(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by Der Wahnsinn on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Valsamon wrote:stuff ... ever since Mr. Gamble suggested people should keep a hold of their ME3 saves.
I am also not not saying that.

To be honest, that new IP or whatever this is, is something that will end up in the trash or will be some kind of DLC to Andromeda and later they will say that this was their project that was supposed to be a new IP, but bla bla bla, something similiar to Dragon Age II DLC, the DLC that was planned as a third one, but was a part of DA:I story. As for any thing they are showing or talking that stuff .... it's just meaningles shit, trolling nothing more. Too pessimistic ? Yes, probably, but after almost five years they haven't showed to us anything specific. Yes IT is a very strong point, way to start own journey through world of shit and that is ME3 ending and it's aftermath.
You know, I would really like to be wrong, just grumpy fuck, that is bitching too much. March is coming, expect everything people (most likely everything negative).
Der Wahnsinn
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:12 am

Valsamon wrote:While the mood is 'mildly' optimistic, may as well try and be a lightning rod / volunteer fool for some scorn and cynicism

So on that note, how much do we actually know about the new IP Bioware Edmonton have been working on since they finished working on ME3?
Its been 4 and a half years with nary a stray tweet, blogpost, screenshot of what has been worked on, or even confirmation of the genre / timeframe for when it takes place (Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Modern/Alt-history?).
All of which is either pretty incredible discipline (or a stunning lack of progress) for a studio / HQ employing upwards of 200 people at that location.

I am absolutely not saying that this studio may have been working on an extension of the Mass Effect universe, leading on directly from ME3, in secret, ever since Mr. Gamble suggested people should keep a hold of their ME3 saves.
I am also not not saying that.

It hasn't been 4 and a half years. At least for that one. They told us about a secret new IP that long ago, but the one they were referring to at that time was what would later be announced as Shadow Realms. And we all know how that turned out.

Der Wahnsinn wrote:something similiar to Dragon Age II DLC, the DLC that was planned as a third one, but was a part of DA:I story.

No, it ended up getting canned entirely. The planned DLC was Exalted March, and would feature the Chantry launching a full on crusade exalted march on Kirkwall. For its mages of course, not for their fascist oppression. Have I mentioned lately how the Chantry should be burned to the ground until its very ideals are wiped from history like the vile plague it is? Anyway, Mark of the Assassin sold very poorly. Probably because it was a terrible idea written by a terrible team and featured terrible railroading like forcing Hawke to play nice with a vile shitbag qunari after their jihad on Kirkwall. Or maybe it's because people had learned not to trust them after Legacy and its own brand of terribleness. Who knows? But regardless, Mark of the Vile Shitbad Qunari sold very poorly so EA nixed the next DLC and told them to start work on a third game instead.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:45 am

crash23 wrote:If it flies (A LITTLE) like a Reaper (ODSY)...

and processes and communicates (A LITTLE) like a Reaper (Pathfinder/SAM)...

It might be a... you know.

Nothing familiar going on at all here.

Have a pleasant day. (Oh yeah, she's back. Doesn't remind us at all about how one good thing was really another bad thing. Right.)

cough...reaper...cough.

Didn't the original premise for ME4 have the protagonist flying around in a reaper?

Not dodgy at all that we have a direct link to an AI. Nope not dodgy at all.

So we're going to andromeda and our ship has no weapons.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:47 pm

It's adorable that you guys still think there's >0% chance that this travesty of a game will acknowledge the Reaper war in any meaningful way.

P.S. That thing looks absolutely nothing like a Reaper.  If you really stretch it, maybe some parallels to the Citadel could be made.  But a Reaper?  LOL.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:10 pm

The only thing that slightly intrigues me is the green beam of doom. It's probably nothing.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:40 am

It's ALL probably nothing.

Apparently there was a cut character. They are not, however, offering this character as a paid DLC to add them back into the story this time around.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 am

Rifneno wrote:P.S. That thing looks absolutely nothing like a Reaper.  If you really stretch it, maybe some parallels to the Citadel could be made.  But a Reaper?  LOL.

Chances are they're going to retconn everything before this game, so why would the ship they're in have to look like anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:01 am

[03:57:12] Rifneno : http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk/t631p1025-xl-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-indoctrination-theory-mark-iv#66657 What the fuck is even his point
[03:58:14] RavenEyry : If they retcon what reapers look like, then it looks like a reaper!
[03:58:31] @ Byne : yeah thats what i get from it too

Please tell me that isn't it. Arguments like that are the reason people go crazy and shoot up their school or work.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:40 am

actually no.

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:48 pm

You know Bioware have kept one part of their promise for ME:A, i.e really coming close to being ME1 re-skined. Just about most characters so far can be like for like replaced with a companion or squad mate from ME1 and to some degree ME2.

Liam - Generic Jacob
Cora - Generic Ashley
PeeBee - Generic Liara
Vetra - Generic Garrus
Drack - Generic Wrex
Jaal - generic Thane or Javik or your run of the mill "exotic"
Kallo Jath is the only one who doesn't seem to be a direct fit for Joker, but hold on, that might yet change, Salarians are comedic just by their very being as it is, a more humorous sarcastic Salarian can't be dismissed as a possible drop in replacement for Joker Monroe.

So yeah you have new the Normandy the Tempest, Mako is back aka Nomad ND1. Pretty much a re-skin of sorts, throw in some varied banging choices (apparently that is so important now) and you have your new Mass Effect 1 reboot. Splurge on some ~120USD and you get some booster packs for Multiplayer. Sounds like a steal eh?
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:14 pm

dorktainian wrote:actually no.

Okay then, what did you mean?

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:01 am

Rifneno wrote:
dorktainian wrote:actually no.

Okay then, what did you mean?

a collection of individuals all linked together to an AI who may (or may not)have their interests at heart, and quite possibly has an agenda of its own surely equates to..

"we are each a nation"

not reapers per-se but something being experimented with by a certain well funded ex-black ops group.

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:54 pm

A while back it was established that Andromeda Initiative (Ai) is an open initiative started by well funded privateers and other collaborators, so per se not a classified hush-hush operation. Open invitations to anyone brave enough with the minimum requisites to join the cause.

Now the new dark horse comic Mass Effect: Discovery is about a Turian soldier named Tiran Kandros which states there is something mysterious about the Ai project. A non-classfied project that also seems mysterious, hmm (speculations for everyone, implies Bioware).

Fun fact about that Turian's name. Ring a bell? That has to be Nyreen's brother, her full name was Nyreen Kandros.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:36 pm

windsurfing wrote:A while back it was established that Andromeda Initiative (Ai) is an open initiative started by well funded privateers and other collaborators, so per se not a classified hush-hush operation. Open invitations to anyone brave enough with the minimum requisites to join the cause.

Now the new dark horse comic Mass Effect: Discovery is about a Turian soldier named Tiran Kandros which states there is something mysterious about the Ai project. A non-classfied project that also seems mysterious, hmm (speculations for everyone, implies Bioware).

Fun fact about that Turian's name. Ring a bell? That has to be Nyreen's brother, her full name was Nyreen Kandros.

Well this "open" project is already using an AI, something forbidden under Council law, has developed a revolutionary new drive system and not shared it with anyone else and is apperently so well known and has been running for so long we never even heard a word about it in ME1 and ME2.

Open initiative my ass.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:

Well this "open" project is already using an AI, something forbidden under Council law, has developed a revolutionary new drive system and not shared it with anyone else and is apperently so well known and has been running for so long we never even heard a word about it in ME1 and ME2.

Open initiative my ass.

Maybe thats why it's mysterious. Who would be a rouge in that era to ignore council laws yet well funded to covertly finance something of this scale? Cerberus. Who's the creative director on this thing called ME:A? Yeah.

Good money says the so called Ryder family mystery is some variation of Cerberus involvement.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:37 pm

This made me lol

Jayde Rossi, actress who gave her likeness to female protagonist of Mass Effect Andromeda

The final result from Bioware:

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:20 pm

Dear god, it's like Gollum in a wig!
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:37 pm

I never use the default face for anything. Always customize it.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:39 pm

Way to go, Frostbite engine! Picard Facepalm
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:This made me lol

Jayde Rossi, actress who gave her likeness to female protagonist of Mass Effect Andromeda

The final result from Bioware:

honestly if you look at this, the similarity is astounding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:56 am

The post number with the pics is 66666.  Appropriate.  Only Satan himself could make something go that terribly, horrifically wrong.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by windsurfing on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Yeah that's one ghastly way to insult what Frost Bite 3.0 is capable of.

Aaryn Flynn mislead the press about how Bioware have started to use performance motion capture by omitting to mention it was only for body moments and not the facial details. They cheaped out on that. Thats why the trailers make every human look like a bird while blinking their eyes lids. In the past they used to do the animation sequences by hand, you'd think they'd improve given it is 2017.

That can be overlooked if the actual shaders used where upto to fluff, meh but thats also pretty poor. Even the meshing is terrible, that means it is a very low polygon model in use. The trilogy looked far better for its time when compared to this. Naughty Dog showed just what you can do with proper shaders, intrinsics and tonemapping on current gen consoles.

There were some groupies defending this by claiming it's a direct shot from a low poly model run from Maya/3Ds Max, that doesn't hold much water given the same trashy levels of fail is clearly observable from every trailer, game play video Bioware have release so far.
windsurfing
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Yeah, she looks terrible in the trailers too.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:00 pm

we're going to get a combat trailer or something at some point today.

Something to look forward to ... or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:29 pm

crash23
LOKI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top