My Review on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Review on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Post by Master Blaster on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:54 am

I just got back form watching the movie and i have to say it was very great! I felt that the fast scenes were not really that messy. the "forcing in" characters wasn't really forced. Heck the cameos were well interrogated, and overall the characters were great. There is humor in this film, there is slow scenes to throw you back into the fight. the first half is not really boring as many critics say just conflicting in theme wise, and some audience reviews for it keeps you entertained while you look that what is happening. There are multiple scenes in which involve you to understand that some are not real.

Batman isn't on a killing spree as many critics, and ( a good portion of nolan/arkham) batman fans claim it to be. It is clearly shown that the times batman does "kill" are scenes that have been called knight-mare scenes. When you see him fight terrorist it isn't his fault that the the enemy's decide to keep using attack after batman immobilize them. and the so called 'stab scene' was not really a big deal. there is a scene later that CLEARLY shows a true stab that went lower would look like.

Now the bat wing and bat mobile scenes may be called into question yet it can be said batman doesn't due this for he just doesn't care rather than he is doing what needs to be done. The set up for the fight with superman and batman made sense. Batman doesn't want to murder superman at all yet as the film goes on he starts to see reports that superman is starting to go too far and it doesn't help that a certain someone is pulling these two heroes to collide.

Gal Gadot is rather good. she pulls of the lines without hearing the thick accent throughout the film mostly. She played a nice role that in the end pays off. Lex Luthor Jr. i will admit is a bit more joker/riddler version yet he does play a good role and brings a nice performance that is new. the ending scene with him and a certain character really shows how far he has gone and a big tease that the end is coming.

Superman is the true start of this film. While he viewed as a monster as the movie progresses in the end all of that can be sums up upon how the world will view him. This is a nice continuation of Superman's character development and fighting self doubt about how the world viewers him. You see the emotions running through him and has the best scene in the whole movie.

Now there are problems with the films editing in a certain scene in which involves lois yet it doesn't take away much. there is a few cheesy moments, and one big one that is really sticking out yet overall there is humor, if you can get past the fast cut scenes in the beginning that just tell minor story's that build towards the plot then you will love this movie/ really like it. Problem is though if you are a big DC fan to the core and are zealous about using a  few comic book story's into one movie then chances are you are going to dislike it. I will way the theater i was in cried in a few scenes and laughed in various parts of the film.

Overall i say go watch this movie on your own terms for it does at least deserve your judgment yet not from just critics, audience, and myself but from your own prospective.  Granted i am sure Rif and some other members will say other wise yet if you are wondering on watching this movie then i say go do it. Go in with your own expectations or not. Chances are you will either love it, find it alright, or find it bad. For me and many others in the theater i was in it was a great experience and i hope you will all have that same feeling.

Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Re: My Review on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Post by Rifneno on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:51 am

Master Blaster wrote:Chances are you will either love it, find it alright, or find it bad.

Thanks for narrowing it down for us. Yes, those are the 3 possible reactions to pretty much anything. Liking it, not liking it, or not having strong feelings either way.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Holy shit. An interesting reveal today. Early in the movie a guy gets shot in the face in front of a horrified Lois Lane. They never bothered to name the character though because he wasn't really important.

Synder revealed his name in an interview today. It was Jimmy Olsen.

The 3rd biggest character in the Superman franchise gets shot in the face without even an introduction. And I thought Synder's writing was putrid shit before. OMFG. He said that his vision of the franchise doesn't have room for Olsen "but we still could have some fun with him". So he had some "fun" with Olsen. I sincerely hope something "fun" happens to Snyder's career.

I didn't think there could ever be a worse Superman movie than Superman III, but BvS has done it. To think, all the talented writers out there that are working 9 to 5 jobs because they can't catch a break, and this negative talent cunt is making a blockbuster.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:35 pm

Rifneno wrote:Holy shit.  An interesting reveal today.  Early in the movie a guy gets shot in the face in front of a horrified Lois Lane.  They never bothered to name the character though because he wasn't really important.

Synder revealed his name in an interview today.  It was Jimmy Olsen.

The 3rd biggest character in the Superman franchise gets shot in the face without even an introduction.  And I thought Synder's writing was putrid shit before.  OMFG.  He said that his vision of the franchise doesn't have room for Olsen "but we still could have some fun with him".  So he had some "fun" with Olsen.  I sincerely hope something "fun" happens to Snyder's career.

Snyder really does seem to want to be crowned Grand Edgelord of Grimdarkia doesn't he.
I confess I've been taking perverse pleasure in the critical mauling of BvS. I didn't care for Man of Steel's disjointed editing or miserable tone, so I hope Warner Brothers rethinks its direction for the DC universe.

I didn't think there could ever be a worse Superman movie than Superman III, but BvS has done it.
What about Superman IV? The one that showcased Superman's little known power of wall-rebuilding vision?
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by ericformans_sisterisdead on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:49 pm

As a huge dc fan this movie left a bad taste in my mouth. Like holy shit they put four different movies into one. I cant believe at the end they went there when they barley established superman as a hero!!!!! And jimmy olsen are you fucking kiddding me!!!! Superman is now a plot device from here on in they took a shit and pissed all over him. And i liked man of steel but what they did to him in this fuuuckkk. Id rather see costner running into 4 tornadoes then watch some of the things that happened in this movie..... And batman holy crap...... HES NOT SUPPOSED TO KILL or be a fucking idiot. Batman is a master detective like wtf dude hes a moron. Worse then lois throwing spear in water moron level. Did you not see superman saving all these ppl in the news and you wanted to impale in with a spear for a reason i still have no idea why? Batman looked sick and was badass but they shit all over him to. There was no reason he had to blow up cars with ppl inside it. His body count was +10 common thugs. Yet he wants to kill superman? Yeah shit got a little crazy in man of steel but you just ignore all the good he did. And then you dont kill him cause of your moms having the same name? The batman i know woulda known that shit already put a tracker on supermans cape when they first met when he ripped open the batmobile, the real batman woulda not blown up the russian to save martha... i just cant believe how fuckin stupid he was. So he blows up common thugs does that me killed the joker after he kills robin? How do you do a redhood movie now? I heard thats where they wanted to go. I could rant for hours how awful lex luthor was. But wait hes not even lex hes his son alex but he becomes bald ppl will refer to him as lex but hes really alex like wtf? The acting was awful...your not joker eisberg. One of the worst casting decisions i have ever seen. I didnt know jolley ranchers were so fucking intimidating. You know a movie is awful when you get batman and superman on screen together for the first time and alfred and wonder woman who has 10 lines are better. Holy shit batman was a fucking idiot.......I wouldnt be suprised if justice league part one has darkseid brainiac evil superman all into one. I mean why not you rushed doomsday and one of the biggest superman stories , fuck im sure theyll add anti monitor to and make it a crisis storyline to!!! Now for the next ten years the dc cinematic universe to me is a car crash. Its a fucking mess yet im not gna be able to look away goddamn you warner bros!!!!!

Idgaf about spelling errors or grammar im not writing a college essay im venting typing on a phone so if you read all that i apologize.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:53 am

Eryri wrote:
Snyder really does seem to want to be crowned Grand Edgelord of Grimdarkia doesn't he.

I confess I've been taking perverse pleasure in the critical mauling of BvS. I didn't care for Man of Steel's disjointed editing or miserable tone, so I hope Warner Brothers rethinks its direction for the DC universe.

I hope they outright fire Snyder and as much as I make fun of DC for their non-stop reboots, they need to reboot.  You can't salvage this 3edgy5me kroganshit.

What about Superman IV? The one that showcased Superman's little known power of wall-rebuilding vision?

I liked parts of Superman IV.  I know, I know.  But the fights with Nuclear Man really amused me as a kid.  I especially liked how Lex Luthor, the smartest man alive, is constantly getting outsmarted by Superman but this time Superman gets outsmarted by Nuclear Man when they were playing catch with the Statue of Liberty.  So the greatest genius gets outsmarted by a merely smart man, who in turn gets outsmarted by someone who is mildly retarded.  The irony amused me, even if it isn't what they intended.

On the other hand, hearing Christopher Reeve talk about nuclear weapons for 2 fucking hours wore really thin.  Usually the Clark Kent portions are longer than the Superman portions and that's fine.  But these weren't Clark Kent portions, these were Christopher Reeve portions and no sane person would've argued with the conclusion that nuclear weapons are bad since it was released at full Cold War era.  I just don't see what the point was.

I don't mind the wall-rebuilding vision.  Well, I mean I do mind it, but it's a recurring theme throughout the Reeve movies that Superman randomly gets nonsensical powers whenever it's convenient.  Superman II was one of the most beloved superhero movies of all time, and he got several random stupor powers in that.  Just off the top of my head, the disappearing cellophane "S" and his memory-rewriting kiss powers.

ericformans_sisterisdead wrote:Idgaf about spelling errors or grammar im not writing a college essay im venting typing on a phone so if you read all that i apologize.

Don't worry, it was still better written than BvS.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Somebody somewhere told Zack Snyder to make a prelude to a Justice League movie, he then proceeded to completely fuck it up. Seriously, what was he thinking?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:33 pm

dorktainian wrote:Somebody somewhere told Zack Snyder to make a prelude to a Justice League movie, he then proceeded to completely fuck it up.  Seriously, what was he thinking?

He made the rookie mistake of not writing the billion dollar movie before doing all of the cocaine in California with his paycheck for writing the billion dollar movie.  You see, the human body may be made up of 60% water, but when it's also 30% high-grade cocaine then that particular person isn't going to be bringing their A game.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:39 pm

You know what would be a good job for Snyder after the Supreme Court legally bans him from writing anything more than a grocery list?  Razor endorsements.  Just picture it.  "Hi, I'm Zack Snyder and I'm here to talk to you about Gillette® razors.  This is a quality edge whose gritty cut will leave you smooth as a baby's bottom.  Take my word for it!  I'm Zack Snyder, and nobody knows edge like I do!"

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:58 pm

dorktainian wrote:Somebody somewhere told Zack Snyder to make a prelude to a Justice League movie, he then proceeded to completely fuck it up.  Seriously, what was he thinking?
And how did they introduce the Justice League?, by showing some video files in a computer. wow
Aquaman was so awkward. He was there for 10 seconds and it was 10 seconds to many, just to make sure the audience knew it was that guy from Game of Thrones. Also he was crealy holding his breath even though he´s supposed to be able to breath underwater.

Spoiler:
If that guy that came out of Batman's computer is the Flash from the future and not just a dream it would be so cool and it would seem like Warner has some sort of plan for the future and not just making shit up as they go

Also rumor is that they´re making reshoots for Suicide Squad to add some jokes because they showed all the comedy in the second trailer and the rest is just grimdark

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top