(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:55 pm

windsurfing wrote:Meanwhile more common sense in this piece of work:


*dries tears*

My god, that was so damn funny, I thought I'd die laughing!

_________________
"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
avatar
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2013-01-08
Location : Probing Uranus

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:46 am

windsurfing wrote:Meanwhile more common sense in this piece of work:


As funny as it is to laugh at that, it's probably true. God Bioware have devolved to Joke Company status.

_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Catalyst

Posts : 3499
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Valsamon on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:11 am

Well that was two weeks I wont get back.
Apologies if this just tails off into incoherence - i think i may be angrier now than i was 5 years ago.
At least then I had been playing a very good game just before the wheels came off.

Random reactions:

Writing throughout veers from 'meh' to just insultingly bad.

Truely confounding decisions with animations (lazy algorithms, twitchy eyeballs, camera sometimes has a mind of it's own in conversations) Fun aside: patch went live tonight, and i swear my custom Ryder now looks like hes addicted to Klonopin

The most generic and un-intimidating main 'villain' in recent memory.

Introduction to the Angara has to be seen to be believed, its that badly staged and written.  Angara themselves are perfectly in sync with the rest of the game (ETERNAL, UNENDINGLY DULL)

1200 lines of recorded dialogue, producing not one character i could really give a shit about.
(They could have made the team 6 clones of Jacob Taylor, and I would have been more invested)

Gameplay that takes tropes from each of the first 3 games.. AND MADE THEM ALL WORSE
'Bored by driving a MAKO around mostly empty skyboxes? What if we constantly airdrop in groups of enemies every 5 yards? Or added hostile animals which - no matter the planet - all look and act EXACTLY the same'
'Frustrated at scanning planets for minerals from space, using your mouse to locate the best spot? You'll find it much easier to do from inside a moving vehicle, while driving up the side of a cliff'
'You are the shining light, the hero on whose shoulders all our hopes rest; Godspeed in your endeavours! Although, if you're going to be going out anyway, can i give you these 10 shopping lists to complete?'
'What could make a competent 3rd person cover shooter even better you ask? Why a twitchy dodge mechanic and jumpjet of course! But wait, we'll also give you a camera that sits 4 inches off your fucking shoulder when you have a weapon equipped - because who needs to know where they're dodging to right? Its not as if we'll add random patches of electrocution water to every late game combat area'

'Hmm. The internet is throwing a hyperbolic shit-fit about this Peebee character's appearance, what should we do?'
'What if me made all the other Asari characters who arent Peebee look exactly the same as each other?'
'Surely you don't mean exact..'
'EXACTLY THE SAME'

Weirdest thing - i now want to play ME3 again, ending and all. At least the game itself will feel genuine.

ME-A is crushingly dull fan-fiction, written by commitee.
It feels like an exercise in corporate cynicism.
I cannot fathom how $40 million can produce something that feels this cheap.
I don't regret giving it a chance, but i am entirely dissapointed.


It can, occasionally, be very pretty. Some of the combat was alright.
avatar
Valsamon
Pod Crab

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 35
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by TurianRebel212 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:09 am

I'm playing ME3 again for the insanity achievement. Gotta say, despite its major issues, ME3 is a good game. It is. Miles above Andromeda. ME3 suffers from its terribad ending, lack of ME2 characters and only 1 hub world and silly fetch quests. But it's still a good game. It still does many things well.


Not Andromeda tho. Not even multiplayer. ME3s multiplayer is way better to. Andromeda is a shitshow.

_________________
We fight or we die. I choose to be free. I choose to rid the galaxy of monsters. I choose destroy.
avatar
TurianRebel212
Banshee

Posts : 1806
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : In the dreamscape.

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:45 am

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/04/10/mass-effect-andromeda-has-its-first-great-fan-theory-about-vetra-nyx/#4a6165de3bb5

Ugh on the writer thinking IT was disproven.
avatar
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Posts : 838
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by magnetite on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:08 am

Paul Tassi is indoctrinated.
avatar
magnetite
Brute

Posts : 709
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 33
Location : Calgary, AB, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:47 am

magnetite wrote:Paul Tassi is indoctrinated.

Nah. He's just a prat.

_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Catalyst

Posts : 3499
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Eryri on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:33 pm





avatar
Eryri
Phantom

Posts : 1178
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 39
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Fur28 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:49 pm


_________________
I Love Selim Heart
Anti-Shield Drill (Super Effective against the Ultimate Shield)

Fur28
Commando

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Mexico

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Maximus on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Fur28 wrote:Insert *Indoc_Theory_Vid.mp4* here...

Dem razors for only 1$$$, tho...

_________________
"And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend."
avatar
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Posts : 546
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Europe

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:57 pm

And from this point forward Ventboy shall be known as Hoodie McBiscuit.
avatar
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Posts : 838
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by crash23 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:18 pm

"but didn't Bioware deny Indoctrination Theory?"

Did they ever? This keeps spreading around, and I want to know whether to be annoyed at the ignorance or to just acknowledge their point.

To my knowledge, they only said it was a valid interpretation, that its a way they may play their Shepards, and how there may be more to the format of the ending than it seems. That's not a confirmation, but its far from a denial. At worst, it practically sounds like Bioware not intending 'IT' specifically (ok), but always keeping their options open for lucrative storylines. At worst, it sounds like they may be mocking IT(ers), but that's still not a denial.

crash23
LOKI

Posts : 87
Join date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:36 pm

What BioWare said was that the game speaks for itself.

And boy does it.
avatar
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Posts : 838
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Eryri on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:03 am

The only time I can remember when the question was directly put to a Bioware employee was with a video of Mike Gamble at a convention during the immediate aftermath of the ending. I can't recall his exact words but they were along the lines of "our fans are very imaginative" and "we wouldn't want to tell anyone that their interpretation was wrong."  (Don't hold me to that though as it was five years ago.) Very non-committal either way. I do remember he seemed very uncomfortable during that panel. He never said "Shepard was absolutely not being indoctrinated", and just because the fans were imaginative doesn't mean they weren't right.

On the plus side, there's a healthy ratio of likes to dislikes on that video. Maybe the IT isn't as 'hated' as some on the BSN would like to believe.
avatar
Eryri
Phantom

Posts : 1178
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 39
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by KneeTheCap on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:34 pm

crash23 wrote:"but didn't Bioware deny Indoctrination Theory?"

Did they ever? This keeps spreading around, and I want to know whether to be annoyed at the ignorance or to just acknowledge their point.

To my knowledge, they only said it was a valid interpretation, that its a way they may play their Shepards, and how there may be more to the format of the ending than it seems. That's not a confirmation, but its far from a denial. At worst, it practically sounds like Bioware not intending 'IT' specifically (ok), but always keeping their options open for lucrative storylines. At worst, it sounds like they may be mocking IT(ers), but that's still not a denial.

Every time I ask for a source when someone claims this, they never give it. Maybe the source's been lost in time? :D

Also, hi everyone. Been a while.
avatar
KneeTheCap
Husk

Posts : 158
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 33
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by crash23 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Eryri wrote:The only time I can remember when the question was directly put to a Bioware employee was with a video of Mike Gamble at a convention during the immediate aftermath of the ending. I can't recall his exact words but they were along the lines of "our fans are very imaginative" and "we wouldn't want to tell anyone that their interpretation was wrong."  (Don't hold me to that though as it was five years ago.) Very non-committal either way. I do remember he seemed very uncomfortable during that panel. He never said "Shepard was absolutely not being indoctrinated", and just because the fans were imaginative doesn't mean they weren't right.

On the plus side, there's a healthy ratio of likes to dislikes on that video. Maybe the IT isn't as 'hated' as some on the BSN would like to believe.

Their remarks strike me as a mix of "ITers are wrong and we're trying to let them down softly" and "ITers are way too right for us to be on record to deny them."

crash23
LOKI

Posts : 87
Join date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Raistlin Majere on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:39 pm

KneeTheCap wrote:
crash23 wrote:"but didn't Bioware deny Indoctrination Theory?"

Did they ever? This keeps spreading around, and I want to know whether to be annoyed at the ignorance or to just acknowledge their point.

To my knowledge, they only said it was a valid interpretation, that its a way they may play their Shepards, and how there may be more to the format of the ending than it seems. That's not a confirmation, but its far from a denial. At worst, it practically sounds like Bioware not intending 'IT' specifically (ok), but always keeping their options open for lucrative storylines. At worst, it sounds like they may be mocking IT(ers), but that's still not a denial.

Every time I ask for a source when someone claims this, they never give it. Maybe the source's been lost in time? :D

Also, hi everyone. Been a while.

My reaction as well. Ask for a source. Chances are it does not exist since we have not seen it.

_________________
Heroes get Remembered, but Legends never Die.
avatar
Raistlin Majere
N7

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by magnetite on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:09 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:What BioWare said was that the game speaks for itself.

And boy does it.

Here
avatar
magnetite
Brute

Posts : 709
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 33
Location : Calgary, AB, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Man dat GameTheory vid tho. Feels a bit bare bone even for a first part. Compared to other peeps attempts to address the theory. But I really love how the dude ALWAYS manages to make the best and most powerful points. So this actually is a really good and powerful thing as far as the IT debate goes.

Not that it matters much anymore but. Then again. We probs will be discussin this theory


Last edited by TerramineLightvoid on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
TerramineLightvoid
Pyjak

Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Type 7, Omniverse

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:11 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:And from this point forward Ventboy shall be known as Hoodie McBiscuit.
Lmao he managed to trump Starboy, Starbinger, etc.
avatar
TerramineLightvoid
Pyjak

Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Type 7, Omniverse

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:55 am

http://screenrant.com/every-mass-effect-squadmate-including-andromeda-ranked-worst-to-best/?view=all
avatar
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Posts : 838
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:19 am

Anderson was suspect because he had been on Earth for however long. Could've been forced by indoc to call off the order to charge the beam while simultaneously entering so he can be used to manipulate Shepard. Which would also explain how Anderson got in, in the first place, ahead of Shep. If Harbinger just let him in to begin with.

Just figured I would drop this here. Because funny enough it is somethin we kind of glossed over before. A compelling reason for why Anderson bein indoctrinated makes sense.

_________________
Life is chaos itself. Organisms appear and evolve as a mere byproduct of thermodynamics.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
avatar
TerramineLightvoid
Pyjak

Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-03-25
Age : 23
Location : Type 7, Omniverse

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:51 am

I was playing through ME1 the other day and somethng kinda struck me in regards to the Crucible. Let's assume TIM, Anderson and Shepard are Indoctrinated shall we? Next assume the Crucible is not some magic wand of a colour generator, but is the power source the citadel requires to activate it's dark space relay. Could the scenario I mentioned mean that no matter the ending the reapers win because the relay to darkspace is always activated? Maybe the reaper under construction on the citadel was complete and the choice was just to decide it's personality?

IT is still better but I got the feeling playing ME1 that the citadel would need a lot of power to open the dark space relay.



OK maybe one too many brain farts. God Andromeda is BAAAAAD!!!

_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Catalyst

Posts : 3499
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by ZerebusPrime on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Well, dork, like I said in another thread, only this time with minor grammatical corrections:

The Scourge is the result of an interstellar (possibly galactic) scale dark matter super weapon designed to target the technology of an advanced alien race that treats their galaxy like a laboratory and whose motives may be unknowable.

Sound familiar?

ME:A may be the worst Mass Effect game of all four Mass Effect games sans DLC so far, but shades of ME3 are littered throughout it.

I will point out that the Scourge Event seems to have occurred within a hundred years of when the Crucible would have been activated.  The particulars of both things are murky; we can't trust what we see at the end of ME3 and the codex on the Scourge is stated to be an estimate.  Nevertheless, that's a huge amount of dark energy being slung around in a pair of neighboring galaxies in a relatively short time frame.

This can work out in a number of ways, narratively:

A.  Not at all.

B.  The dark space relay could easily be part of a relay system bridging the gap between the two galaxies, in which case the Crucible event chain could chain react into Andromeda and screw up the Jardaan because reasons.  In this case, Andromeda has been scorched because of our actions at the end of ME3.  I will note that no one has mentioned anything about mass relays in Andromeda thus far, so this is a long shot.

C: Both the Scourge Event weapon and the Crucible are based off of similar designs.  The Reapers and Jardaan are connected, at least at the tech level.

D: Something I haven't thought of.

In both B and C, the Milky Way may now be filled with Scourge.
avatar
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Posts : 838
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:41 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Well, dork, like I said in another thread, only this time with minor grammatical corrections:

The Scourge is the result of an interstellar (possibly galactic) scale dark matter super weapon designed to target the technology of an advanced alien race that treats their galaxy like a laboratory and whose motives may be unknowable.

Sound familiar?

ME:A may be the worst Mass Effect game of all four Mass Effect games sans DLC so far, but shades of ME3 are littered throughout it.

I will point out that the Scourge Event seems to have occurred within a hundred years of when the Crucible would have been activated.  The particulars of both things are murky; we can't trust what we see at the end of ME3 and the codex on the Scourge is stated to be an estimate.  Nevertheless, that's a huge amount of dark energy being slung around in a pair of neighboring galaxies in a relatively short time frame.

This can work out in a number of ways, narratively:

A.  Not at all.

B.  The dark space relay could easily be part of a relay system bridging the gap between the two galaxies, in which case the Crucible event chain could chain react into Andromeda and screw up the Jardaan because reasons.  In this case, Andromeda has been scorched because of our actions at the end of ME3.  I will note that no one has mentioned anything about mass relays in Andromeda thus far, so this is a long shot.

C: Both the Scourge Event weapon and the Crucible are based off of similar designs.  The Reapers and Jardaan are connected, at least at the tech level.

D: Something I haven't thought of.

In both B and C, the Milky Way may now be filled with Scourge.

I always assumed the Scourge was to prevent invasions but what you say could mean it being the opposite. Rather than to prevent invasion of a said galaxy it could keep races trapped on their own planets within the galaxy, ready for ascension or destruction at the hands of whoever is mopping up for the reapers?

I'd like to hope Bioware are clever enough to do that but I don't know if they are.

_________________
avatar
dorktainian
Catalyst

Posts : 3499
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum