What Should Have Happened Before The Beam Run.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Should Have Happened Before The Beam Run.

Post by Master Blaster on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:21 am

You know. I kind of wanted the Normandy to crash land at some point on Earth. Depending on your choices of how you treated your squad, upgraded the Normandy, and the way Shepard has picked the main choices of gaining support. All deiced the fate of your crew.

If you didn't upgrade the armor, and barrier for the Normandy. Joker will be dead, along with half of the crew. If you didn't vent the core. then Ken, Gab, and Adams will die due to the over heating.

however if all is upgraded then they survive the crash, yet reaper forces are rushing towards the Normandy. And thus your former and current squad mates leading the ground forces all go to help protect the Normandy.

However Shepard has to choose. Continue to charge towards the beam run, or risk everything just to save his crew and friends.

If Shepard picks saving his friends, then Anderson get furious at Shepard and tells him he will push on but he understands what Shepard has to do. If Shepard didn't bring enough war assets, Hammer team is taken out, and Anderson is shown dead. If Shepard did bring enough war assets, some of hammer team is killed yet Anderson managed to make it towards the beam yet Harbinger stands in the way, and thus waits on Shepard.

If Shepard chooses to go ahead towards the beam. If Shepard failed to save no more than 5 of his squadmates throughout the whole ME trilogy. Then a a scene is shown them all dying one by one, and if your love interest is there. They will be the last to die and you will see them looking towards the beam and say a sad line that is different upon which romance you choose d.

If Shepard kept everyone alive that could have been saved. Then a scene is shown they are holding their ground and saving as many crewmates as they can. YET if war assets are low or medium, they can not provide evac for the crew, and all make a final stand.

If Shepard goes back to the Normandy, and war assets are low or medium yet at least no more than 5 squadmates that died are still alive. Then you fight off an endless waves of husk and and various factions of Reapers/ Ruminates of Cerberus troops. Your Shepard will see everyone he cares for dies, and if you romanced someone. Shepard will be holding his dying lover in his/her hands and say goodbye.

If Shepard did get medium war assets then there is a possible chance that Cortex will arrive damaged yet manages to only pick up Shepard and takes him towards Anderson.

If Shepard has everything on high, then the Normandy team holds their ground long enough to have help to arrive, yet at the price of Joker dying in order to give the Normandy team time to retreat. If Garrus stayed behind he will take Jokers place and will die. This can only be possible if Shepard beat Garrus in the bottle contest game, and talks with him before the final battle.

Achievements earn will be.

"Not This Time" * Ensure that everyone in the crew doesn't die"

" The Killing Joke" *Joker makes the ultimate sacrifice*

" In War...Victory" *Sacrifice the Normandy crew to win the war"

" HARBINGERRRRRRRRR" * Anderson and Hammer Team are taken out*

" True Marksmen" * Garrus makes the ultimate sacrifice*

" I Will Say This Last Goodbye" *Shepard and his team fall in battle*

" Lone Wolf" *Shepard is the only one left to survive the Priority Normandy mission"

Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Re: What Should Have Happened Before The Beam Run.

Post by dorktainian on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Gotta love it. I'd change the Beam run as well.

ah yes..... before the beam run. What 'should' have happened? Maybe should is too strong a word, but i'll have a go.
Forget the cutscenes with the alliance attacking the reapers, that should never have been there. Instead The SR2 performs a covert operation to bypass reaper forces, and put in place a device that will allow the fleet to have a real chance of engaging the reaper forces surrounding earth. The squadmates will then be tasked with reaching the beam and shutting it down.
All squadmates from ME2 are on board the normandy

MISSION 1.
London. United Kingdom. Things are looking pretty grim on earth.
The SR2 manages to evade Reaper forces but is shot down above london. The surviving squadmates and shep have to divide themselves into 3 teams. The first team will be purely there to scout forward and identify weaknesses in the reaper fortifications for the attack, they will be lightly armed. The second team will negotiate the local terrain and will make their way to support positions for the main team, they will be carrying the heavy weapons. The third team - led by Shep, is the combat team. This team will hit reaper fortifications head on. The survival of any member of any team being reliant on the overall performance of the other teams. As an example, if the Support squad loses a member, this will directly affect the survivability of Shepards party members, If the recon does not do its job properly, then the level of reaper entrenchment shepards party meets would be significantly greater..
Any member of any party can die, including Shep.
Gory cutscenes for the dead.

MISSION 2.
When the device has been planted, a garbled message comes over the radio. It's Anderson. He's been Captured and Reaper forces are taking him to be interrogated and processed.
The three teams now have to work together to rescue Anderson by any means necessary. Once again depending on previous actions any one of any team can die including Shep. If however the Assault team lost too many members in the initial assault, this will mean Andersons rather gory demise. If the Support team lost too many members, then the scout team could be wiped out completely.
Gory Cutscenes ahoy.

MISSION 3. The Beam.
I would change this. The whole experience should be changed. Surviving members of all squads now assault the beam from all sides. No Harbinger anywhere to be found, as the beam has its own fortifications. The scores from all previous decisions now come into play. No squadmate that is left is safe. Any/all can now die horrible deaths. The teams attack from 3 sides (or two if you have lost the scout team). The aim is getting Shepard to a control mechanism of sorts by any means necessary. The death scenes of squadmates are shown here, as is Sheps reactions to each and every one of them. The fleet can now attack the reapers.
When everything is done and Shepard de-activates the beam, then Shepards mental confrontation with Harbinger can begin - against the backdrop of utter slaughter, including the slaughter of your remaining crewmates, the fleet, and the destruction of the SR2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:13 pm

IMO, there's no way to make it work.  It's simply a flawed design from the word go.  We control one human and our enemy is a galactic invasion fleet of Great Old Ones.  There's simply no way to make a proper showdown work.  The scale of their power is too great.  The lowliest Reaper could kill Shepard with little more than a thought at a whim.  Canonically, Reaper aim is perfect.  Every shot is a perfect hit because they understand and can measure all factors in physics which will effect the shot and their time dilation lets them take a year to line up a shot in a the span of a nanosecond if they so wish.  (This is not just me making shit up, this is mentioned in a Karpyshyn book.

How can there be a satisfying showdown when Shepard possesses no way to even begin to harm a Reaper capital ship and, as Sovereign aptly put it, Shepard only exists because the Reapers allow it?

I love Mass Effect, don't get me wrong, but a satisfying showdown was never going to happen.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:58 am

not a satisfying showdown, more like one that makes more sense I suppose.

More fun than watching choose wisely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:56 pm

dorktainian wrote:not a satisfying showdown, more like one that makes more sense I suppose.

I remember when I was 10, I ran into this outward facing corner in the kitchen doorway and I was barefoot.  My pinky toe went one direction and the rest went another.  It was literally just hanging there by a flap of skin.  You could see the broken bone and everything.  At the ER, before they set it they gave me this injection of painkiller.  This was 1991 and apparently they hadn't yet involved basic logic into anesthetics so they did this by inserting literally the biggest needle I'd ever seen directly into the wound.  It hurt far more than the initial break did.  By the time the doctor got done with the drug shootings and had time to set my bone, the anesthetic had worn off but I didn't want anymore anyway.  It took him 4 attempts to set it properly.  The sheer fucking agony of it all, if I live to be a thousand I'll never forget it.

That night was more fun than watching Choose Wisely.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:10 am

and the really bad part of that is that despite everything, Choose Wisely Theory still makes a lot more sense than the Literal interpretation of Mass Effect 3's ending.

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele on Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Good God Rif, holy shit. You're ... wow.
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:13 am

dorktainian wrote:and the really bad part of that is that despite everything, Choose Wisely Theory still makes a lot more sense than the Literal interpretation of Mass Effect 3's ending.

Of course it does. Disney movies make more sense than literal. That's not to say CW is likely or even well thought out. It's like going to North Korea and saying "the quality of life here is better than Sub-Saharan Africa." That may be, but it's still fucking awful.

CSSteele wrote:Good God Rif, holy shit. You're ... wow.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Terramine on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:25 am

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:not a satisfying showdown, more like one that makes more sense I suppose.

I remember when I was 10, I ran into this outward facing corner in the kitchen doorway and I was barefoot.  My pinky toe went one direction and the rest went another.  It was literally just hanging there by a flap of skin.  You could see the broken bone and everything.  At the ER, before they set it they gave me this injection of painkiller.  This was 1991 and apparently they hadn't yet involved basic logic into anesthetics so they did this by inserting literally the biggest needle I'd ever seen directly into the wound.  It hurt far more than the initial break did.  By the time the doctor got done with the drug shootings and had time to set my bone, the anesthetic had worn off but I didn't want anymore anyway.  It took him 4 attempts to set it properly.  The sheer fucking agony of it all, if I live to be a thousand I'll never forget it.

That night was more fun than watching Choose Wisely.
I think we all just learned the experience that turned a man named Rif into a grumpy ass honeybadger.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
Terramine
Destroyer

http://Tumblr Blog: terraminelightvoid.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top