Major MEA Spoiler Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Major MEA Spoiler Thread

Post by crash23 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Here be massive spoilers, largely found in datamining. It'll all be out soon, but here's some in advance. May be updated as more comes.

READ AT OWN RISK:

-Ryder's mother is still alive, kept in stasis on the Hyperion
-A 'mysterious benefactor' funds the Ai in its later years, and it is hinted to be Cerberus
-Alec learns that the Reapers may be real from Garrus' father, he shares this with other higher ups and even without confirmation, they treat the Ai as a potential escape plan to leave as soon as it can
-There is at least one mission that sounds like it is Cerberus related
-Turian ark content seems incomplete and indeed most likely for the cuts or future DLC (EDIT: There seems to be at least a sidemission involving people of the Turian ark, but this could just be a tease for the later DLC)

crash23
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Re: Major MEA Spoiler Thread

Post by crash23 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Spoiler:
The Cerberus sidemission involves a couple ex-Cerberus scientists who left as they got some word of the Lazarus Project. Perhaps they were part of the Lazarus Project cell. They believed it was a nonsense waste of so much Cerberus resources so they successfully fled onto the Andromeda Initiative. We discover that they're running experiments various aliens, similar to the nature of ME1 sidemissions, but this time they're seemingly trying to indoctrinate - without using that word - in order to discover how to gain an edge in long term in Andromeda. The intention is to try to make a 'hive mind super artificial intelligence', with these organic minds supposedly acting as cells of it.

Ryder seems unable to kill them, but always disapproves.
We have a choice:
-modify the signal to ease the changes that happen to the aliens and leave it at that
-destroy the signal but destroy the aliens' minds in the process
-walk way

Now how did they get on board? Unknown. Anything from them just being lucky and sly, to Cerberus/TIM being aware and wanting to sneak aboard something of Cerberus for some super goal, without being traced so directly. *shrug*

crash23
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:26 pm

Spoiler:

Here's the most direct reference to Shepard and the fate of the Milky Way that I've seen uploaded to YouTube. There is a small thing that bugs me. No one in Alec's memories ever refers to Shepard with a pronoun. It's always 'Shepard' or 'the commander', never he or she. Obviously this makes it easier for them to write the scene, but why go to the trouble of determining Shepard's gender in the CC if it's never going to come up? Unless it comes up in other conversations I've not seen maybe?
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Spoiler:
I don't recall Shepard's gender ever being spoken. Perhaps its in the codex, I'll have to check.

It could be a cut aspect of the game.

It could be *tinfoilhat* for DLC and this is just the setup. Whatever.

crash23
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:01 am

It would be nice if it was the last option you mentioned, but sadly it's probably one of the others.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:06 am

Eryri wrote:It would be nice if it was the last option you mentioned, but sadly it's probably one of the others.

Fairly though, a lot of the choices you make in MEA's story make little to moderate effects in the final battle, but their alternatives don't have any bigger clear effect. This could mean that they just do... almost nothing... or it could mean that the developers intend the 'game ending' to only be one of 2(+?) major points (again, DLC?) that will reflect the alternate effects later on.

Example is choosing Military or Science outpost on the first planet. Both have more immediate effects on the base, and on the Nexus, but only Military has an effect in the final battle as you have backup from what I understand. But Science has no longer term effect. Maybe, with it being Science and all, it could?

Point being - there really could be a longer term plan if I go off the possibilities of the rest of the design. I'll say this - if DLC goes as far as to bring the Quarians with a Reaper on their tail, I'll consider something Shepard to just as possible afterward.

crash23
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:20 am

One big thing I haven't seen discussed anywhere:

The Scourge is the result of an interstellar (possibly galactic) scale dark matter super weapon designed to target the technology of an advanced alien race who treat their galaxy like a laboratory and who have motives that may be unknowable.

Sound familiar?
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:27 pm

So.... Reapers are not so selective?  Maybe they harvest ALL galaxies?  

The Benefactor might seem to be TIM, but he couldn't already be at Andromeda could he? Could he?

affraid

Andromeda is still boring tho....

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:27 pm

Well, if we ever look back at the Milky Way with an FTL telescope and see it full of Scourge, we'll know. The Scourge event occurred shortly after the Andromeda Initiative left the Milky Way. So did the Reaper invasion of the Milky Way. It seems unlikely to find a correlation between the two beyond the date but there you have it.
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:35 pm

Watched a 50 min vid of the last moments of the game. Thoughts:

BLUUURGH:

-Reaper/Very Reaper-Like Noises everywhere.
-Final Boss Fight is in an area that somewhat resembles the concept art for the original ME2 protoreaper fight.
-Archon has a reaper like voice. Is a combination of 1000 species' genes.
-Kett look like a Reaper modified species.
-The Hyperion crashes into the inside of Meridan which looks basically like the paradise that the Normandy inexplicably crashes on at the end of ME3.
-Right before the final boss fight area you see a beam goin down into the room that looks pretty much like the Synthesis/Crucible Beam.
-Meridan oddly looks like the ball part of the crucible.
-Meridan fixes things similar to the Genophage Cure in ME3. With white little flakes everywhere.
-A conversation about "the dream becomes reality".
-The Pathfinder wasn't supposed to be another Shepard. But yet he seems to virtually embody the whole "we will find a way" shtick that Shepard was always about. Besides. Pathfinder and Shepard are basically the same thing. The same role. It is obvious Shepard represented a pathfinder for the milky way galaxy through the Reaper chaos.
-The protags ship looks like the fuckin Normandy.
-Similar to how in the original trilogy the series was laced with loads of symbolism and thematics that parroted the whole organic synthetic conflict and the Reapers nature pre-finished cycle. The game seems to be filled with themes parroting the ending of ME3 and the conclusion of the trilogy and what you might expect in a post-me3 milky way. Such as the nature of the Scourge. The repeating pattern of "The Created rebel against the Creators". Etc.
-Why do we not hear anything bout after the Reaper conflict? No signals have went out and it has been 600 years with the war ending at the start of said 600 years? The game seems to want to heavily imply the ending to ME3 was Fridge Horror. With the characters of MEA making it clear that as it appears. Nothin good could have come about from what they heard. Literally talking as if humanity is extinct and that there is no going back to the Milky Way. Honestly I really wish we could see a sequal set way in the future of andromeda with the Reapers showing up en mass to Andromeda waging war on a highly advanced humanity. It being revealed that we very sadly and darkly lost in the Milkyway but now we have the tables turned so it is time to get revenge and prove that Shepard wasnt wrong. All of Andromeda being a batshit dream would've been vastly preferable tho. Goin back to indoc theory.
TerramineLightvoid
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:34 pm

dorktainian wrote:So.... Reapers are not so selective?  Maybe they harvest ALL galaxies?  

The Benefactor might seem to be TIM, but he couldn't already be at Andromeda could he? Could he?

affraid

Andromeda is still boring tho....

It seems unlikely that TIM would have been directing Cerberus via a QEC command station on the Nexus. I mean, it's not as though we didn't find TIM in person until the trippy probably-didn't-happen-like-that Citadel sequence... er... I mean, it's not as though we didn't find evidence of his physical presence in ME3 until the almost as trippy Cronus base mission...

But seriously, Cerberus the dog had three heads. TIM was a head. Mr. Lawson was a head. Cerberus is forever short a head unless the benefactor turns out to be it.

ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by crash23 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:04 am

Henry Lawson was a head?

Really I think people focus on the head thing too much. The concept of the mythological Cerberus was more about its ferocious defender to the gate of the underworld, I think. Three heads just being more badass and beyond human expectations, like the minotaur, medusa, etc.

crash23
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:04 am

crash23 wrote:Henry Lawson was a head?

Really I think people focus on the head thing too much. The concept of the mythological Cerberus was more about its ferocious defender to the gate of the underworld, I think. Three heads just being more badass and beyond human expectations, like the minotaur, medusa, etc.
But it would fit perfectly if TIM stayed back in the Milky Way. The third head effectively inheriting Cerberus because the other 2 heads are just royally fucked.
TerramineLightvoid
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:16 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:
It seems unlikely that TIM would have been directing Cerberus via a QEC command station on the Nexus.  I mean, it's not as though we didn't find TIM in person until the trippy probably-didn't-happen-like-that Citadel sequence...
Yeah. He was QEC 99% of the time. But it would kinda be really fucked up because Shepard is his superior but somehow he managed to outlive/beat the most powerful and unstoppable organic in the entire galaxy. Him. Mr Busta Ass.

On another note. It is fully possible that the confrontation with TIM was real. The puppety animations could easily be because Harbinger/The Reaper Superconscious is controlling TIM in order to docket chain control to Shep and Anderson. So that they are controlling Shep and Anderson through TIM. Which is totally possible as seen with the collectors. Harbinger controlled the head collector and then from there he controlled 1 regular collector. The collectors are highly modified obviously so they can be controlled more efficiently. To be better puppets. The Reapers do not have many limits but we are essentially talkin bout Harbinger trying to control 3 Humans functionally at the same time. Just having 1 significantly useful and functional puppet is difficult enough. But we have 3 individuals here that are all advanced indoc puppet material. Shrug, just saying.

Anderson was suspect because he had been on Earth for however long. Could've been forced by indoc to call off the order to charge the beam while simultaneously entering so he can be used to manipulate Shepard. Which would also explain how Anderson got in, in the first place, ahead of Shep. If Harbinger just let him in to begin with.

er... I mean, it's not as though we didn't find evidence of his physical presence in ME3 until the almost as trippy Cronus base mission...
Yeaaah. It is really strange when you think bout it.
TerramineLightvoid
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Tue May 02, 2017 2:57 am

Once upon a time, a great deal was made of the cables often found around Reaper constructs in ME2 and ME3.

What does the Archon use to connect himself to Meridian?

Six of them. And the post-mortem analysis of his body and the fight all but directly states
Spoiler:
that his mind was literally severed from his own body and could be floating around Meridian's network somewhere.

ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 am

ZerebusPrime wrote:Once upon a time, a great deal was made of the cables often found around Reaper constructs in ME2 and ME3.

What does the Archon use to connect himself to Meridian?

Six of them.  And the post-mortem analysis of his body and the fight all but directly states
Spoiler:
that his mind was literally severed from his own body and could be floating around Meridian's network somewhere.
Spoiler:
Right. So basically he was uploaded to a "matrix". Much like the Catalyst on the citadel? Or the Reapers themselves?

It is crazy that Andromeda Tech competes with or even surpasses what we knew about the Reapers in the Milky Way.

Spoiler:
Meridian is so highly advanced, and reminiscent of the Citadel.

Why would the evolutionary chains within Andromeda and The Milky way be so close to each other like that? There are multiple reasons why that is unfathomably ballz. I mean, for one the Reapers had culled the milky way countless times for millennia. So what. Life only formed in Andromeda around or after the time the Human, Turian, etc cycle formed? Why? How? Etc. There is just so much goin on here that makes you wonder WTF.
TerramineLightvoid
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by TerramineLightvoid on Wed May 10, 2017 11:06 am

Watching an actual playthrough so I will document things I notice. I will edit this post with new notes to cut down on post spam.

Note 1:
The A.I Sam looks like Vigil.

Note 2:
The Scourge looks like the leftovers of the Destroy choice, tbh.
TerramineLightvoid
Pyjak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top