(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Eryri on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:05 pm

noobcannon wrote:
Eryri wrote:

Sorry for the essay - I've probably been mulling this stuff over far too much.

he's an old cowboy tryin' to track down the reapers' heard.

Gotta love the Man in Black. Lots of speculation with that song choice too.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:44 pm

- Cowboy tune gives the whole thing a vibe like, how seriously should we take this as far as a representative illustration of the final game goes? Especially contrasted with some subtle eerie sounds that start playing from when the N7 guy warp-jumps or something, it's got this sense of irony.

- The scrolling through screens is similar to the Broker's video archive, which I always found oddly cartoonish and hard to take seriously.

- Definitely some Reaperish sounds in there, but as someone already mentioned, might be generic sci-fi effects. But particularly noticeable when the N7 guy is getting up and is looking over the canyon. Like: rise, Reaper, rise.

- London Beam Run comes to mind, yes.

- I really like the sleek female armor from the accompanying artwork. Reminds me of Noomi Rapace in Prometheus.

Also, I know this isn't about who's wrong or right, but all the signs were there that it was going to be an ark / new galaxy concept and some of us had pointed this out. Which got mostly handwaved here to the point of ridicule.

In retrospect: fuck that.

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Eryri wrote:either that guy is Shepard, or that trailer was the lamest, most ill-conceived cop-out in bioware' history.

I feel exactly the same way.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Indoctrinated Shepard, Bakara, and Ashley, taking over worlds muahahahaha!

Rolling Eyes

Honestly this teaser can be as misleading as the Legion teaser in ME2. Developer already saying that the N7 isn't even our protagonist. Heh.

I kinda like the idea (JUST THE IDEA) of 'Shepard' being the 'bad' guy 'leading' humanity, and we instead play a plucky upstart who has to convince/change/help everyone to realize they're stuck in a cult, under the thumb of the Reapers or what remains of them - including Shepard himself, continuing to think himself the hero (Saren x100). Shepard gets to move everyone to Andromeda while we get to do our more personal RPG story and game mechanics to spread influence within the galaxy.  Cool And, of course, Breath Destroy = beating the influence the most, unlike any indoctrinated person ever.

Or this is all only a cop out. Of course.

Last edited by SwobyJ on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:57 pm

Sigh* figured this might come to pass. Honestly Bioware.... You have no right to beat Shepard up anymore than you have. First you screwed Shepard over all the choices and character developments at the end, you miss used the fans trust and love in Shepard's friends and abandoned him/her, then you leave Shepard DEAD in Destroy, and you have the nerve to use the N7 symbol and give this wannabee N7 bandit similar posses Shepard takes in ME3?

I'm sure this is just a generic renegade N7 Soldier BUT come on! This FEELS like Shepard, you can just picture him/her under neath the helmet and want to believe all shall go well with Shepard in the game. Other than that everything is out of place. the story, the music, and the characters in general.

Feels like Space Marines: Colonial exploration that isn't meant for ME. But they did it...they pulled this off and now fans of the new and those that LOVED the ending as is aside from IT just eat up their shit. Bravo Bioware, your indoctrination plan worked.

Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Also, a holiday 2016 release? That means Christmas, right? Pfffff.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:01 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Also, a holiday 2016 release? That means Christmas, right? Pfffff.

N7 2015? - More teasing info, beyond freakin concept art.
E3 2016 - MEA focus, hype machine turned on full blast.
..Holiday(/N7 2016?) - Release.

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:02 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Also, a holiday 2016 release? That means Christmas, right? Pfffff.

This confirms Shepard is Jesus. He is the one that shall bring Armageddon to this new galaxy and take all the fans over to ME3 so that they can finish the fight right and then have one big party on harbingers dead corpse.

Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:03 pm

"You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later)."

Heh.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:11 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:"You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later)."

Heh.

and then i see this character and i'm like.

Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:20 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:"You will play a human, male or female, though that’s actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later)."

Heh.

Hopefully not too much later. Enough is enough now Bioware. Time to put up or shut up.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:37 pm

Eryri wrote:

Heh.

Hopefully not too much later. Enough is enough now Bioware. Time to put up or shut up.

Well. It may happen this year. But that's it.

Bioware seems otherwise (in terms of marketing) focused on DAI DLC and SWTOR expansion/overhaul.

Next year will be the shifting over to MEA and maybe the New IP.

I'd love info on the trailer character/protagonist character within the next few months though... sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:28 am

Oh right.  The song is literally about cowboys who are doomed to serve the devil after death and drive the devil's herd across the sky.

Last edited by ZerebusPrime on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:35 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Oh right.  The song is literally about cowboys who are doomed to serve the devil and drive the devil's herd across the sky.

Mass Effect:Milky Way and

Or no deal.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:20 am

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by ViolentSound on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:33 am

My impression of the story based on the trailer, is that these people were sent to Andromeda to escape the reapers. It looks to me in the trailer that it's the N7 guy shooting at Turians. I could be wrong obviously but they look like it to me. So basically these races placed on this "ark" ship segregated themselves soon after they woke up, and are now constantly fighting with each other over planets and resources.

N7 guy, I think is probably the leader, or at least in charge of finding and securing planets. and thats all I got out of  from that uneventful announcement. I did hear reaper noises so wtf is that all about.

*Sighs* thanks Bioware...

ViolentSound
Marauder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:38 am

Holiday 2016 is a long way from now.

They need to release a remastered edition of all ME + DLC to fill that gapp and keep everyone interested.
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:06 pm

Why bother if the stories don't line up and they abandon the lore?
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:23 pm

CSSteele wrote:Why bother if the stories don't line up and they abandon the lore?

Indeed. The title alone is our event horizon. Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Rifneno wrote:Mass Effect:Milky Way and

Or no deal.

+1

Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:28 pm

I just had a horrible thought. What if this non-protagonist N7 is just supposed to represent the player's army of nameless mooks sent out to do DAInquisition-style resource gathering?

If so... Ugh! Consider me thoroughly de- hyped. Although why hide his face if it's a new character? Or accompany him with Reaper growls?
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by invetro on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Since I have nothing better to do, I've been watching the trailer again and trying to make sense of it.

Flipping through planetscapes at the start, we have multiple "choices" of where to go here.

1. Rannoch-esque desert planet.
2. Ice planet covered in what looks like a lot of eezo.
3. Sulphuric looking planet with large insect like creatures that resemble the space beetles found on Ontarom, Haestrom and Zorya.
4. Asteroid.
5. Livable looking planet with big airborne creatures.
6. Apparant protoplanet?

N7 goes back to the first planet, and the galaxy map is now seemingly a touchscreen and bypasses the need for a pilot altogether, and we also dispense the need for mass relays as the galaxy map morphs into some kind of wormhole. Come to think of it, is N7 even on a ship? It's like one big uniwindow. We don't get to see the ship, maybe because it's the Normandy?

Despite the lack of threat shown on the planet preview, N7 whips his carnifex out, the classic despicable deed gun of our old commander, and struts. If walking could look smug, we've just seen it.

Deliberate close up on the N7 logo. Why? If this isn't Shepard, why? Older fans of this series will look at this, and see nothing but Shepard.

Planetside.

Touchdown with the new Mako. This has to be our new personal Mako. There seems to be writing on the top, but I can't make it out. More space beetles.

Cut to black, then back to N7 who appears to be running away from something. What happened to the Mako? Are we chasing N7? Use of the new jet jump indicates that time is a factor.

The visor is completely reflective. I've tried to make out a face, but there isn't one to be seen. I also compared the breathing to Shepard gasping for air over Alcheera just for reference, but it's pretty vague and not the same.

N7 stands up to survey the land. Reaper noises are unmistakable now. These aren't generic sci fi sounds. When you have a noise as distinct as a reaper growl, you know it's there deliberately.

Colony building?

The structures we see self constructing look almost Prothean to me, and the speed of their construction seems to be aided by eezo, as we can see by the blue glow on intersecting parts. What I want to know, is if our people have been travelling to another galaxy, how did they scrounge up resources to create and deploy something so fast and huge. Unless these aren't buildings, but some kind of mining drill erupting to the surface, although that seems unlikely. Is this reaper tech?

Next shot, N7 is running into battle with a female (could be human or asari) and a krogan (female? head shape seems a bit off), but gets hit from behind. You can see a laser impact on his shields. He doesn't even bother turning around, and deploys his omniblade as they approach what I assume are the enemy. I did think these were turian troops at first, but the leg shape is too drastic and the carapace doesn't look like the correct shape. These guys are more shouldery.

Jet jump, omni stab and cut to black.

Now, if we are fighting turians here, I'm a little confused. The volatile aliens have always been Krogan. We've fought all species before, but they were generally in merc gangs. I highly doubt the "ark" have allowed merc gangs to follow or join them, and I would not enjoy the prospect of fighting the entire turian hierarchy.

And now, a proposition. The Citadel is a massive relay, right? We never really found out were it went, or if it connects to other relays, equally as massive. The reapers had millions upon millions of years and unequalled resources and tech to create a relay network that would theoretically reach Andromeda. From what I've read it would take 2.5 million years to reach Andromeda (no idea how long that would take going FTL). It is very possible there are relays in Andromeda, as there seems to be eezo there. Bioware seem to be very tight lipped (as usual) about the existance of relays in this chapter of the Mass Effect story, which ups the possibility even further imo.

Anyway, we probably have another year of vagueness and teasing before any more meaty info comes to light. Goddamn you, Bioware.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChhncq2NBuQMAEJxxOcSBqA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:31 pm

CSSteele wrote:Why bother if the stories don't line up and they abandon the lore?

True, but the series before this Mass Effect Andromeda Inquisition garbage is still one of the best out there.

So playing the remastered versions of the whole franchise with all DLC actually get's me more exciting than that Andr...I don't even want to say that name anymore.
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by clennon8 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:39 pm

The Andromeda galaxy is approximately 2.5 million light years away.  An ark ship traveling 15 light years per day could get there in less than 500 years, while the crew slept in cryo pods.  Many engineering problems would have to be overcome to make this feasible, of course.  It would likely involve retro-engineering Reaper and Prothean tech.

Random prediction:

The Reapers will not be an enemy in this game, despite the "Reaper sound" in the trailer.  However, evidence will be found that the Reapers came to Andromeda.  AND GOT THEIR ASSES KICKED.

N7 dude is the Saren analog.  Either that or he's a leader figure who's built up as a real bad-ass, then gets himself killed, thus opening the way for the protagonist to rise just when everything looks hopeless.
clennon8
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top