Literalists say the darndest things

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm

I can say with certainty that there is no doubt in my mind.

Leviathan completely revealed their intentions, IMO.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Give it until say, June of this year. The DLC hasn't finished being released yet. I know some don't like the idea of having a half-completed game and releasing the rest as DLC. Unfortunately, that's kind of how games work these days. Otherwise, people would probably be paying close to $200 for every single thing and fan wish that was ever made for the game. So far, I would say that as far as the SP goes, I've probably spent $85 on it (main game + Leviathan + Omega).
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by clennon8 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Yeah, I'll give them another few months. June sounds fair.

I spent $80 on the Collectors Edition. Haven't bought Leviathan or Omega.
clennon8
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Im with Doomsday. Leviathan removed any doubt I had about Bioware's intentions.

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Im with Doomsday. Leviathan removed any doubt I had about Bioware's intentions.

Not sure about Bioware, but Leviathan removed any doubt I had about the Reaper's intentions!

Wrex
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:58 pm

As for the Reapers' intentions, Leviathan made it clear to me that Shepard's victories are not the product of chance because the Reapers are allowing Shepard to win. At least until the fleets have been gathered and lured to one place along with the completed crucible, all while indoctrination slowly takes hold over Shepard.

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 pm

I personally doubt any continuation DLC.

However, IT will always remain my interpretation and I'm 100% sure at least some form of IT was intended, but they want to keep it vague. I can even guess their reasons for doing so, although I don't agree with them.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:58 pm

RavenEyry wrote:I personally doubt any continuation DLC.

However, IT will always remain my interpretation and I'm 100% sure at least some form of IT was intended, but they want to keep it vague. I can even guess their reasons for doing so, although I don't agree with them.

I always though that as well, until I went through the game looking for hints in the dialogue, and the game kept breaking my 4th wall by telling me over and over and over that Shepard isn't dead, the war isn't over, and the Reapers are still out there. The game is FULL of foreshadowing.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:

That was me comparing it to Hiroshima, but I did as a comparison to the destructiveness of the fireball, I was not saying it was a nuclear explosion (though Heretic misunderstood it as that). To elaborate the fireball caused by the nuke dropped on Hiroshima did not even touch the ground and yet still incinerated everything within several hundred meters below it.

Compare that to the Citadel fireball which engulfs the place Shepard supposedly stands...and yeah you get the picture.

I see.

Whas the "fire ball" we see in the ME3 ending really a fire ball though? I mean a fire ball... in a vacuum... in space? Isn't that rather impossible?

The explosions in space are just one of the many things that do not seem to make sense in ME3. I wonder if it was a huge oversight by the writers... or is there something more going on?
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:15 pm

They try to be realistic but they have to make some concessions to the genre. Like sound in space, it's rule of cool. (I'm aware there are sound simulators to help pilots but that's such a lame handwave)
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:

That was me comparing it to Hiroshima, but I did as a comparison to the destructiveness of the fireball, I was not saying it was a nuclear explosion (though Heretic misunderstood it as that). To elaborate the fireball caused by the nuke dropped on Hiroshima did not even touch the ground and yet still incinerated everything within several hundred meters below it.

Compare that to the Citadel fireball which engulfs the place Shepard supposedly stands...and yeah you get the picture.

I see.

Whas the "fire ball" we see in the ME3 ending really a fire ball though? I mean a fire ball... in a vacuum... in space? Isn't that rather impossible?

The explosions in space are just one of the many things that do not seem to make sense in ME3. I wonder if it was a huge oversight by the writers... or is there something more going on?

The fireball could be possible if enough air escapes from the Citadel to fuel the flames...and at that point Shepard would be dead twice over.

Nonetheless if it is a fireball or not something of that intensity is going to give off a ludicrous amount of heat, frying Shepard utterly.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:23 pm

RavenEyry wrote:They try to be realistic but they have to make some concessions to the genre. Like sound in space, it's rule of cool. (I'm aware there are sound simulators to help pilots but that's such a lame handwave)

That makes sense. Kinda like how the space battles in Mass Effect are also not realistic at all, but still very cool. The space ships behave like air planes in Mass Effect among other things. But I guess realistic space battles would be rather boring to watch. Indeed, "the rule of cool".
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:They try to be realistic but they have to make some concessions to the genre. Like sound in space, it's rule of cool. (I'm aware there are sound simulators to help pilots but that's such a lame handwave)

That makes sense. Kinda like how the space battles in Mass Effect are also not realistic at all, but still very cool. The space ships behave like air planes in Mass Effect among other things. But I guess realistic space battles would be rather boring to watch. Indeed, "the rule of cool".

Everytime I watch those space battle scenes, I think of how I'd give a kidney for an Ace Combat type of Mass Effect spinoff.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 pm

They at least try to pay lip service to science unlike most games/films.

"It takes skill to bank in a vacuum, don't tell me it doesn't"

And the Sir Isaac Newton speech of course.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:28 pm

RavenEyry wrote:They at least try to pay lip service to science unlike most games/films.

"It takes skill to bank in a vacuum, don't tell me it doesn't"

And the Sir Isaac Newton speech of course.

I wish we had a contemplation of all the "holy shit, that's real science?" stuff in Mass Effect. Things like QEC, or the ferrofluid crap the Javelin works with, things like that.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Iggy Koopa wrote:

Everytime I watch those space battle scenes, I think of how I'd give a kidney for an Ace Combat type of Mass Effect spinoff.

Actually, I think there might be an upcoming space battle DLC, where you play as the fighter pilot from the end. Nothing solid, but there's a few things that point to it Magic!
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 pm

It will be a long process of offering an option and convincing people this is the right choice. First Synthesis may be applied on terminally ill people to cure them. Then - on some inevitable volunteers. Finally - in galactic scale, but not before moving refusers to some star cluster and disabling Relay there for Synthesis apply duration.- Sevial.

Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 am

Master Blaster wrote:It will be a long process of offering an option and convincing people this is the right choice. First Synthesis may be applied on terminally ill people to cure them. Then - on some inevitable volunteers. Finally - in galactic scale, but not before moving refusers to some star cluster and disabling Relay there for Synthesis apply duration.- Sevial.

It'd be kinda hard to move the entire galaxy's population to one star cluster! Pinched
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 am

BleedingUranium wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:It will be a long process of offering an option and convincing people this is the right choice. First Synthesis may be applied on terminally ill people to cure them. Then - on some inevitable volunteers. Finally - in galactic scale, but not before moving refusers to some star cluster and disabling Relay there for Synthesis apply duration.- Sevial.

It'd be kinda hard to move the entire galaxy's population to one star cluster! Pinched

Sevial at his headcanoning best, eh?

Sorry, 'buddy', but its pretty damn clear that it happens instantly and no-one is asked if they want it or not.

Not to mention it has disturbing implications - essentially putting anyone who won't conform into a concentration camp. Its impossible to avoid comparing it to the Nazis when some literalists seem to go out of their way to make the connections themselves!
Andromidius
Admin

http://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:35 am

I watched a TV show about trying to deprogram someone who is indoctrinated, it's quite hard to do. In the end, they basically un-indoctrinated him, and then re-indoctrinated him.
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:39 am

And I'm sure the Rerapers will sit around patiently while the galaxy does that. Rolling Eyes
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:34 am

magnetite wrote:

I watched a TV show about trying to deprogram someone who is indoctrinated, it's quite hard to do. In the end, they basically un-indoctrinated him, and then re-indoctrinated him.

Similar to the Geth Heretics, I suppose.
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:

In all honesty, it was not Hanar who kept comparing the Citadel explosion with a nuclear explosion, but an ITer (I forgot who it was). It was an ITer who kept bringing up Hiroshima over and over again. In fact, several ITers seemed to compare the explosion on the Citadel with Hiroshima. I can't remember exact names though, but I'mm willing to look it up, if I can ever find it back (the IT thread is unstickied on the BSN Sad ).
Heretic_Hanar said that IF the explosion on the Citadel is indeed of nuclear nature, than it would work like this and this and that.

I'm not physics expert, and I certainly don't want to defend Heretic_Hanar, but I do think you guys are being a little unfair here.

also, Heretic_Hanar is right about the fact that nuclear explosions behave differently in space than they do in an atmosphere. That's all I really know about this subject though.

So maybe Heretic_Hanar indeed made a dumb comparison, but in all honesty, he was not the one who originally brought it up, it was an ITer who did.

The comparison to Hiroshima has been made to illustrate the strength of the Citadel explosion. The point is that we compared the output of energy with each other.
The comparison in itself is not a problem.
And even Hanar pointing out that a nuclear explosion behaves differently in space (lack of any atmosphere for instance) was reasonable.
The stupidity started, when Hanar pointed out that the electromagnetic waves are harmless. Tell that to everyone with a sunburn, radioactive sickness etc.
The energy emitted in the end scene of ME would've been enough to leave Shepard only as a plasma (not even atoms!).
And to top it off, somehow there is still an atmosphere in the Decision Chamber...
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:31 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:I personally doubt any continuation DLC.

I always though that as well, until I went through the game looking for hints in the dialogue, and the game kept breaking my 4th wall by telling me over and over and over that Shepard isn't dead, the war isn't over, and the Reapers are still out there. The game is FULL of foreshadowing.
My personal view is that IT was 99% intended (for 100% my interpretation anyways).
The question remains, how/when they are going to follow it up?

I hope that the supposed IT DLC is like Arrival and only sets the scenery for a ME4, which would then be a sequel, since the main conflict would still be unresolved.
I just hope that it is not something like, Shepard wakes up and we (really/literally) win pushing a button in something like 2-3 hours DLC gameplay). I think we need more (at least I want mooooaaaar Liara !)...

I could also live with an expansion pack.
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top