Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL

+33
JamesStone
shadoww6021
Arkio
FFZero
Lokanaiya
Allynna
Norlond
BleedingUranium
megan3c
FreewheelinDylan
Avin180
Hrothdane
SML93
invetro
ZerebusPrime
401 Kill
Andromidius
Byne
solidsnake78
Maximus
dorktainian
draconian139
GethJuggernautMKII
Fur28
ElSuperGecko
Raistlin Majere
DoomsdayDevice
magnetite
protognosis
Restrider
RavenEyry
Terramine
Eryri
37 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

When do you think the Hallucination starts.

So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_lcap36%So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 27 ]
So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_lcap42%So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 31 ]
So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 74

So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Empty Re: So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL

Post by BleedingUranium Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Harby's beam. I don't consider EC canon, as it's nothing more than more plot holes trying to please fans that didn't understand what was going on, and only "fixed" the unimportant things, like the squadmates and the relays exploding.

Harby's beam has a fade-to-white AND dream music at the moment you get hit, as well of being an obvious transition to the weirdness of the end section. It works best for story-telling as well.

Trying to say it's the transport crash is bending over backward trying to explain the pickup, which is an EC thing anyway.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL - Page 4 Empty Re: So, when do you think the Hallucination starts? UPDATED WITH POLL

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:20 pm

That leaves the transport crash completely unexplained, which bugged me until Byne said it could be the start. That was before EC too, the added pickup scene just cinched it for me.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Why not just add a poll to the OP for overviews sake?
- Harby Beam
- Crash
- Citadel
- Decision Chamber
[...]
- Undecided (<-me, between Harby Beam and Crash)
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:52 pm

RavenEyry wrote:That leaves the transport crash completely unexplained, which bugged me until Byne said it could be the start. That was before EC too, the added pickup scene just cinched it for me.

Yeah, the pickup scene...

Ah yes, character traits and motivations Ah, yes...

Sigh Synthesis!
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Norlond wrote:Why not just add a poll to the OP for overviews sake?
- Harby Beam
- Crash
- Citadel
- Decision Chamber
[...]
- Undecided (<-me, between Harby Beam and Crash)

Good Idea actually. I'll add one as soon as I work out how to make polls.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Scroll down in the new topic page. Hopefully the edit page works too.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:21 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Scroll down in the new topic page. Hopefully the edit page works too.

Thanks for the tip. The poll is now up.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:43 pm

It's missing the shuttle crash at the beginning of Earth. That ones not talked about much but it makes cronus real and all of earth fake.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:44 pm

RavenEyry wrote:It's missing the shuttle crash at the beginning of Earth. That ones not talked about much but it makes cronus real and all of earth fake.

I hadn't thought about that one. That's also quite likely, thinking about it. Damn I don't think I can edit the poll now. Oh, well people can choose "other" and specify the Shuttle Crash in the comments.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:22 pm

I think that its Harby's beam or the magic elevator. But since I can chose only one - Harbinger's beam.

Edit: actually the magic elevator is not a very smart theory, because later Shepard wakes up in London and there is a mako near by... so, yeah.
Allynna
Allynna
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:37 pm

BleedingUranium wrote:Harby's beam. I don't consider EC canon, as it's nothing more than more plot holes trying to please fans that didn't understand what was going on, and only "fixed" the unimportant things, like the squadmates and the relays exploding.

Harby's beam has a fade-to-white AND dream music at the moment you get hit, as well of being an obvious transition to the weirdness of the end section. It works best for story-telling as well.

Trying to say it's the transport crash is bending over backward trying to explain the pickup, which is an EC thing anyway.

The EC actually does not explain the squadmates being on the Normandy at the end.
It only explains the presence of the two squadmates you had during the run to the beam. And this only by introducing even more plot holes and inconsistencies (instant arrival of the Normandy, squadmates and Shepard acting out-of-character, Harbinger politely waiting,...).

However, all the other squadmates that were not at your side during the beam run are also on the Normandy. They should be somewhere in London fighting the Reapers with their teams/spec ops.
And I think even a literalist cannot seriously think that Joker just happened to pick up everyone - who are realistically scattered over the whole battlefield.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 am

Beam not killing Shepard, thats one of the main reason i believe IT is true

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokanaiya Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:05 am

Mako crash, definitely. It explains so much, from the whole Normandy pick-up scene to the white halo when Harby's beam hits Shepard (that screen only appears in transitions IN and OUT OF dreams)
Lokanaiya
Lokanaiya
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by FFZero Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 am

I think it starts either at the mako crash or after Harby’s beam, though I’m leaning more towards the mako crash. The crash is so out of the blue and random that to me it comes across as an attempt at misdirection, something meant to distract us from what is really going. Plus as we saw earlier in the game in the boss fight with the destroyer on Rannoch, a direct or near direct hit from a Reaper death laser ends in, surprise surprise, death. Not just melted armor and cuts and bruises, total 100% incineration.
FFZero
FFZero
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:43 am

Restrider wrote:
BleedingUranium wrote:Harby's beam. I don't consider EC canon, as it's nothing more than more plot holes trying to please fans that didn't understand what was going on, and only "fixed" the unimportant things, like the squadmates and the relays exploding.

The EC actually does not explain the squadmates being on the Normandy at the end.
It only explains the presence of the two squadmates you had during the run to the beam. And this only by introducing even more plot holes and inconsistencies (instant arrival of the Normandy, squadmates and Shepard acting out-of-character, Harbinger politely waiting,...).

However, all the other squadmates that were not at your side during the beam run are also on the Normandy. They should be somewhere in London fighting the Reapers with their teams/spec ops.
And I think even a literalist cannot seriously think that Joker just happened to pick up everyone - who are realistically scattered over the whole battlefield.

That's why I put "fixed" in quotes.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:59 am

I really don't know, to be honest.

I'm inclined to think Harbinger's laser because that makes the most sense to me.

I don't really feel like it starts at the mako crash. I mean, it could, but... The thing is, the only reason I would believe this is because it would explain away the Normandy pick-up.

But that would be more because i want to believe that it isn't happening, not because I actually think it isn't happening. But it could be either, really.

Reminds me of way back when I believed indoctrination, but I also believed Shepard was actually on the Citadel, for the simple reason that I didn't -want- to believe that the Reapers hadn't been defeated, and that the game had no real ending.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:00 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I really don't know, to be honest.

I'm inclined to think Harbinger's laser because that makes the most sense to me.

I don't really feel like it starts at the mako crash. I mean, it could, but... The thing is, the only reason I would believe this is because it would explain away the Normandy pick-up.

But that would be more because i want to believe that it isn't happening, not because I actually think it isn't happening. But it could be either, really.

Reminds me of way back when I believed indoctrination, but I also believed Shepard was actually on the Citadel, for the simple reason that I didn't -want- to believe that the Reapers hadn't been defeated, and that the game had no real ending.

I think think is probably the reason for most now thinking it's the crash. I think what we need to do is acknowledge that the EC isn't meant to be canon, as it's clearly nothing but a way to silence the loud complaints, as it addressed the unimportant issues, but no main ones. And given that it doesn't affect IT either way, it's not self-serving to call it non-canon. Remember that it has a time limit for download after all. A long one, but it's there and that's odd. It's nothing but a means to buy Bioware time.

I think I've put the nail in the coffin on that idea that the dream starts at the crash though, or as much as we can do that with IT stuff. We all know that the end of the game is made out of two missions: "Priority: Earth" and "Citadel: The Return". What we didn't know, and Banshee just found this out, is that the transition between missions is not between when Shepard enters the beam and when he comes out in the dead body tunnel as one would expect it to be. The transition between missions is getting lased by Harbinger, that's where "Priority: Earth" ends and "Citadel: The Return" begins. "Citadel: The Return" is all a dream and is all of the dream.

There's also an autosave created the moment you make your choice/the cutscene starts. You can't reload it without modding and you can't fail or do anything at all from that point on. There is literally no reason whatsoever for this save if no content will ever come after it.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:33 am

The 2D Ashley piles are there after the crash but before Harby. That's another reason I lean towards crash.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:34 am

BleedingUranium wrote:We all know that the end of the game is made out of two missions: "Priority: Earth" and "Citadel: The Return". What we didn't know, and Banshee just found this out, is that the transition between missions is not between when Shepard enters the beam and when he comes out in the dead body tunnel as one would expect it to be. The transition between missions is getting lased by Harbinger, that's where "Priority: Earth" ends and "Citadel: The Return" begins.
You didn't know that? I thought the map changing made it obvious.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by draconian139 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:38 am

Well the main reason for the Mako crash is that Harbinger's beam shouldn't hurt you badly or knock you unconscious. It should turn you to ash.
draconian139
draconian139
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:38 am

RavenEyry wrote:
BleedingUranium wrote:We all know that the end of the game is made out of two missions: "Priority: Earth" and "Citadel: The Return". What we didn't know, and Banshee just found this out, is that the transition between missions is not between when Shepard enters the beam and when he comes out in the dead body tunnel as one would expect it to be. The transition between missions is getting lased by Harbinger, that's where "Priority: Earth" ends and "Citadel: The Return" begins.
You didn't know that? I thought the map changing made it obvious.

I knew it was different, but not that that's where the mission switches.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by draconian139 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:40 am

Reposting from main thread.

draconian139 wrote:I knew the part about when the mission name changed but thought it just had something to do with implementing Shepard's damaged state. Didn't know about the save file though, that's fairly convincing.

Edit:made a thread about this on BSN, someone responded.

"Because if for some reason your game crashes, you don't have to walk painfully slowly all the way to the rgb choices again. happened to me once. My game crashed when Garrus was telling Joker to go. I dreaded with the possibility of having to walk slowly to the tube all over again. Fortunately when i reloaded, the game started from when Shepard starts shooting the tube. After the EC, the ending is even longer. If for some reason the game crashes in the middle of all those cutscenes, it's lame to be dumped back to before you made a choice IMO"

Makes a lot of sense assuming he's telling the truth and I don't see much reason to doubt him.

Last edited by draconian139 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
draconian139
draconian139
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:41 am

draconian139 wrote:Well the main reason for the Mako crash is that Harbinger's beam shouldn't hurt you badly or knock you unconscious. It should turn you to ash.

Unless he has a lower powered beam. He has three lasers that are where his leg should be, and it's interesting to note that the only time he ever uses his middle laser is on Shepard, he uses his left and right ones for everything else.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 am

Isn't the middle laser for popping dreadnaughts?
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by draconian139 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:43 am

RavenEyry wrote:Isn't the middle laser for popping dreadnaughts?

That's what I thought.
draconian139
draconian139
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next