Love Interests: End Scene Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Love Interests: End Scene Ideas

Post by Raistlin Majere on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:43 pm

Hello everyone

I brought up this topic in the chat yesterday and I have brought it up before. Basically I would have loved to see, or later see if Mass Effect 3 is followed up on as we hope, a short end scene for each Love Interest over the cause of the games. It would provide closure for the romance arc and the characters involved.

I have ideas for some scenes and what i am asking for is ideas for the scenes I don't have an idea for and opinions on the ones that i do have. The scenes the way i see it need not be particular long, just a show of where the characters involved are together in their relationship after the games end.

Let us give the romances the closure they deserve when the game wont do it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Liara and Shepard:

Shepard is sitting on a bench at Huerta Memorial when a nurse walks up to him and Shepard follows her inside. Shepard is shown entering a room where Liara lies in a bed next to a child. Shepard and Liara's eyes meet, both smiling as Shepard picks up his daughter, holding her as the scene ends.

Tali and Shepard:

We see a close up of Shepard working on something, seemingly finishing it as Tali then approach from behind him. She lays an arm around his shoulder even as Shepard steps back, placing arm around her waist. Both walk backwards, the camera panning out to reveal their house on Rannoch, Shepard and Tali leaning against each other as the scene ends.

Kaidan and Shepard:

(by Eryri)

He and Shepard are out hiking in the Canadian wilderness, each having some good natured banter about the other being too old to be messing about on hill-sides. They come to a clearing, and it opens up into a magnificent view of pine forests sweeping down to a sparkling sea.

Shepard: "Woah! You were right Kay. This is one hell of a view!"

They put their arms around each other, and watch the sun set. The camera pans up as a ship heading for orbit streaks across the sky, making the iconic "Mass Effect" arc with its vapour trail, which morphs into the logo.

Credits.

Ashley and Shepard:

Garrus and Shepard:

Don't have much of an idea as to how the actual scene would progress, but Garrus and Shepard talk about adopting at one point in ME3, a krogan is specifically mentioned if the genophage was cured. So...Shepard and Garrus adopting a krogan, galaxy beware.

Miranda and Shepard:

Possibly Shepard and Miranda adopting a child. I do not expect them to adopt a Krogan like Garrus and Shepard though.

Jack and Shepard:

(By DSharrah)

Jack and Shepard:

Shepard lies in a hospital bed, as he slowly starts to wake - view is switched to his perspective.  As he slowly wakes and he takes in his blurry sorroundings, he starts to recognize a single face.  Jack.

Shepard: Jack...I'm happy to see you.  How long have I been out? What -

Jack:  Bastard! Punches Shepard in the face.  I thought that I had lost you.  Don't ever do that to me again!

Shepard:  I love you too, Jack.  How did you find me anyways?

Jack:  Don't tell me you forgot about the tatoo...and what I told you it was for...Do I need to punch you again!  Cocks fist.

Shepard:  No!  I lying in a bed for crying out loud...I never that I would have been this happy about a tatoo...thanks, Jack.

The two embrace. Then Jack shoves Shepard back into the bed.

Jack:  Don't get too comfortable...there is still work that needs to be done...or maybe now we can finally take the Normandy and go rogue...I am sure that there is a place for pirates in this brave new world.

Shepard:  All that can wait...let me just have a quiet moment with the woman that I love.  Shepard pulls Jack back into an embrace.

Fades to black.

Thane and Shepard:

When starting his loyalty mission in ME2 Thane can have flashback to the burial of his wife. A Hanarr ceremony where his wife's body was wrapped in seaweed and weighted down by stones. From there she was lowered into the ocean even as Thane and his son watched. I imagine one could show of this scene with Shepard saying goodbye to Thane. (No ghosts invited to the ceremony).

Cortez and Shepard:

Jacob and Shepard:

Just kidding here considering how that develops in ME3. At best I can imagine a scene of Shepard watching Jacob through the scope of a sniper, the dot dancing at the back of Jacob's head. Paragon Shepard then turns away and walks of while Renegade Shepard waits for Jacob to turn around and notice the dot before walking of.

(Tell me if I forgot anyone)

Also for fun, potential scenes for some of the NPC couples.

Garrus and Tali:

EDI and Joker:

(By Eryri)

We're at Shepard's wedding with his or her L.I. The wedding party is on the stone path outside the church on a beautiful spring day. The bouquet is thrown, and Edi springs up and catches it. She turns to Joker with a wry smile and a raised eyebrow. "Well Jeff... I believe human tradition dictates a certain course of action at this juncture."

Joker looks nervous and clears his throat. "Well... um. Now that you mention it... Edi, there is something I've been trying to find the right moment for. Um... since this is a stone floor and my knees are made of glass, I'd like you to imagine that I'm kneeling now... and that I'm taller... and have a six-pack..."

The camera cuts to Edi's face, as the cynicism drains out of her smile, to be replaced by pure, sincere happiness.

Fade to black.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(More to be added if necesary).

That is what I got of ideas myself so far, mostly related to the romances that I know enough off to make an accurate idea, but I might look into more. But what do you think and do you all have your own ideas as to how our final look into these relationship should look?

Last edited by Raistlin Majere on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 9 times in total

N7

Back to top Go down

Re: Love Interests: End Scene Ideas

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Name is Kaidan, not Kaiden.

Other than that, I might let you know :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Humakt on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Jacob and Shepard

Shepard kicks Jacob in the nuts. The End.

Nightmare

http://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Miranda and Shepard:

Cut to some time after the war. They're in their living room together. Miranda is pacing up and down looking nervous.

Shepard: "Miranda... remember that this may not work the first time. Dr Chakwas said that this was experimental gene therapy."

Miranda: "You don't have to wrap me in cotton wool Shepard, I knew this was a long shot!
... Sorry, love. I didn't mean to snap. I know you're as nervous as me."

Shepard (smiling): "Don't worry about it Miri. Are the 5 minutes up yet?"

Miranda: "Yep... Well. Here goes!" Miranda holds the test kit up to her face and stares at the window. She pauses, her face expressionless.

Shepard: "Well... what does it say? Are we having a...?"

Miranda says nothing. She just looks up from the test kit as a smile of pure joy spreads across her face.

Fades to black. Credits.

------

I'm not a Mirimancer, but I would like to see that if I ever do another playthrough and choose her as an LI.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:22 pm

I thought up one for Kaidan - referencing some of his dialogue back in ME1 and the Café Scene.

He and Shepard are out hiking in the Canadian wilderness, each having some good natured banter about the other being too old to be messing about on hill-sides. They come to a clearing, and it opens up into a magnificent view of pine forests sweeping down to a sparkling sea.

Shepard: "Woah! You were right Kay. This is one hell of a view!"

They put their arms around each other, and watch the sun set. The camera pans up as a ship heading for orbit streaks across the sky, making the iconic "Mass Effect" arc with its vapour trail, which morphs into the logo.

Credits.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Nice ones Eryri, going to add them to the front, with credit off course.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:Nice ones Eryri, going to add them to the front, with credit off course.
Cheers Raistlin.Grin 

I thought up a cheerfully cheesy one for Joker and Edi actually.

We're at Shepard's wedding with his or her L.I. The wedding party is on the stone path outside the church on a beautiful spring day. The bouquet is thrown, and Edi springs up and catches it. She turns to Joker with a wry smile and a raised eyebrow. "Well Jeff... I believe human tradition dictates a certain course of action at this juncture."

Joker looks nervous and clears his throat. "Well... um. Now that you mention it... Edi, there is something I've been trying to find the right moment for. Um... since this is a stone floor and my knees are made of glass, I'd like you to imagine that I'm kneeling now... and that I'm taller... and have a six-pack..."

The camera cuts to Edi's face, as the cynicism drains out of her smile, to be replaced by pure, sincere happiness.

Fade to black.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Why does Miranda need to have a kid Angry

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Steelcan wrote:Why does Miranda need to have a kid Angry

Why not? Yes I know it says she cant in the Shadow Broker dossiers, but it is also hinted that she tried to have a child so clearly she wants it. Now I don't know if ME3 romance dialogue added any elaboration, but who is to say it can't be fixed?

Above all though this is Love Interest end scene ideas, in general I would imagine such scenes to be positive in nature, not negative, unless there is a really good reason for them to be so (like one part being dead). Really that is just about the biggest turn of I can have in a story, to see a couple go through all manners of hard ships and when peace settles and they can finally be together something drives a wedge into it, like the very gods want to ruin everything they fought for.

Sure it is established that Miranda cant have children, but without much elaboration on why one could imagine it being fixed. After all we fixed a species wide sterility which had been in place for years and defied attempts at curing it, why should one person not be possible?

Or they can also simply adopt, simply stating "why does Miranda needs to have a kid" sounds very negative.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Miranda adopts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:
Steelcan wrote:Why does Miranda need to have a kid Angry

Why not? Yes I know it says she cant in the Shadow Broker dossiers, but it is also hinted that she tried to have a child so clearly she wants it. Now I don't know if ME3 romance dialogue added any elaboration, but who is to say it can't be fixed?

Above all though this is Love Interest end scene ideas, in general I would imagine such scenes to be positive in nature, not negative, unless there is a really good reason for them to be so (like one part being dead). Really that is just about the biggest turn of I can have in a story, to see a couple go through all manners of hard ships and when peace settles and they can finally be together something drives a wedge into it, like the very gods want to ruin everything they fought for.

Sure it is established that Miranda cant have children, but without much elaboration on why one could imagine it being fixed. After all we fixed a species wide sterility which had been in place for years and defied attempts at curing it, why should one person not be possible?

Or they can also simply adopt, simply stating "why does Miranda needs to have a kid" sounds very negative.
First of all jay Watamaniuk, her writer in parts of ME2(including dossiers) and ME3 has said that she was not trying to get pregnant, take it for what you will but Word of God has her not trying to get pregnant.

Furthermore the problem is that this is letting her infertility define her characterization, and that is just a horrible idea. It had no affect on her original characterization and was thankfully only invoked in Miranda's death scene in ME3.

Having her overcome her infertility is not something that was ever played with in Miranda's storyline, and it should be absent in the "culmination" of it.

More so, it messes with why people romanced her in the first place. I don't think any Miranda romancers romanced her so they could have a "normal" life.

Sorry, this is a touchy subject for Miranda fans.
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:04 pm

I've gotta agree with Steel on the Miranda bit.  Adoption is okay, but taking her from sterile to having a kid is too much "everything's gotta be sunshine and rainbows" perfect happy ending.  That's not how Mass Effect has been.  Thane was never going to live happily ever after with FemShep either.  They were going to cure his disease, but he was also going to die saving the Hanar homeworld afterwards.  If she wants a kid (and clearly she does), then adoption is the route to take.  Mass Effect isn't a Disney movie.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:31 pm

In regards to Thane and Shep...didn't they already have the "closing moment" for the relationship in the Citadel DLC?  I don't remember there a feeling of unfinished business with that relationship...at least not like with the others (Liara and blue babies, Tali and the house on Rannoch, etc) that was specifically mentioned in game.

That beind said I think Kolyat asking you to participate in something like this "when all is settled" and then having the "pay off" in the closing moments of the game; would have been much better than what was in the Citadel DLC...so take that for what it is worth.

For Ash and Shep...I think it would be appropriate to have the moment b/w them at a memorial of some kind...perhaps even at her father's burial site w/this dialogue:

Ashley:  Dad, sorry that it has been awhile since I visited.  I have been kind of busy...but there is someone that I wanted you to meet.  This is Shepard. Camera pans to Shepard.

Fades to Black.

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:36 pm

DSharrah wrote:In regards to Thane and Shep...didn't they already have the "closing moment" for the relationship in the Citadel DLC?  I don't remember there a feeling of unfinished business with that relationship...at least not like with the others (Liara and blue babies, Tali and the house on Rannoch, etc) that was specifically mentioned in game.
I want to beat the living hell out of whoever at BW thought that Mass Effect was a series that needed ghosts.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:59 am

Rifneno wrote:I've gotta agree with Steel on the Miranda bit.  Adoption is okay, but taking her from sterile to having a kid is too much "everything's gotta be sunshine and rainbows" perfect happy ending.  That's not how Mass Effect has been.  Thane was never going to live happily ever after with FemShep either.  They were going to cure his disease, but he was also going to die saving the Hanar homeworld afterwards.  If she wants a kid (and clearly she does), then adoption is the route to take.  Mass Effect isn't a Disney movie.
"Mass Effect is not a Disney movie." Synthesis endings says otherwise Tongue 

But I see your point.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:16 am

Fair enough. I don't really mind how Miranda gets a kid just so long as she does somehow, and adoption is just as valid, and more realistic. As Rif says, Miranda clearly wants a kid, and after that miserython of an original ending she should have one.

Just so long as they don't go to meet the child at the adoption agency and find him playing with a toy spaceship, sporting a pudding bowl haircut and a grey hoody...

Actually that might be a good way to start Shepard's return to reality in a "wake up" scenario. Either that or a truly creepy "Reapers Win" ending.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Rifneno wrote:
DSharrah wrote:In regards to Thane and Shep...didn't they already have the "closing moment" for the relationship in the Citadel DLC?  I don't remember there a feeling of unfinished business with that relationship...at least not like with the others (Liara and blue babies, Tali and the house on Rannoch, etc) that was specifically mentioned in game.
I want to beat the living hell out of whoever at BW thought that Mass Effect was a series that needed ghosts.
Well they were already giving us zombies with the husks...

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Eryri wrote:Fair enough. I don't really mind how Miranda gets a kid just so long as she does somehow, and adoption is just as valid, and more realistic. As Rif says, Miranda clearly wants a kid, and after that miserython of an original ending she should have one.

Just so long as they don't go to meet the child at the adoption agency and find him playing with a toy spaceship, sporting a pudding bowl haircut and a grey hoody...

Actually that might be a good way to start Shepard's return to reality in a "wake up" scenario. Either that or a truly creepy "Reapers Win" ending.
To the bolded, that would just be too much.

Although it does remind me of the ending to Monkey Island 2...

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:03 pm

DSharrah wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
A bunch of tech making a corpse move is not a clear statement about the afterlife and religion.  Ghost lizards are.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Rifneno wrote:
DSharrah wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
A bunch of tech making a corpse move is not a clear statement about the afterlife and religion.  Ghost lizards are.
I was just joking...damn the internet (it really ruins a good joke when you have to point out that it was a joke). 

And I do agree with you...I wasn't fond of Thane's ghost or the "funeral" service - the idea presented here would have been much better.

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Ahh.  Opps.  Damn text lacking tone.  :(

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm

DSharrah wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
DSharrah wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
I was just joking...damn the internet (it really ruins a good joke when you have to point out that it was a joke). 

And I do agree with you...I wasn't fond of Thane's ghost or the "funeral" service - the idea presented here would have been much better.
Friggin GhostThane.

Three possibilities (not weighting onto any specific one here):

1)It's all in Shepard's mind (Citadel DLC, maybe more) --> Cheesy, but it works for me at least
2)Shepard is imagining Thane in her mind --> Still cheesy and breaks away from how they've presented stuff thus far (assuming series is almost totally 'literalism')
3)Fanservice handwaving bat riting --> STILL cheesy and now outright bad and very easily insulting to players

Bleh. :suspect:Can't win with a GhostThane. This isn't Star Wars.

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Jack and Shepard:

Shepard lies in a hospital bed, as he slowly starts to wake - view is switched to his perspective.  As he slowly wakes and he takes in his blurry sorroundings, he starts to recognize a single face.  Jack.

Shepard: Jack...I'm happy to see you.  How long have I been out? What -

Jack:  Bastard! Punches Shepard in the face.  I thought that I had lost you.  Don't ever do that to me again!

Shepard:  I love you too, Jack.  How did you find me anyways?

Jack:  Don't tell me you forgot about the tatoo...and what I told you it was for...Do I need to punch you again!  Cocks fist.

Shepard:  No!  I'm lying in a bed for crying out loud...If this is your good side, remind me to never get on your bad side.  I don't think that I...I never thought that I would have been this happy about a tatoo...Jack...thanks.

The two embrace. Then Jack shoves Shepard back into the bed.

Jack:  Don't get too comfortable...there is still work that needs to be done...or maybe now we can finally take the Normandy and go rogue...I am sure that there is a place for pirates in this brave new world.

Shepard:  All that can wait...let me just have a quiet moment with the woman that I love.  Shepard pulls Jack back into an embrace even as she struggles she smiles.

Fades to black.

Edit: Cleaned up some mistakes and added a bit more...

Edit 2:  Apparently this post killed the thread...great...Picard Facepalm

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top