Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Post by CoolioThane on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 am

"This hurts."

Excruciating. Feels like something has ripped my chest open...

"I'm sorry for being a burden, but could someone help me out?" I groan out, wheezing slightly.

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 am

Hearing the injured man's groan of pain, a ghoul, drawing equal to the king in height walks over, clad from head to foot in slightly-rusted platemail, and, in a single, gentle motion, lifts Rodrigo, carrying him like a swaddled child.

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:20 am

Gripping my face with both hands in pain, I am barely able to open my eyes but can feel a large presence lift me up, carry me, and then hand me over to someone else. While this is occurring, I use my other senses to survey my condition. I feel that my already damaged and probably broken ankle was now even worse off after being knocked about by Enrico, I could feel porcelain slivers and shards stuck into my face. Then, with what little distance I can open my eyes, I look between my fingers and see the large presence that helped me had been the Ghoul King, and the man the others called Ven was who he handed me to. Straining to speak, I whisper out the question:

"King Sandro Santoyi, what was the pact King Alonso made with you that Enrico Emmanuel mentioned?"
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 pm

The undead king turns his head to address the young man who, thus far has pleased him greatly.

"That is a long and boring tale, young one. Are you certain you wish to hear it?"

Upon waiting, and no response forthcoming, the tall king sighs, a feat you're surprised his unliving lungs could summon.

"Alonso knew that he could not hold this castle; he had known it for a very long time; I disapproved of many of the choices he made, but his forebear, your "prince's" forebear, had displeased me far more; he was a spendthrift, and a louse, who wasted the family's money on fine food, expensive wines, and equally expensive whores. He is responsible in many parts for Arul's sad state. He attempted to expand our borders; thinking himself a match for me, in my prime, only to result in the ruination of our army.

At seeing the desperate situation, Alonso had come down to the catacombs to think; we have lived down here a long time; by my ruling alone we have kept from meddling in the affairs of the living, surviving off the corpses of our contemporaries, who did not join us in this... punishment.

When I found him, I was alone, and came before him; he nearly died of fright, thinking me some mindless creature come to kill him, but, after we spoke, I chose to offer my grandson protection, if he would leave and seal our catacombs, thus forever removing the temptation to go above and hunt the living.

He refused, and instead, offered me a bargain; he would provide the bodies of the dead for us to eat, he having learned that, without proper sustenance, we sleep, and in exchange, we would defend the keep should the most desperate need ever arise. We are glad it has not; for should such a defense come down to I and my people, those who have already given their lives for their country once, then the peril of the kingdom should be grim indeed."

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 pm

After hearing Sandro Santoyi, the first King of Arul and now King of Ghouls, share the details of the contract made between him and his decendant King Alonso Santoyi, I express my gratitude for the information.

"I thank you for sharing your tale with us, Your Majesty, and wish you and your kin and kind a well-deserved rest."

Then, through a combination between shock from my injuries and exhaustion from holding that pain at bay until the battle had concluded, I slowly drift off into unconciousness.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I wouldn't have thought this would happen, but I'm being carried by a ghoul. I didn't think I'd feel the embrace of death whilst still breathing.

"Thank you." I try to whisper to my carrier before I fall into the depths of unconsciousness.

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:07 pm

I walk around with my torch, burning the corpses on the ground.

"Never can be too sure, can you?" I say as I turn myself to the party. I see Llaan Faan lying on the ground, her eyes closed. I quickly run over to her, but sigh with relief when I still see her breathing. I then lean her up against one of the catacomb's walls, making it more comfortable for her. Afterwards, I go to the undead king in order to thank him.

"I thank you for your assistance, your grace. We wouldn' have made it without your help."

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 pm

I see the creatures building a circle around the coffin and King Sandro also stopping. It takes me a short moment to realize that it's the protection bubble they are avoiding.

So I swing my staff from one side to another and the light above the priest and the coffin disappear; and as it vanishes I can feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders, bit by bit.

Seeing a ghoul carrying a horrible looking Rodrigo I decide I should bring him up. But seeing Ven's injury from a ghoul's claw I decide I should make sure that no infection or anything else from this battle could befall him.

"Ven, hold still, I feel I should take care of your wound. At least stop the gash from bleeding and disinfect it. That should do it for now, at least until the funeral is over."

So I repeat the spell I used on Rodrigo earlier on Ven.

I then slowly walk towards the ghoul carrying an unconscious Rodrigo.

"Thank you very much", as I indicate he should hand him to me.

"Are you coming, Erik? We will return once we brought Llen and Rodrigo upstairs. It makes no sense keeping them here, the butler will take better care of them."

Last edited by MaximizedAction on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 pm

I nod my thanks at Aaron then stand vigilant by the coffin should further trouble arise.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm

I smile when I hear Aaron's words.

"Good to see you're alive, my prince. I'm coming."

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:08 am

While slowly floating in and out of conciousness, I hear Prince Aaron mention to the others about taking me and Mister Rodrigo upstairs to be treated for our wounds while the others carry King Alonso's burial to completion. I lift one of my hands, covered in the blood that is seeping from my face, and push it against the wall as leverage to get up, my other hand still gripping my face to stead the flow of blood. I groan through gritted teeth.

"You cannot do that my lord. I must...see this...through."

At that moment, either due to the blood on my hand removing all friction between me and the wall or just the sheer exhaustion from fighting to retain my conciousness, I slip and collapse back onto the cold stone floor. I land upon my injured foot and let out a yelp of pain.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:26 am

When The Fork-Beard steps forward and thanks the ghoulish Santoyi, Sandro smiles, in a fashion you would figure not unkindly, on any other face, and gently corrects him before turning to face the coffin again;

"Your majesty."
--------------------
As Aaron requests the ghoul to hand over his injured compatriot, the ghoul shakes its helmed head.

"It would be better that I carry him, your Highness." says he in a deep voice, one that seems to reverberate metallically.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:04 pm

I turn and address the "young" agent.

"Don't try and be a hero, Llan. Get some rest. And watch your foot, ok? Don't put too much stress on it."

In short order, I rejoin Aaron;

"Yes, I'm coming."
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 am

With his final word, the ghoulish knight, his armor still enameled with red plates, carries Rodrigo upstairs, laying him on a bed in a guestroom, before returning to collect the unconcious Llan.

Upon his third trip, the unconcious priest in his arms, Banchello spots the ghoulish knight.

He spends his fourth trip carrying Banchello up to a guestroom.

Banchello will eventually awake, thinking that he had fallen asleep in a guestroom, and been struck with some horrible nightmare, until that is, he checked the other rooms, and found the unconscious bodies of two of his Highness's retainers.

Hours later, after the end of the funeral, the group would return, to find them bandaged, cleaned and cared for, with Banchello sitting quietly in a study, with a lit fire, trying to figure out what it is that is apparently making him go mad.

--------------------
After the red knight's return, the funeral party sets out; the coffin borne upon the shoulders of the living, while the dead make up the funeral march; a group of ghostly players materializes from amongst the racks of bodies, and strike up their incorporeal, but still functional, instruments, bringing a mournful tune to the air; a funeral dirge.

The funeral comes to a halt in front of a stone door, carved with a great many images of knights at tournament, fair maidens, and images of the like. Erik pauses momentarily before the door, opening it with his keyring.

The funeral party, along with Sandro file in, stopping and laying the black, marble sarcophagus down upon a bier, as Sandro turns about to speak, addressing the dead beyond the door, as well as the living still inside the small funeral chamber.

"We gather, living and the dead, to bid farewell to my great, great, great-grandson; Alonso Santoyi; thirteenth King of Arul, and taken far before his time, for if any should know, it be us."

Sandro contines on, giving you time to do what you wish during the service.
--------------------
Ok, go ahead and do what you wish to do during the funeral, and things of that nature; preferably, those attending the funeral, be quick, so that the unconscious partymembers upstairs can interact too, unless they choose to simply spend their time staring at walls.

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:03 am

The first time I awaken, it is due to the extruciating agony of Bachello's emergency surgery opon my wounded ankle. Thoughtfully, he has given me a towel to bite into while he mends my injuries so to avoid me biting off my tounge or breaking my teeth due to the pain. I cannot open my eyes because they are crusted in the blood that has seeped from my facial injuries, and all I smell and taste is the rag that has been placed into my mouth for me. I hear a large snap as each of the bones in my leg are set, shrieking a series of muffled screams as it happens before finally losing conciousness.

The second time I awaken, I open my eyes to see only darkness. I reach to my face and realize that the entirey of it is covered in bandages, revealing not a single feature. I feel pressure on my leg and deduce that it is probably being caused by a splint to help keep the bones in my ankle in their position until my body heals them into place naturally. I also feel that my armor and weapons have been removed, and I am now in my underclothes. Using my senses, I discover that nobody is near me, so assume the others aren't back from the funeral yet. Unable to move, despite all my intentions for the contrary, I sorrowfully surrender to the reality of my situation and drift off into an uneasy, dreamless sleep.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Still a little confused about the ghoul demanding to take care of our two injured friends, and worrying about Bachello, I stand in the funeral chamber with the others, alive or dead.

I see the others waiting, so I decide to say something.

"I thought about the king, my father, every day since leaving the first time; and despite of our...misunderstandings I always tried to solve our differences in my head. And I always imagined that he did the best he could for those he cared about. And so should everyone else remember him."

I inhale,

"But now, if you all allow me, I would like to close this chapter."

"Father, it was all unimportant. The increasingly frequent arguing. About the land. About the kingdom. About you. About..."

he hesitates for a short moment,

"...mother. I am sure you did the best you could. And somehow, I cannot help but wonder if the sadness and emptiness that has befallen this land had also befallen you. If it was I that has taken the life from your living then I am sorry...for everything."

he takes a long breath,

"I am not a man of faith, but I hope that where ever you are now, you can be happy again for as long as Gallobcháir would have the nightlights exist. Goodbye dad."
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 am

After the son finishes, I approach the father, mumbling "Rest well, friend", just before a nostalgic smile flashes across my face for a second and add; "you old bastard."

Then I stand there waiting patiently, observing, as per my usual.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 am

The ghouls all nod as one, and file out in a stately manner, before each disappears to his or her appointed rest; the will of Sandro binding them in death as it did in life, and overcoming their baser desires; choosing sleep, and the torment of perpetual hunger, to harming the family.

The return to the keep's main floor is uneventful. Part of you almost misses the presence of the dead kings.

--------------------
Alright, you can now go where you wish in the castle; it's still raining out, but the rain has lessened considerably to a light drizzle. The time is slightly after dusk, where the sun has just gone down, so each of you only has time to visit perhaps two rooms each before it gets too dark to see comfortably, so kindly place your requests, and commiserate in the conversation thread.

Banchello is somewhere around the castle, as is Giacamo; the surrounding land is mostly hilly country, much like the northern part of Italy; a town is perhaps a half mile from the castle itself, though the shops and homes will surely be closed.

Once you've placed your requests, and decided where each of you will be going, let me know in the conversation thread, or send me a PM, I will provide details on that room. You can chat freely while still in the foyer and discuss all this in character, if you wish.

The locations you can visit include Rodrigo's and Llan's rooms; in addition to all the rooms listed on the keep section of the assets sheet.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 am

I walk straight to Llan´s room, opening the door without knocking. The room is pretty simple, stone floor, a window to the opposite direction from where I stood, a table, a fireplace and a four poster bed where Llan was resting.

After closing the door, making a noise loud enough to wake the sleeping Llan with a start, I wait a couple of seconds to let him take notice of my presence.

"From my experience, fast sneaky people are also good at certain "things" aside from combat. So here´s the deal; you open me the door to the Wine Cellar and I do something for you in exchange" I said to Llan in a declatory tone, making it sound as though he had no choice in the matter

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 am

I hear footsteps in the hall approaching my room and the creak of my door opening. Despite being aggrovated by his manners, or lack thereof, I sucumb to the fact that I need him for something.

"You assume much, but are not mistaken. How about this? You fetch me something to serve as a crutch, and I will help you gain entrance to the wine cellar. Does that sound fair?"

I hear not him so much say as grunt an affirmative and sense him leave my chambers. I feel around for my uniform and locate it folded neatly by my bed. Lacking time to don the armor pieces, I quickly put my clothing on and wait for the man's return.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 am

Stepping out of the room and into the Hall I notice a hatrack. I walk closer to it, and after further examination I determine it will suffice as a crutch. I take it, not caring about what Banchello might think of my actions, and carry it to Llan´s room.

Opening the door the same way I did before. I place the hatrack right beside me.

"I know you "honorable" types won´t do such thing as breaking in into your own king´s cellar, and I believe that as soon as I give you this "crutch" you´ll refuse to honor your part of the deal, so, how do we do this without you betraying me?"

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 am

Enraged at the man's accusations of me going back on my word, I reply angrily:

"How dare you accuse me of such! I honor my pacts! Besides, without my assistance you don't gain access to your precious wine. I am content to stay in this bed. The question is are you content to go thirsty?"
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

I walk up to Llan, right beside the bed. I Look at him for a few seconds and then, with a small smirk, leave the hatrack in front of him. Then I walk outside the room.

"Hurry up kid, I´ll lead the way"

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 am

Using the hatrack as leverage, I hoist myself off my bed and settle the substitute crutch into position. I follow the man to the wine cellar. To pass the time, being deprived of most of my vision by the bandages, I become curious.

"If you don't mind my asking, who are you and how do...did you know His Majesty, King Alonso?
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 am

Standing in the foyer again I look around. Finding Llan well cared for, I ask for Rodrigo's room.

I knock on the door, preparing to see the worst, and enter quietly, but audibly. Banchello put him in one of the rather simply appointed guestrooms. I see Rodrigo is awake and say in a silent, compassionate tone;

"Rodrigo! Rodrigo."

I approach the bed,

"I remember finding you in a bed. But I do not remember ever finding you alone in a bed. How are you feeling?"

As I look around, recalling the scene in the catacombs, and how this room is not too far from a resemblance to them, I inquire to his state of wellbeing;

"You enjoying this room?"
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top