(XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

Re: (XL) Was the Ending a Hallucination? - Indoctrination Theory Mark IV!

Post by dorktainian on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:10 pm

TerramineLightvoid wrote:
dorktainian wrote:[Shepard to a shocked commitee of Alliance leaders asking what to do] The only thing we can do. We fight or we die!

Anything else is giving up control of your own destiny.  Submission and defeat.
Eh, technically nothing ideological will ever be that black or white.

It really is. You start the game with the Reapers decimating everything and everyone. If someone gives you the choice in that commitee chamber of becoming a reaper there and then would you take it? or would you fight to prevent the decimation of your species?

The End Choice is literally after your senses have been bombarded to the point of having a meltdown. It's a Reaper trick and anyone who falls for it by allowing themselves to become a reaper is indoctrinated.

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Also the game doesn't tell you at that particular point that the game is trying to indoctrinate you.

Much like Saren wasn't told directly by Sovereign it was trying to indoctrinate him.

The literalists want to have the game explicitly tell them they are being tricked, but that would ruin the trick.

Imagine if at the last minute, the so-called Catalyst morphed into Harbinger and yelled ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL when you first grab the power conduit.

Or when you jump off the platform and first touch the Reaper beam, Harbinger yells WE WILL BRING YOUR SPECIES INTO HARMONY WITH OUR OWN! 

That would totally ruin it for me. So glad it didn't happen that way. The subtle smirk/grin of the kid is proof enough, but anyone who points that out is labeled as crazy for thinking outside the box.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:48 pm

magnetite wrote:Also the game doesn't tell you at that particular point that the game is trying to indoctrinate you.

Much like Saren wasn't told directly by Sovereign it was trying to indoctrinate him.

The literalists want to have the game explicitly tell them they are being tricked, but that would ruin the trick.

Imagine if at the last minute, the so-called Catalyst morphed into Harbinger and yelled ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL when you first grab the power conduit.

Or when you jump off the platform and first touch the Reaper beam, Harbinger yells WE WILL BRING YOUR SPECIES INTO HARMONY WITH OUR OWN! 

That would totally ruin it for me. So glad it didn't happen that way. The subtle smirk/grin of the kid is proof enough, but anyone who points that out is labeled as crazy for thinking outside the box.

I remember calling it to my lad when playing through for the first time.

I've yet to see a valid reason from anybody as to why you would not destroy the reapers when you have the chance. There are no reasons after everything that has been witnessed over the course of the three games. Just because the reapers do not see themselves as being at war does not mean we are not at war.

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:52 pm

They want to convince you that they are not in it for war, so that you won't destroy them. It's a manipulation tactic.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:05 pm

I do actually think ME as a franchise is done.

They fucked it up big time with ME:A

They said they put it on ice.

Images come to mind of that wooden crate with the Ark of the Covenant lost somewhere in some storage room at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Valsamon on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:34 pm

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/03/bioware-dragon-age-and-mass-effect/

This is NEVER going to happen, but...

EA presentation, E3 202#
Round-up montage of games that have been shown is playing on Main screen, suddenly flashes / cuts to white (ME3 Dream transition screen)
Fade into eery forest / dreamscape.  1st person perspective?  row of oily shadow figures in middle distance, out of focus.
All turn slowly to look at camera.
One walks towards camera, reaches out when close.
whispers "Shepard"

Slam cut to Breath scene in rubble

Valsamon
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:17 pm

dorktainian wrote:It really is. You start the game with the Reapers decimating everything and everyone.  If someone gives you the choice in that commitee chamber of becoming a reaper there and then would you take it?  or would you fight to prevent the  decimation of your species?

The End Choice is literally after your senses have been bombarded to the point of having a meltdown.  It's a Reaper trick and anyone who falls for it by allowing themselves to become a reaper is indoctrinated.  
Again, a person can very easily say they would choose the former, for completely rational and philosophical reasons. Not just because they are brainwashed into being a hippie. What I'm saying is more akin to if you were told right in the comittee chamber that the Reapers are trying to indoctrinate you and coax you into giving up. And that you can resist this and destroy them anyways. I'm saying, even in such an absolutely face value presentation. You could very easily side with the Reapers as a "Necessary Evil".

You're talking about saving the world. It has nothing to do with "species", as we are conscious entities. We're not animals just trying to survive. We have to determine whether we have the righteous position to even save ourselves to begin with. Yes the Reapers themselves are by and large pure evil. But the game also does make it clear to show you the corruption and selfishness of ourselves. It's so hilarious how you can look at the reapers and say that their evil, isn't present in ourselves as it is. The Reapers show up, and every other species wants to turn their back and sacrifice other people for their own selfish survival.

The Punisher from Marvel Comics is also technically evil. But he's an evil, that punishes evil. Though it's not the Reaper's intention, what they ultimately accomplish includes clensing the galaxy of all evil present and living within it. Like I said, in real life I already have a hard time having sympathy or empathy for the vast majority of people because I know how mindless and retardingly hypocritical they are. You can't feel sorry for a mindless tool that shits all over morality unto theirself. Which is a huge percentage of the population. Hence why people can fathom a God deciding to flood an entire planet because it's so corrupt, or even purging the entire planet a second time in a fire-based armageddon. Christianity ring a bell? Yeah, that.

That's actually what the Reapers symbolize. It's well known that the story of the trilogy is symbolically based upon the bible's story and prophecies. With Shepard basically being Jesus, and the Reapers being the "5 horsemen", 1 of which is literally the basis for the concept of the Grim Reaper. Because he comes with a sickle to behead the wicked. That's where the Grim Reaper comes from, and then the Reapers are named after the Grim Reaper.

Biblically speaking, the Player is being given a choice. To either doom or save the entire galaxy. Just as Jesus comes in the Second Coming to judge everybody and determine who lives or dies, Shepard does exactly that throughout the trilogy and makes the penultimate decision after the fact. The Ark plotline to Andromeda is actually mapped to the part of Revelations where people are "Raptured" into heaven/safety from the apocalypse.

TL;DR: I'm Chaotic Good in moral alignment. I just want to watch this sick and evil world burn in hell.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

We are the Masters of the descended world!
TerramineLightvoid
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:33 pm

dorktainian wrote:I remember calling it to my lad when playing through for the first time.  

I've yet to see a valid reason from anybody as to why you would not destroy the reapers when you have the chance.  There are no reasons after everything that has been witnessed over the course of the three games.  Just because the reapers do not see themselves as being at war does not mean we are not at war.
I literally just said why. You're assuming we are any better than them. Shepard might be, but that vast majority of the galaxy proves themselves to be what they are.

I wouldn't choose synthesis under the belief that I can make peace with the Reapers. I would do it seeing it for what it is: Suicide. Shepard jumps in and gets erradicated by pure energy, being the only person morally good enough to terminate his own life in order to bring an end to the Galaxy's corruption. Then the rest of the Galaxy is Mass Indoctrinated by Shepard's neural network being mapped onto their own brains, instantly indoctrinating them to walk right into the Reaper's slaughter because they're all too corrupt to live.

*Puts on sunglasses.*
Deal with it.

Welcome to a universe made up of many universes, enter prisoner 092993 of a tiny blue dot.

TerramineLightvoid
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I do actually think ME as a franchise is done.

They fucked it up big time with ME:A

They said they put it on ice.

Images come to mind of that wooden crate with the Ark of the Covenant lost somewhere in some storage room at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
I know this already, I was just laying down the specifics to show that if they were going to continue it. It would most likely go back to the Milky Way. Especially when that's basically what the PR was when they first revealed Andromeda and were aswering questions about it. They know they led us in that direction and that we're still asking the same question if they dare to move forward from here.

Otherwise, yeah. It's easier for them to just leave it's rotten corpse on the floor and walk away.

TerramineLightvoid
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:58 am

TerramineLightvoid wrote:
dorktainian wrote:I remember calling it to my lad when playing through for the first time.  

I've yet to see a valid reason from anybody as to why you would not destroy the reapers when you have the chance.  There are no reasons after everything that has been witnessed over the course of the three games.  Just because the reapers do not see themselves as being at war does not mean we are not at war.
I literally just said why. You're assuming we are any better than them. Shepard might be, but that vast majority of the galaxy proves themselves to be what they are.

I wouldn't choose synthesis under the belief that I can make peace with the Reapers. I would do it seeing it for what it is: Suicide. Shepard jumps in and gets erradicated by pure energy, being the only person morally good enough to terminate his own life in order to bring an end to the Galaxy's corruption. Then the rest of the Galaxy is Mass Indoctrinated by Shepard's neural network being mapped onto their own brains, instantly indoctrinating them to walk right into the Reaper's slaughter because they're all too corrupt to live.

*Puts on sunglasses.*
Deal with it.

Maybe the Reapers were created by Leviathan to help organic life evolve to a state where we can see past Indoctrination or Enthrallment? (remember the game lies to you) A test created to weed out organic species until they reach a point where they can understand their way past indoctrination or enthrallment and co-exist with Leviathan? Get past a test created by a far superior organism but whose test backfired on its own creators, who then went into hiding and left organic life to fend for itself?

I also wonder if with the Reapers and Leviathan being so powerful, they were able to bend time so that the cycle repeated itself within a certain time frame, like a time bubble if you will, therefore Shepard always existed in the decision chamber (an almost infinite number of shepards have made the decision and therefore created the multitude of reapers) and the reapers were ultimately a result of the bad choices he made until he could finally choose to destroy the reapers and as such allow the galaxy to evolve past a certain point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum