Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory Mark 1

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory Mark 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory Mark 1

Post by Restrider on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Dwailing wrote:I say the choice has some effect on the real world because of the presence of Refusal and its aftermath.  If Shepard does nothing, the Reapers win, and the next cycle destroys the Reapers.  However, in all three of the original choices, our cycle survives as shown by the Stargazer scene.  Also, the Stargazer scene has no differences regardless of choice.  I'm led by these facts to the belief that the choice of how the Crucible is activated might be meaningless as long as it is activated in some way, with the only real difference being whether Shepard lives or dies.
This is not really new. This has been one interpretation, which - while maybe not that widely known - had its followers.
This theory only functions reasonably, if you say that the last choice only affects Shepard (does he survive? how is his mental state [indoctrinated or not]?), but not the outcome of the war. Let's assume the possible options:

Option 1:
Shepard is physically at the command console, but in a hallucinatory phase. His choice affects only his personal future (i.e. dead, indoctrinated to some degree or alive), but not the war.
Thus, in ME:Next we are at a point, where the war is not over. Though it is an interesting scenario and let's you play a tense game and story from the beginning, there is still a huge influence of the first trilogy on the story for ME:Next. Furthermore, how would you beat the Reaper as a new character, since as we know it, the end of ME3 is the do or die mission.

Option 2:
Shepard is physically at the command console, but in a hallucinatory phase. His choice affects his personal future (i.e. dead, indoctrinated to some degree or alive) and more importantly, the outcome of the war in the literal fashion.
Thus, in ME:Next we are at a point, where we can have a new set up and build up for the story. However, you would have to unify the endings. And of course there is still: Synthesis/Control...

Option 3:
Shepard is physically at the command console, but in a hallucinatory phase. His choice affects his personal future (i.e. dead, indoctrinated to some degree or alive) and more importantly, the outcome of the war. But now, Shepard's deranged mind hallucinated the weirdness of Synthesis, Control, Destroy and Refuse. In reality, let's just assume that the Reapers explode in every ending and that the "choices" just define, if our Shepard is indoctrinated, becomes a drooling husk, survives or dies.

Option 3 is the most streamlined, if you want to have a ME:Next, with a new situation and not having to deal with something like Synthesis.
However, it is not the ideal solution. Harbinger
And to add: Take everything that BW officials say with a asteroid of salt. Right now, checking the statistics, it is more likely that what they say is a lie rather than the truth.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2