Is Bioware "winning by losing"? Is this a "Wooden horse gambit"? Free tinfoil hats inside!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is Bioware "winning by losing"? Is this a "Wooden horse gambit"? Free tinfoil hats inside!

Post by Eryri on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 pm

I guess it depends a bit on how well Omega did. If it did badly they might want to wrap things up as soon as possible, knowing that our patience for irrelevant filler DLC is wearing thin.

If it did well, they might spin things out for 2 dlcs, or a dlc and an expansion to drum up interest for ME4.

Mind you Sony is rumoured to be announcing the PS4 in April, so ME3 is quickly going to belong to yesterday's generation if they don't wrap things up quickly.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Bioware "winning by losing"? Is this a "Wooden horse gambit"? Free tinfoil hats inside!

Post by Rankincountry on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Not sure the next-gen consoles will be that big a deal. Don't know about Xbox, but both PS2 and its games continued to sell well in the early days of PS3 - there does seem to be a long tail effect caused by the consoles becoming very cheap to buy and a healthy re-release and second hand market.

I do think you're right about the filler DLC though and I think it will be very interesting to see how history judges ME3 once all is done and dusted, and what effect it will have on other developers' decisions regarding their key franchises.

They want to tell you this, they want to tell you that, just hold your hat when the black wind blows

Everywhere I go I hear what's going on
And the more I hear the less I know
Everywhere I go I hear what's going on
And the more I hear the less I know

John Jones/Oysterband
Rankincountry
Nemesis

Location : Sunny Valley Rest Home for Burnt-Out Gamers, Karpyshyn Ward

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianprice74

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:53 pm

How will the IT-DLC play out?
What if we had a normal gameplay part before Cronos, with story and new IT tidbits maybe and then it supposedly ends like Leviathan and Omega.
Then only a few may play to the endings and then BAM!!! Suicide Mission 2.0 or sth.
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Restrider wrote:How will the IT-DLC play out?
What if we had a normal gameplay part before Cronos, with story and new IT tidbits maybe and then it supposedly ends like Leviathan and Omega.
Then only a few may play to the endings and then BAM!!! Suicide Mission 2.0 or sth.

I like that idea. In the past, expansions packs would sometimes have an area that was accessible during the storyline of the original game, but the majority of the content was post ending. BG2 Throne of Bhaal was a typical example (and the one I seem to use in all these discussions.) You had a big dungeon you could play at any time, but the story part happened after the main game as a mini sequel.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm going to hold off speculation on what even an IT DLC would exactly contain, if only what

But if I wereeeee to say what I thought would happen...

At worst - a 'during ME3' DLC like the other two, that just heavily hints that Indoctrination is what is happening, and that's it.

At best - same as above, except like you said, there's an expansion to the ending, that ideally lasts several more hours (Rio? London? Space? Reaper Base? I dunno!).

Whatever this DLC is, it damn well be longer than 5-6 hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 am

Restrider wrote:How will the IT-DLC play out?

I've had that same idea. Stop getting my hopes up! *shakes fist in the direction of Germany*

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm

would be an enormous mindfuck if the doctors had this planned all along.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Yeah, it would be the pinnacle of mindfuck. I guess time will eventually tell...

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:23 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:@Cyberfrog: I have actually considered such a scenario. In a way though, the EC already accomplished a lot of that. IT lost a lot of support with it, even though it doesn't even debunk IT.

The most (only) convincing arguments I've heard against the IT are all based on this kind of outside-the-game "meta" evidence.

"They would have revealed it by now."
"It's totally impractical, and EA wouldn't green light such a stunt."
"Bad writing."

This line of argumentation is particularly annoying because it doesn't address or counter any in-game evidence put forth by the IT community. So whenever we point out that the ending makes far more sense and is much more satisfying when viewed through the lens of IT, the counter often boils down to "this ending is the way it is because Bioware/EA sucks and you live in a fantasy world".

It's not even a question of whether the IT should be right or not. They find it unlikely due to circumstances outside the game, and therefore the IT is incorrect.
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 pm

Agreed.

"Bioware have said the endings are done." is another one.

Basically, it all boils down to whether you believe what Bioware says.

I prefer to look at what the game says.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top