Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Post by CoolioThane on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:25 pm

The coffin is heavier than it looked, or maybe it's just because I'm so used to firing arrows from far away I've not got the strength the others seem to have.

"Are you okay Aaron?" I ask as we pass through the gatehouse

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:44 pm

With the others carrying his Majesty's coffin, I lead them through the keep and into the foyer.

"We should bring King Alonso in here. His Majesty will rest here until the funeral is set to begin."

They all lower it gently and respectfully, then scatter around the room to do various other things. I myself head upstairs to the guest quarters and find the room laid out for me. I enter and start a fire in the firepit and curl up next to it so I can get dry and warm. I watch the fire dancing around the logs and licking the air as if they have a mind of their own, and I slowly drift into a light sleep.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 pm

After much walking, I finally get myself to the foyer with half my cheese already eaten.
First thing I notice is the 4 men lowering the King´s coffin, I stare at the coffin for a moment, after that I just situate myself in a corner to relax and eat what's left of my cheese.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:27 pm

After I put down my side of the casket especially carefully, I sit down on the floor beside it, losing myself in early memories.
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 pm

After having regained my mind from staring into nothingness, I realize that the prince has actually greeted me. I sowly walk over to him and say my greetings.

"Hello, prince Aaron. Your father has told me quite a few stories about you. Look, if you ever need my help, you just ask, all right? I'll be here if you need me."

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:59 pm

Sitting beside the coffin, I look up to the big knight and reply

"Thank you, I gladly accept your assistance. May I ask for your name, though?"
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 am

"My name is Erik Forkbeard. I hope you don't mind if I don't tell you my real surname. It's kind of personal. For now, Erik will do.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 am

I see the large man is finally on his senses and talking to the Heir.
So i walk up to him, interrupting their conversation, as i extend my hand to him
"The keys to the Armory"

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 am

I turn around, wondering who this person might be. To my surprise, it's a man in his late 40s.

"Not so fast, my friend. Why do you think I will give you the keys to the armory so light-handed? I don't even know you!"

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 am

Upon hearing the Large man´s question, i anwser
"How do you expect me to protect the kid over here" pointing to the Heir with my head "without a sword?, And let´s just say we had a friend in common, a royal friend"

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:18 am

I mumble under my breath, "well, you could use that thick skull of yours..."

"All right. Let me show you the way to the armoury. However, I warn you: If you take anything without my permisssion, I will punish you personally, understood?"
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:20 am

"Sure whatever, as if i haven´t heard that before, lead the way" I said with an annoyed look on my face

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 am

"Well, come on then. I doubt you'll be very satisfied with the... current state of the armory."

Last edited by estebanus on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 am

I then start following Erik.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:24 pm

I go to the armory. I open the door with a key and let John inside.

Inside stands a motley assortment of armor stands, weapon racks, most of which are half empty; the rest is dominated by barrels of arrows and quarrels.

Racks of CROSSBOWS hang from the far wall, both the HEAVY and LIGHT varieties, there are only a few left; perhaps 14 in all, counting both types.

LONGSWORDS sit idly nearby; perhaps enough to arm 20, maybe 30 men, with to my surprise, a few remaining KITE SHIELDS still sitting nearby; perhaps enough to arm the same number.

A far bank of armor stands, looking like nothing so much as a congregation of pretend soldiers, with enough full suits of CHAINMAIL to outfit 40 men, with some leftover leather GAMBESONS fit for another 30. In a chest, I even find a supply of 100 tabards, bearing the royal family's coat of arms.

Lining the far wall sit a collection of 20 polearms, an assortment of BILLHOOKS, PIKES, and HALBERDS.
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 pm

A knock comes at the door, startling Llan awake.

"Mistress Faan?"

It is a familiar voice, and one that is not unkindly; the reedy voice of Banchello, the butler, a man who has served the Royal family of Arul nearly as long as you have, though with considerably more age to show for it. The door opens and a thin, aging fellow, clad in a dilapidated and rather scruffy-looking, but, at the same time, no less cared-for, suit of clothes, red with tarnished silver brocade, trimmed with fraying gold.

"Come in Banchello."

"Mistress Faan, it seems that the men of the party are below, from what I overheard, they are preparing for the funeral; should I run a bath for you, or are you ready to join them now?"

"I'll let them be for now. Sir Erik there to make sure they don't get into trouble. I could use that bath, though."

Following a pleasingly hot bath, one that warms her to her core, Llan Faan pulls herself from the water, dresses quickly, and goes downstairs to join the party.

--------------------------

Standing at attention, waiting for the other man to finish his buisness in the armory, "Sir" Erik hears the gentle click of boots upon stone coming from down the hall.

Moments later, Banchello appears, and stands before Erik.

"Steward, the funeral party is nearly ready downstairs; they await you at your earliest convenience."

As quickly as he appeared, Banchello heads off, apparently surprisingly sprightly for an elderly gentleman.

With the need for the panoply of war satisfied, John and Erik return to the rest of the funeral party, locking the armory behind them.

--------------------------
In short time, the party is gathered around the coffin, prepared to commit his majesty's mortal remains to God and the grave. In seemingly perfect timing, there comes a knock, loudly booming at the great wooden door leading into the foyer.

Upon being opened, a tall man steps in; the white collar of a priest encircling his neck.

"Hello my son; is his majesty ready? Is the funeral party?"

After a unanimous assent, the priest steps forward and waits beside the Catacomb door. Erik approaches, a key in hand. A first twist elicits a loud bang, a second, a deep thunk, a third, a harsh click, and the door swings slightly inward. The party then thread the poles through their loops on the sarcophagus, lifting and working their way through the door.

The catacombs are by no means a pleasant place; neatly aligned shelves fill every wall in every direction, slowly decaying bones, all bleached white, neatly organized and wrapped with a silver chain appear infrequently among the macabre storage spaces.

Turning to his left and seizing a torch from the wall, the priest pauses only to light it, before leading the way deeper into the catacombs.

Water has leaked in, soaking the floor, and pooling along it. As the funeral party splashes along, another sound intrudes.

Laughter. Harsh, wheezing and slow. Laughter.

"Who dares to invade my kingdom?"

-----------------------
Ok, figure out what you did with the stuff from the armory, figure it out among yourselfs, also be sure to figure out who is carrying the sarcophagus, and whether or not you're going to put it down or not. Either way, how do you all react to the voice?

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Having fashioned a crude quaterstaff from a thick polearm earlier I point it at where I thought the sound came from.
"There"
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:42 pm

"Hey, Mask kid, go check that out"
I said after taking my sword out expecting trouble

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 pm

After hearing the voice and the older man shout out for me to check it out, I nod in acknowledgement and activate the triggers on my arm mechanisms, unsheathing a blade, extending from the elbow, from each arm. I then slowly walk foward towards the source of the mysterious voice slowly and silently.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 pm

I pull out my sword and shield.

"Voices in the dark? Really? Ugh, and here I was, thinking that this funeral wouldbe a totally normal one for a change."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 pm

"Go back up the kid, i don´t trust his blade-arm things"

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:55 pm

I lower the coffin carefully to the floor and strike a combat pose, ready for anything that might appear.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 pm

After I got up again from lowering the sarcophagus, I let my hands hover at a small angle, looking concentrated.
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:05 pm

seeing as everyone is doing it, i have no choice but to put down the sarcophagus too, taking my shield out after.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:03 am

The voice begins laughing again;

"You encroach on MY realm! The living are not permitted here!"

The priest is holding his torch forth, fumbling with something at his collar. Something is moving in the shadows, something fast.

Alot of somethings.

Stepping forth into the light comes a tall shape; greater than a man, the poor light throwing its features into bas relief. Black teeth jut from a pale white jaw, covered in paler skin. It is clad in nothing, nothing defending its modesty. It's eyes are dark, sunken, and nearly completely black.

Its hands are shaped into foul claws. The voice speaks again, issuing from all around you.

"The Living are not permitted here."

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top