(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Dr JaMiN on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Wow, it's been a while since I posted on here. Since that time, due to a wacky twist of events I ended up losing faith in my religion entirely, yet still have enough faith/evidence left to defend IT in discussion with my friends (who happen to still be religious). I'm at the mindset now where even if IT isn't featured in ME4 for some insane reason, it's still logically correct because it simply fucking is. If it weren't for Fallout 4 and Halo 5 being on the horizon, I'd be much more pissed at having to wait another 16 months for Andromeda. It sure would be nice if they could throw us a bone, at the very least with some gameplay. Anyway, I noticed some of you mention Ark theory. Could someone give me a brief recap of what this entails?
Dr JaMiN
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:00 pm

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Well that was a whole lot of meh, wasn't it?

I did come across this line in Gamespot's write up though. Heaping pinch of salt as always...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromeda-revealed-at-e3-2015/1100-6428135/
"Players will be able to assume the role of a human male or female, but this is not the character seen during the trailer."

So... Shepard could be there as a mentor / Anderson role, I suppose? <Shrug>
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm

I'll play it, but much like DA:I, I won't feel that invested in it. ME: Andromeda is pretty much a new IP (or one of those goddamn reboots) as far as I'm concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:43 pm

From Aaron Flynn via Eurogamer

'While we aren't ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that's actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You'll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.'

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-mass-effect-andromeda-announced

Hmm, so we're definitely not that conspicuously masked N7 then...
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:45 pm

N7 helmet on = speculations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:03 pm

invetro wrote:N7 helmet on = speculations.

Yup. Here we go again...

Ugh, I promised myself I wouldn't do this but I can't help myself. I noticed that we didn't actually see who or what that n7 was fighting. Or their ship, for that matter. Is it at all possible that the n7 is actually "the bad guy"?
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by clennon8 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Well, whaddya know. Bullshit rumor isn't so bullshit after all. Told ya so.

Look, I'm an IT guy, but to me it's an alternate ending that happens to be better than the "real" ending, if there can be any such thing when talking about a work of fiction.

I'm looking forward to this new game, though of course it's possible it'll suck. DA:I looked pretty great until I played it and it turned out be a giant snooze. I've gotta say that's a pretty fucking great teaser trailer, though.
clennon8
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by jojon2se on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:43 pm

CSSteele wrote:...
I will, however not the odd-choice for the music. The main notation being that 'SHEPARD'S DEAD' and the choice was 'Ghost Rider's in the Sky'. So, I'm still leaning towards Shepard being in game.

Somewhat disturbing implications, if you "like", given that as far as I recall the gist of the lyrics, the eponymous ghost riders, the spirits of sinner cowboys, were doomed to forever herd Satan's cattle across the skies. :P

"I fell intoooo... a green shaft of fire... down, down dooown..." :PP

jojon2se
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:03 am

One last observation. Did anyone else find the weird electronic growls around 1:20 of the trailer a bit... Reaperesque? They're probably just generic sci fi sound effects but they seem a bit out of place at that point of the scene.

Ok, that's enough bullshit speculation from me. Bedtime.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:47 am

Yes, they had Reaper sounds in the trailer.

And I am glad that this Cowboy Shepard isn't the main character.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by TurianRebel212 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:52 am

In my perfect world Garrus is the main character and he's in charge of an elite unit of N7 operators and they're looking for..... An anomaly.

They're looking for Shepard.

That would be the greatest game ever made. EVAR!

Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:47 am

N7 as a bad guy?  Reaperized Shepard equipped with TitanFall!JumpPack backed by an EDI!bot and a mutated Krogan?  The people they're fighting are actually human colonist!refugees?

I see no basis for that speculation.

EDIT: You know, aside from it being a ghost rider riding after the Reapers' runaway cattle.  But no Shepard would wear a handkerchief like that.

EDIT: Or how this N7 character flips through various planet feeds looking for one that can sustain human life (the one with the floating rocks has too much toxic eezo), finds a suitable planet, and then immediately pulls a gun and goes to check it out.

Last edited by ZerebusPrime on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:33 am; edited 4 times in total
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ginner dave on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:55 am

I normally just lurk (even now) but I need someplace to vent, both for the stupidity of the new games setting and for even venturing onto BSN expecting anything other than the usual pseudo intellectual, Wikipedia list of fallacies citing horse shit that frequents there.

Unless there really is a secret 'Shepard reveal' down the line, indicated by their 'this is not your character bs', this is a kick in the cock.

Not only does Andromeda rape the lore, it negates the original trilogy.

With the exception of some seriously unwanted ass pulls, there is no way to even reach Andromeda without either breaking the lore in half or addressing the endings. From all the tech we've seen, it cannot be that far removed from the original trilogy (unless tech stagnation), which means the utilization of Reaper tech, which further means destroy ending.

And since there is what looks like Milky Way (original trilogy) style skyscrapers erupting from the ground, it's all suspect. FUCK
ginner dave
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:25 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:N7 as a bad guy?  Reaperized Shepard equipped with TitanFall!JumpPack backed by an EDI!bot and a mutated Krogan?  The people they're fighting are actually human colonist!refugees?

I see no basis for that speculation.

EDIT: You know, aside from it being a ghost rider riding after the Reapers' runaway cattle.  But no Shepard would wear a handkerchief like that.

EDIT: Or how this N7 character flips through various planet feeds looking for one that can sustain human life (the one with the floating rocks has too much toxic eezo), finds a suitable planet, and then immediately pulls a gun and goes to check it out.

Exactly. The guy looks more like a conqueror than an explorer. Not exactly heroic.

Oh God. I think I might actually be getting excited for this. Damn you Bioware, why can't I quit you?! Angry Fistwave
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:47 am

He did strut like kind of an asshole.

But even Shepard in all the other trailers of this sort had a dark ominous or unfeeling look that could be considered just as bad, but not truly so unless you Scary Door things.

But he did strut like kind of an asshole...  scratch

Still weirded out by Bioware saying that we DON'T play as this guy. Even while the trailer shows the vehicle, ship, N7, apparently companions, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:03 am

CSSteele wrote:Not touching it.

EDIT: Not touching it with a pre-order or launch-day purchase, unless something majorly different pops up to give us some direction.

I will, however not the odd-choice for the music. The main notation being that 'SHEPARD'S DEAD' and the choice was 'Ghost Rider's in the Sky'. So, I'm still leaning towards Shepard being in game.

Considering they're hiding the protagonist, I think it's reasonably possible it's Shepard. What reason is there to make the protagonist a secret if they're a new character?

How is Shepard there? Why is Shepard there?

clennon8 wrote:Well, whaddya know.  Bullshit rumor isn't so bullshit after all.  Told ya so.

Look, I'm an IT guy, but to me it's an alternate ending that happens to be better than the "real" ending, if there can be any such thing when talking about a work of fiction.

I'm looking forward to this new game, though of course it's possible it'll suck.  DA:I looked pretty great until I played it and it turned out be a giant snooze.  I've gotta say that's a pretty fucking great teaser trailer, though.

You're not an IT guy. No IT'er is happy about this shit. No IT'er is happy with confirmation they're going to run away from the endings. More importantly, no IT'er uses "you're on a forum discussing some video game theory on the internet" as an insult. Which is why I can't stand you to begin with.

And upon finding out the next game is going to be shit, there's a variety of reactions. The most pathetic is probably going "YIPPIE! I WAS RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING! I HAVE TO GO BRAG TO PEOPLE SMARTER THAN I AM!" Seriously, how fucking empty is your existence? I'd joke that the last time you touched a vagina had to have been during birth, but those botched wire hanger abortions tend to require c-section.

ginner dave wrote:I normally just lurk (even now) but I need someplace to vent, both for the stupidity of the new games setting and for even venturing onto BSN expecting anything other than the usual pseudo intellectual, Wikipedia list of fallacies citing horse shit that frequents there.

Unless there really is a secret 'Shepard reveal' down the line, indicated by their 'this is not your character bs', this is a kick in the cock.

Not only does Andromeda rape the lore, it negates the original trilogy.

With the exception of some seriously unwanted ass pulls, there is no way to even reach Andromeda without either breaking the lore in half or addressing the endings. From all the tech we've seen, it cannot be that far removed from the original trilogy (unless tech stagnation), which means the utilization of Reaper tech, which further means destroy ending.

And since there is what looks like Milky Way (original trilogy) style skyscrapers erupting from the ground, it's all suspect. FUCK  

Amen, brother. Though I'd argue that even if there is a Shepard reveal coming, it's still going to be trash. I mean, the only reason to put it in Andromeda is to run away from the endings and refuse dealing with them. So even if we get Shepard back, it'll just be "he's here, ask no questions, nothing happened."

The only way this could get worse is if the mysterious N7 is Kai Lame and he's the main villain.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:15 am

Wouldn't that be kinda trippy.. still.. bleh.
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 am

About those structures erupting from the ground. Is it possible that they might be something similar to the London beam? Maybe not. It seems unlikely that the Reapers would bother harvesting a small colony rather than just destroying it.

At the risk of getting my hopes up again, I really think an indoctrinated Shepard might be our antagonist. Would Bioware be that brave? People might flip out if "their Shepard" pulls an Anakin. But so long as we can redeem him provided we picked anything other than synthesis or control, I'd actually be fine with that.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:39 am

Eryri wrote:About those structures erupting from the ground. Is it possible that they might be something similar to the London beam? Maybe not. It seems unlikely that the Reapers would bother harvesting a small colony rather than just destroying it.

At the risk of getting my hopes up again, I really think an indoctrinated Shepard might be our antagonist. Would Bioware be that brave? People might flip out if "their Shepard" pulls an Anakin. But so long as we can redeem him provided we picked anything other than synthesis, I'd actually be fine with that.

That's a beautiful dream, but why would they go to Andromeda if they were going to do an IT reveal?  The only reason to go to Andromeda is to avoid dealing with the endings because they're cowards.

Also, think of what it would mean if the last remnant of the resistance is in Andromeda.  It would mean the Milky Way is pretty much harvested.  We all knew there would be casualties, but losing the entire galaxy?

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:03 am

Rifneno wrote:
Eryri wrote:About those structures erupting from the ground. Is it possible that they might be something similar to the London beam? Maybe not. It seems unlikely that the Reapers would bother harvesting a small colony rather than just destroying it.

At the risk of getting my hopes up again, I really think an indoctrinated Shepard might be our antagonist. Would Bioware be that brave? People might flip out if "their Shepard" pulls an Anakin. But so long as we can redeem him provided we picked anything other than synthesis, I'd actually be fine with that.

That's a beautiful dream, but why would they go to Andromeda if they were going to do an IT reveal?  The only reason to go to Andromeda is to avoid dealing with the endings because they're cowards.

Also, think of what it would mean if the last remnant of the resistance is in Andromeda.  It would mean the Milky Way is pretty much harvested.  We all knew there would be casualties, but losing the entire galaxy?

I'll admit that the implications are a bit dark. And that I'm probably way off track. But, to be honest, at this point they kind of make sense to me. There is indeed no reason to go to Andromeda to find "a new home for Humanity" if the Milky Way is intact. There must be billions of habitable worlds in this galaxy. The only reasons are either a. lazy writing to avoid having green circuits everywhere or b. if the Crucible really was a Reaper trap and they really are the nigh unstoppable Lovecraftian monsters they were made out to be. So a small group of colonists from all the council species straps a ship with some cryogenic tubes to a captured Reaper drive and runs for their lives to Andromeda. Closely followed by Evil-Shepard on a mission from his master Harbinger.

It's kind of the only way to maintain the high stakes of the previous games. Instead of saving the whole galaxy, you're trying to prevent the extinction of the last remnant of Humanity (possibly including your own family) - a bit like Battlestar Galactica which had a similarly dark premise but was still enjoyable. There would still be a ray of hope for the Milky Way though, considering a harvest is supposed to take hundreds of years. Maybe we could find some genuinely useful ancient super weapon in a galaxy that's never been touched by the Reapers? Then go back to the MW in ME 5 and kick the Reaper's asses?

Of course I'm probably just setting myself for another fall. I should probably just expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised. Kai Lame as the main villain.... <Shudder>.

Last edited by Eryri on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Elaboration)
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:30 am

Eryri wrote:I'll admit that the implications are a bit dark. And that I'm probably way off track. But, to be honest, at this point they kind of make sense to me. There is indeed no reason to go to Andromeda to find "a new home for Humanity" if the Milky Way is intact. There must be billions of habitable worlds in this galaxy. The only reasons are either a. lazy writing to avoid having green circuits everywhere or b. if the Crucible really was a Reaper trap and they really are the nigh unstoppable Lovecraftian monsters they were made out to be. So a small group of colonists from all the council species straps a ship with some cryogenic tubes to a captured Reaper drive and runs for their lives to Andromeda. Closely followed by Evil-Shepard on a mission from his master Harbinger.

It's kind of the only way to maintain the high stakes of the previous games. Instead of saving the whole galaxy, you're trying to prevent the extinction of the last remnant of Humanity (possibly including your own family) - a bit like Battlestar Galactica which had a similarly dark premise but was still enjoyable. There would still be a ray of hope for the Milky Way though, considering a harvest is supposed to take hundreds of years. Maybe we could find some genuinely useful ancient super weapon in a galaxy that's never been touched by the Reapers? Then go back to the MW in ME 5 and kick the Reaper's asses?

Of course I'm probably just setting myself for another fall. I should probably just expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised. Kai Lame as the main villain.... <Shudder>.

The Kai Lame thing was just a joke, but I wouldn't even be surprised at this point. ... I suppose it could be worse. Literal synthesis, for example. Or that First Contact "War" drivel.

The Reapers are definitely nigh-unstoppable Lovecraftian monsters, and that's exactly why I love them as villains.

Man. I feel like somebody died. Sad

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:44 am

That trailer did tell us exactly what I thought it would do, nothing.

The fact that they mentioned that the person we see is not really the main protagonist throws us back at where we were. They really like torturing us, probably a hobby of them by now.

It could've been me, but when I watched that trailer, seeing that N7 tag in center of screen. I felt a glimmer of Shepard right there.

I really wonder how they'll put that Andromeda "here we are" thing of. Everyone was in the middle of the Reaper War by the end of ME3. All resources where going towards the crucible. There's no way that we were secretly developing another "special thing" to get us all out. They probably are going to do something with that crucible, mark my words. That space magic blasted us to Andromeda.
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by clennon8 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:59 am

Wow, you really do seem unbalanced, Rif. Yes, I am an IT guy. I got kicked off motherfucking BSN because I wouldn't stop bringing it up, so that oughta be worth something. And yet I'm willing to wait and judge the new game on its own merits instead of tying my hopes, dreams, aspirations, ego, happiness and mental well-being to the feeble hope that they're gonna give us a big "reveal" and bring back Shepard, or whatever other delusion you may be harboring.

And, yeah, while you were calling the obviously plausible and evidentially-supported Andromeda/ark theory rumor "retarded," I was saying there was probably something to it. That must really suck for you, smart guy.
clennon8
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top