Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:44 pm

Seeing Ven jumping up from his seat I say

"Woah there, Ven Makrean. As I can imagine we are in a difficult situation, but surely not as desperate that we can throw away our manners overboard."

I turn my eyes towards the new important person in the room,

"Or is it?"

As I stand up, I greet the General while nodding my head,

"Greetings General Ceas. I do not remember the day exactly, but only that it was a long time ago since we had the pleasure of talking."

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:21 pm

I stand at attention and give a quick salute to the general.

"General Ceas, it is a pleasure to see you, sir. If we want to get this place back in shape, we will need all the help we can get sir. Can we count on your help, sir?"

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 am

The general nods in acknowledgement of the Steward, and begins to speak.

"Normally I'd tell you all to be seated, but, with the Grand Prince in attendance, I have no right but to "suggest". Once you're all done with breakfast I'll brief you all on the situation right now; eat up. As I understand it we had an interesting encounter last night. I'd like to know the details your highness, later that is."

After the entire party has finished their breakfast, now a cup of coffee sat on the table before each, a slice of crunchy, half-eaten coffee bread currently twirling in the fingers of Arul's chief tactician, the general having taken his seat at the foot of the long dining table, the duke named Ceas stood to address his prince.

"As I'm sure you all saw on your way here, the Contyrrian army is on their way; a force of nearly 500 strong; elite troops, knights, the finest archers that the usurper-king could gather up.

As things stand, we don't. We have no army, standing or otherwise, the men having scattered to the four winds, swords been forged into plowshares. We have only the equipment in the armory, and not much else. Even if we could get our hands on enough soldiers inside of the 5 days it'll take the Contyrrian army to get here, they's still be so green that they'd make a head of cabbage jealous. We'll be lucky if we can teach them the difference between their arses and a hole in the ground by then.

I won't say it doesn't look bad; because it does. We have 5 days until they arrive at Castle Santoyi; they'll likely start with Riulle, the city closest to the coast; it will take them maybe a day to overwhelm the militia there. After that they'll start marshaling their forces, building siege weapons, and this war will be over inside of a week the moment Castle Santoyi falls.

I can marshal perhaps 25 men on my own in that time, but needless to say that's not nearly enough. The only other two generals, Halbeckter and Armah are a pair of incompetent idiots who can barely do their own jobs. If you don't mind me saying so your highness. I'd dismiss them myself, but unfortunately they're the most senior generals on my staff.

The local nobles, Barons Luc Vauelard, Antonine Szilar and Franco Garmon have all refused to send their militias, claiming bandit attacks have been forcing them to hold their men back. I noted this happened to coincide with their claim that they couldn't send their back taxes since they needed to feed their people this year. Vauelard, Szilar and Garmon have also similarly refused to come to a general's staff meeting. It's just as well; Vauelard and Garmon are a pair of fops who don't know one end of a sword from another anyway.

That's the situation your highness."

--------------------
If pressed about the situation, Duke Ceas will suggest a quick, quiet coronation that he would preside over tonight, in which, while not king, he could declare Aaron the Crown Prince, and thus add to your political clout. Entire country of Arul is perhaps a half-day's ride in each direction. From border to border it's only about 20 miles. The Theocracy of Turen, and their capital, Ascalan, is about 40 miles to the south, and you could cover that in two days. The Serene Republics and their capital of Manara are 60 miles to the west, and the Grand Empire of Contyr, and their capital of Connic is about 293 miles north-east.

Last edited by Arian Dynas on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 pm

After listening to Duke Ceas' report on the situation and think for a moment, I say:

"Excuse me, General. If I may speak sir, I suggest that in order to best repel the invasion we must split into two groups. One group will go to the town of Riulle to help fortify it's defenses and train troops while the other group heads to the nobles and helps eliminate their bandit problem in exchange for the use of their militias to help stop the Contyrrian army when they arrive."

I then look around the group to decide who should be in each group. After deciding, I continue:

"I suggest that Goodman John, Goodman Ven, and Sir Erik head up the defense team at Riulle. Meanwhile, Prince Aaron, Goodman Rodrigo, and I will head up the group to aid the nobles."

After laying out my strategy, I look around the room at everyone present while asking:

"Does everyone find this plan agreeable, or wish to add anything to it?"

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:55 pm

"Wait a minute, Llan. I think it'd be appropriate to read the king's will aloud for all of you, wouldn't it? We might not have a chance anytime later."

I turn toward the prince and stare into his eyes.
"Do you agree, my prince?" I ask.
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 am

Returning from my seemingly absent manner, I return to the here and now and react to what has been said

"Yes I agree.

With everything. Llan's proposal for our proceeding with regards to the looming battle, as well as you, Sir Erik.

Please read the will out loud."

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:06 am

I sat there watching Aaron and Erik discussed what to do of Alonso´s will.
With nothing to contribute I turn to Llan ano give her a nod to let her know I agree with her plan.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:37 am

"Alright. I will go and get it now."

I leave the room and go to get the king's will. After a few minutes I return, will in hand.

"Now then, shall we?"

I take the will and read it out aloud.

"I Alonso Santoyi, King of Arul hereby decree the following;

I wish a message be sent to my son, Aaron Santoyi, whom I have not seen in many a year; ask him to forgive me my foolish pride.

My son disowned, his fate unknown, I have no choice but to leave the monarchy to my remaining loyal retainer, Erik Sigurdson, my steward, who is to be named prince-regent in my absence until a suitable heir be found.

My personal effects I leave to Sir Sigurdson, to do with as he wishes, since I am beyond caring. The castle Santoyi I also leave to him, along with all its staff.

In the event a suitable heir is found, I ask they not be named nor crowned king until the kingdom find itself stable once again.

I ask that no matter how desperate the situation be, that under no circumstances should my nephew, Franscois of Gharone be crowned king; I would rather my kingdom fall to the subversive elements of Contyr first. Both of which will occur only over my dead body.

In the event you're hearing this Aaron; I'm sorry."

I slowly roll the will up again.

"That... is certainly not what I expected", I say.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:24 am

"I like Llan's plan. I also had an idea...not sure if it is worth it, but it could work. They have 500, right? We have nowhere near that many...but we could make it look that way. If we could put something together, like a pulley on the battlements, we could attach torches and then use it to look as if we have tens on each battlement." I explain with the feeling I was bieing stupid.

"I mean, it might buy us some time, as they would no doubt be a bit shocked at the "numbers" we had?" I continue. "On the other hand, I could be spouting rubbish, in which case I'll just stick with Llan"

I laugh and wait for responses

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:31 am

"A small army on a forced march? We could just enter the woods near them and... thin the ranks before they reach here. It would damage their morale for a few dozen men to disappear on what they expect to be an easy conquest."
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:33 pm

"Neither did I,"

is my first response to the will,

"but rules are rules, prince-regent Sigurdson. So what do we do now?

Considering how we should waste as little time as possible, how do we apply Llan's plan now? If you, prince-regent Sigurdson, are the closest to a ruler we have, maybe you should go then with the group that helps the nobles, instead of me?
For then you will be the one in the best political position to convince Barons Luc Vauelard, Antonine Szilar and Franco Garmon to lent us their help."

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:45 pm

"I was just about to suggest that, my prince. And you'll be coming with me. Eventually, you will be the king. It's best you get expedient with political intrigue now than going into business unprepared."
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:12 pm

As I hear Rodrigo's suggestion, I look towards him.

"The problem with that my friend, is that it would first of all, only work at night. Torches generally aren't seen in full daylight, and we have no guarantee when they decide to attack. Another problem is of course that if they do attack at night, it will already be too late no matter what. They might have an initial surprise at this "unexpected" change of events, but once they storm the wall and notice that we were just fooling them, the castle would be lost either way. We don't want that to happen.
Llaan's course of action is definitely the best one. Waiting for them to attack us here does not help anyone but the enemy."

I turn towards the prince.

"My prince, do you have any objections about me taking you with to the nobles? If so, I'd like to hear them."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:43 am

After an annoyed sigh

"Since we´re getting one of these two to fill the empty spot" I say pointing at Llan and Rodrigo

"I say we get the one who didn´t almost die yesterday"

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:29 am

I resign to the change of plans reluctantly and say:

"Well, Sir Erik you do make a point. Both you and my lord should go together to request the noble's aid. And due to...me being what I am and no way to hide it, perhaps I should go with the ones preparing the defenses around Arul. besides, Prince Aaron will probably feel more comfortable with his old friend there with him than alone with two people he barely knows."
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:08 pm

After hearing out everyone I ponder about it for a short while

"No, Sir Erik, no objections. I will join you.

And Rodi, I hope that you will accompany us? I am sure a bit of first hand experience in diplomacy would not hurt you either. Besides, in your current state you should avoid larger battles as much as possible."

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:45 pm

I am a bit saddened my carelessness in the catacombs denies me the opportunity to fight, but I'm glad I get to accompany Aaron!

"Definitely, old friend. I wouldn't want to show up the others anyway." I say with a laugh.

"Llan, be careful!" I add before turning to stand with the Prince.

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:14 am

I nod and smile at Rodrigo's sentiment.

"I will, and you as well Master Rodrigo. I wish I could come with, but since I can't, make sure my lord is safe as well. That goes for you too, Sir Erik."

I look towards Ven and John, then say:

"Goodman Ven and Goodman John, I look foward to working with you two."

Suddenly I remember that I am still using Aaron's staff and say to him:

"My lord, you may require your staff in order to deal with the bandits. I can find another object to use in it's stead if you wish it returned to you."

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:13 am

I looked at Llan and gave her a nod of approval

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:10 am

"I will take it back, assuming that if you are to secure a city you are at least able to walk well enough with a regular object.

But I will only take it back once you can present to me an alternative. For a city that sees its protection limping, will likely not get the boost of morale we are aiming for - and then there is of course the enemy..."

I say with a light smile, as to not to offend her.

"So once I can be assured that you have an alternative I will take it back. Do you have a plan in mind, yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Arms crossed and pulling a hand mid-air

"I´ll make one"

I say, with the intention of getting out of this place and moving on faster with our task

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:19 am

I look towards John and with a small smile say:

"Thank you, Goodman John. I really appreciate it."

I then offer Prince Aaron his staff back.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:23 pm

"Llaan, you might want to think about concealing your face", I say, "I think you know how men react to seeing a woman do the jobs they can't." I smile at her.

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 pm

"Those ears may scare... simpler folk too."
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 pm

"Well, most of my face is still bandaged, and even though I no longer have my mask, I stil have my hood so that should help conceal my identity from them. And if not, I will have to deal with it since I cannot cover my face until it's healed more. I appreciate the concern though."

Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top