Inheritances: Consequence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inheritances: Consequence

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 am

Rules: Alright, ground rules people; here's how this is going to work.

First off, there's the basic stuff, be courteous, no gouging and keep it above the belt. Please try to do me a favor and spare my pet peeves, but double-check and proof read your posts, type it up in word and put it in the box if you have to. Please, indulge me. Good grammar and spelling show you care.

Death WILL be a possibility, depending on how unlucky and or stupid your characters end up being. You do have the option to off your character if you send me a PM about it, check with me first before committing suicide so I can at least give the "You have so much to live for" line however.

Note that THERE IS NO PENALTY for a character's death, you can absolutely write up another character to get approved (though having the character privately approved by me before the posting does speed the process), if it helps advance the story then by all means I applaud you, but it IS best to keep characters alive to develop. As I constantly remind my Pathfinder group, I'm not trying to kill you, I'm just here to let you do that yourselves.

Posts at least once an update are ideal, but I can understand when things come up and you don't really have an opportunity, just let me know about things going on beforehand please, I can understand crisis after all, death in the family, unexpected dental/sex-change surgery, marriage, your cat needs to be fixed, ect.

Now that that's all out of the way, here goes; you will be making characters in a fashion roughly similar to D&D or Pathfinder (my own personal RPG drug of choice) and will be writing posts about their actions.

DO's:

1. Be descriptive.
2. Be polite to other posters, but act realistically in character.
3. Be honest.
4. Be present - I will only post a major party-wide update when everyone has gotten to a place appropriate for one, so I cant really make an update for it if someone is not posting.
5. Use non-conclusive words when dealing with other characters and NPCs.
Don't say "my character swings a punch and hits Maximized Action's character in the jaw, knocking loose three of his teeth."
Instead say "My character swings at Maximized Action's intent on violence, desiring to ensure he can carry his teeth in a pocket."
Because the second way makes it possible for other things to happen without contradicting your posts.

DON'Ts:

1. Be bothered if I tell you you need to edit your post. 'Tis just the facts of life that people make mistakes.
2. Use txtspk, or bad grammers an speling.
3. Get bothered by bad events, they happen, and if you can navigate through them, then perhaps a greater reward lies at the end, than if there had been no bad event.

Characters:

So, to start off with, as I have said before, I am not expecting Shakespeare here, I just require your characters to be interesting and well written, meaning no one with the emotional range of a teaspoon, but neither the classical dull, boring, uninteresting pining emo goth. I reserve the right to reject characters, be forewarned of that now. If I don't think your character measures up to the quality standards I have in mind for this RP, or is blatantly offensive, then I am going to tell you to go back to the drawing board.

In other words, NO MARY SUEs, give them flaws and stick to them, no informed abilities or things like that, define who the character is and stick to it.

Now as for the characters themselves you each are to be defined by:

Name: Do I really have to describe this? You can call him Thundercock Gutspit if you've got a good enough reason to.

Age: You can give me anywhere from 15 to 70, just make sure to stick to it, I don't want a 15 year old swordmaster who knows how to drop a knight in full armor with a blunt stick unless there is a very good reason for why.

Race: Elves and Dwarves and men, oh my. I'll explain further in "Setting".

Stats: D&D oldtimers and most people who've played roleplaying games will be familiar with this, but here's for those not in the know; get four dice, roll them six times, dropping the lowest number of the four each time. and adding the remaining three up. Write these down. Then you can assign them to a stat; the purposes of which are;

STR: Strength, your physical stature and a crude approximation of your martial ability.
DEX: Dexterity, a rough approximation of your general physical quickness and flexibility.
CON: Constitution, your physical endurance and general health.
INT: Intelligence, your ability to understand the importance of things, store and recall information, and things of that sort.
WIS: Wisdom, your ability to perceive and internalize the world around you, horse-sense, in a word.
CHA: Charisma, your force of personality, and ability to be charming, intimidating, or to otherwise influence people. It could, but not always is a representation of physical beauty.

Players are required to play to the stats they have set for themselves.

Class: What you do with your life. While I will explain further in "Setting" your choices include; Knight, Fighter, Barbarian, Mage, Holy-Man, Western Monk, Druid of the Old Faith, Alchemist, "Expert", Wanderer and Ranger.

Personality: You guys know the drill, make it interesting and unique, try not to clash too much with another personality already being used, give us depth! Strictly NO cardboard cutout characters or stereotypes.

Appearance: You got free reign here, if you want to give him a pink mowhawk, go ahead, you got free reign.

Culture: This I will explain further when I get to the setting.

And before I leave you to your evil little devices of creating your character, I have a speech I give everyone whom I run an RPG for.

I am not trying to kill you, railroad you or control what you do. I may give suggestions, which you can, if you like tell me to piss off and shove it. While part of the purpose of my RPs is not to lead you by the nose, but to provide a world for you to do things in and let you live in that world, part of MY purpose is to make you all part of an epic story one that includes consequences. If at any point you get an idea for something entirely out of nowhere that you would like to do, let me know, I am here to let you do freaking awesome shit and watch the results. By that same token I am not going out of my way to kill you. In my tabletop RPG games I run, I go by the dice (except where they would limit fun, I always give my party an out, it's entirely on them if they manage to find it.) If you die, then no worries or hard feelings. It's just the way things went down. By that point roll up a new character and join back in.

Be forewarned however that I do not and WILL not allow players to bully, abuse, or insult each other (except where it's all in good fun) and if you are disrupting the RP, causing trouble or simply making poor posts intentionally, you will be dropped, first time is a warning, second, a mistake, third is the delightful sound of ass getting bounced out a door.

But, I fully expect not to end up with such unpleasantness So have fun, be creative and let Erra be your oyster.

Setting will be described in the next post.

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consequence

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Ok, now for setting.

This is drawn from my book series, which I have laboured over a number of years.

The planet is called "Erra". You all are currently on it's western continent, which, I have thusfar still not come up with a name I like. It's working name is Elria.

You are all in some way related to, or involved in a situation that has developed in a small, independent nation in the northern half of the continent, just slightly to the north of the holy Theocracy of Turen (which also shows strong Haronian influence as well), ruled by the Ecclesiaster, Aaron the 13th (or XIII if you prefer). Recently the king has died. In some small way, each of you is involved; one of you may choose to be the heir to this king, and the rest of you are either the heir's retainers, friends, or you were friends of the king.

You now have a country. You're going to have to defend it. Good luck.

Now, the elucidation I have promised; the events of this RP will take place roughly 20 years before the events of my book. There are a number of available races, cultures and ways of life to choose from.

CULTURES AND RACES

The Lombyic Peoples: Human inhabitants of the central, mountainous regions of the continent, the descendants of Lombard are a swarthy-skinned people, who are most similar to the real world medeival italian states. Major Lombyic countries include; The Theocracy of Turen, center of church, the Serene Republic of Loiyre, ruled by two Doges, and the small, mostly unimportant kingdom of Sarvo, ruled by it's "Queen" Ezio Genose.

The Haronian Peoples: Most similar to the medieval French, the Haronian peoples are known for being urbane, cultured, and, occasionally, a bit insane. The major nations are the Kingdom of Gharone, ruled by Francois VI The Elder, and the Principality of Missal, ruled by Prince Alphonse. Not more than a year ago however, the entire country of Gharone was torn apart by civil war when the Baudelair family broke off, taking their lands with them and founded their own kingdom of Brille, the eldest brother, King Albert Baudelair placing himself on the throne. His brothers, Duke Henri Baudelair III and Count Luc Baudelair further rebelled against their brother, and have bogged down the conflict to an even worse degree than before, with one of the Baudelair family's most loyal retainers, Baron Antoine Marblis choosing to sit the conflict out entirely, establishing his lands as an independent barony.

The Stadic Peoples: Most similar to the medeival Germans, the large, and some might say unwieldy, kingdom of Stadveis is ruled by their ailing king, King Wilhelm. Rumors indicate that the king is planning to leave the land to his four sons, whom, it seems, have no designs on co-operation, three of the four making preperations for a civil war that will surely tear the country asunder.

The Findish Peoples: Being a mashup of the Celts and the Norse, the Finds are a people most suited to the north; major nations include the kingdom of Morem, a small, but fiercely independent maritime nation ruled by king Lysander of Ardun (Think pre-Norman England, or Rohan, minus the horses.) the Grand Empire of Contyr, a forced coalition of 9 or 10 diffrent, disparate nations, all united under the banner of the vicious pretender, King Halbar Murchadh of Connic, whose family usurped the genuine rulers years ago, and finally, the Jarlholm of Svygard, ruled by their Svydjarl, Sven Svenson, of the house of Sven, an aging, but still mighty warrior who is preparing to leave his throne, and the loyalty of the Petty Drotteryies to his young son, Aeric the Fairhaired, provided he can force enough of the Drotts to gather in a meadhall long enough to crown Aeric.

The Asturian Peoples: Similar to the medeival and renaissance Spaniards, the Asturians are a broken mess, with only two "successor states" of the original kingdom remaining in Asturian hands. These are the Free Republic of Anastille, ruled by their elected council, and the Kingdom of Garrica, ruled by Ramiro II, both of which remain firm, if grudging allies against the influences of the slowly expanding Caliphate of Tafyya, ruled by the Caliph Al-Ferreyd the Wise, who is now entering his 53rd year.

The Almesshi Peoples: Similar to the medieval Moors and Saracens, the Almesshi are divided into two groups; the Sultanate, and the Caliphate. The Conglomerated Sultanates of the Malarumbai are located far to the south, and have interests on expansion, currently ruled by their High Sulweyik Sultan, Huhmud the Toothless, the Almesshi fully believe that one day they will bring enlightenment to the Infidels, the Caliphate, however, is made up of the loyal followers of Caliph Al-Ferreyd, who long ago came to Asturrione's corpse, intent on founding a land of their own, free of religious persecution by the Sultanate,, it also includes the wandering Almesshi tribesmen, who answer to no law but their own.

The Essic Peoples: Long ago driven from their homeland, the Lost People of Esara have wandered for ages uncounted since the apocalyptic event that forever divided their people, and forced them to wander in search of a homeland. Believing themselves to be the chosen people of the gods, the Essic people firmly believe that they will, one day, find a land of their own again, free from persecution.

The Inetachic Peoples: The other half of the Essic puzzle, broken off from the rest of the lost Esarans, the Inetachi are seen as little more than upright walking vermin by the rest of the continent. The Inetach live in secluded mountains and plains villages, raiding the cities of other cultures for reasons and motives that remain purely their own.

The Thyatic Peoples: A single massive empire, one that has stood the test of time, Thyaticum remains an important cultural and mercantile bastion of the church in the far West. Formed of the lower classes of the Essic peoples long ago in the cataclysm that divided their empire, the Thyatics have done well for themselves, ruling one of the longest-standing empires in history.

The Dwarves: The mighty Kaserate of Aechen, the barely standing, but slowly dying cadaver of the once mighty dwarven empire, is ruled by their Kaesr (King) Calwan Macengus, and his council of 13 magisters. Thus far, the only things keeping the slowly dying dwarves from slipping into extinction from the pressure by the Malarumbai sultanate and the Thyatic armies is their magisters, the true power behind the Kaesr; the only members of dwarven culture legally allowed to remember the secret of dwarven engines; steam engines, tanks, automatons and gunpowder, these magisters; seen as wizards by the outside world, and near deities by their kith and kin, the Magisters use this knowledge to manipulate the kaesr, controlling their country from behind the throne. Note that these dwarves are a mixture of Germanic and Scottish, and both the common tongue's alphabet are derived from them, as is the Stadtic language.

The Elves: Scattered all over the world, in their own little secluded forest-cities, the elves continue to go about their solitary existence, avoiding humanity where they can. Primarily sedentary, elves are seldom seen in the outside world, where they are nearly mythical to humanity, remaining the subject of frightening children's stories. Ruled by their courts, the elves are a representative republic, neatly divided into the Seelie and Unseelie courts, with the Seelie preferring either isolationism or opening their borders (depending on who you ask), diplomacy and generally avoiding the issue of man, the Unseelie are less peacefully inclined, feeling that mankind must be punished as a whole for their considerable wrongs done to the sylvan peoples. Elves are actually very similar to the ancient Greeks, with some Feudal Japanese thrown in for good measure, tending toward factionalism, divvying up their society, and yet providing some of the greatest scholars, philosophers, magi and warriors the planet has seen.

The Shiir: Living so far to the West that they touch the ocean, the Shiir are a strange and complex people, similar to the Chinese, with a good deal of Russian, Indian, and even a bit of Dune thrown in; while they dominate the spice trade, and their culture is one of strictly regimented taboo and aggressively merciless mercantilism, the Shiir perhaps have hope on the horizon, for, as the old emperor is dying; his son Hishko, seems to be quite the reformer. Their slave caste, the human Urabaku are also beginning to sense change on the horizon.

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:56 pm

CLASSES

Prior warning; if two people want to play the same class they had better either work it out between themselves, or have a good reason why they both want the same class. I want variety for you people; you'll need it.

Knight: A noble knight you are! Landed, or unlanded it doesn't matter; you are a respectable member of the gentry! You excel in mounted combat, and are trained in the use of all knightly weapons; sword, bow, axe, mace and many more. Armor is your forte; the common folk being unable to afford it, you may walk around in relative splendor and protection. Your major purposes are combat and diplomacy, making use of your courtly manner to smooth over ruffled feathers. You can mak good use of STR, CON & CHA.

Barbarian: You are the picture found in the dictionary next to the word "Barbarism". You lived among, or were born among some tribe of the north, where they are called Ber-Serks or Bear-Skins, and are known for their Berserkergang, or battle-rage. Farther to the south, the Inetachi clans wander the plains and mountains, raiding indiscriminately. Berserkers are familiar with most weapons, though armor is either unfamiliar to them, or frowned upon. Some make use of the berserkergang, while others simply have a profound connection to the earth and a companion animal. Your primary purpose is combat and nature lore. You can make good use of STR & CON.

Fighter: You, while not a knight, are a skilled combatant; perhaps you are a soldier, or a mercenary, or even a highwayman. You are familiar with only two, or perhaps three weapons, but you know them to a degree that others find astounding. Your primary purpose is combat. You can make good use of STR and CON.

Mage: Magic is the lifeblood of the world. Magi tap into that; making that which is not real, real. Your power is great, to a degree that others find frightening, and unearthly, but, as with all things, power has it's limits. Magic can do great things, but, the forcing of reality down paths you desire is difficult, and painful for you. One must have enormous force of will if they wish to work through the intense pain of spellcasting, their concentration perfect, but the rewards are great. Your primary purposes are spellcasting, healing and lore. You can make good use of CON and INT.

Holy-Man: Your devotion to God and Athalia is unmatched! While miracles are things that happen but rarely, you are well trained in many of the scholarly arts; you know healing and much important scholarly knowledge. Where healing magic fails, you step in, your tried and true medicines curing great ills, and making mighty warriors fit for war once more. Your primary purposes are healing and lore. You can make good use of INT and WIS.

Western Monk: From the Far West, the land of spice and strange species, you come. Bearing no arms, nor armor, and yet not needing them at all, your bring the teachings of the wise to those who desire enlightenment, and the side of your palm to those who would deprive others. Your primary purposes are lore and combat. You can make use of STR, DEX, CON, and WIS.

Alchemist: Men of science! Men of knoweldge. Defeated in your pursuit of magic, or, perhaps with a rightful disdain of all things arcane, which, despite being open to anyone with the will to learn, requires herculean quantities of discipline, you choose a far more open path, one rightfully free to all men! Your purposes are nature lore and skilled work. You can make good use of DEX and INT.

Expert: While you avoid the word "thief" that is likely what many would call you; either that or some variation of "burglar", "spy", "assassin", "rake", or "expert treasure hunter" most of which would be laced with no small degree of distaste, you personally feel that one should never overlook the skills gifted to them. Your primary purposes are "skilled work" and combat. You can make good use of DEX, INT, & CHA.

Druid of the Old Faith: Fools, heretics, and idiotic dullards, the lot of them! You cleave to the old ways, the good ways. The ways of your rightful gods. Not this deceiver that the young priests cling to; the gods who protected your people for thousands of years. While you lack the comfort of hearing your god, as the young priests claim to, you still know things of magic; things the young priests have banned from their orders. Your primary purposes are spellcasting, healing and nature lore. You can make good use of CON, WIS, and CHA.

Wanderer: The open road is the life for you. Your feet itch at the thought of staying in one place; consequently, this has lead you to pick up a number of skills over your lifetime, singing, telling stories, picking locks, generally getting oneself into trouble. Your primary purposes are skilled work, combat and lore. You can make good use of DEX, INT, and CHA.

Ranger: The green places are your home; whether it be born of a desire to wander the trees and hills, protecting nature, or if it is a more pragmatic desire. In either event, you are a masterful wielder of bow and blade, and a superlative woodsman; your primary purposes are combat and nature lore. You can make good use of DEX, CON, & WIS.

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:40 pm

RELIGIONS AND MAJOR ORGANISATIONS

The Church of Athalia the Esarine, and her Prophet Aron: The primary religion of the continent; functionally similar to the Christian church, both in political power, as well as cultural effect. Centered in the holy city of Ascalan, capital of the Theocracy of Turen, the Ecclesiaster is God on earth for all good God-fearing men. It is believed that a thousand years ago, God made his presence known on earth by sending his daughter, Athalia, a small child to a city of men; she spoke of many things, like peace and compassion for thy neighbor. It is said that men listened when the young girl talked, for reasons they themselves did not understand; for her actions and her following she was arrested and executed at the age of 9. A hundred years later, her prophet, the great Aron found recordings of her words, and interpreted them for men, founding the church; hence the tradition that all priests must be male; for the logic goes that a man must interpret the wisdom of women for men. Common criticisms of the church include their massive wealth, the ongoing inquisition in the south, and many question whether Aron was nothing more than a charlatan who took advantage of a long dead child, or whether indeed, if Athalia existed at all.

The Old Faiths: The worship of the old gods, the Findish gods, and the gods of several other cultures. Their pagan worship has been nearly unilaterally banned by the church.

The Heretical Sect of the Transmigration: An offshoot of the Athalian church, who believe that there are only 18 true deities in the world, and that both all other gods are merely facets of the 18, and that the God of the Athalian church is in fact an aspect of the trickster god; who desires to bring man to ruin with his greatest trick yet.

Les Anjels du Silance (The Angels of Silence): The Ecclesiaster's spies; they act in the interests of holy Turen all across the continent; they are extremely able agents as a general rule.

The Cron Darn Na Aduaidh (The Eyes of the North): The spy network of Contyr; extensive training and magical augmentation render these men superhuman, and extremely deadly; while still within the boundaries of mortal men to defeat, fist-fighting one is not advisable. Wherever the Eyes of the North look, expect trouble to follow.

The Blades of Jacopo: The premiere criminal syndicate on the continent; the Blades of Jacopo are one of the most respected and longstanding associations in the world, short of an organized religion. Which assuredly means they're full of liars, lawyers and thieves. Centered in the lawless lands of Asturrione, they hold their capital there, in the city of thieves; the Ruins of Fillone, formerly a major trade city, now filled with tinkers, beggars, thieves and cut-throats.

The College of Science: A gathering of men of like mind, the college of science is where men of reason and knowledge gather, dispelling the assumptions and petty superstitions of the unlearned man. Enemies of the church, the college either concentrate their membership in places beyond the church's reach, or in secret, waiting for their day when they may rise up and dispel the ignorance of religion.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:11 pm

RULES

When finished, your character sheets should look like this;

Name:

Race:

Culture:

Class:

Appearance:

Personality:

STR:
DEX:
CON:
INT:
WIS:
CHA:

Skills:

Inventory:
- -
- -
- -
- -

Armor:
Weapon 1:
Weapon 2:

Ok, the nitty gritty; there may come times in the story when I ask you to make a "check" related to one of your stats. You can choose; either work on the honor system and simply send me either a PM or state in the out of character thread what your check was, or have me roll your checks for you.

To make a successful check, you need to get either a twenty sided die, or some kind of random number generator that goes from 1 to 20. If your resulting number is below or equal to your ability score, you succeeded. If it's above, you failed.

Each of your stats has benefits with it too;

STRENGTH - gives you extra inventory slots, as well as letting your strikes be more damaging; let your posts reflect this.

DEXTERITY - Allows you to make more attacks per post.

CONSTITUTION - Allows you to, in certain life-or death, already-been-wounded situations, to make a check; successful ones let you pull through. despite the odds; healing magic can make this easier, as can medicine.

INTELLIGENCE - In the event of puzzles or desperate situations like that, successful checks might earn you hints via PM from me to help you.

WISDOM - Successful checks let you notice details others might miss.

CHARISMA - You might get discounts at stores, in addition to other social interactions.

3, being the worst possible, means you are extremely bad;

3 in Strength means you have only 6 inventory slots, and do very little damage to things.

3 in dexterity means you are so slow and clumsy that you regularly foul things up, and can only make one attack every-other post.

3 in constitution means your health is extremely fragile, meaning that you get sick easily, and will be more likely to die from minor injuries.

3 in intelligence means you are barely above animal intelligence, you can barely speak, and do so poorly. You are not literate. You may get hints from me; some might be wrong; some might be right. Most will be wrong, but you won't know which ones.

3 in Wisdom means your connection to reality is tenuous at best, you likely have fugues where you stare blankly into space, or consistently make bad decisions. You might notice things that aren't there, or people might find you strange, or absentminded.

3 in Charisma means you can barely assert yourself, or you are so unpleasant to be around, whether you be uncouth or merely ugly, that few would want to be in your presence. You'll get gouged at stores, and people will not like you.

Bad ranges from 4 to 9; at this level of stat, you have 7 inventory slots, can only make one attack per post, will get sick easily, will get bad hints, and you will still get gouged, though, slightly less.

10 and 11 is average. You have 8 inventory slots, can make two attacks per post, will not easily get sick, no longer get hints, good or bad, and prices are the same for you as anyone else.

12-14 is above average. You have 9 inventory slots, do more damage than most, rarely get sick, get occasional good hints, and a slight discount.

15-17 is good. You have 10 inventory slots, do far more damage than most, almost never get sick, get a good amount of good hints, and a good discount.

18 is superlative; you're a genius of some kind, your views on the universe seem preternatural, or your strength is herculean. You get 11 inventory slots, do a great deal more damage than most, hardly ever get sick, get alot of hints regularly, and get a massive discount.

As further explanation; you each get 8 backpack slots; normal equipment takes up one slot, though, special items may not take up any. You also have one space for the armor/clothing you are wearing, and two weapons. Shields count as weapons for this purpose. Skills are based upon your class, and are listed as your "primary purpose".

Note that you cannot ever go above 19 unless you possess a magical item that specifically states so, no matter how many pluses you stack on; there must be some chance of failure, no matter how small.

COMBAT

Basically your dexterity determines how many attacks you are allowed to make per post. Extremely bad Dex, one every other fight-related post. Bad Dex, once every post. Average Dex, one per post, an extra every other post. Above average Dex, two per post.Good Dex, two per post, with an extra every other post. Superlative Dex, 3 per post.

If and when a fight breaks out, I will inform you about how many hits these guys can take from such and such strength (E.G. "The dire boar has health equivalent to 1 strike from Superlative strength!" as an example.), and you can write your posts around that. When dealing with things like these, if you've the strength to kill in one hit, you can feel free to make conclusive; "I kill this thing in this manner" posts, if it's a boss-like creature, then I will specify a few things, such as whether or not it has special abilities, if it needs a check to hit it, etc. If you cannot kill it in one hit, then your posts must specify; "I attempt to attack such and such creature."

For "damage" as based on strength, it works like this;

2 Extremely Bad Strength Hits = 1 Bad Strength Hit
2 Bad Strength Hits = 1 Average Strength Hit
2 Average Strength Hits = 1 Above Average Strength Hit
2 Above Average Strength Hits = 1 Good Strength Hit
4 Good Strength Hits = 1 Superlative Strength Hit

If you have combat skill with the weapon you are wielding, you may treat your strikes as though they are 2 hits instead of one; example; 1 average strength attack, made with the combat bonus means your attack is improved to 1 above average attack; though 1 Good strength attack with the combat bonus is treated as being 2 Good attacks, not 1 Superlative attack. If you are the fighter, and you are wielding your focused weapon, you may add a third hit's worth of damage.

As for how YOU guys get hit and sustain damage, well whenever you make a post in combat, I will do a random number, first comparing it against your dexterity, if you failed that, then I compare another random number against your con; if you failed THAT too, then I will inform you that you have been injured; I will specify an injury dependent on how badly you failed the check.

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:33 am; edited 5 times in total

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 pm

SKILLS

Lore: Your knowledge of the world and history; depending on how good you are at it, it may improve the quality of your hints, or the information that you can gather. Holy-Men are the best at this of the lore classes; Magi are the worst. Wanderers are in between.

Nature Lore: Your knowledge of the natural world; navigation, what to eat and what not to touch; that sort of thing. It may help improve the quality of hints related to natural things. Rangers are the best of the nature lore classes; alchemists are the worst.

Spellcasting: The ability to cast spells. Clear with the DM what you want to do, and the DM will make it happen; but beware! Spells exact a price, and each one has a cost in some way.

Combat: Your relative skill in combat. Possessing this indicates training with a weapon in some capacity, and your posts should reflect this. You also may do more damage, and may make one more attack per post using a weapon you are trained in. Unless otherwise noted, you have particular training in only one weapon, but can use all weapons with some proficiency; classes without this skill make one less attack per post with any weapon.

Healing: You are skilled at the healing arts! Using either medicine or magic, you can heal the injuries or sicknesses of others. This may effect one's ability to care for the injured or sick. Druids are the best at this, Holy-men are the worst.

Skilled Work: You are trained in the various processes of B&E. You know how to pick locks, disarm traps, sneak around unseen, mix chemicals, extract poisons and brew potions. Experts are the best at this; Wanderers are the worst.

Diplomacy: You are skilled in dealing with diplomats and functionaries; you know the ins and outs of high-society; this may aide you when dealing with such characters, and the DM may provide helpful hints to you in such situations.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 pm

As I said previously; you 6 are now in charge of a small kingdom of roughly about 400 square miles.

The king of this nation has recently died, without a son to succeed him.

One of you may be the king's heir, only a human can be his heir, anyone who chooses to be another race will be either a former friend to the king, or one of the heir's friends or retainers.

You are all currently in a single caravan en route to the capital for his majesty's funeral.

The kingdom itself is named Arul; it is a small, maritime nation, located in the northern half of the continent, just north of Turen; being itself a small Lombyic nation that had yet to be absorbed by the Holy Theocracy.

You will be informed further of the situation after the funeral and the reading of his majesty's will.

Clear your backgrounds with me via PM first, but other than that, you are free to determine the nature of your and his majesty's relationship.

Everything is on a first come, first serve basis.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Name: Ven Makrean

Race: Human

Culture: Findish (Contyr)

Class: Ranger

Appearance: Tall and lean, black hair, dark eyes, pale skin.

Personality: Quiet, observant, no nonsense, secretive about past, loyal.

STR: 14 (Above Average)
DEX: 17 (Good)
CON: 15 (Good) (16 to Avoid Injury)
INT: 14 (Above Average)
WIS: 17 (Good)
CHA: 13 (Above Average)

Skills: Nature Lore, Combat (Quarterstaff)

Inventory:
- -
- -
- -
- -
-

Armour: LEATHER GAMBESON - +1 to CON checks to avoid injury
Weapon 1:
Weapon 2:

Last edited by RavenEyry on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Name: Llan Faan (to men) Llan'Faan (to elves)

Race: Elven

Culture: Elven (Seelie)

Class: Expert

Appearance: lean, muscular, curvaceous, back-length black hair tied into a bun and loose bangs that frame face, dark brown eyes, pale skin

Personality: fiercely loyal (always thinking of her lord's safety even at the expense of her own), quiet, observant, professional, efficient

STR: 16 (Good)
DEX: 18 (Superlative)
CON: 12 (Above Average) (13 to Avoid Injury)
INT: 17 (Good)
WIS: 14 (Above Average)
CHA: 18 (Superlative)

Skills: Skilled Work, Combat (Lanna Sciathán)

Inventory:
rope
grappling hook
rogue toolbag
potted plant
--
--
--
--
--
--

Armor: LEATHER GAMBESON - +1 to CON checks to avoid injury
Weapon 1: LANNA SCIATHÁN ("Wing-Blades") - easily concealed (upgraded with Neko-Te aka "Cat's claws")
Weapon 2: Elven Throwing Knives

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:09 am; edited 13 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Name: Erik Fork-beard

Culture: Findish (Svygard)

Class: Knight (Hersir)

Appearance: Short red hair with two braids in it, forked beard, has a scar crossing the left eye, relatively lean, muscular, pale skin

Personality: Strong-willed, very loyal, Not exactly a textbook example of honourable (does whatever is needed to get the job done, regardless if his honour is besmirched my it), peaceful (rarely gets really aggressive, tries to solve problems without violence), social, not snobbish (doesn't consider himself better than normal citizens),brave, sarcastic

Strength: 18 (Superlative)
Dexterity: 16 (Good) (15 while wearing armor)
Constitution: 16 (Good) (19 to Avoid Injury)
Intelligence: 14 (Above Average)
Wisdom: 12 (Above Average)
Charisma: 18 (Superlative)

Skills: Diplomacy, Combat (sword, mace, axe, lance, pike, warhammer, and shield)

Inventory:
-HANDAXE -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
-

Armor: CHAINMAIL - +2 to CON checks to avoid injury, -1 DEX if DEX is over 14
Weapon 1: LONGSWORD
Weapon 2: ROUND SHIELD - +1 to CON checks to avoid injury

Last edited by estebanus on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Name: Aaron Santoyi

Culture: Lombyic

Class: Mage

Appearance: Normal height. Mid length, pony-tailed brown hair with hints of grey, but usually covered by the hood of his greyish coat (similar to AC3's assassin's default outfit). Brown eyes. Swarthy-skinned. Normal body-type. Wears armbands, with some of them having wood-shards attached to them.

Personality: Observant, quiet and ever so meditative. First and foremost, follows and respects the rules of nature. But loyal to people in need of his help, as long as he doesn't feel his boundaries pushed. Restrained at every situation he can handle. Fights until the bitter end, intellectually and physically. Always strives for more independence and strength.

STR: 11 (Average)
DEX: 12 (Above Average)
CON: 12 (Above Average) (13 to Avoid Injury)
INT: 17 (Good)
WIS: 13 (Above Average)
CHA: 15 (Good)

Skills: Healing, Lore, Spellcasting

Inventory:
- -
- -
- -
- -

Weapon 1: MAGE'S STAFF - Spellcasting Focus, decorated with runes
Weapon 2: LONGSWORD

Last edited by MaximizedAction on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 pm; edited 8 times in total
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Name: Rodrigo Orlandi

Culture: Lombyic Peoples (Theocracy of Turen)

Class: Wanderer

Appearance: 5'6", very handsome, heterochromia (one blue, one green), medium-length brown hair. Branding on forehead of a reversed B (Came from the ring of his drunken father)

Personality: Very charming and seems confident, but still haunted by his past meaning he finds it hard to get close to people for too long. Wanderer's life suits him, as he's always moving on to the next location. He's social, and often seems to care little for the women he beds. Learned of the land from moving about, but also knows how to sneak around in the dark. His flexibility allows him to not only please a woman, but to reach hard-to-reach areas. He's not very trusting at first, but if he were to befriend someone/a group of people, trust would not be an issue; the crippling fear that something may happen to them would. He works hard, and amongst the skills he's picked up as a wanderer, he trains often to keep his aim with a bow true. Blackouts.

STR: 9 (Bad) (12 at Range)
DEX: 16 (Good)
CON: 9 (Bad) (10 to Avoid Injury)
WIS: 10 (Average)
CHA: 18 (Superlative)

Skills: Skilled Work, Combat (Bows), Lore

Inventory:
- -
- -
- -
-

Weapon 1: AVENGER - +3 to STR to damage when shot, Requires Combat (Bow) to use, has a minimum range, Far Western Recurve Bow
Weapon 2:

Last edited by CoolioThane on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Name: John Hickman

Race: Human (Morember)

Culture: Findish

Class: Fighter

Appearance: Tall and muscular, Short Hair, bearded, Brown eyes, pale skin

Personality: Quiet, Observant, Only social with close friends, anyone else and he's secretive, Short-tempered and violent (he's learned to control these two over the years through sex and drinking, but will snap if the situation isn't to his liking.)

STR: 18 (Superlative)
DEX: 13 (Above Average)
CON: 16 (Good) (19 to Avoid Injury)
WIS: 14 (Above Average)
CHA: 9 (Bad)

Skills: Combat (Longsword, Crossbow)

Inventory:
- LIGHT CROSSBOW -
- 200 Year Old Bottle of Red Wine -
- Small Bottle of Brandie -
- Small Bottle of Congac -
- -
-

Armor: CHAINMAIL - +2 to CON checks to avoid injury, -1 to DEX if DEX is over 14
Weapon 1: LONGSWORD
Weapon 2: KITE SHIELD - +2 to CON checks to avoid injury, -1 to DEX if DEX is over 14

Last edited by Fur28 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Assets

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:11 am

ASSETS
-----------------------------
SANTOYI CASTLE
Garrison: 0 soldiers, 1 commander(s)

Servants: (2) Banchello, Butler, Giacamo, Teamster

Rooms: The Armory, The Treasury, The Guard Barracks (100), The Royal Family's Suite, The Royal Couple's Chambers, The Firstborn's Chambers, The Secondborn's Chambers, the Thirdborn's Chambers, the Fourthborn's Chambers, The Steward's Chambers, The Guestrooms (20), The Trophy Room, The County Hall, The Dungeon, The Catacombs, The Archive, The Dispensary, The Cloakrooms (20), The Wine Cellar, The Great Hall, The Servant's Quarters (80), The Kitchens, The Basement, Empty Chamber, Empty Chamber, Empty Chamber, Empty Tower

Bailey Outbuildings: Stables (40), Groom's Apartments (10), Storage Sheds (5), Empty Lot, Empty Lot, Empty Lot, Empty Lot, Empty Lot, Empty Lot

Defenses: Gatehouse (Double Portcullis and Wooden Gate), Crenelated Walls, Arrow Slits, Murder-Holes, Curtain Wall, Motte, Siege Weapon Tower (Empty), Siege Weapon Tower (Empty), Siege Weapon Tower (Empty)

State of Repair: The Northeast Tower has been knocked from its foundations and is unstable. The inside of the keep is mostly structurally solid. Most of the decoration and landscaping has either fallen into dilapidation, or has been destroyed, and will likely need to be replaced, if so desired.
THE ARULIAN ARMY
The Armory: 10 Heavy Crossbows, 3 Light Crossbows, 26 Longswords, 24 Kite Shields, 46 Suits of Chainmail, with Gambesons, 31 Leather Gambesons, 7 Billhooks, 9 Pikes, 5 Halberds, 231 Arrows, 596 Crossbow Bolts

Training: 0/10 "Greener Than the Freshest Lettuce"

Commanders: General Armando Ceas, Paraduke of Santoyi Castle, Commander of the Garrison

Uniforms: 119 Tabards, bearing the Santoyi Coat-of-Arms; An Owl D'Or, bound in chains Argent, on a field Rouge

Supplies: None
THE TREASURY
Gold Bullion Count: Unknown

Non-Bullion Assets: Unknown

Mint Count: Unknown

Mint Licences Issued: Unknown

Special Items: Unknown
THE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVE
Notable Rare Texts: Unknown

Available Magical Treatises: Unknown

Available Documentation: Unknown
THE TROPHY ROOM
Trophies: Unknown

Party Trophies: Unknown

Special Items: Unknown
THE DUNGEON
Notable Prisoners: Unknown

Torture Chambers: Unknown

Jailors: Unknown
STABLES
Notable Horses: Unknown
THE COUNTY HALL
Loyal Counties: 0

County Representatives: 0
THE WINE CELLAR
Notable Vintages: Empty
THE CATACOMBS
Notable Interred: King Alonso Santoyi III, 13th King of Arul, Enrico Emmanuel II, Treasurer to His Majesty,

Notable Inhabitants: King Sandro Santoyi, 1st King of Arul, Queen Elamandra Santoyi, 7th Queen of Arul, The Maids of Elamandra (3 of 5) Duke Guiscard Fonmal of Gharone,
THE KINGDOM STATUS
Level of Loyalty: Indifferent - Neither actively loyal, nor disloyal

Level of Panic: Worried
DIPLOMATIC SITUATION
The Grand Empire of Contyr, Ruled by his Royal Majesty, King Halbar Murchadh of Connic: At War

The Holy State of Turen, Ruled by His Holiness, Ecclesiaster Aaron XIII: Cold War

The Kingdom of Morember, Ruled by His Royal Majesty, King Lysander of Ardun: Neutral

The Most Eminent Kingdom of Gharone, Ruled by His Royal Majesty, King Francois IV The Elder: Neutral

The High Kingdom of Stadveis, Ruled by His Royal Majesty, King Wilhelm the Poxed: Neutral

The Conglomerated Sultanates of the Malarumbai, Ruled by His Eminence, High Sulweyik Sultan Huhmud the Toothless: Neutral

The Collapsing Kingdom of Garrica, Ruled by His Royal Majesty, King Ramiro II: Neutral

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17 pm

ROGUE'S GALLERY

Enrico Emmanuel Santoyi II, Former Treasurer of Arul - Ghoul (Formerly Human) - Deceased

BESTIARY

Ghoul: 1 Good, 1 Average - Intelligent undead known for consuming the flesh of the living. They commonly organize into psuedo societies.

They are born of those who were cannibals in life, those who were bitten by ghouls, or those who were especially parasitic socially. These ghouls likely arose from the bodies of former courtiers. While they typically maintain the memories and intellect they held in life, Ghouls usually will refuse to parley with anything, unless overpowered or outnumbered, due to their insatiable hunger.

A colony of Ghouls can be found beneath Santoyi Castle, led by the Ghoul of King Sandro Santoyi.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum