Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Information Discussion

+8
dorktainian
TurianRebel212
Master Blaster
Rifneno
DSharrah
Hanako Ikezawa
spotlessvoid
TSA_383
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Information Discussion Empty New Information Discussion

Post by TSA_383 Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Well, nice to see some of the original crowd still about, I don't feel quite so much like an old-timer joining this place Laughing

Anyway, I thought it'd be good to have a thread exclusively for discussion of new content that pops up towards the ME4 release.

Obviously we're not going to get much.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/509725958677348352

So, this caught my eye totally by chance. It is, in my opinion, not possible to produce a sequel from a literal interpretation of the third game's endings whilst including any of the original species. "New region of space" or not.

So whilst I have been quiet on the whole IT topic for over a year, I remain quietly confident. Cool

TSA_383
Drone

Back to top Go down

New Information Discussion Empty Re: New Information Discussion

Post by spotlessvoid Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Hey TSA!

Maybe the comment is a reference to the rumored next gen release of the original trilogy?
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:37 pm

spotlessvoid wrote:Hey TSA!

Maybe the comment is a reference to the rumored next gen release of the original trilogy?
I hope that is what he is referring to. Sort of like the Halo: Master Chief Collection.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:09 am

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:

I hope that is what he is referring to. Sort of like the Halo: Master Chief Collection.

If this was the case...wouldn't they just show something.  I mean what are they trying to hide - at this point I don't think anyone would be surprised if they re-released the trilogy on next gen.  If it relates to content that has already been made why not show a screenshot?  IMHO, it has to be about the new game...doesn't make sense otherwise.  And in regards to that, what happened to EA's new policy about letting the gamers in on the development process?  Somehow, I don't imagine that the vision of that includes the amount of "teases" that Gamble has been using.

Edit: TSA welcome to the forum!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:02 am

maybe they're not hiding the trilogy so much as doing that Bioware trolling routine Gamble is so enamored with, you know make 'em think one thing and do another.
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:42 am

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:

What kind of IT'er doesn't hope for a direct sequel?  I hate you so much it hurts.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 am

Yeah those salarians look damn good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:54 am

Hey TSA, ya pretty much.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:05 am

Welcome to IT forum TSA.

-Side note. Gamble is such a cunt. Carry on.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:15 am

Rifneno wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:

What kind of IT'er doesn't hope for a direct sequel?  I hate you so much it hurts.
Yes, because hoping for the games so far to be next-gen obviously means I don't hope for a sequel.  Rolling Eyes
How about you try using your brain before you try to insult me.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:54 am

But to be perfectly clear, I would prefer a sequel to a next-gen port.

Last edited by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:00 am

New Information Discussion 3.15716490106606143880.505532326838747
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:35 am

what new information? there is no new information only Bioware trolling and talking bollocks.... as usual.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:24 am

Gamble is love, Gamble is life.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Hey TSA!

Long time, man. Good to see you.

As far as ME4 goes, I guess I'm in a 'wait and see' mode. I have no expectations whatsoever. The news that it will still be a long time before release is somewhat of a downer for me.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:53 pm

What is the latest info on the timeline? I assume it is still not clear whether it is going to be a sequel, midquel or prequel.

It is a given that a sequel containing Salarians would render the literal interpretation of the endings implausible, for reasons that have been discussed here a myriad of times.
But the possibility of a mid-/prequel is still on the table.
PS: Nice to see part of the old bunch. I'll keep coming to these forums once in a while.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Holy crap, so many of the old timers are here. Anyway, fingers crossed that he's referring to the sequel. Also, TSA!!!! Hug
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:32 am

Restrider wrote:It is a given that a sequel containing Salarians would render the literal interpretation of the endings implausible, for reasons that have been discussed here a myriad of times.

Hey RR! Good to see you.

Care to refresh my memory as far as those reasons go? It's very early here, and I can't think of any TBH.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Restrider wrote:It is a given that a sequel containing Salarians would render the literal interpretation of the endings implausible, for reasons that have been discussed here a myriad of times.

Hey RR! Good to see you.

Care to refresh my memory as far as those reasons go? It's very early here, and I can't think of any TBH.

Okay, I'll try to compile a list, why healthy and unaltered Salarians in a sequel would make a literal interpretation difficult:

1. What ending has been canonized? Refuse (extinction of the current cycle) and Synthesis (everyone is green) are not possible.This leaves us only with Control and Destroy - the latter being the likely choice, but this would also alienate the fans of the other endings.

2. I think it was stated that new races and new regions in the galaxy would be explored? Having Salarians in the game already establishes a link to the existing races, thus a completely separeted storyline from the Council timeline is also out of the picture.

3. Due to #2, it is also not possible to have a prequel that takes place during a time, where the Salarians were not known yet. Of course I am speculating that we will have humans in the game.

Summarizing what I have pointed out, maybe it was a bit hyperbolic to say that there are myriads of reasons, why this would make a literal interpretation of the endings difficult. However, Synthesis/Refuse are excluded in a sequel, unless they have a half-arsed reason to make the effects of Synthesis invisible or they think green circuitry makes  "Salarians look damn good".
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Restrider wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:

Hey RR! Good to see you.

Okay, I'll try to compile a list, why healthy and unaltered Salarians in a sequel would make a literal interpretation difficult:

1. What ending has been canonized? Refuse (extinction of the current cycle) and Synthesis (everyone is green) are not possible.This leaves us only with Control and Destroy - the latter being the likely choice, but this would also alienate the fans of the other endings.

2. I think it was stated that new races and new regions in the galaxy would be explored? Having Salarians in the game already establishes a link to the existing races, thus a completely separeted storyline from the Council timeline is also out of the picture.

3. Due to #2, it is also not possible to have a prequel that takes place during a time, where the Salarians were not known yet. Of course I am speculating that we will have humans in the game.

Summarizing what I have pointed out, maybe it was a bit hyperbolic to say that there are myriads of reasons, why this would make a literal interpretation of the endings difficult. However, Synthesis/Refuse are excluded in a sequel, unless they have a half-arsed reason to make the effects of Synthesis invisible or they think green circuitry makes  "Salarians look damn good".

One thing to keep in mind is that all the conceptual in-engine footage shown so far has been free of green circuitry. That strongly suggests that either the effects of Synthesis faded or it's non-canon.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:10 pm

>Canonized synthesis

Even I have too much faith in BW to believe that to be even a possibility.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:55 pm

@RR: Yeah, I was thinking it would at least leave the possibility of (literal, ugh) control and destroy, and well, IT. But yeah.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Dwailing wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that all the conceptual in-engine footage shown so far has been free of green circuitry.  That strongly suggests that either the effects of Synthesis faded or it's non-canon.    

Or it could simply be an after effect that they can add with one click of a mouse button, and they're just not showing it because it would instantly give it away.

But yeah, like Rif, I don't think it'll happen. Unless they plan on a sequel that takes into account every ending. I don't see how though. Nah.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:42 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Dwailing wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that all the conceptual in-engine footage shown so far has been free of green circuitry.  That strongly suggests that either the effects of Synthesis faded or it's non-canon.    

Or it could simply be an after effect that they can add with one click of a mouse button, and they're just not showing it because it would instantly give it away.

But yeah, like Rif, I don't think it'll happen. Unless they plan on a sequel that takes into account every ending. I don't see how though. Nah.

I don't think they would add it as an after effect. IIRC a lot of people complained about how fucking weird the circuitry effect looked in ME3, and I'm fairly certain that it was added as an after effect (someone who's looked in the files correct me if I'm wrong). If they were to do it in ME4, I think they would put more effort into it. Of course, that's assuming they would do it at all. Which they won't. Because that would be full retard.
Dwailing
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by spotlessvoid Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:01 pm

synthesis in the next Mass Effect = boycott of all Bioware products for all eternity
spotlessvoid
spotlessvoid
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next