Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Was the permanent Lockdown a Hallucination?

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 pm

You know, guys...

I just want to clarify that I feel exactly the same way as all of you do. This is a ridiculous move. They basically dumped their strongest supporters in the back alley. It's a really dick move.

But, rationally thinking:

This could be three things.

1. It's actually exactly what Chris claims it is. Which means lazy moderators.

2. IT isn't true, and this is the first step to break the sad truth to us.

3. It's all part of the plan. Since EC, IT is less obvious in the ending. Yes, there are some real subtle clues, but you can't argue it was way more obvious in the original RGB endings, Starbinger's dialogue, etcetera. Too many people believed in IT. It was 80% on Chris's poll right before EC release. Nowadays IT support has dropped drastically. Now we're nearing the one year mark, and the end of the DLC cycle, this is the last step. The darkest hour before the dawn. They want us to feel what Shepard is going through. Well, Shepard is dead, metaphorically. Sure, we have the breath scene, but Bioware says "Definitely No More Shepard!". They want people to completely stop believing it's ever going to happen. (At the same time, they're really creating hope by casually dropping the term "Project X" on a conference, by announcing the 'all-the-writers-and-tearjerker-piano-and-strings-music' DLC.)

"It'll probably gets worse before it gets better" - It just got worse.

"Pretty soon, all we'll have left is blind hope..." - This is literally all we have right now.

"Maintain the story as long as possible." - Evil Chris is evil.

My opinion?

1. Plausible
2. Are you fucking kidding me? "Your mind belongs to me.", nah doesn't hint at anything.
3. I hope. Might as well be 1. Still doesn't mean IT is officially dead.

EDIT: Top, like a boss mother*******

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 am

I think that they're prepping for an IT reveal, but they know that, at the moment, the mere mention of IT gets a lot of contempt and/or hatred from a lot of posters. So part of what they're doing is getting IT out of mind for a while for the posters that hate it, prompting people who don't know a lot about us to go and find out what this crazy theory everyone is talking is, and setting us up as a victim so that people don't just think of us as "those crazy theorists" anymore, but rather people that were wronged. Now people feel sympathy for us (aka a mostly positive emotion) and won't react as badly to any IT reveal.

And, while I didn't venture out into the forums a lot before, if other people had noticed the special treatment we had been getting this would have gotten rid of any feelings of resentment they might have felt.
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:24 am

Lokanaiya wrote:I think that they're prepping for an IT reveal, but they know that, at the moment, the mere mention of IT gets a lot of contempt and/or hatred from a lot of posters. So part of what they're doing is getting IT out of mind for a while for the posters that hate it, prompting people who don't know a lot about us to go and find out what this crazy theory everyone is talking is, and setting us up as a victim so that people don't just think of us as "those crazy theorists" anymore, but rather people that were wronged. Now people feel sympathy for us (aka a mostly positive emotion) and won't react as badly to any IT reveal.

And, while I didn't venture out into the forums a lot before, if other people had noticed the special treatment we had been getting this would have gotten rid of any feelings of resentment they might have felt.

As Javik would put it, "Impressive manipulative skills."

I hope it's true.

Time will tell!

For now, we stand strong, and we stand together! cheers

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Hello! :)
I can actually understand why mark III was locked, what I don't understand is why we can't open a new official thread? I thought they said multiple times that the IT is a valid ending of the game, so ... why not?

Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Allynna wrote:Hello! :)
I can actually understand why mark III was locked, what I don't understand is why we can't open a new official thread? I thought they said multiple times that the IT is a valid ending of the game, so ... why not?

Yeah, we all know why it was locked, heck we were expecting it to happen as soon as Chris got back. It was the "no new thread" bit which got all of us confused too. That's what we're speculating about in here. ;)
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 pm

I hear they locked down the other major discussion threads ( synthesis compendium, control support) and restricted them to group discussion just like us. Is this true?

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 pm

If the problem are really the trolls and the insults... lol! They were the ones that wanted discussion and speculations. What did they expected? Peace and love? Angry

Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:I hear they locked down the other major discussion threads ( synthesis compendium, control support) and restricted them to group discussion just like us. Is this true?

No, most of them seem to still be there, open and flourishing...unlike the poor IT thread...hanging there, all...pale Crying

So even if this has absolutely nothing to do with a DLC release, it just looks like something odd to do...but I don't have to tell anyone of you that it feels weird, unexpected and...well...out of character.

Moreover, out of all the topics they considered to ban it was the IT. They must've expected that suppressing speculations will cause even more speculations. And you know what's funny, for a second of thinking about it today, I remembered how on the day before it got locked, some of us started calculating what centrifugal forces must've acted on the Citadel arms when was spinning, all open above earth.
Maybe they got sick of us going too much into the detail. Maybe it was for some players own good. Too much truth can hurt. Poor Seival might've imploded on all the denial necessary to justify that. :stick:
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Efrath on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I don't visit the Bioware forums very often but I do love checking on the Indoctrination theory thread from time to time, so it was quite a surprise to see it suddenly locked... And stickied? So I have to ask, was the thread stickied before the lock?

It does, as others have mentioned, seem peculiar that they suddenly decided to lock the thread, even though I think that it has become somewhat off-topic. Nevertheless, I don't think I've ever seen any forum lock a discussion like this AND sticky/keep it stickied. Perhaps they want us to be suspicious...

Well, if this is all in preparation for a DLC that will confirm the IT, I'd say the people at Bioware must be one of the most glorious bastards ever. I'll stay hopeful in any case.
Efrath
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Efrath wrote:I don't visit the Bioware forums very often but I do love checking on the Indoctrination theory thread from time to time, so it was quite a surprise to see it suddenly locked... And stickied? So I have to ask, was the thread stickied before the lock?

It does, as others have mentioned, seem peculiar that they suddenly decided to lock the thread, even though I think that it has become somewhat off-topic. Nevertheless, I don't think I've ever seen any forum lock a discussion like this AND sticky/keep it stickied. Perhaps they want us to be suspicious...

Well, if this is all in preparation for a DLC that will confirm the IT, I'd say the people at Bioware must be one of the most glorious bastards ever. I'll stay hopeful in any case.

It was locked and stickied at the same time. Whether the sticky was to show support for IT, or just as a temporary measure to redirect people to the Groups section is up up for debate.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Efrath on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Eryri wrote:
It was locked and stickied at the same time. Whether the sticky was to show support for IT, or just as a temporary measure to redirect people to the Groups section is up up for debate.
Ah, thanks for the answer, I do suppose it could serve as a redirection to the groups section, but normally forums tend to just make a new post and let the locked thread fall into obscurity, especially as I think it would be more effective to make a new post explaining things and sticky that thread. At least I think that's what most forums around the web normally do and I assume a reason for that is to make it easier for people to find and see rather than the last page on a thread spanning over 3000 pages.

But maybe I'm just overthinking it, can't say I'm usually an avid forum goer so I could be wrong.

EDIT: Of course, it can be that they just wanted to show support for IT as you said.
Efrath
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 pm

MaximizedAction wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:I hear they locked down the other major discussion threads ( synthesis compendium, control support) and restricted them to group discussion just like us. Is this true?

No, most of them seem to still be there, open and flourishing...unlike the poor IT thread...hanging there, all...pale Crying

So even if this has absolutely nothing to do with a DLC release, it just looks like something odd to do...but I don't have to tell anyone of you that it feels weird, unexpected and...well...out of character.

Moreover, out of all the topics they considered to ban it was the IT. They must've expected that suppressing speculations will cause even more speculations. And you know what's funny, for a second of thinking about it today, I remembered how on the day before it got locked, some of us started calculating what centrifugal forces must've acted on the Citadel arms when was spinning, all open above earth.
Maybe they got sick of us going too much into the detail. Maybe it was for some players own good. Too much truth can hurt. Poor Seival might've imploded on all the denial necessary to justify that. :stick:

I can understand not wanting a 4th IT thread, but outright banning discussion on a valid ending interpretation and letting crap like synthesis compendium continue?

Well look at the bright side. All the lurkers have come out of the shadows to show their support. We're much larger than a vocal minority.

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by protognosis on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Maybe it was Delusions of Chris's Grandeur? lol. :P
protognosis
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 am

And not only have the IT lurkers come out here, and if it's not just a coincidence, the activity on the BSN's story section has dropped considerably. I don't remember seeing so many threads on page 1 with replies more than 10 minutes ago at this daytime.

Back to top Go down

Post by draconian139 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:43 am

Not to mention that even with the discussion of IT being viewed as somewhat taboo on the BSN there's still a sizable portion of posts being made that are mentioning it in a positive light or outright advocating it.
draconian139
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 am

Allynna wrote:If the problem are really the trolls and the insults... lol! They were the ones that wanted discussion and speculations. What did they expected? Peace and love? :angry:

I dunno; Civilised debate? (Hmm, yeah - 'guess I'm almost stifling a mocking laugh at myself, for being so naive. :P)

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisOneIsPunny on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:18 am

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:
MaximizedAction wrote:

I can understand not wanting a 4th IT thread, but outright banning discussion on a valid ending interpretation and letting crap like synthesis compendium continue?

Well look at the bright side. All the lurkers have come out of the shadows to show their support. We're much larger than a vocal minority.
Yeah it's like, I paid money to buy this game and register it on BSN so I could discuss things relevant to what I think about the game in a public setting where I can read everyone's thoughts, like minded or not, and now I can't do that??

Even if/when IT turns out to be true, I'm not going to be happy with their crap ways of handling customers. GG, Bioware.
ThisOneIsPunny
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:25 am

I've been forum-going for more years than I care to remember, and I've never seen anything handled like this. It's all so contradictory. I'd like to think that Chris has no people skills and is doing his job with all the tact of a flying clawhammer, but it's so close to what seems to be a pivotal DLC. If this is a red herring, then ew, it stinks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm not too hopeful that Chris's actions have to do with dlc plans. While IT theorists have garnered a lot of respect from the BSN community, there are still many who become furious at the mere mention of the theory. I'm certain Chris's actions were a combination of a heavy handed, scorched earth approach to forum management, and a piss poor understanding of how large and important the IT thread was to BSN.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:05 pm

Chris Priestly:
Closing this thread does not validate or invalidate the Indoctrination Theory. As both Jessica and I have said many times, we will never (as far as I know) ever confirm or deny wether the IT is real or not as that is up to the individual playing the game to determine for themself. I personally have some playthroughs where the IT theory is impossible. I also have playthroughs where it could very well be valid.

Ok, I still dont understand why the thread have to be closed but whatever. I dont know if IT is true or not (I want it to be) but if that was not part of the plan, i think that we at least deserve an alternate ending. I dont care if its canon or not, i just need some closure.

Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:I'm not too hopeful that Chris's actions have to do with dlc plans. While IT theorists have garnered a lot of respect from the BSN community, there are still many who become furious at the mere mention of the theory. I'm certain Chris's actions were a combination of a heavy handed, scorched earth approach to forum management, and a piss poor understanding of how large and important the IT thread was to BSN.

And part of what Chris was doing was getting IT out of sight and mind for those that despise it, as well as getting more people to investigate it and feel sympathy towards it. Go on the forums, IT is being mentioned now more than ever. And how many lurkers have come out to show their support for us? We're now stronger than ever, and I bet Bioware anticipated this.

Plus, remember one of the biggest differences between us and the literalists: When Bioware does something stupid, they look at it and say that they're obviously idiots and that we should take it at face value, while we look at the same thing and say "That doesn't make sense, why would they do that?" While I know that Chris isn't Bioware, this action is still so out of character for him that the example works. So, let's see, if he did something that everyone but the fanatical anti-ITers are facepalming at, why? What's his reason? Because the one he gave us obviously isn't it.
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:48 pm

If Chris managed to complete a playthrough that suggested IT was impossible, he must have been high or something.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Mark III unstickied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:If Chris managed to complete a playthrough that suggested IT was impossible, he must have been high or something.

Given when and where he said that, I think that *may* have just been a way to try and appear neutral and impartial. That may be reaching, though.
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Lokanaiya wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:If Chris managed to complete a playthrough that suggested IT was impossible, he must have been high or something.

Given when and where he said that, I think that *may* have just been a way to try and appear neutral and impartial. That may be reaching, though.

I got that vibe as well. The only way to not find indoctrination theory at least plausible is to ignore the themes present within the game, or head-canon something completely different.

I don't believe there's a greater purpose to his actions. He's just pandering to idiots who want to see IT buried and making his job as moderator easier. He got what he wished for I guess. Without IT to send die hard literalists into a frenzy, there's less fights to break up.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top