(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Dwailing on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:25 pm

dorktainian wrote:not counting....  just saying that EA likes money - so I would imagine they'll be pushing like hell for a release.  have they got any other 'flagship' titles due for a release in 2015?

and.... it has been like 3 years.

unless they fooked up in development and went back to square one.... which is possible (so long casey.... shut the door on your way out)

Well, Battlefield Hardline is coming out this year (after several delays). Um, they're probably going to continue releasing new content for The Sims 4. SW:TOR will still be getting support. The new Star Wars Battlefront will apparently be coming out to coincide with Episode VII. Shadow Realms is going to come out AFAIK. They'll be releasing (of course), new sports titles, but those are meaningless.

I don't know what else. Mirror's Edge 2 isn't coming out until 2016, Dragon Age had its big release already, Titanfall is sitting on the back burner while they figure out what to do with it, Command and Conquer is kill until further notice, Medal of Honor is kind of dead after Warfighter, Need for Speed isn't exactly a big series anymore (and it just had a new entry), Dead Space is also kill until further notice, Crysis was wrapped up with 3, Ryse doesn't exactly strike me as becoming a huge franchise, and Plants vs. Zombies is... well, Plants vs. Zombies.

So, they do have games coming out in 2015. Even a couple from their big franchises. That said, they don't have as many as I'd expect for EA (greedy SOBs that they are). I'm remaining cautiously optimistic for ME4 news, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they do an updated rerelease this year and the new game next year. If they're serious about giving it a fresh start with a totally new "feel" then the amount of time they're taking really isn't surprising. I know Mass Effect 1 was announced in 2005, but I'm guessing it was worked on at least six months to a year beforehand.

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:36 am

any news would be ok i suppose. I forgot about battlefront as well.. That should do well assuming it's not bugged to hell (wait it's EA..... is that possible?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:41 am

dorktainian wrote:don't hold your breath for info on ME4 guys.  I suspect we'll hear about a remaster (PS4 + XB1) well before we hear owt about ME4.

I think this is highly possible. It also explains why it takes them so long for ME4. Maybe the remastered edition of the whole lot is taking a chunk of the time?
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:41 am

I'd say if a remaster takes that much time then it's a waste of time.

It shouldn't seriously hinder the release of original content.

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:07 pm

I didn't realise Mac Walters was no longer head writer, but has moved on to become creative director...... I now shudder at what ME4 might become.

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:46 pm

I also just recently heard about that.

On the upside, this seems like he sort of took over from Casey Hudson. So if there's something precious that needs to be carried over from the first three games... somebody with first-hand inside knowledge is still at the helm of things, if you know what I mean.

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 am

Well shit.
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/65749/20150103/mass-effect-4-release-date.htm

This could be problematic.

Unless its BS, not much evidence/support in the article and no one else has reported this.

"If it's hostile, you kill it."- Hunter, motto of the Rangers
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:09 am

BRAVO543211 wrote:Well shit.
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/65749/20150103/mass-effect-4-release-date.htm

Unless its BS, not much evidence/support in the article and no one else has reported this.

I feel bad for even clicking on that site.

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:21 am

did my eyes deceive me or did I read a gameplay demo being ready this month? err..

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:54 am

Mass effect 4 or whatever they'll call it will be targeted to be out before mid 2016, Q1 2016 is the most optimistic timeline, if they can't meet that then a Q4 release on N7 day isn't that far fetched. You can see a huge marketing milking potential with an N7 day release, times it well for GOTY sweeps stealing the thunder from all rival recent and future AAA launches at the time with all their favorite top journalists in their under-the-table pay roll anyway.

Remember the secret PAX event where Bioderp asked "What does N7 mean to you?" I see that question as more of a marketing angled question rather than a fan's love of the lore perspective.

Don't buy into the fact they only showed us concept art, they are doing their usual PR nonsense to keep the next game in people's minds, and ah yes, not to stop the wild speculations on the internet. The game went into asset creation phase early last year. The contrived secrecy is more of a PR ploy to hype the next game and more importantly try as much to wash away the stench of the ME3 endings. They keep barking no more Shepard no more Sheparddon't call it ME4 it makes us rage blah blah. Well then why not just show us the face of the new protagonist and be done with it? What's in a face eh? We obviously cant glean anything by just a facial appearance of the new hero yeah?

We all know what happened with the no more soldier in the universe, and now we get N7 soldier again. Complete reversal of what Casey claimed but now Casey is gone.

The game is definitely past concept and plot details, the new lead writer  Chris Schlerf was working on the new game for about a year before they made his position public. It takes about anywhere from 3 to 5 months to draft an initial story pitch, this is without major dialogues and all that. It just fleshes out locales and what events happen, what the level objectives are or game mode or whatever. Set pieces and big cut scenes are planned ahead of time at this point, this gives level designers and artists the details they need to know before the start work. All part of pre-production. This is also the point they come up with concepts for the writer's vision, they will revise all this on the fly based on what the main guys think if it's good for the game. We saw some of those concepts but they are well past that phase, they went into asset creation. This means the game is being designed level by level at this time that much is certain, they implied as much after the release of DA:I  that it's full steam ahead for the next ME game. They are not about to show us the levels instead they want us to speculate on old probably even outdated concept art to give a feel that "the fanbase is involved in the process of game development". They are doing this to show they do 'care' about the fan, especially after the ME3 debacle. This is just a carrot thrown to the fanbase to give the false sense of involvement. Damage control nothing more, they've been in this mode for a while now. Fanbase is not and never has been truly involved in the development of their games. every bit of work has to be signed off before the next step, the lead writer treats the designers and artists as his/her customer, and vice versa. Nobody is there to sign off on the litany of fanbase demands of all kinds. Mike gamble says his role is to gauge and analyze fan feedback, true but not to listen to fan demands but more like see what the fans are expecting and go another direction if possible, if they wish to do it pre-productionis that phase.

dorktainian wrote:I didn't realise Mac Walters was no longer head writer, but has moved on to become creative director......  I now shudder at what ME4 might become.

Yeah I had pointed this out a while ago.

BRAVO543211 wrote:Well shit.

This horse poop of a site needs a shut down with all its authors and editor in chiefs shot without an ounce of water for two days prior. They just put clickbait headlines with nothing new in the content. Most of it rehashed bullshit that isn't even reported by anyone else, it's just a K-pop Korean garbage spewing site looking for attention. Let's not even give them link juice that Google spider bots look for. I always report that site to Google as spam.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:24 am

Honestly, I feel like either they're going to suddenly surprise us with a reveal. Like "aha didn't take as long as you thought, we had shit planned and figured out already" oooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrr.... they're purposely stalling to make people forget about the ending.

But I dunno, is it just me... or wouldn't it be a BAD move to sit there and make things drawn out. When you already got bad rep? Just imagine all the people thinking bioware is nothing but a joke because they're circle jerking themselves over "how far they've come" with not a single peep of the content?

It just seems to me, the only good scenario here even for their sales is to "BAM, INDOCTRINATION". Something surprising, that changes EVERYTHING. Which I'd just like to note, that, that's the only conceivable change that literally changes everything.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:05 am

I dunno if drawing things out will help at all to be honest, with EA continuing their almost suicidal money grabbing shit this year. Next Year? Moar cash grabs?

although DAI was a good game to be fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:41 pm

This has been on my mind for a little bit, do you guys think Mass Effect as an IP has the popularity and staying power to be around for another 10 years making new games, books, comics and such?
I love Mass Effect just a much as a Star Wars nerd loves SW and I want it to be around for a long time.

Or we can get coffee, its whatever.
I want to smear you in green paint and spank you like a disobedient avocado.
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:49 pm

OneWithTheAssassins wrote:This has been on my mind for a little bit, do you guys think Mass Effect as an IP has the popularity and staying power to be around for another 10 years making new games, books, comics and such?
I love Mass Effect just a much as a Star Wars nerd loves SW and I want it to be around for a long time.

It is a matter up in the air now more than ever, but potentially? Sure, I can see it lasting into the 2020s and even, sort of, the 2030s. But for this, it'll certainly have to move past the Shep+Reaper+Milky Way deal, even if never forgetting it.

It lasted 4-5 years, it can last at least another 4-5 if it doesn't implode, and another 10+ if it catches on.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneWithTheAssassins on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:20 am

Just found a great article that lists 10 reasons why Mass Effect is better then Star Wars (shockingly enough)
http://whatculture.com/gaming/10-things-mass-effect-better-star-wars.php

Or we can get coffee, its whatever.
I want to smear you in green paint and spank you like a disobedient avocado.
OneWithTheAssassins
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:15 am

I suspect we haven't really touched on the mass effect universe yet. lots of potential.

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:00 am

Really comes down to the lead writers in how and in what direction they take it.

On that account let me ask you people, any of you played the Halo series? How was Halo 4? I heard from many people it was utter trash for its story. That should be concerning since the exact same guy is in charge of ME4
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:47 am

although it is a bit off topic i'd like to see the mass effect universe go down the lines of something like the cthulhu mythos. The Leviathan being monsters, but not the only monsters in the universe. The universe is a very dangerous place....

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Unless they bring back Shepard, I think the series will just divulge into mediocrity. And they really need to look at ME1 and ME2 and ask themselves- "Why do many consider ME1 and ME2 among the greatest games of last gen, and why do many not consider ME3 to be of the same caliber".

But if DA3 is any indication of the future of BioWare games.....

Gonna be an uphill battle.

Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:40 pm

TurianRebel212 wrote:Unless they bring back Shepard, I think the series will just divulge into mediocrity.

This.

All this bullshit like "Well, the ME universe is so fantastic and great, they could do anything they wanted!".

NOT. Thing is, there's this big elephant in the middle of the universe that everyone keeps ignoring. It's called Shepard in the rubble. And then there's also the small, trivial matter of nobody knowing what the fuck actually happened in those endings.

I'm just bracing for a major disappointment.

Yeah, we might get something after all, but it's better not to count on it.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:56 pm

i've been saying for a while that was shepard in the ME4 promo guff bioware showed (in the N7 suit obscured visor shot) and i have not changed my mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:05 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
TurianRebel212 wrote:Unless they bring back Shepard, I think the series will just divulge into mediocrity.

This.

All this bullshit like "Well, the ME universe is so fantastic and great, they could do anything they wanted!".

NOT. Thing is, there's this big elephant in the middle of the universe that everyone keeps ignoring. It's called Shepard in the rubble. And then there's also the small, trivial matter of nobody knowing what the fuck actually happened in those endings.

I'm just bracing for a major disappointment.

Yeah, we might get something after all, but it's better not to count on it.

Exactly. And I know MEU is expansive and has great characters and interesting stories to be told, but.... The games, they belong to Shepard. Pure and simple.

I associate Mass Effect with THE Commander Shepard.

I don't associate Mass Effect with space travel, or action RPG, or anything like that.

When you say too me, Mass Effect I immediately think of Commander Shepard.

And.... Maybe Garrus.

Garrus is awesome.

Just sayin'.

Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:05 pm

dorktainian wrote:although it is a bit off topic i'd like to see the mass effect universe go down the lines of something like the cthulhu mythos.  The Leviathan being monsters, but not the only monsters in the universe.  The universe is a very dangerous place....

I like the idea of that being the sort of ultimate fate of most organic evolution (with rare exception/s that the series may illustrate), survival of 'fittest'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:21 am

TurianRebel212 wrote:Unless they bring back Shepard, I think the series will just divulge into mediocrity. And they really need to look at ME1 and ME2 and ask themselves- "Why do many consider ME1 and ME2 among the greatest games of last gen, and why do many not consider ME3 to be of the same caliber".

But if DA3 is any indication of the future of BioWare games.....

Gonna be an uphill battle.
I disagree. While they definitely need to finish Shepard's story, after that is done there is nothing to stop the Mass Effect franchise from continuing with other characters. The MEU is and in-depth and vast universe and can support several stories. Before Mass Effect 1, what was Shepard to us? Just some soldier we'd be playing as. There is nothing to suggest that the same thing can't happen again once Shepard's story is concluded.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:06 am

While Shepard's story needs a proper finishing and the reaper threat is most definitely not over unless ME3's crap is taken literally, which would be just pathetic, there is probably another 10 years left in Mark Meer and Hale to voice Shepard without the losing the required quality of their voices. Beyond 15 years from now their age will certainly start to show through their VO performances. Can't image the point of an 45-50+ Shepard trying to go around the galaxy trying to be tough and stopping wars. Wouldn't make sense to have an N7 way past 40s trying to be an elite soldier. At the start of ME3 Anderson makes a reference to Shepard's belly about being a little soft around the edges. Shepard is 32 by the timeline of ME3's events. Maybe a good 8-9 years left in him if he survives the reaper battle but not beyond that.

It's could be like Star Trek, after Kirk's legendary status is established Jean Luc Picard comes on the scene to take up the Mantle, then we have almost in parallel the events with Sisko and Janeway.

MEU can develop along this style of progression with new heroes to focus on and develop separate complete sagas.

For me Star Trek always reminds me of Cpt James T Kirk, like wise ME will always remind me of Shepard no matter who comes next and how great they turn out to be.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top