Any Skyrim fans out here?

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Any Skyrim fans out here?

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Aside from Raven's rather gross suggestions those are all good. I'm not sure what enchantment to go with. I'm thinking perhaps paralyze so I'm not entirely screwed if my backstab fails to one shot a powerful enemy. I've never been too big on enchanting. I'm trying not to make my character overpowered so I settled on just alchemy while still taking advantage of the raw levels from smithing to make decent weapons.

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

I am thinking of making a new Skyrim charecter that specializes in: sneak, light armor, archery, restoration and/or conjuration, and one-handed weapons. What would be the best race for this? A Breton perhaps?

Idea for new gun name: Divina Extinctor

Ego non expugnatura malum meum inimicorum. Ego non alliget cum meis impia inimicorum. Ego disperdam eos. Ego Solvite messoribus.
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 pm

I'd assume the altmer would be your best bet. I think they're the ones that get the bonus magicka as well as bonus skill points in all schools of magic.

PS3 ID: HJL14J ~~~~~~~ The ending is simply a pop quiz to see if you, the player, payed attention to the themes and messages present within the trilogy.
GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:I'd assume the altmer would be your best bet. I think they're the ones that get the bonus magicka as well as bonus skill points in all schools of magic.
They also make the Thalmor embassy mission funnier. You can pretend to be one and boss all the servants around.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:45 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
GethPrimeMKII wrote:I'd assume the altmer would be your best bet. I think they're the ones that get the bonus magicka as well as bonus skill points in all schools of magic.
They also make the Thalmor embassy mission funnier. You can pretend to be one and boss all the servants around.

I'm disappointed with the Thalmor. I thought they'd have more valuables to steal at their HQ in Solitude. They've yet to send their justicars out to kill me after clearing out the place anyway.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:06 am

Assasin...always an assassin - no matter the race or political background...especially when you can get gloves that let you do 30x damage w/sneak attack (the usual 15x damage doubled, when wielding daggers of course (and for me it is always dual wielding))...if it does not see me, it is dead.

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 am

This always cracks me up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlHXyRMd3tQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=2s

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 am

DSharrah wrote:Assasin...always an assassin - no matter the race or political background...especially when you can get gloves that let you do 30x damage w/sneak attack (the usual 15x damage doubled, when wielding daggers of course (and for me it is always dual wielding))...if it does not see me, it is dead.

Assassin types are almost too good.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by Asari tears on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:Quick, I need a cool name for a legendary daedric dagger.

I know I'm late here but what about "Dagger of the Daedric Prince"?

I usually name my weapons depending upon their make, and their enchantment.

I love enchanting.. hehe "Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!"
Asari tears
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by Asari tears on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:
DSharrah wrote:Assasin...always an assassin - no matter the race or political background...especially when you can get gloves that let you do 30x damage w/sneak attack (the usual 15x damage doubled, when wielding daggers of course (and for me it is always dual wielding))...if it does not see me, it is dead.

Assassin types are almost too good.

I always play a charcter that starts out as a thief and becomes an assassin, so I always do thief guild before darkbro hood. Unlike some others in this thread, I have no problem sticking to one character. My favourite thing about the game is immersion, so I always make my character to have traits similar to myself. It really sucks for carrying weight though Angry lol

On my xbox360 playthrough I have 340 hours racked up with my ccharacter. So starting again on PC feels very refreshing lol.
Asari tears
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:03 am

Asari tears wrote:

A bit late yes, but still a great suggestion. I was thinking of Mass Effect when I finally settled on a name, so I named my daedric dagger 'The Reaper's Edge' and my daedric bow 'Harbinger's Wrath'

I've always taken a liking to shadowy assassin types in fantasy games. Successfully sneaking around and throat cutting several enemies is a very rewarding experience.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:29 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:
Asari tears wrote:

A bit late yes, but still a great suggestion. I was thinking of Mass Effect when I finally settled on a name, so I named my daedric dagger 'The Reaper's Edge' and my daedric bow 'Harbinger's Wrath'

I've always taken a liking to shadowy assassin types in fantasy games. Successfully sneaking around and throat cutting several enemies is a very rewarding experience.

Isn't it though (bolded).

My maxed character that I am still playing is dual wielding dragonbone daggers...although I do need to remake them so I can officially name them...Alduin's Tooth and Alduin's Claw.

Otherwise I usually try to name the weapon after the enchantment...so a blade with frost damage and absorb health, Frostbite of course!
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 am

Asari tears wrote:I love enchanting.. hehe "Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!"

LOL

His voice is in my head!!

EDIT: So, to report on my earlier character experiment: She's dead. That is all.

Oh, you want to hear how? Sure. Well I picked up a starter set of iron armor and weapons from a Redguard I passed on the road. Called me a milk drinker, so I killed him. It was a tough fight. Used up all my potions before the end and barely survived. My second encounter on the way to the bandit camp was a wolf. I hit him, he bit me, and I immediately contracted rock joint. Prospects looking rather dismal I'd say. By the end of the night I was being chased through a cave by no less than seven angry men with arrows protruding from various places and big weapons pointing at me. I ran (slowly) until I found a defensible position at the top of a thin stairway. Up came the first attacker who quickly met my battle axe on its way down. This scene repeated itself several times, but alas the bandit captain himself soon appeared. Again I swung, but he quickly revealed to me the source of his authority over the others as he produced a shield and blocked my attack. He then produced a sword and sheathed it in my face. I'd worked a long time to get that face just right. Darn it.

Last edited by BlueLogic on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 am

Is it possible to claim Mercer Frey's house in Riften as my own after I kill him and restore the thieves guild?

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:43 am

GethPrimeMKII wrote:Is it possible to claim Mercer Frey's house in Riften as my own after I kill him and restore the thieves guild?

I don't think officially...but I believe once it has been cleared it stays cleared and you can use it to stash stuff if you want to...
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Asari tears on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm

BlueLogic wrote:
Asari tears wrote:I love enchanting.. hehe "Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!"

LOL

His voice is in my head!!

EDIT: So, to report on my earlier character experiment: She's dead. That is all.

Oh, you want to hear how? Sure. Well I picked up a starter set of iron armor and weapons from a Redguard I passed on the road. Called me a milk drinker, so I killed him. It was a tough fight. Used up all my potions before the end and barely survived. My second encounter on the way to the bandit camp was a wolf. I hit him, he bit me, and I immediately contracted rock joint. Prospects looking rather dismal I'd say. By the end of the night I was being chased through a cave by no less than seven angry men with arrows protruding from various places and big weapons pointing at me. I ran (slowly) until I found a defensible position at the top of a thin stairway. Up came the first attacker who quickly met my battle axe on its way down. This scene repeated itself several times, but alas the bandit captain himself soon appeared. Again I swung, but he quickly revealed to me the source of his authority over the others as he produced a shield and blocked my attack. He then produced a sword and sheathed it in my face. I'd worked a long time to get that face just right. Darn it.

Are you telling me you've found a mod that allows for facial wounds? Because I have a blood texture mod that allows for wounds to appear on the body, but never on the face....

Also, yes anytime I hear or see the word "enchantment" in Skyrim I think of Sandal... It's kind of immersion-breaking lol.
Asari tears
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Asari tears wrote:Are you telling me you've found a mod that allows for facial wounds? Because I have a blood texture mod that allows for wounds to appear on the body, but never on the face....

Sadly no, because that would be awesome. I was just being dramatic as I was playing by "dead is dead" rules and I lost my character. Luckily for me, her identical twin just started a career in adventuring. :)
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Asari tears on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 pm

lol that would suck for me...

I fall off mountains a lot..
Asari tears
Pod Crab

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Asari tears wrote:lol that would suck for me...

LOL

Also, just found this and wanted to share: Sneaking in Skyrim
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:05 pm

BlueLogic wrote:
Countered: http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=012312
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 pm

'Dead is dead' is way too hardcore for me. I tip my hat off to anyone who can pull it off. I've experienced quite a few stumbles along the way to perfecting my strategy.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueLogic on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
BlueLogic wrote:
Countered: http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=012312

LOL Must have been a police horse back in the day.

GethPrimeMKII wrote:'Dead is dead' is way too hardcore for me. I tip my hat off to anyone who can pull it off. I've experienced quite a few stumbles along the way to perfecting my strategy.

Yeah, I'm just trying it out myself. It makes the mundane more exciting, that's for sure. Glad I made a separate save when I first began so I can reload that and start over with the same carefully crafted character model. My second attempt has been a success so far. Torn through a few low level bandit camps and managed to craft a set of steel armor and a great sword. Man, those things pack a punch. Nice departure from the methodical sneak and strike style I usually favor.
BlueLogic
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by GethJuggernautMKII on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:28 pm

In HearthFire, how much freedom will I have in selecting the piece of land I wish to build a house on?

Also, my twin daedric paralysis daggers are a huge success. Combined with a powerful health damaging poison, my enemies are left lying helplessly on the floor while their last ounce of health dwindles away.

GethJuggernautMKII
Varren

Back to top Go down

Post by 401 Kill on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:48 am

Asari tears wrote:lol that would suck for me...

Idea for new gun name: Divina Extinctor

Ego non expugnatura malum meum inimicorum. Ego non alliget cum meis impia inimicorum. Ego disperdam eos. Ego Solvite messoribus.
401 Kill
STG

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:39 pm

GethPrimeMKII wrote:
RavenEyry wrote:

I'm disappointed with the Thalmor. I thought they'd have more valuables to steal at their HQ in Solitude. They've yet to send their justicars out to kill me after clearing out the place anyway.

That is one thing that I thought of recently that I was a little disappointed in...was thinking that it would be cool to play through the world of Skyrim as the faction based on the race that you chose...so if you chose a Thalmor you could be a spy sent to destabilize the area and make sure that it was easy pickings for the invasion.
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top