Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:35 am

SwobyJ wrote:Coulson is going all Renegade Shepard.

EDIT: Also lol @ all my previous thoughts about Ward.

EDIT2: Hey Raina, wanna try out the light side? We have cookies.
Yeah, any thoughts I had about wanting Ward to go good again vanished. Now I want a clip pumped into him.

As for Raina, her I can definitely see going good. Mike Peterson I can't see living happily ever after, but I can see him going good in the heroic sacrifice kind of way, like taking a powerful weapon blast that would have killed Skye or something.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:36 am

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:Ive had the past two eps in my dvr and i just watched them after getting back from seeing captain america.WOW.....thats how you tie in a tv and movie universe.Its night and day how much better this show has gotten. My only thing i hated was that damn patton oswald call of duty line  Picard Facepalm  really marvel/abc?   I just hope next ep we dont get a cheesy one liner how fitz and the black guy like to sit in the cockpit and play that crap of a game called titanfall
Agree on that's how you do a movie tie in. Disagree on your statement on Titanfall.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:Wait.  If Garrett is Hydra, who tried to kill him at the start of the episode?

Victoria Hand, of course.  She correctly thought him to be Hydra and incorrectly thought Coulson to be.

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:My only thing i hated was that damn patton oswald call of duty line  Picard Facepalm  really marvel/abc?   I just hope next ep we dont get a cheesy one liner how fitz and the black guy like to sit in the cockpit and play that crap of a game called titanfall

You realize there's a very high probability that they were paid to advertise CoD like that, right?  If you hear a brand name or product name that's real, the people who made it paid a lot of money to put it there.  Apple paid a fuckload of money for their laptop to be one that Jeff Goldbloom hacks an alien mothership with.  Popeye's paid half a fuckload for half-devil Adam Sandler to spend half of Little Nicky orgasming about how awesome their food is.  When nobody's paying money, the actors are carrying generic cans with the word "Cola" on them.

SwobyJ wrote:That line was so cringeworthy and I can easily imagine the actors themselves going 'wtf'.

But then, a man walked in and handed them burlap sacks with a big dollar sign on them.  And then they were going "yaaaay call of doody!"

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:Yeah, any thoughts I had about wanting Ward to go good again vanished. Now I want a clip pumped into him.

I want to rape him with a hacksaw.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:14 am

I'm not so sure about Ward not going back to the good side...there seemed to be some doubt there with the conversations with Raina and Garret (especially when it concerned Skye). I wouldn't be surprised if it's Skye that turn him back somehow...and Raina does seem ripe for a turn...but it could all be misdirection too.

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:26 am

Rifneno wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:Wait.  If Garrett is Hydra, who tried to kill him at the start of the episode?

Victoria Hand, of course.  She correctly thought him to be Hydra and incorrectly thought Coulson to be.
Yeah, she even says in that episode that she sent them in one of the scenes with her and her crew before the Bus docked.

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:My only thing i hated was that damn patton oswald call of duty line  Picard Facepalm  really marvel/abc?   I just hope next ep we dont get a cheesy one liner how fitz and the black guy like to sit in the cockpit and play that crap of a game called titanfall

You realize there's a very high probability that they were paid to advertise CoD like that, right?  If you hear a brand name or product name that's real, the people who made it paid a lot of money to put it there.  Apple paid a fuckload of money for their laptop to be one that Jeff Goldbloom hacks an alien mothership with.  Popeye's paid half a fuckload for half-devil Adam Sandler to spend half of Little Nicky orgasming about how awesome their food is.  When nobody's paying money, the actors are carrying generic cans with the word "Cola" on them.
I learned in an Economics class that apparently the first movie to use advertising was the first Back To The Future.

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:Yeah, any thoughts I had about wanting Ward to go good again vanished. Now I want a clip pumped into him.

I want to rape him with a hacksaw.
That too.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:29 am

DSharrah wrote:I'm not so sure about Ward not going back to the good side...there seemed to be some doubt there with the conversations with Raina and Garret (especially when it concerned Skye).  I wouldn't be surprised if it's Skye that turn him back somehow...and Raina does seem ripe for a turn...but it could all be misdirection too.
Of the 5 main baddies, I see:

Garrett: Dying.
Ward: Dying, unless they do "love conquers all" thing.
Raina: Turning, or heroic sacrifice.
Peterson: Heroic sacrifice.
Quinn: Dying.

Plus we also have that doctor in the gravitonium as well as the criminal escapees from the Fridge to worry about.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 pm

On the subject of Ward and Skye... didn't Lorelei look into Ward's heart and say that he was in love with an "ice queen"? That description doesn't fit Skye.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:01 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:On the subject of Ward and Skye... didn't Lorelei look into Ward's heart and say that he was in love with an "ice queen"?  That description doesn't fit Skye.

Or does it? We still don't really know what the deal with Skye is...

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:33 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:On the subject of Ward and Skye... didn't Lorelei look into Ward's heart and say that he was in love with an "ice queen"?  That description doesn't fit Skye.
No, she was talking how he was in a relationship with an ice queen, referencing Melinda May. She mentions May isn't who Ward truly loves to May when they're fighting.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:53 pm

You know now that I think about it, it seems kind of cheap that they did the "douchebag releases all the terribad criminals from superprison" angle here after just doing it in Dark World.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Rifneno wrote:You know now that I think about it, it seems kind of cheap that they did the "douchebag releases all the terribad criminals from superprison" angle here after just doing it in Dark World.

I almost wonder if they did that to try and provide a new storyline to continue with the series...without "stepping on the toes" of the storylines for the movies...there can still be tie-ins...but now the series has its own reason to exist within the universe?

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:33 am

DSharrah wrote:
Rifneno wrote:You know now that I think about it, it seems kind of cheap that they did the "douchebag releases all the terribad criminals from superprison" angle here after just doing it in Dark World.

I almost wonder if they did that to try and provide a new storyline to continue with the series...without "stepping on the toes" of the storylines for the movies...there can still be tie-ins...but now the series has its own reason to exist within the universe?
Quite possible. Also the series was extended by pretty much double so these villains will probably be part of that. As for movie tie-ins, the only movie they have yet to tie in with will be Guardians of the Galaxy.

Personally after that I hope the series actually foreshadows things for Avengers 2. Have it be referenced in a movie rather than a movie referenced in it.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:26 am

Anyone else think ward is someone else. I dno i just feel like hes doing all this for paxton or he has a whole other agenda.  I know its a long shot but im kinda hoping that  hes gna wind up being tony masters aka taskmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:50 am

I hope Ward doesn't get off too easily with a quick clean death.

[regarding traitors]
Javik: In our cycle, we would remove their limbs one by one and offer them a choice: eat their own flesh or starve.

I like Javik.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:40 am

Rifneno wrote:I hope Ward doesn't get off too easily with a quick clean death.

[regarding traitors]
Javik: In our cycle, we would remove their limbs one by one and offer them a choice: eat their own flesh or starve.

I like Javik.
I may disagree with Javik on several things, but not this. Especially in Ward's case.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:27 am

"Huh."

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:54 am

"Who or what is a Man-Thing?" :)

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:01 am

Now that I've chimed in twice and failed the lore test both times... uh... third time's a charm?

What are the odds that Garret's got an ocular bomb in his head and is receiving orders in the same way Deathlock is? I mean... those were cybernetics we saw on Garret earlier, weren't they?
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:24 pm

So the plane is in the air with only 2 hydra agents on it...  Someone tell me why there isn't an F-22 on its way to make it stop existing.

BTW, since we know the people making this are Mass Effect fans, I wonder if it's a coincidence that Coulson's skycar has the same nickname that Vega gives FemShep.

Skye is fucking brilliant.  I'd wish there were real girls that awesome, but they wouldn't have anything to do with me anyway.  Shame she didn't have the stomach to watch Ward die though.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Given the previews for next week...I still wonder if they have a Ward turns good twist left up their sleeves...

Skye is awesome. Coulson was lead on Tahiti...

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:24 pm

DSharrah wrote:Given the previews for next week...I still wonder if they have a Ward turns good twist left up their sleeves...

Skye is awesome.  Coulson was lead on Tahiti...
They better not.  Fuck Ward.  He's murdered way too many innocent people to be redeemed.  He needs to suffer and die.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Rifneno wrote:BTW, since we know the people making this are Mass Effect fans, I wonder if it's a coincidence that Coulson's skycar has the same nickname that Vega gives FemShep.

Just a coincidence.

lol

(Coulson's just loco too, without replaced memories.)

They better not.  Fuck Ward.  He's murdered way too many innocent people to be redeemed.  He needs to suffer and die.

I agree. He has four paths to me (unless they surprise us in a good way):

1)Die. Just die.

2)Live. But be a big enemy threat, go completely off the rails. There's that theory that he's Taskmaster or something?

3)Die. But do so in a sacrificial way, yet knowing how much of an idiot he is. No heroic music. No 'I love you Skye', or at least her accepting it. No actual redemption. Just 'Fuck I was dumb to follow HYDRA and kill so many just for a mission' and get all depressed and effectively suicide himself at a good time. And our AGENTS better not think fondly of him afterward.

4)Let's brainwash him too! Wooo replacing memories!

But I lean more towards #1, maybe #2. #3 could very well be done in a way to really annoy me, so I don't really want it. #4 wouldn't satisfy me, but could be interesting down the road?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Coulson's TAHITI lines follow:

Spoiler:
“Director Fury, I regret to inform you that I’m handing in my resignation. I know that you brought me on to Project Tahiti, because you trusted my judgement. And it’s that judgement that is telling me that I can no longer in good conscience let the testing continue.

I understand that you started the program to potentially save a mortally wounded Avenger, but the side effects are too extreme. We had initial success with the regenerative properties of the guest host tissue, but after the initial physical recovery, the subjects began to deteriorate mentally, displaying hypergraphia, aphasia, catatonia, or just complete psychosis.

We don’t know if it was the biology at play or simply the awareness of what was done, but the only course of action that showed any promise of stemming this side effects was memory replacement, erasing completely the awareness of what they had been through. And even those results were very inconsistent.

To be clear, I’m recommending the termination of Project Tahiti. Under no circumstances should these procedures or drugs be administered to anyone for the cost is far too great. Thank you, sir.”

Coulson had it, but also had memory replacement. He may be fine, if not the Coulson that existed before death.
Skye had it, but nothing else = she's gonna start writing stuff, being unable to speak, going into comas, and going loco? :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 01, 2014 12:06 am

People think Simmons may be Mockingbird. Or of A.I.M. (so not technically H.Y.D.R.A.). Or both in some way. The showrunners have everyone guessing..

http://marvel.com/universe/Mockingbird
http://marvel.com/universe/A.I.M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu May 01, 2014 5:07 am

Rifneno wrote:So the plane is in the air with only 2 hydra agents on it...  Someone tell me why there isn't an F-22 on its way to make it stop existing.

BTW, since we know the people making this are Mass Effect fans, I wonder if it's a coincidence that Coulson's skycar has the same nickname that Vega gives FemShep.

Skye is fucking brilliant.  I'd wish there were real girls that awesome, but they wouldn't have anything to do with me anyway.  Shame she didn't have the stomach to watch Ward die though.
You know, I hadn't thought of that. It would be cool if Lola was a Mass Effect reference.

I knew she'd spare him only because I knew the bad guys would get what they want.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top