Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games are you looking forward to this year?

+11
Fur28
Hanako Ikezawa
magnetite
hukbum
solidsnake78
Hrothdane
Norlond
Restrider
RavenEyry
Raistlin Majere
BRAVO543211
15 posters

Go down

What games are you looking forward to this year? Empty What games are you looking forward to this year?

Post by BRAVO543211 Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:47 pm

I know the games that know for certain I will be saving up for, but what about everyone else? What are you looking forward to this year?

For me, in order of the most look forward to to least:
1)Metro: Last Light
2)Crysis 3
3)Splinter Cell: Blacklist
4)Gear of War: Judgement
and 5) Call of Duty 2013, most likely to turn out being Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4.
BRAVO543211
BRAVO543211
Varren

Location : The horrble irradiated remains of Boston, on a quest to locate the Scourge of the Wastes, DCHoaxer

Back to top Go down

What games are you looking forward to this year? Empty Re: What games are you looking forward to this year?

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Dead Space 3 is the only one really now that I think about it... and even that one i am keeping a close eye on reviews before doing anything.

I guess I am in a drought at the moment, mostly keeping an eye on what Nintendo announce, waiting for something interesting to pop up.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

What games are you looking forward to this year? Empty Re: What games are you looking forward to this year?

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Rome total war 2
Europa universalis IV
Pokemon X/Y
English version of fire emblem awakening

(Though I don't have a 3DS so getting those last two is a shaky prospect at the moment.)
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Restrider Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Starcraft II - Heart of the Swarm
Restrider
Restrider
Blood Pack Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:29 pm

RavenEyry wrote:Rome total war 2
Europa universalis IV
Pokemon X/Y

(Though I don't have a 3DS so getting those last two is a shaky prospect at the moment.)

If you do get a 3Ds, pick up Kid Icarus Uprising as well, that game is great and features the funniest dialogue I have heard in a long time.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 pm

GTA 5
Rome 2 TW
Final Fantasy 15 (2013?)
Saints Row 4 (2013?)

All for PC of course :stick:
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Norlond wrote:
Final Fantasy 15 (2013?)

After XIII they will need something truly amazing to get me back to the Final Fantasy franchise...which saddens me deeply considering how much i valued some of the earlier games, especially IX Crying
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:
Norlond wrote:
Final Fantasy 15 (2013?)

After XIII they will need something truly amazing to get me back to the Final Fantasy franchise...which saddens me deeply considering how much i valued some of the earlier games, especially IX Crying

Just give me Versus XIII dammit.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by solidsnake78 Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Bioshock Infinite
The Last of Us
Rome 2 TW (I think Ive spent more time playing Rome 1 then any other game)
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Pokemon X/Y
Thief 4
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (would be #1, but I doubt it will be out in 2013)
solidsnake78
solidsnake78
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by hukbum Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:54 pm

I've just one on my list: The new X-Com. Not enough money atm, but I really need to buy it Joyful

And - don't really know jet - JA3 (don't know what it's called). I really like this sort of games Smile (I played JA2 about 20 times I think)
hukbum
hukbum
Abomination

Back to top Go down

Post by magnetite Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 am

Sim City

I played the original game in 1989 on a Pentium 33 MHz (or was it a Pentium 286 I forget, it was over 20 years ago), as well as the later installments (2000, 3000, and SC4).

Now they're coming out with a new one on March 8th I believe.
magnetite
magnetite
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:34 am

RavenEyry wrote:

This game right here is what put a 3DS on my To Buy List.

For XBOX, all I can think of is Aliens: Colonial Marines and Defiance. Oh, and Dragon Age 3 if it comes out this year.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:48 am

Splinter Cell: Blacklist
The Last of Us & Beyond Two Sould(getting a PS3 for these two)
Bayonetta 2
Fuse

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:57 am

Oh right, how could I forget:

Ni Nu Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

What happens when you ask Studio Ghibli to do the story and graphics of a videogame? Awesome stuff! (I hope)
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Starscream Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Tomb Raider first and foremost. I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan.

I'm also looking forward to Watch Dogs, Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3, but I doubt any of those titles will be released in 2013.

I know that The Witcher 3 will be released on the PC and the next-gen consoles, so I think we won't see that game until late 2014 or 2015. Not sure about Cyberpunk 2077, which is also being developed by CD Projekt RED as we speak.
Starscream
Starscream
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Iggy Koopa wrote:Tomb Raider first and foremost. I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan.

I played some of the new Tomb Raider at CES. It looks like a pretty solid game so far, and I have never gotten into the series myself. From what I played, the focus seems to be more on the gameplay and less on making the game a "star vehicle" for Lara Croft. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hrothdane Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Nice to see so many Total War fans. I'm looking forward to Rome II, but mainly because it means we are one step closer to Medieval III Wrex

I'm a huge Fire Emblem fanboy, so I'm going to get the new game as soon as I buy a 3DS. Pokemon X/Y are on the list as well, but I need more competitive people to play against since I moved. Atlus owns my soul, so I'm excited for Shin Megami Tensei IV (whenever that is coming out).

Heart of the Swarm is a must for me as well. Hideo Kojima always surprises me, so I'm always excited for what he's going to bring next.

All in all, there are just so many good games coming out this year that I would probably have to take up half this forum page talking about them.
Hrothdane
Hrothdane
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 am

Why is it going to take two months for Fire Emblem to get from NA to Europe? Why? It's already translated! What could you possibly be doing in two months?
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:08 am

None. I have a large library now due to Steam sales, and I'm not counting and DLCs/MMO-patches/expansions in this.

Butttt if I had to, I'll first go off previously mentioned games:
-Pokemon X/Y
-FFFIV:ARR

Um I dunno what else. There will be games I'll be INTERESTED in, but not looking forward to.

The things I'm personally looking forward to, in my gaming life are:
-The Secret World patches
-Rift: Storm Legion patches
-Anything from Bioware in DLC or an announced expansion to Mass Effect 3, that indicates anything close to Indoc Theory

Everything else is a bonus, because I got too many damn games right now!

Back to top Go down

Post by umadcommander Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:48 pm

GTA: V
Amnesia, A machine for pigs
not sure about anything else, i'll have to check whats being released
umadcommander
umadcommander
Rachni Brood Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:
Norlond wrote:
Final Fantasy 15 (2013?)

FFIX was good.

I'm with Spoony on this count though; VIII, X, and beyond are shallow and uninteresting. XIII in particular just seems like a cry from Square; "Please let us make another Spirits Within! We really wanna do a linear movie!"
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Fire Emblem: Awakening! Until now, that is the single most anticipated game for me.

estebanus
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Thi4f
Total War: Rome 2
Lone Wolf: Flight From the Dark
Dragon Age III
Arian Dynas
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:02 pm

Arian Dynas wrote:

FFIX was good.

I'm with Spoony on this count though; VIII, X, and beyond are shallow and uninteresting. XIII in particular just seems like a cry from Square; "Please let us make another Spirits Within! We really wanna do a linear movie!"
I'm one of those crazy people who liked XIII. Not that I ignore it's flaws, but I still enjoy it. XIII-2 sucked so extremely hard though.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down