(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:36 am

after everything, the trilogy is about one person. right at the end as the protagonist faces his darkest hour you can choose to be pro-active and destroy the reapers or you can sit on your hands and allow the reapers to take the protagonist and corrupt him utterly.

synthesis? just fuck off. removal of all diversity is what the reapers want, they can fuck right off.
control? become the human reaper. exist only to be a souvenir for harbie. betrayal of humanity.
destroy. shoot the tube. free shep from reaper influence. good choice.

i dont know about anyone else, but i would never kill shep on a false promise that guarantees nothing. by shooting the tube i chose to free shepard of the last remaining influence the reapers had over him.

by waking up and taking that breath shepard won his battle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:24 am

dorktainian wrote:
control?  become the human reaper. exist only to be a souvenir for harbie.  betrayal of humanity.

Fun fact: Control is literally called "Become a Reaper" in beta stuff and even in the official strategy guide.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusseb on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:24 am

dorktainian wrote:after everything, the trilogy is about one person.  right at the end as the protagonist faces his darkest hour you can choose to be pro-active and destroy the reapers or you can sit on your hands and allow the reapers to take the protagonist and corrupt him utterly.

synthesis?  just fuck off.  removal of all diversity is what the reapers want, they can fuck right off.
control?  become the human reaper. exist only to be a souvenir for harbie.  betrayal of humanity.
destroy. shoot the tube.  free shep from reaper influence.  good choice.  

i dont know about anyone else, but i would never kill shep on a false promise that guarantees nothing.  by shooting the tube i chose to free shepard of the last remaining influence the reapers had over him.

by waking up and taking that breath shepard won his battle.

Destroy doesn't necessarily mean that the Reapers are destroyed. Shepard defeated indoctrination, wakes up in the rubble. Probably where Harbinger blasted him. You could even ask yourself if Shepard actually got into the beam or just laid in front of it all the time he was unconscious.

I don't understand Bioware in the way they show the destroy cut scene. In my opinion the other options could have the cutscenes, but in destroy it doesn't really make sense. The screen should've just fade to black, credits and then the breathscene.

That would explain it all.

The endings would then be a lot less controversial and more clear. They also could've made an perfect sequel or DLC where the 'team' or even Shepard himself could defeat Harbinger once and for all.

Shit, it's been years and I still ask myself once in a while what retards got to work on those endings at Bioware and EA.
Jusseb
Geth Pyro

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger on Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Control i speculate that you pretty much become Starbrats bitch. You just become a drone or (part of) a destroyer or capital ship.
I always assumed Synthesis is the one where you actually become a reaper, Shepard being the head conciousness of a capital ship or even the Human Reaper.

Whoever leads the reapers whether it be Harby, or the Catalyst wants Shepard if he can. Shep is the one person in a long time to slap the reapers twice now...but i think they're willing to take Control as an option just to keep Shepard under the thumb.

Destroy is just waking up wherever you believe the dream to start, whether at the beam or in the Citadel. You beat the reapers attempt at pulling you into both options...whatever happens after that is anyone's guess.

Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:57 pm

WeAreHarbinger wrote:Control i speculate that you pretty much become Starbrats bitch. You just become a drone or (part of) a destroyer or capital ship.
I always assumed Synthesis is the one where you actually become a reaper, Shepard being the head conciousness of a capital ship or even the Human Reaper.

Whoever leads the reapers whether it be Harby, or the Catalyst wants Shepard if he can. Shep is the one person in a long time to slap the reapers twice now...but i think they're willing to take Control as an option just to keep Shepard under the thumb.

Destroy is just waking up wherever you believe the dream to start, whether at the beam or in the Citadel. You beat the reapers attempt at pulling you into both options...whatever happens after that is anyone's guess.

the reapers being far from defeated....

meanwhile in a distant recess of biowares arsehole, next to jabba priestly and fuckwit merizan, someone concocts an idea that negates a perfectly explainable ending idea, and decides we are going to fucking andromeda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:21 am

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andromeda-lead-writer-confirms-he-has-left-bioware/

"Chris Schlerf, who joined BioWare in late 2013 to take over the lead writing duties on Mass Effect: Andromeda, has announced on Twitter that he has left the studio, and is now working in the same capacity at Destiny developer Bungie. His LinkedIn profile indicates that he actually departed BioWare in September of last year, but he only confirmed the move today."

Huh. I wonder what happened in September last year....

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-lead-writer-drew-karpyshyn-returns-to-bioware/

Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:48 am

I think so.  Why would they lie about which project he's working on?  What purpose could that possibly serve?

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:03 am

Well, if you're going to call an old man out on his delusions, I suppose it's only right to present a couple of semi-plausible (but not really) explanations.

* Shareholders. Possibly a bit much for EA to explain that one of their three biggest active IPs lost a senior development director, and it's head writer, in the space of two months.

* Admission of fault. Announcing Karpyshyn as head writer of ME:Whatever is as close as Bioware or EA would ever come to admitting that the decision to change head writers between ME2 and ME3 was a mistake.
Or at the very least that Mac Walters was not the right choice
Or that the writing in ME3 maybe / could be suspect

* Announcement could be pending. Especially if it involves an open ended delay to the games development.

In the knowledge that there is no reason to be positive at all, I'll still choose to hope.
At this stage, why else would I have lurked on this site for 3 and a half years?
Even if the only bearable option is to have the whole 'new galaxy' angle be one gigantic head fake (a la 'Shepard's dead' in the lead up to ME2), it's still better than the prospect of no closure at all

Mass Effect overall should be studied in years to come as a cautionary tale for writers - if you get the Lore right early on, hire someone to specifically make sure it never gets raped in favour of terrible plot ideas.
Sort of hard to make a dozen good games based in and around the Citadel now its been moved to Earth and blown up.
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:22 am

Valsamon wrote:Well, if you're going to call an old man out on his delusions, I suppose it's only right to present a couple of semi-plausible (but not really) explanations.

* Shareholders. Possibly a bit much for EA to explain that one of their three biggest active IPs lost a senior development director, and it's head writer, in the space of two months.

* Admission of fault. Announcing Karpyshyn as head writer of ME:Whatever is as close as Bioware or EA would ever come to admitting that the decision to change head writers between ME2 and ME3 was a mistake.

* Announcement could be pending. Especially if it involves an open ended delay to the games development.

In the knowledge that there is no reason to be positive at all, I'll still choose to hope.
At this stage, why else would I have lurked on this site for 3 and a half years?
Even if the only bearable option is to have the whole 'new galaxy' angle be one gigantic head fake (a la 'Shepard's dead' in the lead up to ME2), it's still better than the prospect of no closure at all

Mass Effect overall should be studied in years to come as a cautionary tale for writers - if you get the Lore right early on, hire someone to specifically make sure it never gets raped in favour of terrible plot ideas.
Sort of hard to make a dozen good games based in and around the Citadel now its been moved to Earth and blown up.

Was it the Citadel tho? That's what we were told in the narrative. For all we know it could be the citadels evil dark - freshly arrived from darkspace - twin.

Back to top Go down

Post by smash016 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Bottom line: BW continues to be remarkably reserved regarding ME:A. While a certain buildup of positive anticipation would be useful by now.

Either development has become a serious mess, or any spoilers at this stage would be too much.

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:00 pm

smash016 wrote:Bottom line: BW continues to be remarkably reserved regarding ME:A. While a certain buildup of positive anticipation would be useful by now.

Either development has become a serious mess, or any spoilers at this stage would be too much.

Or a more cynical view is that they have finally learned to not promise what they cant or wont be delivering. Looking at the many comments made regarding ME3 to build hype, but turned out to be blatant lies. Looking mostly at the qoute regarding the Rachni involvement.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:
smash016 wrote:Bottom line: BW continues to be remarkably reserved regarding ME:A. While a certain buildup of positive anticipation would be useful by now.

Or a more cynical view is that they have finally learned to not promise what they cant or wont be delivering. Looking at the many comments made regarding ME3 to build hype, but turned out to be blatant lies. Looking mostly at the qoute regarding the Rachni involvement.

Somehow I feel like development has become a serious mess: http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andromeda-lead-writer-confirms-he-has-left-bioware/

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Valsamon wrote:http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andromeda-lead-writer-confirms-he-has-left-bioware/

"Chris Schlerf, who joined BioWare in late 2013 to take over the lead writing duties on Mass Effect: Andromeda, has announced on Twitter that he has left the studio, and is now working in the same capacity at Destiny developer Bungie. His LinkedIn profile indicates that he actually departed BioWare in September of last year, but he only confirmed the move today."

Huh. I wonder what happened in September last year....

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-lead-writer-drew-karpyshyn-returns-to-bioware/

-Chris brings in the next generation (*gag* Halo-ish? some bright and shiny but superficial syfyness?) of Mass Effect
-Casey makes sure it keeps on track as part of Mass Effect franchise following the trilogy
-Mac makes sure it keeps on track as part of whole Mass Effect franchise
-Casey leaves when it seems clear that the game has enough of the trilogy for his liking; EA and Microsoft have their relationship so he could very well keep in touch professionally with Bioware for all we know
-Chris leaves when MEA is mostly done story-wise; leaving for money, professional advancement, because it was set to be this temporary, work environment, who knows really
-Drew from what I've read (including AMAs/Q&As), is returning to Bioware primarily for SWTOR (KOTFE Season 2? Beyond?). However, he intentionally keeps his info about Mass Effect vague, and he mentions that they may want him for something smaller at some point. This was months ago he said that. Quite possible that while he'll have zero to minimal official involvement with MEA, he still gets hired for MEA *DLC*, or at least is consulted on his earlier ideas for the series and therefore cannot tell people everything he knows.

1)I can't say I actually believe this. Just having fun since I'm snowed in today.
2)I can't say I actually approve of things as I wrote them above. For example, Mac's seeming obsession with Cerberus is not quite something I'd call 'keeping the franchise on track'.

I just think its a possibility that he does get involved with Mass Effect again, just not in the shorter term as a main game lead writer. At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised if, while taking Drew back on board for SWTOR, he's also included in some of the process for Mass Effect indirectly. Even if just in the sense of devs/writers having more chance to talk with each other than otherwise, really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:

Dwailing wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:

Somehow I feel like development has become a serious mess: http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andromeda-lead-writer-confirms-he-has-left-bioware/

Agreed with all being possible? Haha. We're still in a near news blackout about this game and its supposedly being set to release this year. We don't necessarily need to know stuff Feb-May, but if E3/EAPlays happens with little to nothing, I'd say we can start seriously considering the project to either be in outright crisis or have such amazing spoilers involved that it'll only be sprung a few months before release, tops.

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:40 am

Andromeda. Seriously? How? Why?

I still hold a slender hope that they're gonna pull this around and don't have us abandoning the milky way cos 'reasons'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:49 am

Valsamon wrote:* Shareholders. Possibly a bit much for EA to explain that one of their three biggest active IPs lost a senior development director, and it's head writer, in the space of two months.

What does that have to do with Karpyshyn's return?

Nope. That would be a valid point if Karpyshyn was fired but he left on his own.

Pending? For half a year?

Hope is great. False hope, not so much.

They said they're about half finished with the game. So serious mess, definitely. They say it's probably a couple years from release so it's not unusual that we don't know that much about it yet. It's just unusual that EA/BW is taking that much time on e game.

Raistlin Majere wrote:Or a more cynical view is that they have finally learned to not promise what they cant or wont be delivering. Looking at the many comments made regarding ME3 to build hype, but turned out to be blatant lies. Looking mostly at the qoute regarding the Rachni involvement.

Why that one? I mean it's definitely a lie but there's so many as good or better. The "No A, B, C endings" one is by far the best IMO. It was even said after the game was completely done and being printed on discs so he knew exactly what the ending was when he said it.

But I think you might be onto something there. They got called out on so many lies they may not want to say anything unless they're 100% positive it'll be in the game.

dorktainian wrote:Andromeda.  Seriously?  How?  Why?

I still hold a slender hope that they're gonna pull this around and don't have us abandoning the milky way cos 'reasons'.

You shouldn't. If the Andromeda thing was just something they told us, I'd agree. But it's literally the title of the fucking game. Mass Effect: Andromeda is not going to be about the Milky Way. That's just all there is to it.

We waited excitedly for a reveal in Extended Cut. We got burnt.
We waited excitedly for a reveal in Leviathan. We got burnt.
We waited excitedly for a reveal in Citadel. We got burnt.
This will be no different. BW doesn't have the balls to follow up on IT.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Rif:

The Rachni one just sticks out to me because it really hyped me up. I freaking love the Rachni design and was quite down we got so little in ME2 on them, so I was all ready to finally see that choice pay off in ME3.

Despite 3 games we never actually saw how Rachni technology looked, what style their ships had or anything similar. Even if it was unlikely to be much I really, really wanted to see some more.

Then nothing...

The A,B,C part burned as well, but by that point I was already fuming due to the general stupidity of the ending, so that lie just kinda got pushed in the background.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:20 pm

damn you bioware

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:15 am

What.

I...

I need to start stocking beer.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:48 am

Supposedly there's gonna be a krogan and a synthetic squadmate.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:41 am

The second I see a green circuit board integrated into a character's forehead, I'm out.

Anyway, that there's a synthetic squadmate isn't really saying a whole lot. They could give us a robot mabari and have that count.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:42 am

SwobyJ wrote:Supposedly there's gonna be a krogan and a synthetic squadmate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:02 pm

SwobyJ wrote:Supposedly there's gonna be a krogan and a synthetic squadmate.

Supposedly the Big Ben sniper is our first squadmate, James Sanders.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:18 am

Yes, it's a rehash of what we've been discussing. It's also a decent rehash.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:02 am

Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top