Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+37
ginner dave
Dr JaMiN
noobcannon
vlad78
MaximizedAction
southbeatz
Master Blaster
ElSuperGecko
ViolentSound
Steelcan
WeAreHarbinger
Byne
Sphenacodon
invetro
dmvoe_
epyonx3
Criddle
ZerebusPrime
Rankincountry
jojon2se
Eryri
Rifneno
paxxton
Terramine
Dwailing
Hanako Ikezawa
windsurfing
Raistlin Majere
TurianRebel212
OneWithTheAssassins
BRAVO543211
smash016
dorktainian
Jusseb
DoomsdayDevice
Ithurael
CoolioThane
41 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 36 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Rifneno wrote:

Well at least maybe that "First Contact War" rumor can die in a fire now.

Now for the Andromeda one to join it...
I eagerly await that day.

The reactions from the Ark Theory supporters will be *in Cailan's voice* glorious.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 36 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:50 pm

An ark is sent out to Andromeda.

Survivors from the Reaper War.

Entering a portal into the unknown.

And they stay there forever and are never spoken of again.

MASS EFFECT: ARK THEORY.

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:02 am

SwobyJ wrote:An ark is sent out to Andromeda.

Survivors from the Reaper War.

Entering a portal into the unknown.

And they stay there forever and are never spoken of again.

MASS EFFECT: ARK THEORY.

or..

An expedition is sent to Andromeda via space magic.

Look for a weapon to use against the reapers.

Are betrayed by indoctrinated forces within the milky way.

Return to the milky way to face the combined forces of all (by now) indoctrinated races led by reaperised commander shepard.

We're all saved as Jesus returns and cleanses us of all our sins.

ASS EFFECT. ARSE THEORY.

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:Well, one of the senior developers on the team confirmed it's not a prequel.

user
They need to announce another mass effect asap

Chris Wynn ‏@The1Wynn
@user we already have, the next Mass Effect is currently under development.

user
@The1Wynn prequel or sequel?

Chris Wynn ‏@The1Wynn
@user not a prequel, not necessarily a sequel either.

Seriously now, I've heard this stuff before from BW, a few months back. This ambiguity regarding the sequel concept. "Not necessarily"...

Either this means they're cutting all ties with the first three games, as in Ark Theory, such that chronology and continuity no longer apply, and they know it sucks so they're reluctant to speak freely about it.

Or it means that the state of the narrative in which we last saw it precludes carrying on in any traditional storytelling sense, or directly where we left off. Because it happened in a kind of vacuum. Which would support IT and everything that sprang from it behind the Scary Door.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:57 pm

they could be following the narrative style of say Tolkien, where the story follows characters to a certain point, then abruptly throws you right back to a previous moment in the story, following the narrative of different characters.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Sure, they could, but I wouldn't say that fits the description "not a prequel, but sequel-ish" (free interpretation).
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:40 pm

lol TrollWare says it's not a prequel...... But it's also not a sequel.

Bioware logik at its finnest. Some dude tweeted that the combat is really good and tough so.... I guess there's that.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:30 am

Not a prequel or sequel is fine. It ups the odds of revisiting the ending of ME3.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:32 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Not a prequel or sequel is fine.  It ups the odds of revisiting the ending of ME3.

This.

Edit: Except of course that they're lying liars covered in liar sauce with liar filling so I don't necessarily believe them.  This guy wasn't around for ME3 to my knowledge, so I don't necessarily disbelieve him either.  It'd be wrong to hold him responsible for his colleagues' douchery but it may just be company policy so, ya'know, kind of logical loop here.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:09 pm

mass effect: hardline
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:30 am

Huh always thought one of the weirdest things still to this day for ME3 was when Hackett just knew Shepard was there. Especially that report given. Who saw Shepard, Why not send help? Why wasn't Joker trying to reach Shepard? Why didn't they drop off your squadmates. How the hell did the other squadmates get on?! they explain about the two that went with you but no freaking way did they just magically just leave Earth. They were leading squads of their own and why didn't they pick up Shepard's other Squadmates? All of this and more still raises the largest questions that one can't ignore.

The only other way one can view it is bad writing but with the theories and evidence we found and pointed out. All of this makes sense to us but to the other majority it falls flat.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:33 am

What I find funny is how IT still hasn't been directly refuted nor confirmed still to this date and it won't be up until the next game is released. It's a real pain in the ass because I really honestly would've preferred to have it dismissed ages ago than wait a trillion years for it to be confirmed. I seriously would've preferred this series just be dead to me, than be tortured by it.
Terramine
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:44 am

Rifneno wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:Not a prequel or sequel is fine.  It ups the odds of revisiting the ending of ME3.

This.

Edit: Except of course that they're lying liars covered in liar sauce with liar filling so I don't necessarily believe them.  This guy wasn't around for ME3 to my knowledge, so I don't necessarily disbelieve him either.  It'd be wrong to hold him responsible for his colleagues' douchery but it may just be company policy so, ya'know, kind of logical loop here.

ah. remember the day when ITer's were forced from BSN due to Mods like Priestly the Hutt and such launching scathing attacks on us for even mentioning IT or infering to IT in any way shape or form? This must have come down from on high, so as far as i'm concerned they can all go fuck emselves. Will we get an IT confirm? probably not.....yet. Bioware ain't gonna give us any credit for figuring it out. So many plotholes that can all be answered by IT....
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:05 pm

dorktainian wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

This.

ah.  remember the day when ITer's were forced from BSN due to Mods like Priestly the Hutt and such launching scathing attacks on us for even mentioning IT or infering to IT in any way shape or form?  This must have come down from on high, so as far as i'm concerned they can all go fuck emselves.  Will we get an IT confirm?  probably not.....yet.   Bioware ain't gonna give us any credit for figuring it out.  So many plotholes that can all be answered by IT....  
Christ, people really still think it was some grand conspiracy from "high up" and not just Priestly being a fat lazy sack of shit?
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:22 am

bit of both actually
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:27 am

Never 5get.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:28 am

There's no PR reason to forbid discussion of IT in the main forum. It can't have come from up above. Likewise, there's plenty of reason to try to stick us all in a discussion group outside of the main forum from the perspective of a forum moderator trying to cut down on the total number of flame wars and who doesn't necessarily care about PR. The move had to have been Priestly's because he was the only one who could gain from it.

In any case, that's the past. Mention it now on the BSN and there will be no reflexive ban hammer.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:35 pm

you forget it wasn't only jabba that was dishing out shit, there were a fair few so called moderators that had it in for anyone who even questioned the ending. and their 'artistic integrity' bollox....... who can remember the BSN meltdown.... that was epic.

I do find it comforting tho, that after all this time there are peeps on BSN that will openly discuss IT, THEY MAY NOT AGREE WITH IT, but it's a lot better on there now than when a few certain posters made it their mission to diss IT and anyone who dare mention it.
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:06 pm

noobcannon wrote:mass effect: hardline

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 36 Iiqn4tblgjciream2iho

I can't wait!
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:22 pm

dorktainian wrote:you forget it wasn't only jabba that was dishing out shit, there were a fair few so called moderators that had it in for anyone who even questioned the ending.  and their 'artistic integrity' bollox.......  who can remember the BSN meltdown....  that was epic.

I do find it comforting tho, that after all this time there are peeps on BSN that will openly discuss IT, THEY MAY NOT AGREE WITH IT, but it's a lot better on there now than when a few certain posters made it their mission to diss IT and anyone who dare mention it.

Yes, but those were volunteer moderators, not BW writers.  They're wormy little queefs that just get a trip out of having power on internet forums because they're powerless, useless little limp pricks in real life.  They'd have savagely gone after anyone for any reason they could.  It had nothing to do with orders from high up (unless you mean high up Priestly's belly), it had to do with daddy touching their no-no places.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:07 pm

That looked so much like Shepard. Even the mannerisms and movement was like Shepard from ME3.
TurianRebel212
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Blink and you miss it Krogan at 1:27 - third person in the squad.

Other than that, I have to keep telling myself that this trailer doesn't actually tell me jack squat beyond....

Ark Theory.

And poor musical choices.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Not touching it.

EDIT: Not touching it with a pre-order or launch-day purchase, unless something majorly different pops up to give us some direction.

I will, however not the odd-choice for the music. The main notation being that 'SHEPARD'S DEAD' and the choice was 'Ghost Rider's in the Sky'. So, I'm still leaning towards Shepard being in game.

Last edited by CSSteele on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:48 pm

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:56 pm

first

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 36 Giphy

then

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 36 5678e3fcff7f6632755a64136cd4c09e

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next