Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

+34
dorktainian
CSSteele
Master Blaster
Terramine
smash016
Ithurael
HYR 2.1
Norlond
Rifneno
DoomsdayDevice
TurianRebel212
Eryri
ericformans_sisterisdead
Maximus
ZerebusPrime
vlad78
southbeatz
Dwailing
clennon8
Jusseb
Steelcan
Raistlin Majere
MaximizedAction
demersel
WeAreHarbinger
jojon2se
ElSuperGecko
Criddle
invetro
ViolentSound
noobcannon
DaniSaur
symbowles
Valsamon
38 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by demersel Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Could be that. Or it could be intentional and hint at the reapers and leviathans not being the only major players in shaping the things in our galaxy.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 Empty Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:57 pm

You know it's bad when even Rif loses faith.

Hey Dem! Long time no see! =)

The shape you're pointing out wrt the Reaper eye, is also similar to the "indoctrinated eye" pattern, like someone else pointed out earlier.

Could all just be coincidence, still, it's fun to speculate, even though I doubt we'll get anything we're hoping for.

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:43 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 Tim11
Valsamon
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:37 pm

chris wynn just shot down the n7 solider being shepard. meh.
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Didn't they also tell us Shepard would die in ME2 and we would be playing a new character? Or was it just the trailer?
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:40 pm

SwobyJ wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:Maybe we're not seeing the ship because he's onboard a Reaper. 3:)

Yes.

At this point, I'd just like to say that this conversation is starting to  sound scarily like those three-year-old Mass Shift rumours with Advent, Murmur etc.  You know, the ones Priestly hastily dismissed as fake

...far in the future from Mass Effect 3
...exploring a new galaxy (or remote area of the galaxy)
...on board a Reaper

Tinfoil HatSynthesis!
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Indeed.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Those were not so terrible when you get into it in details and use a little imagination to extrapolate.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:00 pm

noobcannon wrote:chris wynn just shot down the n7 solider being shepard. meh.

https://twitter.com/The1Wynn/status/611749079547187200

Relatedly, we know (well, "know" to the extent that we trust dev tweets) that not only is the N7 soldier not Shepard, but it's an actual, specific character in the game (vs. a placeholder for a generic character): https://twitter.com/The1Wynn/status/611336185579843584 Why would this character take front and center in a teaser trailer for a game we knew next to nothing about before E3? Some of us have guessed if he's not Shepard and not the protagonist (assuming we're playing the protagonist), then next obvious guess might be a villain. IDK, just odd that this not-Shepard-but-also-not-protagonist guy is getting a lot of attention and is the face of MEA for now (https://twitter.com/The1Wynn/status/610538851564654592).

P.S. I share your feels bro (https://twitter.com/khat_astro_phe/status/610816775203098624)

Last edited by fshep on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:04 pm

[quote="fshep"]
noobcannon wrote:chris wynn just shot down the n7 solider being shepard. meh.

Arrrgh.

- Though the details are very sketchy at this point, Mass Shift revolves around
the Catalyst (who now inhabits the body of Shepard), who seeks to prevent the
galaxy from advancing synthetics. This pits the Catalyst against virtually the
entire galaxy, which is quickly forgetting about the threat that synthetics pose.
The Catalyst, throughout the game, will endure inner turmoil caused by
his "other side" (EDI), who carries the belief that synthetics and organics can
peacefully co-exist.

....whimper...

- Mass Shift is not Mass Effect 4. Mass Shift will involve the same universe,
characters, and story, but it will be more action-oriented. Space flight, for
example, will be as intricate as ME3's combat. In Mass Shift, you will actively fly
Murmur, a Reaper that is controlled by the Catalyst.

Head meets wall

- Mass Shift takes place about one millennium after the events of ME3.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:13 pm

I can't believe you guys honestly think that there's going to be a reveal after they've completely wiped their asses with the lore to put the game in an entirely new galaxy with the only possible reason being to avoid handling the endings.

I was as optimistic as anyone about ME4, but it's time to hang it up.

And IIRC they never said we wouldn't be playing as Shepard in ME2, they merely said "Shepard is dead" when asked and let assumptions do the rest.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Maybe if it's not Shepard and not the protagonist - then that is more of a concept? In a sense that this is the galaxy where guys wearing N7 roam the stars and take what they please? Like Rangers? or Red Bandana gang? Like N7 is more of a religion or a symbol now. Symbol of all the pillagers and men of opportunity. Like cross and bones.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:20 pm

Maybe it is Conrad Verner, having invented both Time Travel and the means to get to Andromeda galaxy, which he now roams fulfilling his fanboy fantasy of being commander Shepard. ))

https://twitter.com/The1Wynn/status/611336185579843584
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Rifneno wrote:I can't believe you guys honestly think that there's going to be a reveal after they've completely wiped their asses with the lore to put the game in an entirely new galaxy with the only possible reason being to avoid handling the endings..

That depends on what you mean by "reveal".  Bioware coming out and saying "ME3's ending was Shepard being indoctrinated", and explicit in game explanations, dialogue and revelations to that effect... no, not going to happen.  But...

demersel wrote:Maybe if it's not Shepard and not the protagonist

Mass Shift revolves around the Catalyst (who now inhabits the body of Shepard), who seeks to prevent the galaxy from advancing synthetics...

...not Shepard, but something inhabiting the body of Shepard - wouldn't something like that be a "reveal" in and of itself? No further explanations necessary.

The N7 in the Andromeda trailer - flicking through the screens of various planets - looks like he's searching for something.  A habitable planet to colonize?  Ancient technology?  Native life?  Hunting synthetics, a la the Shepalyst in the Mass Shift crap?

Last edited by ElSuperGecko on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:39 pm

Maybe the N7 is a Mysterious Stranger of Mass Effect. ))
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 540_293_resize_20130201_65edd749ed1b8087c31a984868fc967a_jpg
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 107?cb=20081226041526(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 GyyEG
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:39 pm

I don't think anyone here honestly believes there will be a reveal, Rif.

We just can't help ourselves speculating, though we probably won't get anything we'd like to see.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:49 pm

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 Andromeda
(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 CHkRD2tUAAA6GBf-200x300

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 Citadel_final_battle_-_saren_suicides

Last edited by SwobyJ on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:51 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I don't think anyone here honestly believes there will be a reveal, Rif.

We just can't help ourselves speculating, though we probably won't get anything we'd like to see.

i just want to play as reaper shepard flying around on harbinger. this is all i want. i would literally go back and change my ending to control or synthesis to make this happen.

maybe one day we return to the milky way and see this....
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:58 pm

On second thought, let's not go to Milky Way. Tis a silly place...
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Valsamon wrote:A point on the map says M70... which is in the Milky Way https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messier_70

Cool observation! Interestingly, if you compare this screenshot to constellation maps of Sagittarius (link) and nearby regions (M70 is directly under Sagittarius), it doesn't match up with the lines on the map in the screenshot. Obviously, it's likely those lines denote something other than the established constellation maps we know today. Also I can't seem to find connections to other readable points on the map (e.g., MLM-7, RW1, etc.). Probably random sci-fi filler text?

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 Ub_U1FR6QHy_

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:59 pm

BTW, since we're back on the subject of the trailer - the initial point from where the N7 makes the jump looks a bit like Anadius.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:02 pm

On a separate note, why are people saying the N7 guy is fighting turians in the trailer? Idk that I'd assume the creatures in the bottom left are turians...

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 07QUBBS1TU-O

Back to top Go down

Post by noobcannon Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:07 pm

look its shepard!

noobcannon wrote:

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 Mass_effect_3

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 1761679

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 Mass-effect-3-hd-wallpaper-3

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 1298656451574788904

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 Capture_zpsdgc1iaow

(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV! - Page 2 7Po2eiXWbzmiQ
noobcannon
noobcannon
Geth Rocket Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:13 pm

Rifneno wrote:I can't believe you guys honestly think that there's going to be a reveal after they've completely wiped their asses with the lore to put the game in an entirely new galaxy with the only possible reason being to avoid handling the endings.

You couldn't believe the game would honestly be set in a new galaxy either, but it is.

As always, I'm just hoping for some kind of substantive narrative connection to the first three games, just something that does help to elucidate certain mysteries, but I'm not counting on traditional IT exclusively.

So it probably won't be like: Let's pick up where we left off, Shepard @London. But I don't rule out something bigger than Shepard. Some scenario that will put Shepard's adventure in a different perspective.
smash016
smash016
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:19 pm

smash016 wrote:Some scenario that will put Shepard's adventure in a different perspective.

This is probably the "best" we can hope for, but I'm not counting on it.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next