible, but because I now know what this game is visually capable of, and what the developers put their work into, and I'd like to experience that in the best way *reasonably* possible. It already looks very good on Medium, but if I have enough reason to try the first two games first and maybe get a better GPU in the meantime, I'll do it.

A bigger deal to me is FPS. I prefer 50-60FPS, not 30-40, when possible. I KNOW 30-40 can work for a LOT of games, but I feel like I don't enjoy it when things aren't completely reactive in Witcher combat. I only get 50-60 FPS on Low, so Medium, while visually okay enough to play, does annoy me sometimes when fighting or in an otherwise graphically intensive area. So a big part of me does consider just getting a better GPU and CPU this year and returning to TW3 to play it on High+ at 50-60 FPS, playing the first two games (and my Skyrim and other playthroughs) in meantime. There's no rush, unlike if I bought the next Mass Effect ('MUST PLAY EVERYTHING NOW').

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:20 am

Radovid sucks flaccid cock.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:47 am

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-is-far-far-bigger-than-the-witcher-3/0156903

http://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:34 am

Norlond wrote:http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-is-far-far-bigger-than-the-witcher-3/0156903
Is anyone surprised by this?

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:32 pm

I'm just getting into the witcher 3 myself (better late than never). DAI not even in the same league as this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:27 pm

dorktainian wrote:I'm just getting into the witcher 3 myself (better late than never).  DAI not even in the same league as this game.  

IKR?

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:02 pm

Witcher 3 is by far my fav gm off all time. As a fan who read the novels and played the other two by god the feels this game brought me. The dialogue setting story quests r amazing. No stupid fetch quests like dragon age inqusition every side quest in this gm was fantastic. I agree rif/dork dragon age inqusition ant even in witcher 3s level. And lets not even get started how i payed 10 dollars for an expansion pass played one of the best dlcs ever and got more content  then some full priced games today.  Yen always and forever though shani was fantastic in hearts of stone. Cant wait for blood and wine in spring hoping for saskia iorveth and yarpen are in it

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:26 pm

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:Yen always and forever

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Lol why u like triss rif? Shes creepy and gets diarrhea often

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:31 am

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:Lol why u like triss rif? Shes creepy and gets diarrhea often

Not even about Triss.  Look, I'm not saying Yennefer is the worst person in the world.  I can't be sure of that, I don't know everyone.  I'm just saying she's the worst person I know of.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by lex0r on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:10 am

Just go for Shani, guys, if you can't decide.

https://www.youtube.com/lex0r
"I like to think about the first law of thermodynamics, that no energy in the universe is created and none is destroyed. Every bit of energy inside us, every particle will go on to be a part of something else. And every part of us now was once a part of some other thing."
lex0r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Can't decide?  I'd rather be inside a sarlacc than Yennefer.

I don't like Shani at all, but at least she isn't a psychopath with no fundamental understanding of ethics and doesn't believe the universe exists for her own personal amusement.  If all mages were like Yennefer, Radovid would be the hero of the story.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Lmao sarlacc. Sidenote Bobos gna wind up being alive nd get a spinoff disneys gna assassins creed the fuck outta starwars. Anyways Rif cmon bruh!!!she likes to have sex on stuffed unicorns and is a sexy piece of hunchback ass. So shes a little nutty and selfish. At least she cares for ciri and didnt yell at geralt eskel and lambert when they wore her clothes. Shes improving as a person a little maybe it had to do with the wild hunt memory wipe. And those werewolf puns between her and geralt. How could u not want to make em virtually fuck lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:23 am

Congrats to CDPR. TW3 dominated the awards.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 170 Game of the Year awards
Fallout 4 - 37 Game of the Year awards
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 23 Game of the Year awards

I'm elated that Bloodbourne didn't even break the top 3. Eat shit, rabid From fanboys.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top