What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you REALLY expect from ME4?

16% 16% 
[ 6 ]
30% 30% 
[ 11 ]
19% 19% 
[ 7 ]
8% 8% 
[ 3 ]
27% 27% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 37

Re: What do you REALLY expect from ME4 or whatever it ends up being called?

Post by windsurfing on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:09 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:

Single player???? I could care less to be honest. No Shepard. Me no give 2 shits. Plus.....

The Witcher 3 will give me all the action RPG singleplayer I can handle.

120 hours of it.

Probably.

Picture BF4 style levolution in ME4  Laughing 

Yeah Witcher 3 cant wait for it!

windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:23 am

windsurfing wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:

Single player???? I could care less to be honest. No Shepard. Me no give 2 shits. Plus.....

The Witcher 3 will give me all the action RPG singleplayer I can handle.

120 hours of it.

Probably.

Picture BF4 style levolution in ME4  Laughing 

Yeah Witcher 3 cant wait for it!

No, no, no Good sir.....

Picture BF4 Gltiches and bugs in ME4..... And nades. Lot.... Of nades

Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:34 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:

No, no, no Good sir.....

Picture BF4 Gltiches and bugs in ME4..... And nades. Lot.... Of nades

Egads I get fond memories of Metro BF3! Elevators and the stairs. Ah Nedalicous! Haven't played much BF4 after the Beta but knew it was hella buggy and still is I hear.

If ME4 is the same.... oh dear... hope not.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:36 am

Maybe it is because I have the Xbox One version, but I have yet to experience any of these glitches that BF4 seems to be infamous for. As for the grenade spamming, unfortunately that is in every MP with grenades.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:17 pm

windsurfing wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:

I'm not projecting my biases. I'm critiquing so you can make better polls in the future. And I voted because critiquing something without participating could be considered trolling. you even mention how you don't think our words had merit because you thought we didn't vote.

No I know you voted you stated it yourself. The comment about posting per poll option commentary was directed at the other person whom I also quoted in that reply.

Coming back to trolling, apparently you are trolling already because you voted on a poll you complained is highly biased. The right thing would be comment on the nature of the poll and not vote. You intentions are highly suspect. And nope there are 2 positives in the poll.

Like I said thank you for your vote!  Wink

Huh? I did vote. I said what I voted for. I picked the one closest to my opinion.

It's still a biased poll. Anyone with any experience in that would tell you. Doesn't mean it is automatically bad for a forum, or not fun to do and see the results of (it's not like I'm asking you to wipe it away), but it is biased, when you go:

-Horrible
-Okay but worse than (compares to another game which is also viewed subjectively)
-Slightly better than (compares to another game which is also viewed subjectively)
-Very best ("Address ALL the problems" "Awesome")
-Don't care

That's like, a Biased Poll 101 case example lol. It doesn't mean I hate it. It at least clearly lays out your biases so it isn't like its tricking anyone (which is one of the main concerns with these things), so I don't have some axe to grind.

When I posted commentary, that was me explaining my position on each option, because I was thinking it through. I thought I might as well describe what I considered of each, if I was going to put that much effort into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm

I don't know. I really don't. The "no moar Shepard" stuff doesn't bother me in the very least because everything they said about ME3 was lies. Even ME2, they just responded to every question about Shepard's return with "Shepard is dead." after releasing a trailer showing the prologue up until Shepard's death and no hint of Project Lazarus. I also find it very conspicuous that they only say "no more Shepard" and never say "no more Reapers." The Reapers are around in more endings than Shepard.

On the other hand, I've been here for every "omg this is it this is the reveal omg omg" and I'm not going to set my hopes up to be dashed again. Especially since this game is supposedly being developed by the same retards that gave us volus mercenaries and awakening collectors.

All I know is that I'll find it either the worst thing since Justin Bieber's birth, or the best thing since sex, with no in between. Either it's an IT reveal and continuation or it's not. So it's either incredible or a miserable failure.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:47 pm

SwobyJ wrote:That's like, a Biased Poll 101 case example lol.

Yeah, I have to agree with this, Windsurfing. It's really biased.

That said, I didn't really care and voted what came closest.

Also, kill me if you like, but for me, it's:

ME3>ME2>ME1

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:59 pm

People need to quit bitching about the poll being "biased." Biased wording on polls only matters when the pollees don't have a strong opinion. Everyone here has one about this. It doesn't make any difference, it almost certainly wasn't on purpose, and it's not even a heavy bias. Can we stop QQ'ing about the wording now?

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Rifneno wrote:

All I know is that I'll find it either the worst thing since Justin Bieber's birth, or the best thing since sex, with no in between.  Either it's an IT reveal and continuation or it's not.  So it's either incredible or a miserable failure.

Same here. I'll either love it (IT revealed, hooray!) or loathe it (if the insultingly stupid Crucible magic is revealed as having actually "happened"). I guess those two average out to apathy, so option 5 it is then.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Eryri wrote:Same here. I'll either love it (IT revealed, hooray!) or loathe it (if the insultingly stupid Crucible magic is revealed as having actually "happened").

Haha, oh boy... I can see it before me now. If we get a game where the Crucible magic "actually happened", it'll turn all IT-ers into CW theorists. "None of this can be real! We must be inside a Reaper simulation!" We'll be the laughing stock like never before.

biowar pls

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:Maybe it is because I have the Xbox One version, but I have yet to experience any of these glitches that BF4 seems to be infamous for. As for the grenade spamming, unfortunately that is in every MP with grenades.

Your on xbox one too..... we should squad up one of these days. PM me if u want.

Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:47 pm

Eryri wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

All I know is that I'll find it either the worst thing since Justin Bieber's birth, or the best thing since sex, with no in between.  Either it's an IT reveal and continuation or it's not.  So it's either incredible or a miserable failure.

Same here. I'll either love it (IT revealed, hooray!) or loathe it (if the insultingly stupid Crucible magic is revealed as having actually "happened"). I guess those two average out to apathy, so option 5 it is then.

I'm probably the odd man out here (besides maybe Selim), but I don't think I'll hate ME:Next if it doesn't use IT.  That said, I also get the feeling that whatever they do they'll either retcon the Hell out of ME3 or they'll just be so vague about it that we'll never know exactly what happened beyond that the Reapers were destroyed and the galaxy got back to (relative) normal.  Personally, I'm fine with either of those options, since they at least mean that we'll never be forced to believe that Synthesis was *shudders* real.  Of course, I know that this opinion won't be shared by everyone, and I'm fine with that as well.  Just figured I should share my two cents on the issue.

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Dwailing wrote:
Eryri wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

I'm probably the odd man out here (besides maybe Selim), but I don't think I'll hate ME:Next if it doesn't use IT.  That said, I also get the feeling that whatever they do they'll either retcon the Hell out of ME3 or they'll just be so vague about it that we'll never know exactly what happened beyond that the Reapers were destroyed and the galaxy got back to (relative) normal.  Personally, I'm fine with either of those options, since they at least mean that we'll never be forced to believe that Synthesis was *shudders* real.  Of course, I know that this opinion won't be shared by everyone, and I'm fine with that as well.  Just figured I should share my two cents on the issue.
Yeah. And like you said, it'd vague enough so nobody really knows what happened except that thanks to Shepard the Reapers were defeated. Whether in literal endings, IT, CW, whatever, it's blank enough that all interpretations are valid because any of them could have happened. We just never got to see it.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:Maybe it is because I have the Xbox One version, but I have yet to experience any of these glitches that BF4 seems to be infamous for. As for the grenade spamming, unfortunately that is in every MP with grenades.

Your on xbox one too..... we should squad up one of these days. PM me if u want.
Yes I am. I haven't played BF4 much due to playing the DA games again, but I'll keep the offer in mind.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:35 am

Selim Bradley wrote:Yeah. And like you said, it'd vague enough so nobody really knows what happened except that thanks to Shepard the Reapers were defeated. Whether in literal endings, IT, CW, whatever, it's blank enough that all interpretations are valid because any of them could have happened. We just never got to see it.

No.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:09 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:Yeah. And like you said, it'd vague enough so nobody really knows what happened except that thanks to Shepard the Reapers were defeated. Whether in literal endings, IT, CW, whatever, it's blank enough that all interpretations are valid because any of them could have happened. We just never got to see it.

No.
I was under the impression that after Shepard breaks the indoctrination attempt, they will lead the galaxy to victory against the Reapers. Are you saying this is not the case?
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Selim Bradley wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

No.
I was under the impression that after Shepard breaks the indoctrination attempt, they will lead the galaxy to victory against the Reapers. Are you saying this is not the case?
You think that'll be an off-screen event?  That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.  Regardless, each literal and IT leave vastly different galaxies.  One has only a sick borg abomination surviving with no other forms of life.  One has the galaxy being policed by a vast fleet of immortal monsters.  One has all synthetic life destroyed.  One has every known race being destroyed and a future cycle being in charge of the galaxy.  One has the Reapers still alive and possibly the hero of the galaxy is indoctrinated.

These aren't things you can leave vague.  These are events that change the races that exist, one of them basically rewrites the way reality works.  You can't just fast forward a few hundred or thousand years and it all be relatively the same.  A sequel CANNOT be done without canonizing an ending.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:20 pm

for once i agree with Rif. A Sequel cannot be done without canonizing one of the endings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Destroy will be the closest to canon. I'm ready for many dead Reapers.

I just think that the other choices will lead to related things (not direct control over Reapers, and not green lines) that fit their path, but also reveal what Shepard was going through. Consider that the 'barely reward' people are getting for choosing that, instead of going Destroy and, you know, keeping Shepard himself going.

But yes, they mentioned Destroy enough in certain ways in their own content, and even really sold the idea of it throughout their visual designs (even with the game's cover art), too much to just go "LOL no, Synthesis was really really the best for ME3. Really really. For reals."

I only don't think that they'll go 'instant game over' for those picking Control or Synth. I'd predict more of a 'Saved the Collector Base' result in tone, except significantly more plot-important this time around. 
Bioware seemed to want a lot of players to outright assume and/or sincerely believe that 'Shepard' is dead, so yeah, I think that'll be used as a plot thingy.

But all Reapers being controlled or merged with organic life? LOL not gonna happen. At least not in whatever Citadel/London rubble that Shepard breathes in at :)

Back to top Go down

Post by FreewheelinDylan on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:13 pm

It's going to be what Atlantis is to SG-1.

You'll have a few lovable characters but the difference in quality/dynamics is going to much more different.  At some level, they're going to have cheesy references and silly plot points.

No matter how rough it gets or how much they try to outdo the original trilogy, we'll always say....ehh, Shepard faced worse.

Final verdict: An 8/10 type game compared to a 9 or 10.
FreewheelinDylan
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Mass Effect: Control

"You thought you were so special? Better than everyone else outside this room? You traded your freedom for the luxury of feeling superior. You accepted the group's will over your own conviction, no matter who you hurt. You thought you were just "going along for the ride", and you could just walk away at any moment. But where were you heading? How far would you have gone?"
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:37 am

Eryri wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

I'll chime in and add that I am now in the situation that I do not expect anything really. Thus, everything more than a brainless shooter would actually be a positive surprise for me.
However, I am not sure if some sort of media/PR hype might influence me before the launch of ME4. But the ME3 SNAFU might mitigate these effects.

Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:45 am

It's EA..... The hype train and PR will be on full swing.

Probably something like- 'Only in Mass Effect' with lame ass "gamers" talking in front of tv about how great their Mass Effect 4 'experience' is.

But really this is the truth-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIbM2KIrLk

"a brainless shooter" nah bro, that'll just be the Multiplayer of ME4. The single player will be a Brainless shooter with light RPG elements, auto dialogue, and cerberus as the main enemy....

Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by fshep on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:53 pm

I wanted something in between "It will be thoroughly underwhelming and the death knell for the franchise" and "It will be OK but probably not even ME3 good let alone ME2 or ME1 levels," but I ended up going with the first one. IDK, I'm open to being wrong, but I just can't get myself hyped for anything that other people are asking for (playing multiple races, exploration, etc.). For me, the disappointing shadow of Shepard's trilogy will always be there reminding me of the wasted potential and discouraging me from really getting immersed in any other story they have to offer. le sigh.

fshep
Combat Engineer

Location : it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:25 am

Rifneno wrote:
Selim Bradley wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

No.
You think that'll be an off-screen event?  That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.  Regardless, each literal and IT leave vastly different galaxies.  One has only a sick borg abomination surviving with no other forms of life.  One has the galaxy being policed by a vast fleet of immortal monsters.  One has all synthetic life destroyed.  One has every known race being destroyed and a future cycle being in charge of the galaxy.  One has the Reapers still alive and possibly the hero of the galaxy is indoctrinated.

These aren't things you can leave vague.  These are events that change the races that exist, one of them basically rewrites the way reality works.  You can't just fast forward a few hundred or thousand years and it all be relatively the same.  A sequel CANNOT be done without canonizing an ending.
I never said I liked the idea. I just said it is an option that is available.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top