Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Skyrim fans out here?

+21
KevShep
Master Blaster
DSharrah
BlueLogic
Fur28
Brazukka
invetro
401 Kill
umadcommander
Steelcan
estebanus
Asari tears
Andromidius
Lady Jane
FFZero
solidsnake78
Norlond
BRAVO543211
Raistlin Majere
RavenEyry
GethJuggernautMKII
25 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Any Skyrim fans out here? - Page 5 Empty Re: Any Skyrim fans out here?

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 pm

I wish Skyrim had different starting points based on what race you chose. Does it make sense for a high elf to be carted off to an Imperial execution block?
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:06 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:I wish Skyrim had different starting points based on what race you chose. Does it make sense for a high elf to be carted off to an Imperial execution block?
Hadvar does express doubts. It's that commander that ignores due procedure, then decides to execute you before Ulfrik.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Oh ok, so it does make sense sort of. Doesn't matter much to me. I'm all for watching Altmer get what they deserve. I despise them almost as much as the Nords.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:23 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:I wish Skyrim had different starting points based on what race you chose. Does it make sense for a high elf to be carted off to an Imperial execution block?

Try this: Random Alternate Start Mod

I think it takes into account your race, as well as a "class" focus you choose, to give you a start location and beginning equipment. It's been pretty neat so far.

Also, my second character is now dead. I hate frost trolls.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Sadly Im a PS3 Gamer. Still waiting for the DLC Packs coming out in February. Taking slow and focusing on perfecting my custom build. Not too overpowered, but nothing the enemies should underestimate.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:29 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:Sadly Im a PS3 Gamer. Still waiting for the DLC Packs coming out in February. Taking slow and focusing on perfecting my custom build. Not too overpowered, but nothing the enemies should underestimate.

What's the fun in that! Being overpowered is what being dragonborn is supposed to be...I agree you need to grow to that, but at some point in the game...enemies should be complete and utter fools to even think about engaging you in combat!
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:40 pm

DSharrah wrote:
GethPrimeMKII wrote:Sadly Im a PS3 Gamer. Still waiting for the DLC Packs coming out in February. Taking slow and focusing on perfecting my custom build. Not too overpowered, but nothing the enemies should underestimate.

What's the fun in that! Being overpowered is what being dragonborn is supposed to be...I agree you need to grow to that, but at some point in the game...enemies should be complete and utter fools to even think about engaging you in combat!

Oh don't get me wrong, they still stand virtually no chance of winning. But the challenge is half the fun of Skyrim.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:56 pm

The thing I really love about Skyrim is that every game about you find a new place. For example, my new Nord character, though seeing as I have now got him to lvl. 59 he's not really new anymore, just recently stumbled upon a location I had never seen before now. Angi's camp. I would say I was pretty happy to find it, seeing as how it improved my Archery from 83 to 88. Really, no matter how many time you play this game, you always find at least one new thing, one of the reasons the game is so great.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Had an epic run at my latest "dead is dead" attempt.

Started with 2 bandits, then a necromancer before coming to dead man's respite at the tender age of level 1. Fought through a horde (embellishment) of draugr and braved deadly traps to reach the resting place of King Olaf One-Eye and his court. Defeated them all handily (barely survived). In the end I emerged victorious and laden with treasure. Then I was eaten by a bear.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:32 pm

BlueLogic wrote:Had an epic run at my latest "dead is dead" attempt.

Started with 2 bandits, then a necromancer before coming to dead man's respite at the tender age of level 1. Fought through a horde (embellishment) of draugr and braved deadly traps to reach the resting place of King Olaf One-Eye and his court. Defeated them all handily (barely survived). In the end I emerged victorious and laden with treasure. Then I was eaten by a bear.

At the rate you're going, fate will grow tired of producing more dragonborn to save Skyrim.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:09 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:Had an epic run at my latest "dead is dead" attempt.

At the rate you're going, fate will grow tired of producing more dragonborn to save Skyrim.

LOL

It is turning into a bit of a meat grinder. Mylee Mk IV has now entered service and achieved level 7. I'm investing in heavy armor and blocking now. Also figured out mounted combat. That's super fun with a great sword.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 pm

I tried out a few followers the other day. None of them really fit a thief all that well. I'm disappointed by how easily even thief followers get detected.

Is there anyway to direct a follower to mount a horse and follow you as you ride yours?
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:23 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:I tried out a few followers the other day. None of them really fit a thief all that well. I'm disappointed by how easily even thief followers get detected.

Is there anyway to direct a follower to mount a horse and follow you as you ride yours?
There is no way for followers to mount horses and ride behind you on XBOX and I think you have the PS3 so I wouldn't think so either, I'm thinking that there may be a mod for this on PC, but I'm not sure Regaurding that.

Also, there is a mercenary in the Drunken Huntsman and in her "pitch" she advocates Stealth as one of her abilities. I haven't tried her out, but maybe she would be stealthier than other followers.
401 Kill
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazukka Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:06 am

401 Kill wrote:
GethPrimeMKII wrote:I tried out a few followers the other day. None of them really fit a thief all that well. I'm disappointed by how easily even thief followers get detected.

There is no way for followers to mount horses and ride behind you on XBOX and I think you have the PS3 so I wouldn't think so either, I'm thinking that there may be a mod for this on PC, but I'm not sure Regaurding that.

Also, there is a mercenary in the Drunken Huntsman and in her "pitch" she advocates Stealth as one of her abilities. I haven't tried her out, but maybe she would be stealthier than other followers.
Is she a Dunmer? If so she became my offering to Boethiah Very Happy
Brazukka
Brazukka
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Brazukka wrote:
401 Kill wrote:

Is she a Dunmer? If so she became my offering to Boethiah Very Happy
Yes, she is!

I sacrificed Lydia to Boethiah, because I dont like the way she said "I am sworn to carry your burdens."
401 Kill
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:24 pm

401 Kill wrote:
I sacrificed Lydia to Boethiah, because I dont like the way she said "I am sworn to carry your burdens."
Seriously. What part of "Thane" did you not understand, Lydia? Besides, just trying to give you your sword back. It's sharper now. You're welcome. *grumble*
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Will Dragonborn appear on PS3 on the 5th? I sure hope so.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:47 pm

This from Game Informer:

"We knew the PlayStation 3 versions of Skyrim's Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard DLCs were coming this month, but now we know the exact dates.

Dragonborn is up first with a February 12 release date, followed by Hearthfire on February 19, and Dawnguard on February 26. PlayStation 3 players may have had to wait a little longer than necessary, but at least they're getting them all back to back.

All three DLCs will be on sale for 50% off during the first week of release."

Sorry you have to wait an extra week.

EDIT: God only knows why they are doing them backwards.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:20 am

Some bullshit about prioritizing Dragonborn because it is the largest and best rated expansio released so far. I'm glad to finally be getting Skyrim's DLC packs.

I swear if they pull this shit with the next two rumored expansions, I'm going to form a mob and storm their headquarters.

In any case I've finally solidified my characters's build if anyone's interested in knowing it details. The only mistakes I've made was putting 2 perk points into Armsman without realizing it does not improve dagger sneak attack damage.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:08 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:In any case I've finally solidified my characters's build if anyone's interested in knowing it details.

Nice, can you load it into a calculator and post the link?

GethPrimeMKII wrote:The only mistakes I've made was putting 2 perk points into Armsman without realizing it does not improve dagger sneak attack damage.

Bandit ... Damn. Thanks for the tip.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Well, my warrior made it to the ripe old age of level 17 before she bought it this time. Spotting a bandit perched precariously on a thin "bridge" overlooking a deep gorge, she decided it would be a good idea to charge across the fallen tree and execute a sprinting power attack. As she approached at break-neck speed, the bandit moved slightly to the left. I had a good five or six seconds to think about that mistake before the end. It was a beautiful view.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAVO543211 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:41 pm

My new main character has finally reached level 70! Now he can cut heads off with one swing of his sword or great sword, death by one or two arrows, and destroy anything with only a few spells, all while cruising along in Legendary improved Dragonscale or Daedric armor, with Dragonbone weapons as well.
Just got killed by a Legendary Dragon....
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Sorry BlueLogic. Couldn't get the build calculator working on my phone. But i can finally upload my build now that I'm home from my trip. I even whipped up a quick custom class description.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/255421

Class: Shadow
Race: Khajiit
-Shadows are rogues who specialize in the dark magicks of conjuration as well as the illusion spell, invisibility, to augment their stealth capability. Shadows can vanish from sight at will, while leaving conjured demons to serve as decoys to distract unsuspecting enemies, who are silently stalked and slain by lethal backstabs.

As a side note, most of my enchantments and poisons focus on inflicting severe magicka damage. This is especially effective against Dragon Priests and Dragons, who are very dependent on magic to deal damage. Twin storm atronachs and magicka depleting bows usually shut down all but the strongest dragons.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:09 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:Sorry BlueLogic. Couldn't get the build calculator working on my phone. But i can finally upload my build now that I'm home from my trip. I even whipped up a quick custom class description.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/255421

Class: Shadow
Race: Khajiit
-Shadows are rogues who specialize in the dark magicks of conjuration as well as the illusion spell, invisibility, to augment their stealth capability. Shadows can vanish from sight at will, while leaving conjured demons to serve as decoys to distract unsuspecting enemies, who are silently stalked and slain by lethal backstabs.

As a side note, most of my enchantments and poisons focus on inflicting severe magicka damage. This is especially effective against Dragon Priests and Dragons, who are very dependent on magic to deal damage. Twin storm atronachs and magicka depleting bows usually shut down all but the strongest dragons.

Awesome, thanks. I like how you're using a bit of combat, stealth, and magic. I've been sticking to archetypes lately, but this has inspired me to try to mix it up a little on my next run. Also, great tip on the magicka damage poisons. I had no idea you could drain a dragons reserves.
BlueLogic
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 pm

I rarely engage in direct combat. With most of my stat points devoted to magicka and stamina, most mooks can roflstomp me in direct combat easily. All my attacks are sneak attacks, and failing that my conjured decoys give me the opportunity to flank the enemy and cripple them with poisoned arrows.

I like how most conjuration remain useful at all levels. Flame atronachs are great for leading enemies on a chase since theyre quite fast. Frost atronachs make great meat shields. Storm atronachs are the perfect counter to dragons, and dremora lords are just what I need when faced with an overwhelming enemy.

I cant wait to get my hands on dawnguard and dragonborn's conjuration spells. They fit the theme Im going for better than atronachs do.
GethJuggernautMKII
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next