(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Hipster Jack

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Wahnsinn on Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:07 am

https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-mass-effect-andromeda-pop-s
So, I am assuming that those characters are already so
cult so iconic so great and bla bla that we should pre order those "awesome" figurines. Oh wait there is more  http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/01/31/mcfarlane-reveals-female-ryder-mass-effect-andromeda-figure.aspx
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:49 am

There are already "mega fans" for Liam, Cora, Vetra, Drack....and everyone else. What the actual fuck!? The game hasn't been even released to know anything about them to start forming deep fan-ships for these characters. With groupies like those of course Bioware can sell the game plenty.

The quality of the fansbase is clearly beyond repair. SMH
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:56 am

windsurfing wrote:There are already "mega fans" for Liam, Cora, Vetra, Drack....and everyone else. What the actual fuck!? The game hasn't been even released to know anything about them to start forming deep fan-ships for these characters. With groupies like those of course Bioware can sell the game plenty.

The quality of the fansbase is clearly beyond repair. SMH

Fanbase provides a valued base of sales, but they don't even remotely make EA reach sales targets. In the end it'll matter more about how the casual onlooker sees these characters than how fans squeeeeee about them (and their shippings).

crash23
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:35 am

crash23 wrote:

Fanbase provides a valued base of sales, but they don't even remotely make EA reach sales targets. In the end it'll matter more about how the casual onlooker sees these characters than how fans squeeeeee about them (and their shippings).

Of course which is what happened to Dead Space, whatever was left of its fanbase was still sort of happy to get more but EA wasn't impressed with the ROI. This SJWs bullshit that Bioware are banking on so heavily wont help rake in the profits if the game can't stand on pure merit. Depending on casuals won't help either because those players mostly don't care for the lore, logic or anything. For casuals it's just another game to kill time. More sensible yet passionate fanbase is what drives others to consider trying out the franchise.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:01 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:If the Reapers wanted to go to Andromeda they could and probably would.

I would honestly be suprised if they havent.

By the time they arrive in andromeda, the reaper war is long over. Whether ME3 happened or was a dream, the endings still apply. Either the reapers are destroyed, controlled OR synthesis happened. Or dumb Shep chose refusal and a reaper fleet is on the way. Laughing

The black hole and the floating stones might be a forwarning of a kind of dark energy plot return.

And seeing hints of ties between Cerberus and Andromeda initiative pile up made me chuckle. I've been telling you all the time. cheers

There is no space magic, it's called reaper/leviathan tech.

Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:05 am

Master Blaster wrote:
ZerebusPrime wrote:Yes, something is supposed to cause the human ship to lag behind the rest.  Given the distance and total trip time, showing up 10+ years late should not be shocking.

Which I call bullshit for the sake of plot and money currency system in the galaxy.....Rather see a system of trade base center than credits since oh no others had time to colonize a already populated galaxy that looks like they are STILL not as advance as the milky way despite the fact as far as we know there are NO signs of Reapers ever going to that galaxy/ had a VERY VERY VERY .....(1B very's later)  long time to be super advance that no matter what the milky way had on them it would be shit.

Unless Bioware pulls a Krogan on us about "technology changed us" and each race had all out war then....whatever bioware.

I'm sorry I don't get what you intend to tell us.

Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:12 am

vlad78 wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:If the Reapers wanted to go to Andromeda they could and probably would.

By the time they arrive in andromeda, the reaper war is long over. Whether ME3 happened or was a dream, the endings still apply. Either the reapers are destroyed, controlled OR synthesis happened. Or dumb Shep chose refusal and a reaper fleet is on the way.  Laughing

It was more a comment on how I find it unlikely that the Reapers have kept their shenanigans to one galaxy. I dont expect there to be Reapers in Andromeda, but counting out Reaper tech just because it is a different galaxy is an entirely different matter.

After all the Reapers have 50.000 years between cycles in the Milky Way. Plenty of time to do a hop out to a few other galaxies for a harvest.

Last edited by Raistlin Majere on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:19 am

Or not even necessarily the 'Harvest' precisely, but even just other sorts of experiments, ranging from intriguing to utterly disgusting. Dunno.

crash23
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:09 am

If it flies (A LITTLE) like a Reaper (ODSY)...

and processes and communicates (A LITTLE) like a Reaper (Pathfinder/SAM)...

It might be a... you know.

Nothing familiar going on at all here.

Have a pleasant day. (Oh yeah, she's back. Doesn't remind us at all about how one good thing was really another bad thing. Right.)

crash23
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:58 am

Raistlin Majere wrote:
vlad78 wrote:

By the time they arrive in andromeda, the reaper war is long over. Whether ME3 happened or was a dream, the endings still apply. Either the reapers are destroyed, controlled OR synthesis happened. Or dumb Shep chose refusal and a reaper fleet is on the way.  Laughing

It was more a comment on how I find it unlikely that the Reapers have kept their shenanigans to one galaxy. I dont expect there to be Reapers in Andromeda, but counting out Reaper tech just because it is a different galaxy is an entirely different matter.

After all the Reapers have 50.000 years between cycles in the Milky Way. Plenty of time to do a hop out to a few other galaxies for a harvest.

I think the question resolve around asking if leviathan did try to extend his realm outside of our galaxy.
In the leviathan dlc, he explicitely said the AI (or probably him and the reapers) are using the galaxy as an experiment. OUR galaxy as an experiment.

We also know reapers do reach dark space. But we know nothing else.

BTW I find the idea of dating the presumed daughter of the elusive man reaaaaally funny.

Let me introduce you to my daddy. oops.

Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by CSSteele on Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:35 pm

They've had this so underwraps, I can't help but .. well, Hope really, that the end turns out that the whole thing is a Reaper simulation of some sort, that FINALLY gives us resolution. Yes, I know holding onto that kind of hope is foolhardy, but I loved how the series started so much that I'm just ... too optimistic I guess.
CSSteele
Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:22 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean, but honestly right now that sounds like a pipe dream.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Wahnsinn on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Guys, yesterday I have posted a short ironic info about some upcoming figurines from ME: Andromeda. Today I was quite bored, so I went to the bioware blog for my daily dose of bullshit (das war ein witz - that was a joke), but seriously I have checked their site and I saw .......  some fan arts ... cosplays  ALREADY ?!?!? AL-FUCKING-READY !!! What the hell is going on ??!?!  just pure Idiocracy   , what sane people know about that characters?
hmmm Hard to say, that's a really hard question, the tough one , but let me guess .... The only things we know about them are from promo shit materials. So people have no idea who they really are but they like them so much already that they need to drew them and do cosplay ?  just look at that BS http://blog.bioware.com/
verdammt , there are too many things about that game that are so shitty and that is making me to think that we are actually in some fucking weird dream.
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:35 am

vs

Yeah, there's a start of a tendril from SAM's center to SAM's lower left side when you watch him in motion, but honestly visual representations are arbitrary.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:18 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:

vs

Yeah, there's a start of a tendril from SAM's center to SAM's lower left side when you watch him in motion, but honestly visual representations are arbitrary.

Nope. It's totally relevant AND Vigil on Ilos had the same kind of subtle lightnings / tendrils in his center.

Last edited by vlad78 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Don't get your hopes up, it is no longer a well thought out plot, none of your wishful connections are going to be of any fruitful purpose. The most you can expect is more Cerberus annoyance if any. This train wreck of a plot to run to Andromeda is all you need to know it's a steaming pile of shit.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by vlad78 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:15 pm

windsurfing wrote:Don't get your hopes up, it is no longer a well thought out plot, none of your wishful connections are going to be of any fruitful purpose. The most you can expect is more Cerberus annoyance if any. This train wreck of a plot to run to Andromeda is all you need to know it's a steaming pile of shit.

We'll see in the end. Laughing

Nemesis

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:14 pm

I wouldn't look too much into this. You've only seen a fraction of the game.

It's like forming an opinion from a 2 minute movie trailer, rather than the whole 2 hour movie. It's not supposed to tell you the whole story.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:20 pm

ZP, I see what you mean, but it's too early to delve into these things.

What are you doing anyway? Trying to get our hopes up and stuff. Angry Fistwave

lol

Here's another Cerberus theory video for those who are bored:

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Pessimism is counter to my nature. alien
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:59 pm

The pessimist says it can't get any worse.

The optimist says it can.

It's my favourite paradox.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:27 am

While the mood is 'mildly' optimistic, may as well try and be a lightning rod / volunteer fool for some scorn and cynicism

So on that note, how much do we actually know about the new IP Bioware Edmonton have been working on since they finished working on ME3?
Its been 4 and a half years with nary a stray tweet, blogpost, screenshot of what has been worked on, or even confirmation of the genre / timeframe for when it takes place (Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Modern/Alt-history?).
All of which is either pretty incredible discipline (or a stunning lack of progress) for a studio / HQ employing upwards of 200 people at that location.

I am absolutely not saying that this studio may have been working on an extension of the Mass Effect universe, leading on directly from ME3, in secret, ever since Mr. Gamble suggested people should keep a hold of their ME3 saves.
I am also not not saying that.
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:02 am

It's not an RPG, I know that much. I think it's an action-adventure game.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Valsamon wrote:
So on that note, how much do we actually know about the new IP Bioware Edmonton have been working on since they finished working on ME3?

I haven't heard anything about the world it's set in, but I have heard that it's some sort of co-op game with a stress on cooperation between a pair of players (or more). I'd be disappointed if it were some sort of multiplayer-only Mass Effect because I love single player story-driven games, but hey...
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top