I am a weak man...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am a weak man...

Post by Rifneno on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Damn. I am a weak, weak man. I swore up and down, over and over, that I wasn't going to give BioWare more money. And now, look what I have done.

But I love the little monster... Mass Effect has been a bigger part of my life the past few years than a game should be in anyone's life. Not just the fantastic story of the game, but the community here. This place is something special. as has what brought us here. I wanted a memento. Something I can look at 20 years down the road and remember this crazy ride we've been on. And this is just perfect. I guess I'll just try to justify it to myself by saying since it's limited edition they were going to sell the same number regardless.

Oh. What's this in the box? A code for a free spectre pack in multiplayer? Well. Totally worth the price then.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Re: I am a weak man...

Post by BlueLogic on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:07 pm

That statue is beautiful. The words you've written are beautiful. Embrace this weakness. Joyful 

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Well spoken Rif.

Today, as much as I hate the endings I cant help but be glad they happened because I ahve met so many great people through this theory which would have never appeared had the endings not been so horrible.

I still want the endings to be vindicated, to be shown that Bioware are not totally incompetent, but the community I have met here, the theory crafted helps soften the blow of how bad the endings were.

Also it is a beautiful statuette.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Of Kesak11 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:58 am

I sort of wish i ordered one of these now. It looks great. Also I agree with the last two comments, Well spoken

"Be ready, I wouldn't be surprised if this button summoned a Reaper."
Proud IT Theorist and Talimancer.
"I want more time" - Tali Tali
Ghost Of Kesak11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:34 am

If you're weak, you were weak for all the right reasons. Right on rif, right on.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:00 am

Not what I would have done, but I can appreciate the train of thought.

What I'm listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/Hrothdane/library
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger on Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:07 am

I am one jealous reaper!!!

That's a nice statue though :D

Harbinger approves 100%

Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:31 am

Rifneno wrote:Damn. I am a weak, weak man. I swore up and down, over and over, that I wasn't going to give BioWare more money. And now, look what I have done.
Spoiler:

But I love the little monster... Mass Effect has been a bigger part of my life the past few years than a game should be in anyone's life. Not just the fantastic story of the game, but the community here. This place is something special. as has what brought us here. I wanted a memento. Something I can look at 20 years down the road and remember this crazy ride we've been on. And this is just perfect. I guess I'll just try to justify it to myself by saying since it's limited edition they were going to sell the same number regardless.

Oh. What's this in the box? A code for a free spectre pack in multiplayer? Well. Totally worth the price then.
Nice.
Though, the easiest way to justify this is clearly that you have been indoctrinated. Do you hear the voices?

Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks all.  :)

Ghost Of Kesak11 wrote:I sort of wish i ordered one of these now. It looks great. Also I agree with the last two comments, Well spoken
If you (or anyone else) still wants one, check around eBay.  That's where I got mine.  I was really on the fence about it because of the price and only realized I did want it that bad after they were gone.  I thought to check on eBay one day last week, and low and behold there was one there.  BioWare doesn't make them themselves, Dark Horse Comics makes them.  And apparently they don't give them all to BioWare to sell.  Some go to their other authorized dealers, one of which was who I got it from on eBay.  Probably also some at other Dark Horse retailers who don't use eBay.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:44 am

Nice Rif! Those replicas are great. I admit I did the same thing with some N7 clothes, so  Whistling

Am I weak? Tinfoil Hat

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:30 pm

I must admit, there's something strangely elegant about the design of the Reapers. They're like a more graceful version of the Shadow ships from Babylon 5 - slick in a evil-looking but compelling sort of way.

And regarding sad obsessions with ME merchandise - I have a commander Shepard T-Shirt. That's not the sad part though, as it was bought for me as a present. The sad part, is that I'm keeping it mint in its original wrapping, so that I can wear it for the first time on the day I.T. is revealed...

Assuming that happens before the heat death of the universe, of course.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:18 am

OMG.  CD Projeckt Red announced a partnership with Dark Horse.  I can't afford another $350 for a Witcher replica.  How could they do this to me?!

P.S. Silly Eryri, Big Crunch > Heat Death

P.S.S. Anyone else hear that hum?  It's not just me, right?

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:33 am

Rifneno wrote:

P.S. Silly Eryri, Big Crunch > Heat Death

Agreed, but the universe is too "flat" for that apparently (whatever that means). And the "Big Rip" trumps all when it comes to apocalyptic, end-of-the-universe scenarios. Particularly as it would apparently be fueled by dark energy, which is fitting for M.E.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top