Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:50 pm

This Real SHIELD story sucks now. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:52 pm

SwobyJ wrote:This Real SHIELD story sucks now. IMO.

Agreed, this is the first time I've been dissatisfied with the show's direction. I even loved it during the "X-Files in Marvel Movie Universe" era before Hydra that most people didn't like.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:36 pm

Can't believe I want Ward back to kill someone. Maybe Gonzales.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Fur28 wrote:Atleast they improved
Spoiler:
Deathlok´s
costume

Also less than a month for Age of Ultron, will the Inhumans be revealed to the world by then or until Civil War to be affected by the Superhuman Registration Act
With how few episodes between now and Age of Ultron, probably very unlikely the Inhumans will be revealed by then. It will most likely be between Age of Ultron and Civil War.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Make it happen. 2:50
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:49 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:

Make it happen.  2:50
Agreed. I would love for one or more of them to cameo in Agents of SHIELD. I also want Coulson to show up in the movies again. Maybe he will in Captain America: Civil War or The Avengers: The Infinity Wars Part 1 and 2. It would be really cool to see the Avengers react to Coulson being alive.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:56 pm

When Coulson said he had a backup of one coming to take care of all those... *searches for a good antonym for "shield"* *finds nothing* ... Notshield agents, I was half expecting an Avenger. Probably Natasha, since she's real SHIELD through and through. I say "half" expecting because while I had no other candidates (obviously I'd forgotten Deathlok even exists), I couldn't imagine them having an Avenger cameo without promoting the everloving hell out of it. They promoted it a lot when Sif made her first appearance ffs.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:15 am

Had another Mass Effect memory moment in this week's episode. Apparently Gordon teleportation ability involves Quantum Entanglement.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:Had another Mass Effect memory moment in this week's episode. Apparently Gordon teleportation ability involves Quantum Entanglement.

Quantum entanglement is a real thing though.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:Had another Mass Effect memory moment in this week's episode. Apparently Gordon teleportation ability involves Quantum Entanglement.

Quantum entanglement is a real thing though.
I know it is a real thing. I just get reminded of Mass Effect when I hear it mentioned is all.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:11 am

So. Theta Protocol.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:25 pm

"I thought your gift was to be able to spin around really fast and collect gold rings." 99/10. #SonicTheHedgehog

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:48 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:So.   Theta Protocol.

My guess: since we know he's working with Maria Hill, who is working for Tony Stark, Coulson may be godfather to Stark's murderous lovechild. I'm sure the amount of hardware and programmers necessary to create that ProtoReaper was extraordinary.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:39 am

What got me was
Spoiler:
Coulson giving Gonzalez the box and telling him that he could keep it until Fury asked for it back. "Oh yeah. Spoiler alert!" Laughing
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Fri May 01, 2015 6:08 am

Spoiler:
In Age of Ultron it turns out that it was the repair and recommissioning of the old Helicarrier from the first film and the construction of the new Avengers base.

Fury even has a line as a nod to the AoS fans, about him "calling in a few favors from a couple old friends.".
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Sat May 02, 2015 10:23 am

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
Spoiler:
In Age of Ultron it turns out that it was the repair and recommissioning of the old Helicarrier from the first film and the construction of the new Avengers base.

Fury even has a line as a nod to the AoS fans, about him "calling in a few favors from a couple old friends.".

Spoiler:
Are you sure?  I don't recall Fury or anyone else mentioning Theta Protocol when he showed up with the surprise Helicarrier.  It's certainly possible that's what the money was going for, but it seems kind of anticlimactic.  I'm also not sure it'd explain the amount of money he spent.  This isn't a newly built Helicarrier, just one that's recommissioned after what, only a few years on the shelf?  I realize Loki's indoctrinated husks did a lot of damage, but they made it sound in AoS like it was billions or even tens of billions being funneled away.

Thoughts on the movie BTW?  I was rather disappointed with Ultron itself.  Easily the least scary "sentient machine goes genocidal/omnicidal" villain I've seen (which admittedly is a short list since sci-fi isn't my thing).  It never even seemed to be a threat big enough to warrant needing the Avengers to put down.  He was barely on par with the big bad of a solo superhero movie.  He wasn't smart, he had no understanding of tactics or strategy, he just sucked.  Not that he was the only one with the idiotball; Stark ran with that motherfucker for most of the movie.  There's less than no excuse for not even trying to put a killswitch or shackles or any safeguards at all.  Banner, for going along with it, isn't much better.  This is something so scary that Cerberus went all-out on the safety protocols for it and Stark just threw the switch without even considering the possibility.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun movie, but it's nowhere near as good as the first and everyone being an idiot really... just... meh.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Sat May 02, 2015 11:46 am

Rifneno wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Are you sure?  I don't recall Fury or anyone else mentioning Theta Protocol when he showed up with the surprise Helicarrier.  It's certainly possible that's what the money was going for, but it seems kind of anticlimactic.  I'm also not sure it'd explain the amount of money he spent.  This isn't a newly built Helicarrier, just one that's recommissioned after what, only a few years on the shelf?  I realize Loki's indoctrinated husks did a lot of damage, but they made it sound in AoS like it was billions or even tens of billions being funneled away.

Thoughts on the movie BTW?  I was rather disappointed with Ultron itself.  Easily the least scary "sentient machine goes genocidal/omnicidal" villain I've seen (which admittedly is a short list since sci-fi isn't my thing).  It never even seemed to be a threat big enough to warrant needing the Avengers to put down.  He was barely on par with the big bad of a solo superhero movie.  He wasn't smart, he had no understanding of tactics or strategy, he just sucked.  Not that he was the only one with the idiotball; Stark ran with that motherfucker for most of the movie.  There's less than no excuse for not even trying to put a killswitch or shackles or any safeguards at all.  Banner, for going along with it, isn't much better.  This is something so scary that Cerberus went all-out on the safety protocols for it and Stark just threw the switch without even considering the possibility.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun movie, but it's nowhere near as good as the first and everyone being an idiot really... just... meh.
Spoiler:
I feel pretty much the same about the movie. The trailers made Ultron seem much more menacing and scary than what he actually was.
Feels like they wasted a good villain just to set the ground for Thor 3 and Infinity War.

Also Banner/Widow felt too forced imo.

Still really enjoyable and I can´t wait to see what the Russo Bros will do with Civil war and avengers 3

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Sat May 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Fur28 wrote:
Spoiler:
I feel pretty much the same about the movie. The trailers made Ultron seem much more menacing and scary than what he actually was.
Feels like they wasted a good villain just to set the ground for Thor 3 and Infinity War.

Also Banner/Widow felt too forced imo.

Still really enjoyable and I can´t wait to see what the Russo Bros will do with Civil war and avengers 3

Spoiler:
Oh yeah, Banner/Widow.  What the fuck was that all about?  It completely undermines their interactions in the first movie.  They weren't just not flirty, he is the one thing she was truly and utterly terrified of.  No man, alien, or god scared her but Scarlett Johansson did an incredible job with the pure primal terror in her eyes when it came to the Hulk.  All her skills mean nothing to his power and rage.  It was a good angle.  But now the avatar of rage won't hurt someone because they make his undoubtedly fire hydrant-sized pecker hard.  Huge, huge step backwards in storytelling there.

Speaking of Banner and Widow, I remember hearing a year or so ago that they were exploring more aspects of their characters in this movie.  The duality of the Hulk, "we want to show that the Hulk is just as afraid of Banner as Banner is of the Hulk."  With Widow, it was about her having an identity crisis without SHIELD because all she thought of herself as was a SHIELD agent - and now that's gone.  These sounded like intriguing stories I was looking forward to.  What happened, did they decide to ditch them in favor of a B-rate C-rate romance?  'the fuck?

Ultron was a huge bust.  He literally just zerged with no self-preservation instinct.  Even when down to his last body, he just chats up someone he knows can kill him with ease and then attacks them.  Even his big villainous master plan, rocket up a city and then drop it, just make go "LOL wut?!"  It was more cartoony and ridiculous than it was genuinely threatening.  It was so absurd it was hard to take seriously.  And how was he even planning to kill the Avengers?  He literally had no way to even damage Hulk, Thor, or Vision.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Thu May 07, 2015 3:30 am

Hmmm... If Coulson were exposed to the Terrigen mist, would it kill him? He has some Kree DNA markers now, yes?
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu May 07, 2015 6:19 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Hmmm... If Coulson were exposed to the Terrigen mist, would it kill him?  He has some Kree DNA markers now, yes?
I was wondering that too. I think it still would, since Mack while under control of the temple still registered Coulson as a trespasser but maybe the Terrigen crystals and mist would be different.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu May 07, 2015 11:36 am

Anyone else find it ironic that Raina spent the first season chasing the mysterious "Clairvoyant" and now she is the shadow broker clairvoyant?

I'm happy to see Gonzales die. That self-righteous pig bothered me more than the outright evil characters.

Surprised by Jiaying's heel turn. Though I can understand her point of view a lot more than plagueface's. I'm sure she genuinely thinks this is the only way to save her people and that the index will end with them being persecuted. Hell, she may well be right about that last part. Her plan is 31 flavors of retarded though. Her story is mindblowingly stupid. Plagueface knows that Naziboy vivisected her and threw out the loose skin on the side of a highway and she grew back from that like she was a fucking plant cutting, and she's claiming he tried to take her out with a sidearm and two shots to the shoulder? Seriously? SHIELD has access to some pretty awesome weapons, and if he was going to try to assassinate someone that doesn't need organs to live, I'm pretty sure he'd take something with a little more punch. The ONLY way it makes sense if she murdered him and tried to frame him, exactly like she did, and exactly like the psychic hedgehog in the next building is screaming that she's going to do. I know Naziboy took your brain Jiaying, but that excuse only goes so far.

I was also surprised to see that I was disappointed when I realized Ward only used icers on Bobbi. I knew I didn't like her, but I didn't realize I wanted her dead. Huh. Learn something new everyday.

Only one more episode. I'm already going into withdrawal. :(

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed May 13, 2015 7:26 am

Pretty great ending. Can't wait for season 3.
Skye leading the Secret Warriors
Coulson getting a robot hand, most likely beacuse everything related to comics and losing a limb leads to a new robot part

Is the small dosis of terrogen in the fish oil enough to kill humans or just enough to only awake inhumans powers?

Also why didn't the fish die? Are fish inhuman? Namor and Atlantis confirmed!/s

And what the hell happened to Simmons
Cannot wait

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 13, 2015 4:50 pm

I loved that finale. Was almost a movie in itself, except for the obvious elements like the sets looking (like always) more like TV sets, the episodic structure, etc.

Coulson needs something for his arm because they need to push the transhumanism more (or whatever) and because a leader of SHIELD needs to have some crazy visual element, they can't just be a normal person. lol

The terrorgen is only enough to awaken inhumans, and maybe even only gradually. As a result, SHIELD needs to be constantly aware of many more superhuman/inhuman awakenings, and can't take the tact of containing them and all knowledge of them, but instead more actively dealing with them. We may or may not see this expand more in Season 3 (my personal thought is that it retreats more into strong secondary plotline like the Ward matters from Season 1 to Season 2), but at the very least, it acts as part of the setup for the Inhumans film years from now. Skye may more comfortably take on duo-persona of working for/with SHIELD and taking a leadership of the Inhumans.

Theories abound about Simmons. One is her being a surprise Captain/Miss Marvel. I don't think this is true, but eh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu May 14, 2015 5:23 am

Some finale. I'm left with one thought more than any other: I bet that multiplier chick is a a real freak in bed with that.

But seriously, I was disappointed Ward lived. I was more disappointed that he's clearly going to be the big bad in season 3. I'm really sick of him to be honest. He was a good villain for a season and a half, but he doesn't warrant any more than that. This is a comic book universe, our big bad shouldn't just be some normal human who is a good fighter (not even the best) and is a self-pitying asshole traitor who blames everyone else for his shit.

Really surprised how Cal turned out. Loved it. Well written. I do wonder why they told us in interviews that he was going to be the big bad for the season though. Purposely misleading us? Why not just not comment if they wanted it to be a surprise? Don't go all Bioware on us.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fish oil thing doesn't even come up next season. They planted seeds in season 1 that still haven't sprouted. Like remember that crazy scientist who was experimenting with element zero gravitonium? And he got caught in the ball of element zero gravitonium? He's clearly going to pop out and be a bad guy with biotic gravity-based powers. But he's still trapped in that ball of element zero gravitonium just trying not to watch while Quinn touches himself while looking at his prized element zero gravitonium. So the fish oil could be a huge thing in the first episode of season 3, or we might not hear about it again until season 5. Who knows?

Those torture scenes with Bobbi were just painful to watch. I almost fast forwarded past them but I was afraid I'd miss something important.

Coulson should get an assistant next season. He really seems to need a hand with things now.

I am so sorry for that. I'll stop now.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri May 15, 2015 6:45 am

The diluted Terrigen Mist in the fish reminds me of the start of the last Hulk movie with Bruce Banner's blood dropping into a soda bottle. That movie was quasi-Marvel Cinematic Universe wasn't it?

In any case, the ones most likely to be exposed to the fish oil are middle aged and elderly people being treated for heart problems.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top