The (Semi-)Comprehensive Breakdown of the Endings at Various EMS Levels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The (Semi-)Comprehensive Breakdown of the Endings at Various EMS Levels

Post by Dwailing on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:18 am

Hi guys, I decided to make a (semi-)comprehensive breakdown of... oh do I really have to say this? I mean, it's right in the title. I do? Of fine, I'll explain it if the title isn't enough. :stick: Okay, I had the totally brilliant idea of doing a breakdown of the various scenes in the various endings at various EMS levels. It's really as simple as that. I might need some help with the different EMS levels, as not all of them are on YouTube, but if not, I'll do the best I can with YouTube and memory. :stick: There are seven main variations on the endings, Low EMS Destroy, Low EMS Control, Medium EMS Destroy, High EMS Control, High EMS Destroy, Synthesis, and Breath Scene Destroy. I will be getting my numbers for EMS from the Pre-EC strategy guide, but I think they're the same apart from the Breath Scene, which I KNOW was changed. Also, I've been able to find videos for Low EMS Control w/CB Saved (Since it's the only choice.), Low EMS Destroy w/CB Destroyed, and High EMS for all endings (Don't think base matters at this point.). In cases of more moderate EMS, where there are only two choices with variations, I could use help. Okay, here it goes.

Low EMS Destroy (CB Destroyed: Below 1750 EMS; CB Saved: 1750 EMS)

Okay, this is the first ending variation, and is the only available if you destroyed the CB in ME2 and failed horribly. If you saved the CB, and failed SLIGHTLY less, it also becomes available as an alternative to Control (I think, I'm not entirely sure. The guide seems to treat this and the much less sucky Low EMS Control as equal. I would appreciate someone checking this.). Frankly, it sucks. A LOT. A bunch of people die, Earth looks like it gets nuked into oblivion, and the relays go boom. Oh, and the Normandy gets trashed by the blast, causing it to crash on the planet, presumably killing a bunch more people, including everyone you loved since they don't appear either after the door opens (It cuts to black before you see who opened it) or in the ending slides. Or perhaps more accurately, video, since there is no slideshow at this level of fail. But before this, you see several other things. For one, you see your squadmates getting killed during the run (At least if it's the only choice. I actually don't know if you see the evac scene if you saved the CB, I would appreciate someone checking this out.), you see the Crucible with explosions around it compared to getting in without issue (Again, if you destoyed the CB, don't know about if you saved the CB. I would appreciate someone checking this.), you see the kid being a jerk (At least if you destroyed the CB, I don't know about if you saved the CB and this becomes available as a second choice, I would really appreciate it if someone could check), you see buildings and people getting vaporized on Earth, and you see the soldiers becoming overwhelmed by Husks before being vaporized. It's really an ugly picture. This is probably the level at which IT is most questionable. Not wrong, mind you, but it requires some serious thought to figure out how it could work. Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if the devs just decide to ignore this ending in whatever they're cooking up. It takes a LOT of work to fail this badly, and it's so different, even from the other not as high EMS endings, that it might just be like the Shepard dies ending in ME2. I mean, compare low EMS Destroy to low EMS Control. Low EMS Control sucks MUCH less (Objectively speaking, you see far fewer negative effects on the galaxy. I'm not going to get into a debate over which ending is better.). Now, speaking of low EMS Control...

Low EMS Control (CB Destroyed: 1750 EMS; CB Saved: Below 1750 EMS)

Here it is! This ending becomes available either as the only ending if you saved the CB and failed horribly or as an alternative to Destroy if you destroyed the CB and failed slightly less (Again, I'm fairly certain that this is the case but I don't know for sure. I would appreciate it if someone could check this.). Frankly, no matter how you feel about Control vs. Destroy as concepts, this ending, at least at face value, sucks WAY less than Low EMS Destroy. You see your squadmates getting killed (If you saved the CB, I don't know about if you destroyed it. You should know the drill by now, but I'll just say again that I would appreciate someone checking this. Consider this a standing request whenever I mention not knowing something. :stick: ), you see the scene with explosions going off around the Crucible (If you saved the CB, don't know about if you destroyed it.), you see the kid being a jerk (If you saved the CB, not sure about if you destroyed it.), you see buildings being blasted but people surviving, the soldiers being overwhelmed by Husks before they're saved by the Husks retreating since they're now under Shepard's control, the Citadel closing up and leaving with the Reapers (Unlike the other two endings where it blows up.), the Relays blowing up, and the Normandy getting trashed and crashing. However, unlike Low EMS Destroy, your crew actually survives the crash, and you see Joker and a couple squadmates getting out of the Normandy. At this level, you actually get a slideshow, which is pretty much identical to High EMS Control with the exception that you don't see the Normandy taking off from the planet at the end, but only getting repaired. Note, I'm not going to get into the slides themselves, but I think that, besides the Miranda slide and the few slides with the Reapers, they're probably pretty much identical to what you see in...

Medium EMS Destroy (CB Destroyed: 1900 EMS; CB Saved: 2350 EMS)

Yup, medium EMS Destroy. It's very similar to Low EMS Control... as far as I can remember. I honestly haven't seen a video of this particular ending... well, possibly EVER. I think I might have watched one Pre-EC, but I honestly don't remember. I could definitely use some help with this one. However, based on what I've seen, I think I can make a few inferences about what it might contain. For one thing, I'm going to guess that buildings are destroyed but people survive, the soldiers start getting overwhelmed by Husks but are saved when said Husks are vaporized, the Relays still explode, the slideshow plays, and the Normandy is getting repaired. Beyond this, I'm not going to make ANY guesses. I'm very much in the dark on this one and would REALLY appreciate any information people could gather on this ending. I'll move on to one I know better, like...

Edit: I just heard about a new ending slide that I'd never heard of or seen before. If you side with the geth on Rannoch, but choose Destroy, the quarians apparently DO return to Rannoch, just very, VERY weakened. I'm guessing that this is the minimum EMS for getting that slide in this situation, so I'm putting this here.

High EMS Control (CB Destroyed: 2350; CB Saved: 2050)

Now, high EMS Control I know pretty well. I've seen many videos of it, and listened to many debates. Now, I have two questions that really become pertinent. One: is your squadmates' survival during the beam run dependent on a fixed amount of EMS, or does it vary depending on what endings are available? Because that would be VERY useful to know, considering that the EMS for getting this ending after saving the CB seems a bit low to have your squadmates survive. Two: does the kid start being nice when high EMS versions of things start getting unlocked, or is it dependent on Synthesis being available. Until I get answers to these questions, I'll restrict my comments to the actual ending rather than to the surrounding stuff. At this point, the buildings on Earth are intact, the soldiers are still getting overwhelmed, the Relays aren't destroyed but instead just damaged, the Normandy doesn't suffer critical damage, and the slideshow plays out as always, but this time, the Normandy takes off at the end. That's as much as I know. Honestly, there are a lot of lingering questions that I don't think we've really looked at that SHOULD be answered before I can really get serious about doing something like this. Anyway, time for almost everyone's personal favorite ending...

High EMS Destroy (CB Destroyed/Saved: 2650 EMS)

Yup, you guessed it, high EMS Destroy. At this point, I still can't comment on squadmate survival for sure, but I'm going to guess that they probably survive by this point. Additionally, unless it's dependent on Synthesis, I'm going to guess that the kid has started being nice by now. Now, we should all be familiar with this by now, but I'll go through it anyway. The buildings and people of Earth are fine, the soldiers hold off the Husks until the wave hits, the Relays are only damaged, and the Normandy is fine. The slideshow plays, the Normandy takes off, and it's over. Oh, and the Citadel is damaged. That's the last big thing, at least at this level. And that brings us to...

Synthesis (CB Destroyed/Saved: 2800 EMS)

Possibly the least popular ending on Earth (Or at least the IT forum.), Synthesis. By now, I'm certain your squadmates survive, and the kid starts being nice. Now, for the endings, the buildings and people on Earth are fine, the soldiers start getting overwhelmed by Husks and are saved by Space Magic, the Citadel explodes, the Relays are damaged, the Normandy is fine, blah blah blah, etc. We all know how this plays out. The big thing is that all the endings slides are their "happy" versions (Besides Jacob's), no matter your choices. Steelcan was nice enough to share what happens when the geth survive the Rannoch conflict. Apparently, their slide is the same as their Control slide, only with Synthesis wires. Based on this, I'll assume that the quarian only slide is the same as their regular slide but also with Synthesis wires. So, all that's left is...
Edit: Steelcan provided me with info on the geth only slide which I will incorporate and infer from.

Breath Scene Destroy (CB Destroyed/Saved: 3100 EMS)

I'll spare the details since this is identical to high EMS Destroy except for two small things. One: Shepard's LI/closest friend doesn't put Shepard's name on the Memorial wall. Two: the Breath Scene plays, presumably on Earth but possibly on the Citadel (If the endings are literal that HAS to be where he is.).

And there you have it, a (semi-)comprehensive ending breakdown by yours truly. I'll just take this moment to reiterate that I would really appreciate any help clearing up the remaining questions. Anyway, it's been a pleasure (And a pain on my wrists. :stick: ) to do this, and I hope this thread may be of service in the future. Also, it has the Garrus stamp of approval. Garrus

Oh, and by the way, I really don't think it's necessary to break down Refusal. It's pretty clear what happens there. Pinched

Last edited by Dwaling on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Re: The (Semi-)Comprehensive Breakdown of the Endings at Various EMS Levels

Post by BansheeOwnage on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:56 am

Great job! I will read it later as I am tired.

banSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Norlond
BansheeOwnage
Banshee

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 pm

I can comment on the Geth winning at Rannoch and then synthesis being chosen.

The slide itself is identical to their Control slide, but they have green lights and the circuitry, so does the reaper in the background.

Can't say for the quarians

Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwailing on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Steelcan wrote:I can comment on the Geth winning at Rannoch and then synthesis being chosen.

The slide itself is identical to their Control slide, but they have green lights and the circuitry, so does the reaper in the background.

Huh, that's... odd. I was under the impression that the Reapers were there in Control to make sure the geth didn't rebel again. Why would it be necessary, in Synthesis, to have the Reapers there when Synthesis should have done the job? I mean, that's the vibe I got from reading the "body language" of the geth in that scene.

Best emoticon ever.  Of all time: Dwail\'s Garrus 

Decision Chamber Hallucination Theory
RWBY/KS Crossover
Dwailing
Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelcan on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Dwaling wrote:
Steelcan wrote:I can comment on the Geth winning at Rannoch and then synthesis being chosen.

Huh, that's... odd. I was under the impression that the Reapers were there in Control to make sure the geth didn't rebel again. Why would it be necessary, in Synthesis, to have the Reapers there when Synthesis should have done the job? I mean, that's the vibe I got from reading the "body language" of the geth in that scene.
The reapers also aren't there for the Krogan with a cured genophage.
Steelcan
Scion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top