Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Inheritances: Consquence - Action Thread

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:13 am

Being the closest, I dash towards it to strike, fully intent on sending whatever this...thing was back to the Realm of the Dead.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 am

"Llan! Stop!" I cry aloud...
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 am

Hearing Prince Aaron command me, I stop my attack mere feet from reaching it's intended target. I look back at him with a confused look.

"My lord...?"

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 am

"So Prince, know anything about this thing?"

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:54 am

"Seems to be some damned undead. I've dealt with them before, trust me. Burning them is the best option."
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 am

"No. Wait, no one do anything."
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:59 am

"Sure, let's not attack that ugly naked thing with it's claw-hands and blackened teeth! I hope you know what you're doing, my prince."
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 am

"I heard legends and studied about things like them. I also need to recall exactly what it was people said. They did to come out alive to tell the story."
MaximizedAction
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:10 am

"Well, just in case... Priest, give me that torch of yours, will you?"

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:52 am

Before you realized, you suddenly notice; you're all completely surrounded, ghouls, crawling through the darkness in each direction, ghouls hanging from the ceiling by their hands and feet, some, upside down like bats.

The voice laughs again.

"You bring a delicacy! A meal fit for... heh heh, a king. The body of a king, for a king. For me."

Dropping gradually from the ceiling, righting himself with his feet as he climbs down comes one ghoul, taller than the rest, a once fine crown seated upon his brow.

He gives a perfect courtly bow.

"Hello, your majesty. Or are you still a 'Highness'?" says he with a strange grin upon his malformed face, one which you are not entirely sure if it bears sincerity or insult.

The priest, eyes wide and trembling now, has handed his torch to Erik, muttering catechisms under his breath as quickly as he may.

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
"We didn't go out with a bang or a whimper. We went out with a whisper."
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:39 am

I take a step towards the ghoul who addresses himself as the ruler of the others, and say.

"Greetings, your Majesty."

I cross my arms over my chest and then lower my head in a bow to show this 'Ghoul King' respect and stay in that position as I say.

"I am a retainer of King Alonso's son, his Highness Prince Aaron Santoyi. He is still new to his birthright, so does not know how to address a great king such as yourself so with your permission, I will speak on his behalf. We are sorry to intrude on your great realm. We simply came here to lay our former ruler to rest. With your Majesty's blessing may we have permission to bury our lord in your hallowed Catacombs."

I stayed in the bowed position while I await the Ghoul King's response.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 am

I don't really like dead things, especially dead things so close to my friends. These ghouls don't seem pleasant, and I don't like that Masky has stepped so near.

"Llan, be careful"

"Excuse me Mr. Priest, have you ever encountered these things before, or are they relatively new tenants?"

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:06 am

The priest opens his mouth to speak, when the ghoulish king begins to laugh, looking at Llan.

"You speak well, little man. Your words do you and your prince credit. Although they are insincere, and you spoke ahead of your master, your tongue pleases me. You've come to bury my great, great, great grandson then? Although my belly wishes it were otherwise; my mind rules. I will not harm any of my line. And I know, were I to harm you, your ruler would step in, and we would be forced to kill him."

"Very well. You may bury your king, and he shall go unmolested by us, but I and my people demand to be present, and afterward, you shall go from this place, and leave me and my realm in peace. Though I ask that your friend;" he points, indicating the priest. "Leave. Let my grandson be buried without hollow sermons."

The priest, now slowly turning a rather pleasant shade of puce, seems almost ready to explode into an apoplectic tirade at this "blasphemy". he opens his mouth to speak, as another voice chimes in.

"Sandro! You cannot have any intention of allowing the living egress through here! They have trespassed on the land granted by the man in that coffin! He stated that he would never be buried here! His contract is violated! We should take this delicacy, and the whelp!"

"Enrico Emmanuel II! You DARE address your king such!? I rule over the dead of this family, this court! You do not! Be silent!"

My Collected Works The Bioware Buisness Plan, The Birth of the Reapers, and An End Once and For All
Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:20 am

I bend to pick up the coffin once more. I'm not getting on the bad side of Sandro. I met a Sandro once; he was very angry when he witnessed me in his wife's bed. In my defence I don't know how I got there...

"Are we ready to continue? Masky, want to come back here now?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 am

While the ghouls of King Sandro Santoyi and Enrico Emmanuel II argue, I heed Mister Orlandi's suggestion and slowly walk back towards the main group by the coffin.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:39 am

Just like the other two, I stow my shield, and go pick up the coffin, with sword still in hand, just in case.

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 am

Lifting the coffin again, I whisper to Llan once he reaches us,

"Very well done, Llan, thank you! Maybe next time I will improvise instead of trying to think of the right thing to do. You show great diplomatic skills. Maybe I should keep you around for extra advice on diplomacy, when mine alone is not enough."

Back to top Go down

Post by estebanus on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:08 pm

"Oh, undead infighting, is it? Oh fine, as long as I don't get stabbed in the back."

I sheathe my sword and follow the others down the crypt.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

--George Orwell
estebanus
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Honored by Prince Aaron's words, I blush and am thankful for the mask I wear hiding it from him and the rest of the group. Flustered, I quickly scramble out my response.

"Th...Thank you for those kind words my lord, but I am no diplomat. I just picked up a few little tricks from observing the meetings within the royal chambers from the shadows is all."

I then look at the two main ghouls, whose names I recognize from history as King Sandro Santoyi and Enrico Emmanuel II, and say to the group.

"I believe we should continue onward. I do not know if their dispute will end with only words, and we are currently caught between them and their subjects."
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaximizedAction on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:17 pm

"Yes, let us move."

So I try to position the coffin more comfortably on my shoulder only to realize quickly that it is not the weight of the coffin that is making me feel uncomfortable.

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:09 pm

"I thought death would be the end of it if I ever got married...guess not" I whisper to myself as we continue with the coffin.

"Masky, nice blades," I say with a wink "almost as sharp as your mind."

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:02 pm

I look towards Mister Orlandi and say with a smile and a nod.

"Oh no, I can assure you that my blades are much sharper than my tongue, Mister Orlandi. But thank you."

Unused to the attention, I then try to redirect his attention to other matters.

"We should hurry, though. I don't know what will happen between those two ghouls and would prefer not to get stuck in the middle of it."

Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by RavenEyry on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:04 pm

I stay alert for the slightest movement from the ghouls while walking with the advancing coffin.
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Arian Dynas on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 pm

At that moment, another ghoul suddenly climbs down from the ceiling, righting himself as he does, to stand in your path.

"Where do you think you're going? My lord Enrico!"

The group of ghouls turn as one to address the sound, the twisted face of Enrico Emmanuel snarling in anger.

"You see you old fool!? They seek to run! To escape us! They deal with you unfairly, and manipulate you! Kill them!"

At once, the entire pack of ghouls, sans the Ghoul King begin to charge, when Sandro's voice, a note in it you haven't heard before cries out.

"Stop! They are under my protection, and any who harm them will answer to me!"

The pack comes to a sudden halt, with the majority turning to face their king. Enrico pipes up;

"You are an old fool, you dealt with their king, and gained us nothing, when we should reclaim the keep, our birthright above! We'll take them, and you as well! It is time one more worthy wore the crown!"

"Perhaps, but that someone will not be you, Enrico Emmanuel II! Charge, my people! Honor the compact!"

And with that, the ghoul pack splits, half led by Enrico Emmanuel II, the other following Kind Sandro Santoyi.
--------------------------------
The entire group is now surrounded by ghouls loyal to Enrico II; feel free to fight your way through, or attempt to join King Sandro, who seems determined to protect you, for reasons you don't exactly understand. In either event, the ghouls themselves can take 1 good strength hit, and 1 average strength hit. I've updated the combat rules for the people who weren't here when I first posted the, they can be found in the main thread. The catacombs are identically designed; long corridors, defined by stone shelves, originally carved from the floor, and a domed roof. A ghoul has also just jumped at the priest, has wrapped its hands around his neck, and is quite intent on strangling him. Anyone who wishes to help him, may do so.

Arian Dynas
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:45 pm

I quickly dash towards the the ghoul strangling the priest. In one quick motion, the ghoul realizes that his arms have been severed and a second later, his decapitated head joins them on the floor. I then tell the priest:

"Get near the coffin. We'll make sure none get past."

I then dash towards two others ghouls and send them to join their fallen friend.

Last edited by Selim Bradley on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top