Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Guest on Fri May 15, 2015 4:18 pm

The last Hulk movie is technically part of the MCU. It just matters this much <->. Ha

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat May 16, 2015 6:23 am

That was a really good finale.

My favorite character was Cal. I did not expect anything more than him raging out, but what they did with his character was remarkably well done.

Coulson will probably get a cybernetic arm, especially since in an interview Joss Wedon says that in every part of Marvel Phase 2 involved a hand being cut off as a reference to Luke Skyalker getting his chopped off by Vader in The Empire Strikes Back, which was the second part of the trilogy.
Iron Man 3: The Extremis people had limbs cut off.
Thor: The Dark World: Loki made it look like he cut off Thor's hand.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Bucky Barnes arm being cut off in the fall.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora cuts off Groot's arm when they all fight.
Avengers: Age of Ultron: Ultron accidentally rips the arms dealer's arm off.
Ant-Man: Can't say since it isn't out yet.

I guess Bobbi won't be in the next season if her "I can't do this anymore" line is any indication. Hunter will probably stay though. Mack you knew would come back since you knew he'd be on the ship when they got attacked which would result in a situation mirroring HYDRA's attempt to take the ship. The rest of the crew will, minus Simmons at first since she's going to have to deal with being assimilated by that alien stone. I'm really curious what the stone is and what it does.

The Terrigen crystals leaking into the ocean and into fish is probably going to come back near when Captain America: Civil War happens since the surge of Inhumans will cause the Superhuman Registration Act.
avatar
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by RavenEyry on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Well, finally finished that trainwreck of a half-season. Finale was actually relatively good but I still don't feel particularly satisfied or eager for the next season.
avatar
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 24
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Rifneno on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:55 pm

It's been 3 seasons. I want one thing from this season, the sooner the better.

Grant Ward must die.

After literally years of his shit and half a dozen other villains paying the ultimate price, it's time his check was delivered. No, he doesn't need to be captured or otherwise possibly temporarily impaired. We've seen enough of his Wile E. Coyote bullshit to know how that's gonna end. He needs to stop being alive. No "he got shot, but he's probably dead" shit either. I want to the camera to show his dead body, then pan out to the other side of the universe and show us the other half of his dead body. I expect a spectacular payoff for how long they've had us holding dead-Ward-blueballs. I expect to find out that alien world is in fact Tuchanka, and Ward gets some one-on-one time with Kalros.

The main point of this post is "Ward must die," but the nerd in me can't help but speculate about some things. Some pointless things to boot. For example, one of those "moons" on that planet is just too huge. I don't think that's a moon - I think they're on a moon. The moon of an extremely massive gas giant. The planet has more gravity than Earth though, which would make it many magnitudes bigger than any moon in our solar system. I don't know if moons can even be that big.

Also, that monster on the alien world? 10 bucks says it's Megumi.

P.S. Ward, death, needs to happen.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:37 pm

I hate to think about the trip resulting in Ward just getting superpowers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Rifneno on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:53 am

SwobyJ wrote:I hate to think about the trip resulting in Ward just getting superpowers.

I don't see that happening.  He may set that monster loose on Earth, but I don't see him getting powers from this trip.  Honestly, I'm about 75% sure that the mid-season ending will feature Ward's death.  I googled around a bit and it's a pretty popular opinion that it's time to kill off Ward, both from a fan's PoV and a writer's PoV.  He's out there with a mysterious monster that may decide to kill him just for giggles, and Coulson is also over there desperate to kill Ward and Ward has no idea that Coulson followed through the portal.

Speaking of the monster, there's a lot of theories on which comic character it is.  And all of the presented options are deeply unsettling, as all of them are magnitudes more powerful than anything we've seen in SHIELD.  The Unspoken is a frontrunner.  While it's not an inhuman and actually something infinitely worse, I'm leaning toward it being Death.  Death itself.  As a cosmic entity, there's really nothing higher.  So the only option is for it not to be an enemy, but just part of the natural order of things.  Perhaps it's only fucking with Jemma and that astronaut because they're in its plane.  Speaking of which, that's part of it.  Death has its own... astral plane, I guess.  The "Realm of Death."  It may be that the alien world isn't an alien world at all but rather the Realm of Death.  Perhaps Hydra is mistaken; it's not exiled there, that's just its home.  It's everywhere.  It's death itself.  Why think that?  Well for one, the first image of the mysterious monster that we see is when Jemma spots a figure in tattered black robes.  Just like the classical image of the Grim Reaper.  Death.  And most importantly, that ancient scroll that tells what the monolith portal is.  "Death."

Of course, this doesn't explain Hydra's beliefs that it's an inhuman out there and they should "rescue" it.  But it HAS been thousands of years.  The message could've gotten warped and distorted over time.  Still...

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Dwailing on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:33 am

Rifneno wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:I hate to think about the trip resulting in Ward just getting superpowers.

I don't see that happening.  He may set that monster loose on Earth, but I don't see him getting powers from this trip.  Honestly, I'm about 75% sure that the mid-season ending will feature Ward's death.  I googled around a bit and it's a pretty popular opinion that it's time to kill off Ward, both from a fan's PoV and a writer's PoV.  He's out there with a mysterious monster that may decide to kill him just for giggles, and Coulson is also over there desperate to kill Ward and Ward has no idea that Coulson followed through the portal.

Speaking of the monster, there's a lot of theories on which comic character it is.  And all of the presented options are deeply unsettling, as all of them are magnitudes more powerful than anything we've seen in SHIELD.  The Unspoken is a frontrunner.  While it's not an inhuman and actually something infinitely worse, I'm leaning toward it being Death.  Death itself.  As a cosmic entity, there's really nothing higher.  So the only option is for it not to be an enemy, but just part of the natural order of things.  Perhaps it's only fucking with Jemma and that astronaut because they're in its plane.  Speaking of which, that's part of it.  Death has its own... astral plane, I guess.  The "Realm of Death."  It may be that the alien world isn't an alien world at all but rather the Realm of Death.  Perhaps Hydra is mistaken; it's not exiled there, that's just its home.  It's everywhere.  It's death itself.  Why think that?  Well for one, the first image of the mysterious monster that we see is when Jemma spots a figure in tattered black robes.  Just like the classical image of the Grim Reaper.  Death.  And most importantly, that ancient scroll that tells what the monolith portal is.  "Death."

Of course, this doesn't explain Hydra's beliefs that it's an inhuman out there and they should "rescue" it.  But it HAS been thousands of years.  The message could've gotten warped and distorted over time.  Still...

Okay, I haven't been keeping up with SHIELD or even the MCU as a whole all that much, but I DO know enough about the comics-verse from my wanderings on the internet to know that I can say that there's a good chance of this being accurate. Phase 3 is going to focus on Thanos, right? Well, in the comics, Thanos is in love with Death and was obsessed with collecting the Infinity Gems to prove his worth to her (or something like that, anyway, I'm not really an expert). We already have Thanos, and we already have the Infinity Gems; all we need at this point is Death, and given that SHIELD is a pretty integral part of the MCU at this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they choose to introduce her this way. Of course, this is all just speculation, but I feel like it's not baseless speculation.

_________________



Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
avatar
Dwailing
Praetorian

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Awaiting ME4 news in Louisville, KY

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by ZerebusPrime on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:16 am

"I'll be damned.  Tatooine."

Ah, sly Marvel -> Disney -> Star Wars cross promotions.
avatar
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Posts : 837
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Fur28 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:00 am

Now I'm getting John/Smoke Monster from Lost flashbacks over here.

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Rifneno wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:I hate to think about the trip resulting in Ward just getting superpowers.

I don't see that happening. 

Spoiler:
Both right? I mean, its his body transformed. But also not 'him' since he died. But... oh nevermind. Not!Ward.


-->

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:16 am

Gonna throw a dart at the board again: Not!Ward eventually (end of Season 3, Season 4) gets TAHITIed and is refreshed, with memory loss, powers, and everyone suspicious of him with him confused at why.

Bye.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Rifneno on Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:41 am

I'm okay with "It" escaping.  I mean we all figured it would happen.  But I'm not okay with Ward's continued existence.  Coulson crushing his heart should've been the end of him.  I guess I'll get over it, as long as Ward is entirely gone and this is just a monster using his corpse as a meatpuppet.  I don't want Ward's old personality of memories or anything still there, though.

Poor Jemma.  And Will.  And Fitz.  Poor everyone involved in that mess.  And for that matter, sympathies to Coulson for having to see his girl die in his arms.

Edit: Aww hell.  I just realized: it had Will's memories and could mimic his personality, so it'll be able to do the same for Ward.  Motherfucker, I don't Ward to exist in any capacity anymore.  I want him to piss off the Hulk and get punched into the sun.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:55 am

Rifneno wrote:I'm okay with "It" escaping.  I mean we all figured it would happen.  But I'm not okay with Ward's continued existence.  Coulson crushing his heart should've been the end of him.  I guess I'll get over it, as long as Ward is entirely gone and this is just a monster using his corpse as a meatpuppet.  I don't want Ward's old personality of memories or anything still there, though.

Poor Jemma.  And Will.  And Fitz.  Poor everyone involved in that mess.  And for that matter, sympathies to Coulson for having to see his girl die in his arms.

IT retains the memory of the host and can at least mimic and be in touch with the personality. I think I might have read an interview snippet to that effect too, I can't remember. But its also more than the memory and personality, and there isn't some 'secret Ward screaming to get out' - that 'guy' is dead. If not in dramatics, then at least technically. His body is possessed, he died, and if anything, his body (including brain) might be semi-preserved and transformed by this possession process.

Spoiler:
The TAHITI thing I said earlier is because I can broadly imagine (as a long shot, but don't think I'm taking this seriously) a refreshed 'Pure'!Ward trying to stop a Coulson whose morals have compromised (significantly due to Previous!Ward's actions) to the point of doing something bad (not being bad; Coulson WILL NEVER BE BAD!!! Only maybe problematic as per concerns about TAHITI and him from the very start.). Season 4 material or somethin. Whatever. I'm putting this here just so we can look back in several months or longer and see if I was right or wrong.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Rifneno on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:10 am

I'm sure this is obvious to everyone but if not, calling it on Cerberus Hydra sending "sacrifices" over not as a means of worship but because the monster always need a body to possess or else it's fucked.  So it needs a new person or corpse to possess every now and X years.  Old one gets too rotted to use maybe.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Yeah. Though that might be considered their form of worship. And it might be only the case on that 'dead' planet (rotting), and IT may have more strength on Earth.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Rifneno on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:52 am

SwobyJ wrote:Yeah. Though that might be considered their form of worship. And it might be only the case on that 'dead' planet (rotting), and IT may have more strength on Earth.
Hydra doesn't strike me as the religious sort.  They have a philosophy but it strikes me as a highly pragmatic one rather than one shaped by the beliefs of a deity.  A leader, yes, but not a deity.  Think of the qunari.  That's another solid example of a belief system that's based around pragmatism and not deities.  Or what Javik tells us of the Protheans.  They were an extremely pragmatic bunch who were at best divided about the idea of a supreme being (one that isn't 2 kilometers long anyway).  Hydra strikes me as this type of theology.  They're definitely evil, but they're a pragmatic evil that are doing it for results, not for BLOOD 4 TEH BLUD GOD.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Rifneno wrote:
SwobyJ wrote:Yeah. Though that might be considered their form of worship. And it might be only the case on that 'dead' planet (rotting), and IT may have more strength on Earth.
Hydra doesn't strike me as the religious sort.  They have a philosophy but it strikes me as a highly pragmatic one rather than one shaped by the beliefs of a deity.  A leader, yes, but not a deity.  Think of the qunari.  That's another solid example of a belief system that's based around pragmatism and not deities.  Or what Javik tells us of the Protheans.  They were an extremely pragmatic bunch who were at best divided about the idea of a supreme being (one that isn't 2 kilometers long anyway).  Hydra strikes me as this type of theology.  They're definitely evil, but they're a pragmatic evil that are doing it for results, not for BLOOD 4 TEH BLUD GOD.

You could be entirely right, but I got the sense that it was 'ancient HYDRA' that was different than 'modern HYDRA' that is much less religious. But yes it could be the same for both.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Rifneno on Wed May 04, 2016 4:45 am

How 'bout that Reaper indoctrination Hive parasites?

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Fur28 on Wed May 18, 2016 5:43 am

L.M.D(LifeModelDecoy)at the end
Guess they're going to keep Ward's actor around

Also is Fury back as director or someone else?

_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Wed May 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Maybe its director hill? I mean its not like shes on any shows anymore. And honestly i koved that end convo between hive and lincon

_________________
avatar
ericformans_sisterisdead
Geth Rocket Trooper

Posts : 236
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by ZerebusPrime on Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:23 am

Huh. Ghost Rider.
avatar
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Posts : 837
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Rifneno on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am

The disappointment is entirely my fault. I finally started to believe that Ward was gone for good.

But I forgot his actor still has those photos of the director and those child prostitutes in Thailand. Sure, he's dead. Sure, his body was at ground zero of a nuclear detonation. Why would I assume such trivial matters would keep Ward gone? It's my fault for believing. Like a woman who believed the 50th time he promised not to beat her again, it's my fault for believing.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Rifneno on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:39 am

Am I the only one who holds Fitz responsible?  I would've been fine with it if Robbie took him down to Hell.  He deserves it.  We still don't know what level of sentience the people in the matrix had.  They could have been every bit as sentient as real people.  The parody of logic they use to excuse Fitz could be used to excuse anyone of anything.  Hitler had a douchebag father too, and it doesn't absolve him in the slightest.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to see Fitz' face again and not think of Mengele.

_________________
Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
avatar
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 36
Location : Razgriz Straits

Back to top Go down

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum