IT: The Ultimate Quotes Collection

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: IT: The Ultimate Quotes Collection

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Hah, yeah.

Nice!

It also just means that the current cycle ends. They will cease the harvest because they can finally complete the human Reaper now.

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Argolas on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Yeah, pretty obvious.

"The cycle will end." Yes, our end is nigh, I get it already. You told us many times before.

"The reapers will cease their harvest." As they always do when they are finished.

"and the civilizations preserved in their forms will be connected to all of us." Yes, I know. You reapers ("us" = "reapers" all the time) will welcome us in your fancy network.
Argolas
Cannibal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:03 am

I kinda believe that any of the three choices just makes the virtual world inside a Reaper -_-, or something.

And just High EMS Destroy snaps you outta it. ...or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Fri May 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Citadel finds that I forgot to post in this thread: (still need to add them all to OP - will do)

Jack: Good enough so that if you're ever hurt, barely breathing, lying under a pile of rubble at the ass end of this war, you're gonna have something that tells the galaxy you belong to me.
Shepard: hey... you worry too much.

Kaidan: But I thought Shepard was dead!

Grunt: Never trust that guy.

Garrus: And at the very end, we push the button. Job well done.

Zaeed: And it would have worked if not for goddamned DNA!

Garrus: One man's decorative glass wall fixture is another man's explosive glass wall fixture. (...)
Zaeed: Weaponized wall fixtures, Shepard. Wave of the future in home defense.

Mordin (singing):
Through many dangers, foils and snares
I have already come
'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home
*sharp breath*
(Speaking): Maybe next time! Until then, will stick to Patter songs!

"A good leader is someone who values the life of his men over the success of the mission, but understands that sometimes the cost of failing a mission is higher than the cost of losing those men." - Anderson
DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreHarbinger on Fri May 03, 2013 11:44 pm

DoomsdayDevice wrote:

Jack: Good enough so that if you're ever hurt, barely breathing, lying under a pile of rubble at the ass end of this war, you're gonna have something that tells the galaxy you belong to me.

I'm over it now, but i remember first hearing that not long after the DLC came out. I mean really if that's not 4th wall breaking, screaming in your face. Then it's simply a troll.

I really hope it's not the latter, i would feel Bioware laughing at me if it were a troll.

Blood Pack Boom-Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing on Fri May 10, 2013 4:50 am

WeAreHarbinger wrote:
DoomsdayDevice wrote:

I'm over it now, but i remember first hearing that not long after the DLC came out. I mean really if that's not 4th wall breaking, screaming in your face. Then it's simply a troll.

I really hope it's not the latter, i would feel Bioware laughing at me if it were a troll.

I don't think it was trolling. They wouldn't do that to us, not after all this time. At least, I really, REALLY hope they wouldn't.

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:36 am

There is a quote that has not been posted on here. I will go find it and add it onto here.

Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:23 am

Late but....

" Each of you needs to be willing to die. Anything less and you're already dead."

Optimus Prime: Sometimes the paths we wish we desire sometimes have to be fought by words, other than guns. However with the recent events of the Reapers arrival the time for words is over. In order to protect the humans we must stop the Reapers no matter the cost are.

Autobots transform and role out!

http://forum.bioware.com/groups/637-was-the-ending-a-hallucination-it/
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:14 am

Nice!

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Each of you needs to be willing to die. Anything less...and you're already dead.

or

I fight for freedom. Mine, and everyone's. I fight for the right to choose our own fate. And if I die, I'll die knowing that I did everything I could to stop you. And I'll die free.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:39 am

A quote speaking towards our general situation:

Turian Ambassador: "Our judgement must be based on facts and evidence, not wild imaginings and reckless speculation."

Reckless speculations and wild imaginings indeed.

While I'm at it... "Are we submitting dreams into evidence now? How can I defend my innocence against this kind of testimony?!"
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:20 pm

The three-card monte Vorcha.

"Choose"
"You LOSE!".

Three cards - left, middle, right.

"...choose!"

Three choices on the Citadel - left, middle, right.

"Awww... you lose.".

Back to top Go down

Post by planehazza on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Nice thread, with lots to think about.  I'm one the biggest ME fans out there, but I can't help but think that you're all just clutching at straws now.  I love ME and can't imagine me ever liking a game more than I do ME, but I think the devs are done with it now.  I do think IT was part of the game, but I think lines are being read too literally now.  They are devs with similar passions to us, but at the end of the day, they're also in it for the money, especially since EA got their grubby little hands on it.  I doubt we'll ever see a 4th ME game based around Shephard and the Reapers.  I do hope 3 wasn't the last of the franchise though.

I was playing ME MP yesterday during N7 Day and a BiowareDev joined our game.  I was chatting to him and didn't ask any questions about development or future games, but I was asking what it was like playing the game that they'd built etc, and answers were all in a very past tense tone - there was no hint of holding back excitement etc.

I hope even more than you guys do that I'm wrong, but I honestly and sadly believe that ME is done now. God I hope I'm wrong haha. I just hear the ME Main Theme or Vigil and I go all tingly. There truly is no game/story/universe like ME. Almost pity all the CoD players :D

planehazza
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:43 pm

planehazza wrote:Nice thread, with lots to think about.  I'm one the biggest ME fans out there, but I can't help but think that you're all just clutching at straws now.  I love ME and can't imagine me ever liking a game more than I do ME, but I think the devs are done with it now.  I do think IT was part of the game, but I think lines are being read too literally now.  They are devs with similar passions to us, but at the end of the day, they're also in it for the money, especially since EA got their grubby little hands on it.  I doubt we'll ever see a 4th ME game based around Shephard and the Reapers.  I do hope 3 wasn't the last of the franchise though.

I was playing ME MP yesterday during N7 Day and a BiowareDev joined our game.  I was chatting to him and didn't ask any questions about development or future games, but I was asking what it was like playing the game that they'd built etc, and answers were all in a very past tense tone - there was no hint of holding back excitement etc.

I hope even more than you guys do that I'm wrong, but I honestly and sadly believe that ME is done now. God I hope I'm wrong haha.  I just hear the ME Main Theme or Vigil and I go all tingly.  There truly is no game/story/universe like ME.  Almost pity all the CoD players :D
Considering ME4 (or whatever they decide to call it) has been announced for some time now it is certainly not the end of the ME franchise.

The question is more what the hell they will do regarding the endings if they want to continue the timeline and not jump backwards.

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:56 pm

"You have not really defeated the enemy if you adopt their methods." Samara.

"Sometimes the most brutal path is the only honest one". Samara.

OK both from ME2, but hey......signs and portents?

Back to top Go down

Post by planehazza on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:
planehazza wrote:Nice thread, with lots to think about.  I'm one the biggest ME fans out there, but I can't help but think that you're all just clutching at straws now.  I love ME and can't imagine me ever liking a game more than I do ME, but I think the devs are done with it now.  I do think IT was part of the game, but I think lines are being read too literally now.  They are devs with similar passions to us, but at the end of the day, they're also in it for the money, especially since EA got their grubby little hands on it.  I doubt we'll ever see a 4th ME game based around Shephard and the Reapers.  I do hope 3 wasn't the last of the franchise though.

I hope even more than you guys do that I'm wrong, but I honestly and sadly believe that ME is done now. God I hope I'm wrong haha.  I just hear the ME Main Theme or Vigil and I go all tingly.  There truly is no game/story/universe like ME.  Almost pity all the CoD players :D
Considering ME4 (or whatever they decide to call it) has been announced for some time now it is certainly not the end of the ME franchise.

The question is more what the hell they will do regarding the endings if they want to continue the timeline and not jump backwards.
Where has there been an official announcement? I don't take anything without a pinch of salt these days until there is an official announement.  I've been let down too many times :D

EDIT: I need to crawl out of my rock.  How the feck did I miss this??

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/mass-effect-4-news-rumours-release-date

It still doesn't appear to be a sequel to 3. As much as I love the game, it still really needs a whole new game. Leviathan deserved much more than a small DLC. Learning where reapers came from and what drives them should have been an entire game to itself.

planehazza
Drone

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:54 pm

dorktainian wrote:"You have not really defeated the enemy if you adopt their methods." Samara.

That's a pretty damning sentiment against the endings right there. Even Destroy. Genocide / Enslave / Assimilate are all pretty much the Reaper's bag. The only ending where you don't adopt the Reaper's methods is Refuse... which doesn't seem to work out too well.
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Eryri wrote:
dorktainian wrote:"You have not really defeated the enemy if you adopt their methods." Samara.

That's a pretty damning sentiment against the endings right there. Even Destroy. Genocide / Enslave / Assimilate are all pretty much the Reaper's bag. The only ending where you don't adopt the Reaper's methods is Refuse... which doesn't seem to work out too well.
Here is another gem by Samara:

"If you change who someone is, how they think, you have killed them. They will a new person in the same body" - Samara

Apply that to Synthesis ending and how people accept the Reapers.

Last edited by Raistlin Majere on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:
Eryri wrote:

Here is another gem by Samara:

"If you change who someone is, who they are, how they think, you have killed them. They will a new person in the same body" - Samara

Apply that to Synthesis ending and how people accept the Reapers.
And just maybe apply that to Shepard himself..

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:22 am

Harbinger actually says a lot of stuff that totally sounds like synthesis:

We will bring your species into harmony with our own.

Evolution cannot be stopped.

Progress cannot be halted.

They will be as we are.

Relinquish your form to us.

Embrace perfection.

I am the harbinger of your perfection.

We are the harbinger of your perfection.

Your worlds will become our laboratories.

We are your genetic destiny.

Not to mention Sovereign:

We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution.

We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence.

There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own, you cannot even imagine it.

(Note what EDI says in the synthesis ending: "To reach a level of existence I cannot even imagine.")

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeOwnage on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:28 am

DoomsdayDevice wrote:Harbinger actually says a lot of stuff that totally sounds like synthesis:

We will bring your species into harmony with our own.

Evolution cannot be stopped.

Progress cannot be halted.

They will be as we are.

Relinquish your form to us.

Embrace perfection.

I am the harbinger of your perfection.

We are the harbinger of your perfection.

Your worlds will become our laboratories.

We are your genetic destiny.

Not to mention Sovereign:

We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution.

We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence.

There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own, you cannot even imagine it.

(Note what EDI says in the synthesis ending: "To reach a level of existence I cannot even imagine.")
It makes it way more scary people like synthesis. Or reapers. Or not IT. And that is a lot.

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:44 am

Note how Sovereign speaks in the present tense though, and Harbinger speaks in the future.

To me, that might mean that those who support Control, support Sovereign in some way, but those who support Synthesis.. lol... may support Harbinger.

Personally, I like those Reaper DESTROYERS. They're more direct. I like that. BWAMMMMM.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomsdayDevice on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:13 am

Child: Organics will be perfected by integrating fully with synthetic technology.
Harbinger: Embrace perfection.
Harbinger: I am the harbinger of your perfection.
Harbinger: We are the harbinger of your perfection.

Child: Synthesis is the final evolution of all life.
Sovereign: We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence.
Sovereign: We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution.

Child: Add your energy to the crucible's. Your organic energy, the essence of who and what you are, will be broken down and then dispersed.
Harbinger: Relinquish your form to us.

Child: The Reapers will cease their harvest, and the civilizations preserved in their forms will be connected to all of us.
Harbinger: We will bring your species into harmony with our own.
Harbinger: They will be as we are.
Harbinger: We are your genetic destiny.

Child: Now that we know it is possible, it is inevitable we will reach synthesis.
Harbinger: Evolution cannot be stopped.
Harbinger: Progress cannot be halted.

EDI (synthesis ending): To reach a level of existence I cannot even imagine.
Sovereign: There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own, you cannot even imagine it.

DoomsdayDevice
Being of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Great work D Double. You know, I bet EVERY line StarBrat McVentalyst is similarly foreshadowed in the dialogue some way.

I shall tweet the hell out of that later on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:10 pm

ElSuperGecko wrote:Great work D Double.  You know, I bet EVERY line StarBrat McVentalyst is similarly foreshadowed in the dialogue some way.

I shall tweet the hell out of that later on.
Makes sense. The Catalyst admitted to being in charge of the Reapers so he was obviously the one to give them their directives that they kindly shared with us.
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top