Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literalists say the darndest things

+47
FreewheelinDylan
applepie_svk
zninjazero
noobcannon
Veridiano02
JamesStone
HYR 2.1
sandman2190
401 Kill
Rankincountry
leafs43
richie21
BatmanTurian
lex0r
Nightvayne
AxStapleton
demersel
invetro
DSharrah
Cyberfrog
Arian Dynas
Arkio
Hanako Ikezawa
Master Blaster
Starscream
umadcommander
BleedingUranium
DoomsdayDevice
Hrothdane
clennon8
skillz1986
Eryri
shadowsenshi
Allynna
Rifneno
Andromidius
magnetite
Steelcan
draconian139
ElSuperGecko
Restrider
Raistlin Majere
GethJuggernautMKII
dorktainian
Fur28
Norlond
RavenEyry
51 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 2 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Andromidius Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Rifneno wrote:
The entire thing is based on the fallacy that the Citadel explosion was nuclear in nature. It wasn't nuclear in nature, but nuclear explosions are the only types that most people are familiar with being of that magnitude. I thought about explaining this to him, but then I realize I'd have better luck trying to teach a cactus trigonometry.

You know, that part is so obvious I forgot about it.

That's how stupid Hanar is. Its infectous.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 2 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Andromidius wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
The entire thing is based on the fallacy that the Citadel explosion was nuclear in nature. It wasn't nuclear in nature, but nuclear explosions are the only types that most people are familiar with being of that magnitude. I thought about explaining this to him, but then I realize I'd have better luck trying to teach a cactus trigonometry.

You know, that part is so obvious I forgot about it.

That's how stupid Hanar is. Its infectous.

He is like a disease, there's no denying that.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:06 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Wait, the Bioware founders left because of fan negativity? Did they fail to see the connection between pissing off the entire fanbase and their being a spot of fan negativity.

They certainly didn't leave because of EA like some thought. Not sure if you guys know this, but they also received a lot of hate mail, death threats to themselves, as well as their families. I can kind of understand why they made their decision. If you put your heart and soul into something for 9 years (Mass Effect started as Project SFX in 2003, and each game in the series has several references to it in it's files, eg. Coalesced or the configuration files) and the fans basically spit on you then I'd be kind of pissed too.

They probably could have grown some thick skin and handled it a bit better. However, I guess it's done.

Here is a link to the article
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Plenty of fans went too far, but on the other hand the message had to get out. I know it can be saddening when your hard work is negatively received, but that should be encouragement to improve the product or make the next one better, not an excuse to cry and run away.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:15 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Plenty of fans went too far, but on the other hand the message had to get out. I know it can be saddening when your hard work is negatively received, but that should be encouragement to improve the product or make the next one better, not an excuse to cry and run away.

If the fans used every resource in the game to figure stuff out, then they probably wouldn't have been as upset. However, some just blasted through the game. As for the ending being the same or identical, I'd have to say that Mass Effect 3 as a whole is the ending, least how I see it. And it can play out very differently. However, some still see the last 5 minutes of the game as the ending, and if it's the same, then it sort of tells people that everyone gets the same story, and everyone's Shepard is no longer unique.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:17 pm

I think part of the problem may have been DA2 and TOR being fairly poorly received. The next game getting outright hatred from pretty much everyone may have made things seem hopeless for them.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Well some people need to grow up and realize they are getting mad over a video game. I'd hate to see what would happen if a certain [insert random event in life] didn't turn out as planned.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:25 pm

I think ME3 was just a special brand of upsetting. I got FFXIII-2 the month before and hated that despite liking the prequel and didn't take to the internet to express my rage. Months later same thing with Pokemon black 2. ME3 just has the odd capacity of upsetting damn near everyone instead of just that group of a fanbase that gets enraged over everything (Every fanbase has one, it's something you get used to on the internet)
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:26 pm

The death threats, if they actually existed, were way too far. The rest was justified. I don't know about TOR, but DA2 was an abortion and regardless of what they were trying to convey with ME3's ending the fact is that it's so bad it's retroactively ruined the rest of the series for a lot of fans.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Rifneno wrote:regardless of what they were trying to convey with ME3's ending the fact is that it's so bad it's retroactively ruined the rest of the series for a lot of fans.
Took me months before I could play 1 again which I used to redo all the time. I still haven't finished my only go of 2 since 3's release. And I rarely hate things that are generally hated.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Oh, oh, I have something too! Laughing

Darkness1984 3 weeks ago
the hole indoctrination theory can be killed by one thing...on the asari homeworld the prothean AI immideatly detects indoctrination when kai leng enters the room,on sheppard it dosent...case closed.

Allynnka 2 weeks ago
You mean the prothean VIs who can detect indoctrination, but in the end their entire race gets betrayed by indoctrinated agents?... Shepard is not indoctrinated at that point. The theory is that the ending is an indoctrination attempt.

Darkness1984 2 weeks ago
bioware themself said that the indoctrination theory isnt right and not what they wanted,and if the makers of the game say that than there iss no point of following that theorie anymore

Allynnka 2 weeks ago
When did they said that? Actually they said a few times that the IT is a valid possibility as an ending. I don't know what their plan is, but I am sure that they will not confirm nor deny the IT until they are done with all the DLCs.

Darkness1984 2 weeks ago
the extended cut pretty much makes that cleas since they added a new cutscene where admiral hacket states that sheppard made it to the citadel.

Allynnka 2 weeks ago
Yeah, they also added scenes that cannot be explained without the IT, so... And we dont know when exactly the "attempt" starts. It can be also when you pass out on the "magic elevator".

Darkness1984 2 weeks ago
why iss it called an magic elevator? its just a hidden elevator that gets activated by the citadels AI.

Allynnka 2 weeks ago
Then we all have to be thankful that Hackett called *somehow* and because of him Shepard passed out on the "hidden elevator"... lol. Do you see why I cant stand the literal interpretation? It makes no sense. I wonder what its your explanation about the "breath scene"....

Darkness1984 2 weeks ago
sheppard passed out because he was wounded and exhaustet,if he wasnt on the hidden elevator by that part the AI woud have pullt him up another way im sure,maybe the entire room was an elevator,who knows? what you do iss calles nip-picking.

I gave up after that one...
Allynna
Allynna
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Wow, Allynna. That is a good one. Reading that kills more braincells than drinking gasoline.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Ahhhhh... that -bleep-ing VI again. I wish people would read the damn theory before prattling on about it being obviously wrong. The VI is at the top of every FAQ on IT.

Whats even worse is they all say it as if they've just thought of it themselves and are really clever for discovering the one thing no one has noticed in all these months.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Anyway, one of my own. It was early on but I distinctly remember someone saying there was nothing wrong with the kid surviving the explosion because the house was only superficially damaged and he was hiding in the vent. Yeah, that person understands fireballs as well as Roland Emmerich.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Allynna Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:12 pm

I don't understand how a literalists brain works, really. I am not saying that everybody have to agree with IT, but people at least have to agree that there is something wrong with that ending. It can't be THAT stupid and full with BS and nonsense...
Allynna
Allynna
Husk

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:48 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
Rifneno wrote:regardless of what they were trying to convey with ME3's ending the fact is that it's so bad it's retroactively ruined the rest of the series for a lot of fans.
Took me months before I could play 1 again which I used to redo all the time. I still haven't finished my only go of 2 since 3's release. And I rarely hate things that are generally hated.
For me, I just play till I'm ready to go to Cronos Station. I just stop then and hope for more content in the future. It actually helps to do that when playing ME3.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Allynna wrote:Oh, oh, I have something too! Laughing

I gave up after that one...

Funny, if you follow the discussion using this chart. It's so fitting. affraid
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm

This thread ought to be renamed to: "Dumb things synthesis supporters say"

Most of our quotes will end up coming from their threads over time. Here's a good one from my on going discussion with Wayning_Star:

"There'd be no need for war, for obvious reasons. There isn't any demanding freedom, as it's all you have in any event. There is no inodotrination or mini-curcuit bites, as it's not about injesting computer parts or forcing your will through advertisements/subliminal conditioning. You couldn't do that cause everyone would be 'wise' to it.(see:no war for obvious reasons.)

Existence, survival and tools are the mainstay, and the most logical reasonintg behind synthesis, all do to evolutionary changes over verrry long stretches of time.(See: Stargazer Scene.)

to metagame: Synthesis is canon, wether you like it or not, in the MEU. The only 'other' way out of it is to stop, completely, interfacing with alien computer sentience gone sapient intellect. They'll force the issue YOU started."
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:22 pm

That's so dumb. There is always a reason for war to some people. Green lines aint gonna change human nature.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:24 pm

RavenEyry wrote:That's so dumb. There is always a reason for war to some people. Green lines aint gonna change human nature.

Im trying to explain that if synthesis comes complete with altering one's mind, something he seems to agree is happening, then something is wrong here.

What does the MEU call it when you alter someone's mind so radically? Indoctrination.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:That's so dumb. There is always a reason for war to some people. Green lines aint gonna change human nature.

Im trying to explain that if synthesis comes complete with altering one's mind, something he seems to agree is happening, then something is wrong here.

What does the MEU call it when you alter someone's mind so radically? Indoctrination.

Or death if you ask Samara / Jack / Thane (their quotes regarding rewriting the Geth on Legions Loyalty Mission)
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:13 pm

GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Restrider wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:
For me, I just play till I'm ready to go to Cronos Station. I just stop then and hope for more content in the future. It actually helps to do that when playing ME3.

Twisted Evil
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:Here, take a look at this.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/15377303/30#15562667
You fool! Logic only makes them angrier!
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsenshi Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:22 pm

my favorite part is how they accuse us of going to far with headcannon. Have they not been reading the stuff synthesis supporters are coming out with?

and people maintaining that starbinger is not a reaper...I mean "I created them, they are my solution" or all the "we" and "us" he states... or "SO BE IT" is a dead give away...but nope. Ghost boy is obviously just sheps fairy godmother, come to bring synthesis sprinkles for all.

No
shadowsenshi
shadowsenshi
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next