Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT HATERS HALL OF FAME

+7
windsurfing
symbowles
TurianRebel212
DoomsdayDevice
ElSuperGecko
dorktainian
noobcannon
11 posters

Go down

IT HATERS HALL OF FAME Empty IT HATERS HALL OF FAME

Post by noobcannon Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:00 am

I posted some of these somewhere else but figure it deserves its own thread since i have so many now.

We all know who they are. Some are just trolls in it for the lulz, others sniff alot of glue. I give you the IT haters.

IT HATERS HALL OF FAME 5NeX1Gv

EDIT***** FRESH NEW HATERS

Han Shot First wrote...
I can understand why  the IT crowd would like to see a rewrite of ME3's endings, even though I'm not a fan of their proposed rewrite. But after 2 years it is well past time to accept that, love them or hate them, Mass Effect 3's endings are what they are. The Extended Cut, and to a lesser extent the Leviathan and Citadel DLCs, were Bioware's final answer to the ending controversy.

ElitePinecone...
How long will you wait for confirmation that isn't coming? The best you're going to get is "every fan interpretation is valid", which is a ridiculous cop out anyway on the part of Bioware. They *should* just come out and say that your interpretation is wrong, but someone decided two years ago that saying literally anything about the ending was going to annoy some segment of the fanbase, and so it was better to be all warm and fuzzy and accept that even the most stupid theory ~~might be true if that's what you want as a fan~~.
(Because yes, it *is* a conspiracy theory to think that they've just stayed silent about a hidden meaning in the ending for two freaking years. Fans went and assumed things about the endings that were never meant to be interpreted that way. It is dramatically more likely that those things were due to incompetence, rather than being subtle. ME3 showed that they really, really do not understand or account for how fans are going to react to something.)
They had an ending planned, and that was the one we got - taken at face value. There was no indoctrination involved. There is no grand plan to add DLC or a new game that explains how Shepard was indoctrinated.
Most likely, they'll never mention it again.

ElitePinecone wrote...
I'm just confused by why people continue to promote IT when it's reasonably obvious that it was never what BW intended for the game.
I mean, fair enough if you want to think of it as headcanon or something (like the MEHEM people), but your first post in this thread suggests canonising IT as an option for Bioware going forward.
Wanting them to make fanfiction an actual part of the universe is a really slippery slope to start going down. It's bad enough (as I keep saying) that they didn't come out and disprove it years ago - designing the plot of ME Next to accommodate a fan theory would be way worse.

DeLoria wrote...
Wait, IT is still a thing? Oh man, some people are taking this way too seriously.

DrBlingzle wrote...
Honestly I think the worst thing bioware could do at this point is say that the IT is true. They've said a million times that is isn't and even made a DLC going against it. If they just suddenly said "yup, it's real" it would feel like a complete sell-out.
Please just let this dead horse die in peace.

Cobalt2113 wrote...
Indoctrination Theory IS a cop-out. In fact it's pretty much the biggest cop-out you could possibly have in Mass Effect. Didn't like something? Let's just pretend it was all a dream.

Psychevore wrote...
There's lots of other things wrong with IT.
Btw, even pre-EC, Hacket tells you you've won. But I suppose that's another really kind thing the Reapers do.
And then there's the dev notes about trying to incorporate indoctrination, but not knowing how so they dropped the idea altogether.
IT is just a coping mechanism to deal with something you don't like.

*********************************************************************************

shodiswe wrote...
As far as I know it's just a delusion of the IT cult. Not an actual ending.
Unless one of them managed to mak a mod for it.

shodiswe wrote...
I know that it´s a bunch of people looking for crazy symbolism to confirm a set of "prefered" convictions. If you look for a face on a sheet of paper with a lot ofrandom dots then you will find it. If you want to see things that are off to prove that something is a dream then it´s easy to find gfx glitches or reused textures that don´t mesh well and use that to convince yourself that it just a dream, or what ever you´re looking for.
As for the cult part, the way the IT people behave says it all.
To sum it up, The endings hurts so they look for easier to accept answers that hurt less. I don't feel like bringing it up in detail again. Let's just say I think it belongs in the garbage can like most religious delusions and cults and crap on this planet thats populated by a very disturbed and easily manipulated people, who actualy invites delusions because they might hurt less than reality. Sheep for the slaughter.
I really didn't like the original ending and the EC only made it slightly better but I don´t view the IT as a solution to anything.
That said, the Marauder shield comic is well made and entertaining. It's actualy good art in it self.
EDIT:
What i´m saying is I don´t like looking for obscure symbolism, sugestion or otherwise and call it truth. While wild speculations can be entertaining. As long as people don´t read too seriously into it and recognize it for what it is.

Heretic_Hanar wrote...
The indoctrination theory isn't an actual ending, it's just an interpretation from a bunch of fans who can't accept that BioWare just screwed up.
Also, IT threads are no longer allowed on the ME3 forum. You can discuss the IT in the IT group.

Eterna5 wrote...
Nope. It's a fan made theory that Bioware does not support.

Heretic_Hanar wrote...
Well, whether you like this Ed Wood stuff that BioWare came up with in ME3 or not, at least we can all agree that the IT is bogus and doesn't belong in the ME3 forum.

Seival wrote...
IT is not an option... never was, and never will be.

ZajoE38 wrote...
OP, it's just wishful thinking of the IT cultists. It's not real ending. Learn to live with it, or uninstall the game.

ZajoE38 wrote...
I studied indoctrination theory in to the LAST DETAIL my friend. I was it's one of the biggest fans. Then I've seen through it.. someting didn't add up. I do know what I am takling about. IT is nothing more than mix of selective memory, irrelevant leads, dogma, superstition, mass hysteria and backfire effect. Combine these things and people are willing to believe everything.. even the end of the world that of course was a delusion and it didn't happed :)

SU37 wrote...

Would you people get over this Indoctrination Theory garbage? Seriously.

It's old and not true.

BirdsallSa wrote...

Haven't you heard the mod's warnings? Or are you intentionally trying to defy Bioware? The Indoctrination Theory is to be discussed in groups. Or you can go join the cult's web forum if you need to discuss it so much. But, don't taint the bsn with this nonsense. The ending is perfect just the way it is and doesn't need some run of the mill twist.

Seival wrote...

Absurd. And IT related... Reported.

AdmiralCheez wrote...
OH BOY LOOK HOW EMOTIONAL THIS IS. LOOK HOW WE ARE HUMANIZING SHEPARD AND GIVING HER CHARACTER DEPTH. GEE, DON'T YOU FEEL SAD? ISN'T THIS GAME DEEP?
That's why. But still, in my headcanon, Shep's indoctrinated. I'm not an ITer because it's pretty obvious that Bioware didn't intend to make it that way.

in it for the lolz wrote...
Hey Mods, can we get a lockdown on this IT troll thread please?

Auld Wulf wrote...
So what you're saying here is, basically, one picks Destroy for one of three reasons.
1.) One is an insatiable paranoid who believes everything related to the reapers is irredeemably evil.
2.) One is a monster who loves nothing more than revelling in genocide and similar atrocities.
3.) One chooses Destroy out of spite because they hate the story/theme of the game.
Okay then. I can't say that surprises me a lot. I'd not call that 'rational' at all, though, I'd call that exceedingly emotional and irrational.

BirdsallSa wrote...
Thank you Wulf. Anyone who takes a long hard look at the game will see that Destroy is clearly not the best ending, nor was it ever intended to be.

Solaxe wrote...
You mean this ridiculous Overthinking... ops I'm sorry INDOCTRINATION Theory...? Don't make me laugh. It was made up by desperate fans.

MegumiAzusa wrote...
BirdsallSa wrote...
Looks like the whole gang is here. Too bad this thread is heading towards lockdown. Look, I've got as     much respect for a half baked fan fiction as the next guy, but why don't you guys take your little conspiracy where it belongs, to group chat or to your clubhouse, because this forum is for people who actually like the game and its themes. It's for people who appreciate the magnificent way Bioware ended the trilogy without resorting to headcanoning nonsense.
Someone should ban them already, they only always cause the threads they post in to stumble into being an IT thread and thus getting locked. They don't abide to the rules, can't imagine why they are still here. Especially as they always say how much they hate this place.

spotlessvoid wrote...
ITers need to be purged from the bsn. They're a dangerous splinter cell and should not be allowed to spout their conspiracy ramblings at the cost of bringing down the highest standards to which the BSN holds itself. Twist endings, authorial intent, foreshadowing...I mean who talks like that? Weirdos, that's who.

spotlessvoid wrote...
How many times does a community manager have to tell them no more ending content before they believe it. What, do they want an actual developer to say it? Those guys are busy and don't have time for such silly nonsense. Stargazer scene is the end of the game and that's final. Get over it. Shepard is immune to indoctrination because his willpower is unbreakable. He's just suffering from PTSD. So go away you crazies.

Official DJ Harbinger wrote...
OP be trollin'
Cue the wave of butthurt from the IT Fanatics.

Birdsallsa wrote...
A good post is usually its own reward, but hearing praise from lineholder and Turianrebel was really a shot in the arm. Things like that help push me to the limit. But this thread has made me realize that my posting ability has no limit.
When I first came to the BSN, things were in shambles. That's when I proved Thessia was a great mission. Soon after I made a name for myself by defending Kai Leng. I really cemented my legacy by legitimizing the Intelligence and demanding respect for him among the community. I showed why Kai Leng is one of the great villains of our generation, and if Harbinger was going to be abandoned, there was no better man for the job.
Now, once and for all I've disproven the IT. There's not much left for me to do in my career here on the BSN. I guess what I'm looking for now is a sense of direction on the forum.

BirdsallSa wrote...
The IT cult has no facts, it's just a bunch of conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo. So you self-entitled destroyers can keep on whining, because the tried and true Bioware fans, the synthesizers and the controllers, aren't going away just because you go crying on a couple threads.

Beliar86 wrote...
I don't understand the level of delusional you have to be to actually believe some garbage fan fiction is real. A cute little hope of rewriting the ending, but nothing more, really. And personally I think it's a good thing, as lackluster as the ending was IT would have been a worse ending. Such horrid storytelling it would be.
That said it's a harmless delusion I suppose.

iamzer0xx wrote...
IT theory again? The lengths some people go to help themselves sleep at night. This is beyond obsession. How arrogant and stubborn do you have to be to try and convince others that the ending you liked is the real ending.
Yeah I chose synthesis, got a problem with that? Bite me.

Gangnam Style wrote...
i cannot believe that people cling onto the IT

TJBartlemus wrote...
IT threads are restricted to group use remember? That includes Pro and/or Anti IT threads. So...reported.

mosesarose wrote...
Of course not, IT'ers couldn't cope with the reality of the endings so they convinced themselves the endings were actually more complex than they actually were. But the fact was and still is IT is a bunch of fan made mumbo jumbo.

Han Shot First wrote...
Indoctrination Theory died the moment the Extended Cut was released. Not everyone recognized it of course, and many people lingered on in denial, but it was well and truly dead.

Heretic_Hanar wrote...
SwobyJ wrote...
IT is almost here!!!
Ohhhhhh the sweet butthurt we'll see from the ITers when the Citadel DLC is released. It will be GLORIOUS!

arial wrote...
1) it was not a direct hit, it was actually a near miss.
2) Harbinger does not say "Serve us" it is the exact same Sound Effect ever Reaper has made, it is a stock Sound Effect from the base game.
There is a Psychological study that basically says when someone wants to believe something, they will make things up to convince themselves, that is what IT was... ahhh, Introduction to Psychology...

Heretic_Hanar wrote...
IT was already dead the day it was brought up.
Just give it up already. Why can't you accept that these b-grade writers perhaps kinda screwed up, and then move on and continue with your life? -_-;

Kataphrut94 wrote...

Object Rho is kind of discounted on account of it being optional. I mean, I never played Arrival, why should my Shepard be lumped in with the IT nutjobs?

Steelcan wrote...

obviously they aren't gonna deny it because we are all gonna find out how ME3 is actually just an alternate dimension that was brought about through time travel.

Paraphrased from the crazy section of the crazies on the IT forum

ImaginaryMatter wrote...

Shepard isn't experiencing any known signs of Indoctrination; no headaches, ringing in the ears, paranoia, hallucinations, or voices. The dreams experienced by those exposed to Object Rho are different than any of the dreams Shepard has had.

Rotward wrote...

Why does this thread still exist. The only indoctrinated people are the followers of the IT theory. Were it accurate, the extended cut would have included confirmation.

/less trollish comment time

Shepard's story is over. If indoctrination were really an issue, bioware could build a whole new game around that. Unless shepard ends up somehow incarnating as the villain in the next game, IT is just a fun what-if scenario.
Vicious wrote...

indeed, people fanfic like crazy with the EC slides. Synthesis is the best ending for the galaxy, fitting it's place as the hardest one to get. Destroy is the worst and completely pointless if you have other options. Don't try to fanfic past that, 'synthesis removes diversity' blahblah. Endings slides don't say it, it didn't happen.

There was a reference back in ME2 of how much easier it would be if all the races just had the same DNA. Spoken by a Turian, no less.

davishepard wrote...

They don't need to deny this crap theory. Anyone that still believes it after EC and Leviathan is pitiful, to say the least.
IT was undestandable before the EC, in response to the not-so-good endings, being a mean to deny everything that happened. That is not the case anymore.

shodiswe wrote...

And no, no IT please, there is a reason all IT threads got locked down, it was horrible and it's supporters were very intolerant of other views.

I just want something new.

alliance commander wrote...
IT = Bullshit

alliance commander wrote...
Guys, The ending was confirmed as real. I wish the bioware forum wasn't in such a **** storm about it. #Falsehope to people who believe in IT.

Joey TheForsaken wrote...
omg this again? Anyone who has played the entire trilogy and paid attention would know the indoctrination theory is bs! In ME1 on Ilos vigil clearly states that he did not detect the taint of indoctrination on shepard. In ME3 the prothean VI didnt detect indoctrination when talking with shepard until kai leng was present. I wish people would stop trying to ruin Mass Effect and just pay attention to the story lol smh.

Last edited by noobcannon on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:56 am; edited 2 times in total
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

IT HATERS HALL OF FAME Empty Re: IT HATERS HALL OF FAME

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:27 am

*claps*

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:42 am

we should have power rankings for these guys
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:00 am

IT haters suck. They deserve our scorn.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:21 am

These twunts don't deserve their own thread. Whatever happens going forwards, the Indoctrination Theory will be remembered, they will not.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:35 pm

BirdsallSa is in there. Let's just say that BirdsallSa is an insider joke, and not someone who actually hates IT. It's just trollolol.

Also, screw those morons.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm a member of TeamBirdSallSa.

TBSS is more than an organization or the people behind it.

TBSS is an idea. An that idea is not so easily destroyed.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:13 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:I'm a member of TeamBirdSallSa.

i miss that guy. when he stopped posting on bsn thats when i left.
i always read his posts in liam neison's voice too. haha.

Birdsallsa wrote:

IT HATERS HALL OF FAME Liam_neeson_seriously_by_imadoctor96-d70g25x

A good post is usually its own reward, but hearing praise from lineholder and Turianrebel was really a shot in the arm. Things like that help push me to the limit. But this thread has made me realize that my posting ability has no limit.
When I first came to the BSN, things were in shambles. That's when I proved Thessia was a great mission. Soon after I made a name for myself by defending Kai Leng. I really cemented my legacy by legitimizing the Intelligence and demanding respect for him among the community. I showed why Kai Leng is one of the great villains of our generation, and if Harbinger was going to be abandoned, there was no better man for the job.
Now, once and for all I've disproven the IT. There's not much left for me to do in my career here on the BSN. I guess what I'm looking for now is a sense of direction on the forum.
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:52 pm

noobcannon wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:I'm a member of TeamBirdSallSa.

i miss that guy. when he stopped posting on bsn thats when i left.
i always read his posts in liam neison's voice too. haha.

Birdsallsa wrote:

IT HATERS HALL OF FAME Liam_neeson_seriously_by_imadoctor96-d70g25x

IT HATERS HALL OF FAME Glorious-Long-hair-Nicholas-Cage-Wink

TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Hahaha.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Speaking of great TROLLololol, about an hour from glorious Meta Effect 4 panel at comic-con.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Spotlessvoid's posts were not serious. He's an ITer.
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:08 pm

symbowles wrote:Spotlessvoid's posts were not serious. He's an ITer.

I was about to say that. His sarcasm is legendary.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:30 am

Lol yeah spotlessvoid is just too good for their pea brains that his sarcasm flies over their heads as if he is on their side.

Good Example in one line

Spotlessvoid wrote:"Shepard is immune to indoctrination because his willpower is unbreakable. He's just suffering from PTSD"

lol how can they have missed that part and think he is siding with them? Thankfully the nutjobs at BSN are in the Vocal Minority®™
windsurfing
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:46 am

windsurfing wrote:Lol yeah spotlessvoid is just too good for their pea brains that his sarcasm flies over their heads as if he is on their side.

Good Example in one line

Spotlessvoid wrote:"Shepard is immune to indoctrination because his willpower is unbreakable. He's just suffering from PTSD"

lol how can they have missed that part and think he is siding with them? Thankfully the nutjobs at BSN are in the Vocal Minority®™
They didn't miss it.  Those troglodytes actually think he is suffering from PTSD.

What's really special is when you point out the many reasons it can't be PTSD, they go to my favorite fallacy of all: generalizing from self.  "I'm an idiot who doesn't know jack about psychology, so the guys who wrote this probably don't either."  You can point out that Walters, douchenozzle that he is, has a graduate degree in psychology, but hey, these fuckers already checked out anyway.  There's not enough Ritalin in the world to keep these limp pricks's attention spans on a topic that long.

Speaking of which, when I googled it I couldn't actually find any mention of said degree.  I know I've seen it mentioned before in some profile of his but I can't find it anymore.  Not that it matters, it's not like we're in a real debate where evidence is considered and counterpoints are made.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:53 am

"troglodytes" Holy Fvck I haven't heard that word since AP biology in High School. 10/10 rif.

The entire PTSD argument and perspective if full herp derp. PTSD is not like that, if you dream or have flashbacks it is of SPECIFIC events. Thus, if Shepard really did have PTSD over the child or deaths of squadmates it would be of those specific events.

Those dreams are Reaper indoctrination tainted nightmares. Nuff said.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:08 am

You can say "fuck", there's no censor.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:45 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:"troglodytes" Holy Fvck I haven't heard that word since AP biology in High School. 10/10 rif.

The entire PTSD argument and perspective if full herp derp. PTSD is not like that, if you dream or have flashbacks it is of SPECIFIC events. Thus, if Shepard really did have PTSD over the child or deaths of squadmates it would be of those specific events.

Those dreams are Reaper indoctrination tainted nightmares. Nuff said.
IT HATERS HALL OF FAME Ptsd_zps1918b8b8

This is a funny picture I found on imgur.  It's a more accurate portrayal of PTSD, by no small margin I might add, than literalists' ideas are.  I've yet to hear a single decent explanation for why the dreams are full of whispers you can't quite make out and oily shadows.  The fuckers never try to explain that.

I truly hate stupid people.  I truly, truly do.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:25 am

lol

we have those that have been with IT since day one thread, and now an hall of fame for IT haters
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by BatmanTurian Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:31 am

Hanar, though he came later, was always the worst. Megumi I could deal with. Seival was just insane. Hanar, though, was just completely unreasonable and unthinking.

It's my opinion that most of the "haters" probably failed English Lit over and over or never had enough intelligence to understand what an interpretation is. Either way, IT is still my ending and it will still be valid unless MassEffectNext disproves it completely, which I doubt. By the way, hi again. I still read stuff here.
BatmanTurian
BatmanTurian
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 pm

BatmanTurian wrote:By the way, hi again. I still read stuff here.
Batman Returns!  What a Face 
IT HATERS HALL OF FAME 2a8evs10
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Oh i found some very old profile haters in Mark 1. i shall post them in a bit.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Does anybody really care any longer?

Unless you have juicy quotes for entertainment value, I guess.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Does anybody really care any longer?

Unless you have juicy quotes for entertainment value, I guess.

I guess some people still care of it. Personally i find it interesting to see what things have come out of the post. But nevertheless i honestly don't care about the next ME game right now. it's all about that HALO collection edition!
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down