Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Post by estebanus on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 16:09

Once again, I draw my sword, torch in the other hand.

"Well, so much for not being stabbed in the back, huh? Ah well, I could use some training!"

One of the ghouls, probably a female once, stetches out for my arm. I quickly react by sidestepping to the left, leaving "her" arm exposed. I cut down with my sword vertically, and I see the creature's arm drop to the ground. As she slowly staggers back, I manage to hit her with my torch, setting what little ragged clothing she had left ablaze. I quickly kick her away with my left leg, and send her running deeper into the catacombs.

"I hope she doesn't cause too much damage down there. We wouldn't want the castle set ablaze, now would we?"
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 16:17

One of the ghouls comes running straight at me. I bash him with my shield and in the split second in which he´s immobile, I pierce his neck with my sword, killing the damn creature.

"What say kill these creatures and help the one that isn´t trying to kill us?" I shout.

Last edited by Fur28 on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 16:27; edited 2 times in total

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 16:26

Responding to one of the men whose name I have yet to learn, I respond with:

"I agree, though watch which ones you attack. We seem to have some on our side as well. Best not to hit them and turn them all against us."

Meanwhile, three of the enemy ghouls surround me, but in a quick flash of light amongst the dark Catacombs all three fall dead.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 0:07; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 16:29

"Always better to try and help those who aren't trying to rip out your heart or eat your brains."

I turn around to face the ghouls that stand between us and the allied ghouls.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 16:33

I make a beeline for Enrico itself, giving the closest ghoul on the way two whacks, the second shattering it's skull.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 17:10

I see a ghoul charging for Ven. Preparing to leap onto his back.

"Ven! Behind you!"

With a shout, I send a flurry of snow from both hands, pushing forward with the force of gale winds, as I feel white hot needles piercing my skin. I watch as the ghoul seems to stop, slow, then, freeze in place, its body being slowly covered in rime.

One problem taken care of, I choose to deal with the light, the priest's torch having been knocked into a pool of standing water. A slight pressure comes to my temples as the tip of my staff begins to glow, the runes along its length following suit.

I point the tip at a group of ghouls, and watch as their skin ignites.
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 17:13

I strike the ghoul behind me without looking, shattering its skull, and continue on, pushing two more out of the way, drawing father and farther from the group.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 17:44

I draw Avenger and fire three arrows in quick succession at the ghouls busy trying to take down Ven.

All three find their mark, not killing blows, but enough to stagger them. I follow Ven through the crypt.

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 17:50

After dispatching three more ghouls, I notice Mister Orlandi and the man I heard Prince Aaron call Ven running off someplace.

"Where are you two going? We should stay in a group."
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 18:01

I go and slash the head off the three stumbling ghouls in a single blow, then turn to the kid with the mask

"Only way to stay a group is if you follow us, no?"

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 18:42

I turn around again to see this "Ven" person running off after Enrico.

"That fool", I mumble to myself, "He's going to get himself killed. Ah, to hell with it, I'm not going to let this day turn into a double funeral!"

I smash another ghoul in the face with my pommel forcing it to fall down. I bring my foot down and hear a loud crack, pulping its head with my boots.

"Everyone, follow Ven! He'll die without our help!" I yell at the remaining people around me.
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 19:05

"Ven, Ven?" I call out, as I lose sight of him in the darkness. Where is he?

I turn a corner to be met by two ghouls. At short range I can only shove them back as I fumble for an arrow in my quiver.

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 19:15

I see everyone going after the man named Ven. In protest, I cry;

"But what about King Alonso's remains? These ghouls will devour him if we leave them unprotected. Not only that, but the Father is too scared to move. If we leave him alone in here, he will die!"
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 19:33

"I agree!"

I look at him, the coffin and in the direction of the others.

"But maybe attacking two important targets will confuse them and split up their force, so we can concentrate better on dealing with each target."

and already the ghouls are splitting up in two groups. So I suggest:

"Erik, come back. We three here will defend the priest and the king's body. Let the others deal with Enrico. Once we have defeated the ones surrounding the sarcophagus, we will head over to the others and help them."

But I add,

"But protection comes first!"
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 6:48

Ven, now having drawn closer, has a clear look at the Ghoulish King and his assailant; surrounded by ghouls battling ghouls on all sides, Sandro seems to have seized Emmanuel by the wrist and is pulling him closer, bringing a fist crashing down upon his head. A loud yowl answers the question; they do indeed feel pain.

Dropping to the ground, Enrico seizes his opportunity, and his king's ankles, upending him and pinning him to the ground, his claws clenched about the ghoul king's throat. You're left to wonder for a moment what need the dead have for air, but Sandro seems to be strangling nonetheless. Enrico brings his face closer down to His Majesty's ear, as if to whisper in it;

"It's about time."
----------------------------
As soon as the rest of the funeral party begins to run off, Aaron, thinking quickly, turns to the coffin and begins muttering, waving his hands about and gesturing with his staff.

He's preparing a very powerful protection spell.

In an instant; a flickering, a bubble of light appears over both the now unconscious priest and the sarcophagus of the king, one that seems to shine light in every direction, one which every ghoul near to the coffin sees the results of firsthand, as two of their number, attempting to lift the lid off are consumed in sudden fire that appears to spring from nowhere.

While watching the duel of the king and his great nephew, Ven looks to each side of himself, and sees two ghouls standing there; in an instant, as he dives to the floor to avoid a swipe from each, he feels a long gash being made on his shoulder from the claw of one of the pair. An instant later, six more ghouls split off from the pack to join the "fun".
As she charges to aide her companion, Llan suddenly stumbles in her assault; pain shoots electrically through her ankle; a large, black-clawed hand has grabbed it from the darkness, and sunk the long, secateur-like claws into her flesh, going through her boot as though it were paper.
His fingers stiffened by the chill air; the reactions of Rodrigo Orlandi are simply not fast enough today; charging forward, the two ghouls dive for him, driving him to the ground under their weight, knocking Avenger from his hand, and snapping half the arrows in his quiver; one raises its clawed hand and rakes it across the struggling man's chest; blow after blow rains down upon him, tearing his flesh and eliciting a scream of pain. The other opens its mouth to take a deep bite from his shoulder, as the Tureni's eyes widen.
Alright; you're all going to need to either deal with your injuries, or help save your friends here; things are looking dire. Anyone who wants to attack Enrico/and or save King Sandro will need to know that Enrico, being an especially powerful ghoul, bloated on the flesh of the living, can take the equivalent of 2 superlative hits, due his wounds, and, being extremely fast, requires a successful DEX check to hit. He has no real special abilities, and, attacking him successfully will force him to defend himself, causing him to release his hold on Sandro, who will help you; he has Superlative Strength and Dexterity, and anyone may use his aide in a post.

Any ghouls who enter the bubble cast by Aaron will be destroyed nearly instantly, burning to ash in a heatless flame.

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 6:55; edited 1 time in total

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 6:53

Ignoring the pain, I leap to my feet once more and bury one of my attackers with under a flurry of blows, before breaking the jaw of the other with the end of my staff, knocking the air from his lungs, and then prepare to receive the next six.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 7:07

Suppressing a scream of pain, I twist around and skewer the ghoul who grabbed my foot's skull, both killing it but tightening its grip on my leg. I grab the claws currently in a deathgrip and pry them apart and out of me, wincing as the cold catacomb air touches the wound. I get up and while tenderly putting weight on my wounded ankle, I survey the battle and notice the injured Mister Orlandi. Ignoring the pain, I run to his aid as quick as I can and dispose his two ghoul assailants.

I then spot the duel between the two ghoul leaders and slowly and stealthfully limp towards the fight to assist.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 18:51; edited 2 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 7:21

I rush to the fight between King and nephew, and bring my sword down on the younger's back, releasing a cry of pain, forcing him to unhand the King, who rises to defend himself from further attacks.

I take a jump back to take battle stance as I notice the ghouls surrounding Ven, I charge to his aide, and bring one down with a mighty blow.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 7:32

Squinching up my face in pain, every wrinkle can be seen in the flickering light. As I turn around, I see the horror unfolding in front of my eyes, but luckily, as I watched my friend, being prepared to be eaten alive, Llen, in spite of his obvious pain, rushed to assist.

I however remain near the priest and the sarcophagus to kill the weakened ghouls who dared to approach the light.

The first two I kill with ease, a combination of my staff and longsword, the first one killed by driving my sword right through where his heart once was. The other one goes down by a combined blow to the head by my sword and staff.

Seeing, however, how bad Rodrigo looks I prepare to cast a healing spell to save him from death.

Last edited by MaximizedAction on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 17:12; edited 1 time in total
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 7:51

The attack from behind causes one of the advancing ghouls to turn around, only to receive a strike to the lower spine, causing it to collapse in pain. I follow through with a low sweep, knocking the legs out from under two more, one hitting the floor with the crunch of skull on stone.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 8:04

I saw Llan sneaking behind Enrico, too focused on me to even notice, when he leaped forward, intent driving the blade of his weapon into Enrico's back, while I swing my sword at Enrico with killing intent.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 18:38

I see the ghouls surrounding us a bit confused by what happened to their two friends who just tried to approach the coffin. I decide to take my chances.

I start reciting the spell, raise my sword, wait a second and then direct the energy with my staff.

His shoulder and chest wounds slowly begin to staunch and his blood clot, the crimson tide ebbs, slows, then stops altogether. Equally as quickly, the wounds begin cleaning themselves of filth, wet, pink, but now clean, as though thoroughly scrubbed, muscle and flesh laid bare; not moments later, Rodrigo releases a loud gasp.

After my own pain passes, my temples feeling as though they may explode, I shout an inquiry; seeing if my friend is alright.
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 2:45

I bring down a swing, cracking the last ghoul in the neck, dropping it to the ground writhing in pain, I run up and make a two-handed swing at Enrico's shoulder.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 22:36

Driven back now by John's sword blow, Enrico Emmanuel II, onetime treasurer of Arul, releases the neck of his former King, diving backwards to avoid the killing steel, only to himself slip in the water and upend his own body.

Moving as fast as only his ghoulish speed would allow, putting an end to use of the term "The Quick" in reference to the living, he rights himself in a single, acrobatic motion and dives backwards, only to feel his back pierced by a thin piece of fine, elvish steel. He lets out a yelp of pain, his own speed matched by "his" he swings, pulling himself from the blade in a single motion, his claws extended, intent on snapping them across "his" throat like the tasseled end of a whip.

Instead, Llan'Faan, child of the elves, dives, her own lightning reflexes saving her life, but costing her her identity. As The Emmanuel's hand comes down upon the featureless porcelain mask defending the young woman's anonymity, it simultaneously shatters, driving splinters into her cheek, and rips from it's place, the ribbon that held it there as easily split as the skin surrounding her chin.

Dropped to the floor, and clutching her face as blood bubbles from between her fingers, another blade comes slashing from the darkness, leaving a long gash horizontally across Enrico's back. He yowls with pain once more as Ven, appearing like a Willo-The-Whisp in the Contyrrian peat-bogs, brings his weapon down in a two-handed swing across the shoulders of the undead giant, snapping the end of the now useless stick cleanly off. Roaring with agony, Enrico spins to address his new attacker, the lowly peasant who had dared to injure him, bringing a fist around with clear intent to cave the man's skull, only to bruise his own knuckles on the warrior's shield.

Growling like a lion, Sandro Santoyi charges from the darkness, launching himself at his younger contemporary, a flying kick knocking Enrico to the ground, as Sandro charges forward, loping on all fours like a gorilla from the south, coming to a stop as he places his knee on the younger courtier's chest, and placing a long claw under the other ghoul's throat.

"And so always to tyrants." Mutters the king, in a fit of irony, right before driving the claw into Enrico's jaw, "killing" him instantly.
"Enough!" he shouts, drawing the attention of all the ghouls still among the ambulatory. Every dark, unliving eye turns to face their king.

"I declare King Alonso's pact invalid! He shall be buried here among us, his forebears, and none shall disturb his remains or defy my ruling! I shall not spill the blood of my own line any further! The fighting shall CEASE!"

Every ghoul in the room immediately stops, several looking ashamed, if their limited facial features and decaying phisiologies could indicate such. King Santoyi steps over to Llan, helping her up and pulling her much smaller arm over his much higher shoulder, her bloodied hand still clutched to her face, her hood still covering the rest of her head, as he leads her toward the rest of the group, while the ghouls, their civil war ended nearly as quickly as it had begun, shuffle off, picking up the dead, nursing their own wounds, which will never heal, or encircling the sarcophagus, looking, if such things were possible, almost noble and regal.

Several seem to disappear, before loud crashing noises emit from the hallways stacked with bodies and coffins. Then, presumably, the same ghouls return, now bedecked with aging finery.

Some you are sure you could recognize now; Queen Elamandra Santoyi; who held off a Northman raid for nearly 9 days with nothing more than a band of kitchen maids nearly a hundred years ago. Some you're sure, could be her maids, buried with honors commensurate to any knight.

Duke Guiscard Fonmal, the Gharonian nobleman who came as both ambassador and assassin, before turning on his country and aligning himself with the Arulian king, once he saved his life. Beside them stand more, and more, faces from your national history crawling up from their graves to attend the funeral of the newest of their membership.

King Santoyi comes to a stop before the bubble of protection, handing Llan off to one of her compatriots, before making a powerful leap himself, straight in the air, to the ceiling, and disappearing, before returning moments later, clad now in a tarnished, but beautiful suit of mail, the plates covered with the finest of gold filigree, a beautiful longsword at his hip, and the tarnished crown still upon his head.

"We are ready." he says " Your friend, the man-of-the-cloth may stay; I shall give the eulogy, you shall bear my grandson's body, then we may all depart."

Awright; Aaron can drop the protective shield now, and the party may pick up the coffin. Llan's identity is still secret, but that will likely change once she stops clutching her face, now that her mask is broken and ruined.

Someone in the party must decide who caught and is helping Llan, while the rest of the party pick up the sarcophagus. The priest is still unconscious, but alive, and could likely be carried with little difficulty by anyone with a strength above 10.

Rodrigo's injuries are mostly to his chest and shoulders; while far from ambulatory, he is conscious, if in pain, and will likely need to be carried as well. His wounds can be bandaged any time, though, that should likely be done upstairs. He can be carried by anyone with a strength above 10.

Ven is mostly uninjured, but for the gash on his shoulder, and should be able to move along fine.

Once the party has done everything they need to to prepare, they can lift up the coffin and continue down the corridor, coming to a stop in front of a stone door, leading into a smaller room. Once that happens, I'll post another update.

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Sat 19 Jan 2013 - 4:17

Having caught Llan moments before they hit the floor, I help them rise to their feet again and support them as we return to the coffin.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top