Star Wars

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Star Wars

Post by Maximus on Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:22 am

'The Force Awakens'? More like 'A New New Hope' if ye ask me, only better!
T'was a nice movie and I want moar! D:
Special Effects were awesome, specially when X-Wings rolled into town! Poe Dameron makes me moist... oh man, the way he rekt those TIEs on Takodana... hnnnnnng! Another favorite scene was General Hux's speech, hitlerious and epic at the same time! D:

Also... TR-8R!

Edit: Hue, Top!

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:18 am

Saw it twice. Enjoy it more for its trilogy potential than itself. 7-8/10 depending on day I think of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:56 am

So we all can agree that luke is reys dad and snoke is darth plagueis?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:55 pm

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:So we all can agree that luke is reys dad and snoke is darth plagueis?

'The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too. '
Ayy! Some crazies actually think Rey is Kenobi's daughter or something! Nuts!
The parallels between Her, Luke and Anakin are too strong to ignore! She's gotta be Skywalker...

'The Supreme Leader is wise'
As for Snoke actually being Plagueis? Not so sure... could be true, but Serkis says it's a 'brand new' character (He might be a filthy liar, though)... and why would the ol' man change his name? Mysteries everywhere!

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:08 pm

I think hes a filthy liar. He wouldnt spoil it or even know i feel like and he prob changed his name to hide who he really is plagueis. Reasons why i think he is snoke looked huge and plagueis was a huge alien. The same creepy music is played from revenge of the sith when sidious describes plagueis to anakin when you meet snoke for the first time. Plagueis was always referred to as plagueis the wise and at least twice during the movie snoke was called wise. He could manipulate midochloridians and defeat death so whose to say sidious didnt finish the job. Plus you need a huge enemy to top sidious what better way then his master. I could be overthinking this but i hope im right. I also have a feeling benicio del toro is gna play the movie disney version of admiral thrawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:59 pm

Maximus wrote:

'The Supreme Leader is wise'
As for Snoke actually being Plagueis? Not so sure... could be true, but Serkis says it's a 'brand new' character (He might be a filthy liar, though)... and why would the ol' man change his name? Mysteries everywhere!

I do seem to remember JJ Abrams trying to hide the Khan reveal in Star Trek: Into Darkness by putting a different character name for Benedict Cumberbatch in the promo material. So, it's possible that they are trying to avoid spoiling the reveal. I hope so, as I quite like the Darth Plagueis theory.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:27 pm

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:Reasons why i think he is snoke looked huge and plagueis was a huge alien.

Well yes, original Plagueis was rather tall... being Muun gives you a few more inches where it counts, I guess!

I believe Snoke's size was vastly exaggerated by hologram, though! After all, Abraham Lincoln's monument was an inspiration for his portrayal, y'know! In reality he might be just a guy behind the curtain. I kinda like this concept...

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:The same creepy music is played from revenge of the sith when sidious describes plagueis to anakin when you meet snoke for the first time.

U WAT M8?! *sigh* gotta rewatch TFA... again!

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:Plagueis was always referred to as plagueis the wise and at least twice during the movie snoke was called wise.

I agree, this appeared to me as a crucial clue 'bout Snoke's true identity as well!

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:He could manipulate midochloridians and defeat death so whose to say sidious didnt finish the job.

Ye think ol' Sid was bullshitin' Anakin?

'He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death...but not himself.'

Say the above is true! What do we learn from it? That Plagueiueusus first lost his power, then got rekt by Sid in his sleep. No wonder he couldn't save himself from dyin'. Sneak Attack x16 Crit Damage - Guaranteed OHKO. No room for saving rolls here...

So unless Plageieuesusueisis was playin' the long-con there by bullshitin' Sid with his apparent 'loss of powerz' and 'death', I don't see how else he could've survived. That's some Aizen-level bullshitin' and planning goin' on right there, if it's actually true! Wonder what is Sonke's final goal... Conquering the galaxy and ruling over it for teh evilz won't pass this time, if ye ask me!

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:Plus you need a huge enemy to top sidious what better way then his master.

Makes sense...

I do see a better way to top ol' Sid. Introducing: Motherfckin' Celestials! These guys were powerful like OP as fuck. They are called 'Architects' for a reason! These guys basically shaped the Distant Galaxy as they saw fit with sweg, immense knowledge of the universe and unrivaled mastery over The Force. In 'knew cannon' they're also closely tied to the Prophecy of the Chosen One, as evident in the 'Ghosts of Mortis' trilogy of TCW...

Blah! Prolly' won't happen! Just sayian'!

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:I also have a feeling benicio del toro is gna play the movie disney version of admiral thrawn

Yes plx! +10 Internet Points!

Last edited by Maximus on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Yeah I don't have a problem with Snoke because clearly he's just trying to look imposing for a Imperial faction that is now on the losing side and needing big-scale fanatical symbols to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:34 am

SwobyJ wrote:Yeah I don't have a problem with Snoke because clearly he's just trying to look imposing for a Imperial faction that is now on the losing side and needing big-scale fanatical symbols to follow.

Hey, I didn't say I've a problem with Snoke! On the contrary! I really like the idea behind the character, Plagueisueuisuesusieis or not! Just sayin' that ol' Snoky reminds me of Oz, y'know. Working from the shadows, discreetly manipulating people and events, faking own appearance for lulz... it fits!

He was also described as a quite powerful being, yet somehow vulnerable at the same time. His physical appearance tells as much 'bout the latter, but we don't know yet in what sense he is the former...

Powerful how? In influence over the Galaxy? Mastery in the Force? In deception? Knowledge and Wisdom?

HUE! HUE! HUE! BRING ME REY DOROTHY!!!

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:08 am

The trailer for Rouge One has been released

Might this be a Star Wars "prequel" that's actually watchable? It seems to be a change in tone from the regular series- slightly grittier. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Forest Whittaker did seem to be chewing the scenery a bit though... Unpleasant flashbacks of Battlefield Earth.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Oh, is this where I go to post something like this?

ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:06 pm

I love star wars clone wars tv show. Rebels has to much filler but its okay. That finale was epic though. I wonder when we will see ashoka again cause she deff seemed alive walking into that temple. Also rogue one looks fantastic. Donnie yen kicking ass im sold. Also i hope vader at the end comes onscreen and slaughters all the rebel scum

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:42 am

ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top