Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crucible. The big mystery device. Or is it?

4 posters

Go down

The Crucible. The big mystery device. Or is it? Empty The Crucible. The big mystery device. Or is it?

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:40 am

So it's clear that as IT'ers we somewhat understand the crucible but really, we don't have 2 shits what it is. I hate this thing. I never liked it, not from the plot or narrative aspect but I always thought the thing was trap. Even before I became aware of IT. It's just an odd device. And I think there's more to it than what Vendetta lets on. Here's my thoughts from a previous post. 

The Crucible being a reaper device. 

The derelect reaper did cause the cerberus team to hallucinate and see things that aren't there. 

What if the crucible when docked with citadel- as we know it's reaper tech, I also suspect the crucible is Reaper tech. Obviously the only universal "tech" "code", whatever is reaper origins. The mass relays, the citadel, the "Mass Effect" technology that can "affect space and time". This is all reaper origin. Now back to the crucible. Javik, vendetta, and even the Leviathan, lol tell Shep that the schematics have been passed down by each cycle. 

So, let's connect the dots. The only universal tech that can be used, understood and operated by Every cycle are:

Mass Relays- Reaper Orlgin. Check

Citadel- Reaper origin. Check

"Mass Effect" technology-Reaper origin. Check. 

The Crucible schematics. Universal designed, passed down by each cycle, never completed...... Meh. According to the "catalyst" shepard is- "The first organic to be here". ORGANIC. Not entitiy or sapient and/or sentiment life, no the First ORGANIC. See there have been others that finished and activated the crucible- they were all synthetic or synthetic hybrid- what synthesis really is, like oh say, The Collectors or Protheans or maybe perhaps the Inussason- you know the statues on Illos that look like morphed Human Husks.

The Crucible is Reaper tech. And it has been used and completed before. And as it being reaper tech when pared with the citadel (another reaper device) it activates the 'intelligence", who may or may not be Harbinger. But once that happens I believe it can indoctrinate almost instantly. How do I know this? Synthesis. That's how. 

Synthesis, again according to the "catalyst", cannot be forced. As they (The reapers) have tried something in the past but failed, lol. Again, the catalyst is clubbing the player over the head saying- "look, look, control and synthesis aren't right, I'm even telling you so".   

It's a red herring. There's tons all over the ending and Mass Effect 3. But the entire convo with the catalyst about Synthesis is a big, big 4th wall break and illusion. 

Bottom line. The crucible is a Trojan Horse. It is Reaper origin and design. And once parred with the citadel. And the activation of the intelligence is complete. It can indoctrinate on a massive scale. 
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

The Crucible. The big mystery device. Or is it? Empty Re: The Crucible. The big mystery device. Or is it?

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:00 am

So that's my opinion. And also why I think synthesis- as it's show is fundamentally  A Reaper choice. And thus the Crucible being the Reaper device to execute it. 

I also think the crucible isn't always the first plan for the reapers. Only when 'anomalies' occur. Like Shepard. 

It's the reapers plan B. 

Plan A for this cycle's harvest was always the citadel trap/ doorway to darkspace- (i.e. Sovereign's main object during ME1.) 

However, the reapers are machines and they have backup plans for their backup plans for their backup plans. 

One of these, is the "crucible". 

Shepad ruined their plan A in ME1. 

Then Shepard avoided being killed or capture in ME2. 

Then Shepard got away during the invasion of Earth. 

But not this time. With the crucible as the "I win button" for this cycle. The reapers let Shepard gather all the major players and resources of the galaxy. Bring them to one place. Then pair another Reaper trap (The Citadel) with the big ole' reaper super indoctrination/reaper maker (The crucible). 

Then have Shepard choose the "best" and "pinnacle" ending that makes everyone the same. One DNA. One mind. One galactic community.....

Or as I call it, the Super Reaper. THE Perfect Reaper. Add Shepard as the 'essence' and 'energy' of this Reaper. (i.e the description and act of synthesis.) 

Control choice is also a Crucible/reaper choice. Because yet again, Shepard is defeated and the reapers are placated with and Survive..... 

Remember what Harby say's in ME2 to shepard-

"Shepard, I ALWAYS survive". 

This is the control choice that the prothean splinter group did. 

I think the protheans got their version of the crucible up and running. But their 'crucible' had only the control option. 

Or the "Low EMS" option, lol. 

However, Destroy is purley a Shepard choice. 

The 'anomaly'. Just by being their (at the crucible's "decesion" chamber) Shepard has changed things. And this choice is valid. 

Hence the the breath scene, and the Reapers true defeat and destruction. 

A little out of left field, but it would make sense. 

* side note. 

There is somehting special about Shepard. And I'm not talking about the incredible leadership skills and military tactic prowess and warrior's skills. 

What I'm talking about is purely unique to Shepard. I think Shepard is genetically superior than any organic in the history of the cosmos. 

Shepard has "it". Whatever it is, it makes Shepard a primary threat and target for the reapers. The anomaly. 

And remember what Legion say's- "you (Shepard) have superior code". 

The geth could literally mean that Shepard does have superior genetic code. 

If the Geth know, you damn well bet that Harby and his buddies know.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

The Crucible. The big mystery device. Or is it? Empty Re: The Crucible. The big mystery device. Or is it?

Post by dorktainian Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:07 am

just a question.

When a relay activates it is to propel something vast distances yes?

So what does the Citadel relay send when it transmits?
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:34 am

If it is Indoctrination on a Galactic scale...then why does the Reapers no bring a Crucible with them every cycle? Take the Citadel, plug in Crucible, boom, cycle pacified. But no they do not do this, instead they have us create the Crucible.

Because i do agree it is a trap, but not of that sort.

Think of it logically here, if the Crucible was any kind of instant win button for the Reapers then it makes no sense for them not to have their own Crucible with them every cycle. They could have constructed it after they pacified the last cycle and had it waiting to pass through the Dark Space relay with them.

No, I think the Crucible is something the Reapers need for when the Cycle is pacified, maybe in the construction of new Reapers, and they are merely letting us construct it so we waste resources on it.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 am

dork wrote:just a question.

When a relay activates it is to propel something vast distances yes?

So what does the Citadel relay send when it transmits?
Um.. Now that is an interesting one. 

Okay, so the Citadel relay goes to darkspace. I dont' think it sends something. I mean it could. I think once opened it opens a path to darkspace right? That's what Sovereign was suppose to do but he scrubbed it up and Shep pwnd him hard. But it is two way. I mean, I think once the cycles harvest is complete the reapers use it to go back to their "domain" (darkspace). So yeah, you could use the Citadel relay to go to darkspace....... 

And kill the reapers..... 

An end once and for all. 

Thats good. very good. 

But Trollware won't do anythign cool like that. 

It would be like Suicide mission 2.0 times 100. And you know  no one liked the ending of ME2. No one. I mean, it's not like the greatest ending in a game ever, or anything like that. Wink Wink Wink

Last edited by TurianRebel212 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:14 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:If it is Indoctrination on a Galactic scale...then why does the Reapers no bring a Crucible with them every cycle? Take the Citadel, plug in Crucible, boom, cycle pacified. But no they do not do this, instead they have us create the Crucible.

Because i do agree it is a trap, but not of that sort.

Think of it logically here, if the Crucible was any kind of instant win button for the Reapers then it makes no sense for them not to have their own Crucible with them every cycle. They could have constructed it after they pacified the last cycle and had it waiting to pass through the Dark Space relay with them.

No, I think the Crucible is something the Reapers need for when the Cycle is pacified, maybe in the construction of new Reapers, and they are merely letting us construct it so we waste resources on it.
I agree with it being a distraction and waste of resources. However, I think it's been used in the past. Just not by an organic and definitely not by the "anomaly". 

Shepard. 

Harby wants shepard to make it to the "decision chamber". Even literalists must see this. 

Anderson: "To bad it took the Reapers to bring us together". 

Garrus- "No. Shepard brought us together".

Anderson- "That's exactly what I meant". 

More hints and 4th wall breaks aimed at the player to give away the 'red herring' that is the crucible and endings. 

If the citadel was really the key component to the crucible and the destruction of the reapers. 

Wouldn't the reaper just, oh I don't' know, Blow it up, lol???

They're machines. Why would they even allow for the possibility- as remote it is, to even put in jeopardy them loosing the citadel and then the crucible docking with it to cause their destruction?? That. Makes. Zero. Sense. 

Unless the crucible and the citadel parring are their design and plan. 

Reapers do not care about the "conflict" of organic vs. synthetic, lol That's the biggest lie ever. 

Reapers only want two things:

Self Preservation. 

And the creation of 1 perfect reaper at the end of every cycles harvest. 

The reapers would never allow a "crucible" device to be constructed or the plans just floating around out there. 

After all, The Reapers reacted to one Persons actions and victory against Sovereign in this way: 

They sent the oldest most powerful reaper and his minions (collectors) to effectively search and capture/kill mission. 

And that's just one dude they did that too. 

I mean come on, they're just gonna let the same dude (or gal-femshep is amazing) to just go get the plans that can lead to their defeat and/or destruction. 

No way. I call puppy poop, big time.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:57 am

FWIW Ii think it is a resource distraction, and then ultimately the biggest bitchslap of a trap
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:15 am

dork wrote:FWIW Ii think it is a resource distraction, and then ultimately the biggest bitchslap of a trap

Delivered by yours truly Casper the Genocidal ghost, I mean "catalyst". 

I always trust kids that burn in my dreams. Always.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Prettz Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:52 am

Bioware: but its for the story twist Shepard, sacrifices had to be made

Shepard:Shepard you... Sacrificed to much
Prettz
Prettz
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:15 am

Prettz wrote:Bioware: but its for the story twist Shepard, sacrifices had to be made

Shepard:Shepard you... Sacrificed to much

Sometimes, derpy writing is just, well, derpy writing. 

But hey, Mass Effect 3 was, "Bigger and sexier than ever"!!!!

Legit. 

Just not the writing tho. 

That was "Dumber and Derpier than Ever"!!!. 

BioDerp. Major lulz.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:46 am

if the crucible is a test, then what is the question?

writing still sucks tho.

Head meets wall 
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:11 am

dork wrote:if the crucible is a test, then what is the question?

writing still sucks tho.

Head meets wall 

Well, yeah. 

I got nothing. I do think it can be viewed literally and symbolically. But yeah.... Derpy writing is derpy writing. 

I think BW is about to kill Shepard and IT with their reveal. I feel something ain't right. I think the next game will have nothing to do with Shepard and crew or the endings of ME3. Sad Sad Sad
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down