Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literalists say the darndest things

+47
FreewheelinDylan
applepie_svk
zninjazero
noobcannon
Veridiano02
JamesStone
HYR 2.1
sandman2190
401 Kill
Rankincountry
leafs43
richie21
BatmanTurian
lex0r
Nightvayne
AxStapleton
demersel
invetro
DSharrah
Cyberfrog
Arian Dynas
Arkio
Hanako Ikezawa
Master Blaster
Starscream
umadcommander
BleedingUranium
DoomsdayDevice
Hrothdane
clennon8
skillz1986
Eryri
shadowsenshi
Allynna
Rifneno
Andromidius
magnetite
Steelcan
draconian139
ElSuperGecko
Restrider
Raistlin Majere
GethJuggernautMKII
dorktainian
Fur28
Norlond
RavenEyry
51 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 4 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by Restrider Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 pm

What color would you associate with Refuse btw?
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 4 Empty Re: Literalists say the darndest things

Post by ElSuperGecko Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Rifneno wrote:
I gave up him when he said evolution is just a theory.

LOL - yeah, that is pretty bad.

He's currently attempting to use Occam's Razor as an argument against IT. This from the guy who's headcanons the most ridiculously convoluted scenarios just so he can justify Synthesis to himself...
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 pm

There was a thread the other day, where someone was -seriously- complaining that his Shepard was out of character in ME3, because he says something about evolution that his Shepard would never have said, as he confessed to believing in god in ME1 and personally doesn't believe in evolution either.

Oh, and he had this disclaimer that he was being serious and didn't want to be ridiculed.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:20 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
I gave up him when he said evolution is just a theory.

LOL - yeah, that is pretty bad.

He's currently attempting to use Occam's Razor as an argument against IT. This from the guy who's headcanons the most ridiculously convoluted scenarios just so he can justify Synthesis to himself...
Check out the flowchart in my sig.
Using Occam's Razor is tempting, because you feel so sophisticated and educated for even knowing that it exists. However, using it on fiction shows what a moron you really are.
It's equally hilarious and sad when people embarrass themselves without even knowing it.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:There was a thread the other day, where someone was -seriously- complaining that his Shepard was out of character in ME3, because he says something about evolution that his Shepard would never have said, as he confessed to believing in god in ME1 and personally doesn't believe in evolution either.

Oh, and he had this disclaimer that he was being serious and didn't want to be ridiculed.

Wouldn't it be kind of hard to have thousands of 50,000-years cycles, if the universe is only 6000 years old?
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Restrider wrote:What color would you associate with Refuse btw?

It usually gets associated with yellow.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Restrider wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:There was a thread the other day, where someone was -seriously- complaining that his Shepard was out of character in ME3, because he says something about evolution that his Shepard would never have said, as he confessed to believing in god in ME1 and personally doesn't believe in evolution either.

Wouldn't it be kind of hard to have thousands of 50,000-years cycles, if the universe is only 6000 years old?

Of course. The poster could have been an old-Earth creationist. Such people do exist.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Who the hell wants to be ridiculed? Idiots like that should be ridiculed.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:37 pm

I told him he might as well not believe in gravity.

But I guess this is off-topic. Laughing
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:47 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:I told him he might as well not believe in gravity.

But I guess this is off-topic. Laughing
How is this off topic, lol-
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by clennon8 Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Yeah. Anybody who says "Evolution is just a theory" automatically goes on my dumb-ass list. Thing is, he was already on that list before I even knew he had said that.
clennon8
clennon8
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:53 pm

clennon8 wrote:Yeah. Anybody who says "Evolution is just a theory" automatically goes on my dumb-ass list. Thing is, he was already on that list before I even knew he had said that.
Technically it is still a theory. But it is the theory that people have tried to falsify for centuries without any success to this day.
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:53 pm

That reminds me of that Hanar guy complaining his Shepard was out of character because he couldn't join Cerberus an worship the ground TIM walks on.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:02 am

Restrider wrote:
clennon8 wrote:Yeah. Anybody who says "Evolution is just a theory" automatically goes on my dumb-ass list. Thing is, he was already on that list before I even knew he had said that.
Technically it is still a theory. But it is the theory that people have tried to falsify for centuries without any success to this day.

It hasn't been proven to be true in absolutely all cases (obviously, as that's impossible), but it has been proven to be true in some cases. Evolution is the reason we have antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria. Bacteria have such a short lifespan that the "millions of years" for us is weeks for them. Resistant strains are literally ones that have evolved a defense against something that nearly wiped them out before.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 am

Phantom Infiltrator wrote:

That reminds me of that Hanar guy complaining his Shepard was out of character because he couldn't join Cerberus an worship the ground TIM walks on.

Haha, yeah.

Dumbest thing anyone ever said to me about ME3 ending:

Me: I thought the ending was an indoctrination attempt
Him: Nah man, they can't indoctrinate Shepard, the player controls him!
Me: yeah see, that's the point, Bioware is indoctrinating the player
Him: Nah man, that shit isn't real. It's just a videogame! OMG are you retarded?

DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:10 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Phantom Infiltrator wrote:

Haha, yeah.

Dumbest thing anyone ever said to me about ME3 ending:

Me: I thought the ending was an indoctrination attempt
Him: Nah man, they can't indoctrinate Shepard, the player controls him!
Me: yeah see, that's the point, Bioware is indoctrinating the player
Him: Nah man, that shit isn't real. It's just a videogame! OMG are you retarded?

<Vendetta> Indoctrinated presence detected, activating security protocols.

Literalists say the darndest things - Page 4 M-920_Cain_slug
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:12 am

Cain_slug.jpg

LOL
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:13 am

Rifneno wrote:
Restrider wrote:

It hasn't been proven to be true in absolutely all cases (obviously, as that's impossible), but it has been proven to be true in some cases. Evolution is the reason we have antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria. Bacteria have such a short lifespan that the "millions of years" for us is weeks for them. Resistant strains are literally ones that have evolved a defense against something that nearly wiped them out before.

Yep, I think you cannot prove Evolution even more. Well, kind of weird phrasing, but I hope you get what I mean.
However, the people saying that it is "just a theory" are belittleing it and trying to relativize it - usually aiming to the misconception that in science "everything is true".

Last edited by Restrider on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by clennon8 Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:13 am

Restrider wrote:
Yes, it is "a theory." But the phrase "just a theory" is clearly meant in a pejorative way, and shows a clear misunderstanding of what a theory is. Basically, when a person says "Evolution is just a theory," they're painting it as sheer guesswork in an attempt to put it on an equal footing with Creationism.

But I know you know this.
clennon8
clennon8
Thorian Creeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:14 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Cain_slug.jpg

LOL

You didn't recognize it? You haven't had enough fun in ME2 then, sir!

Prothean security protocol is to run and hide. Honey badger security protocol slightly more intense.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 am

clennon8 wrote:
Restrider wrote:
Yes, it is "a theory." But the phrase "just a theory" is clearly meant in a pejorative way, and shows a clear misunderstanding of what a theory is. Basically, when a person says "Evolution is just a theory," they're painting it as sheer guesswork in an attempt to put it on an equal footing with Creationism.

But I know you know this.
See the post above yours. Liara
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 am

Usually people who haven't the foggiest idea how science works.
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:17 am

Rifneno wrote:

LOL

Prothean security protocol is to run and hide. Honey badger security protocol slightly more intense.

I had a hunch, but wasn't sure. That's what you get for being stuck on a console. Oh, how I miss my gaming PC.

And no kidding about the honey badger protocols. Laughing
DoomsdayDevice
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 am

That's what a Cain is capable off!
It hardens everyone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7fkp3ytO4&feature=youtu.be
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:27 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:
Rifneno wrote:

LOL

I had a hunch, but wasn't sure. That's what you get for being stuck on a console. Oh, how I miss my gaming PC.

And no kidding about the honey badger protocols. Laughing

Condolences. I can't imagine ME on a console. Well, I can, I guess that's the problem. Before ME1 got ported to PC I had the 360 version. Insanity on PC is easier than normal on 360. Aiming and moving with analog sticks. This hurts me. I think the only way I managed to beat the game was taking advantage of the RPG elements. Which is to say, leveling up off fetch quests and the like until Shepard was badass enough that he could take 5 mercs beating on him while I retaliated against the floor.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next