Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cerberus Reaper Theory!

+15
Maximus
invetro
solidsnake78
CSSteele
RavenEyry
Andromidius
DoomsdayDevice
Humakt
ElSuperGecko
Rifneno
Rankincountry
Restrider
skillz1986
dorktainian
BleedingUranium
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cerberus Reaper Theory! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cerberus Reaper Theory!

Post by Rifneno Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:17 pm

BleedingUranium wrote:
CorranusMaximus wrote:What about that second Reaper holo from Cerberus Lab? The one with that Reaper we saw in Arrival. Fat one, with like eight eyes and it looks like a cone or something. Let's call him Cony! :P

Since there were only a few unique types of Reapers seen at the end of ME2, and the codex says there are also Processor Ships and Troop Transports, which we never get to see, then I bet that's a Processor Ship. The nose thing is probably like an emergency induction port for people goo, or people.

No, they were definitely capital ships. We got to see them in relation to the size of known capital ships and they were about the same. They don't tell us the exact measurements of processor ships and troop transports, but there's no way they're comparable to capital ships. They're not even sentient. Plus, we didn't see any destroyers, which further indicates it was designed before they started making other, lesser Reapers for 3.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 pm

BleedingUranium wrote:
CorranusMaximus wrote:What about that second Reaper holo from Cerberus Lab? The one with that Reaper we saw in Arrival. Fat one, with like eight eyes and it looks like a cone or something. Let's call him Cony! :P

Since there were only a few unique types of Reapers seen at the end of ME2, and the codex says there are also Processor Ships and Troop Transports, which we never get to see, then I bet that's a Processor Ship. The nose thing is probably like an emergency induction port for people goo, or people.

Actually, I believe that The Processor Ship is The Citadel itself. Constructed by Reapers as an ultimate Deathtrap, might as well be their Factory. Note that Javik never saw a Processor Ship nor The Citadel in his cycle. Also, Citadel is controlled and moved by the sentient Reapers just as codex says about Processor Ship(s). That's why they closed the arms, to protect newly-constructed Human Reaper!

And Cony. He's too damn suspicious. Harbinger's XO, IMO. Rewatch visions from Arrival and I would recommend Pretz Zell's video here. The one with Shepard-Terminator and epic slow-mo's. ;>
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Cerberus Reaper Theory! - Page 2 2mg1en8
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 pm

dork wrote:Cerberus Reaper Theory! - Page 2 2mg1en8

Yeah, the one on the right. I don't see why a Processor Ship couldn't be that big.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 pm

CorranusMaximus wrote:
BleedingUranium wrote:

Actually, I believe that The Processor Ship is The Citadel itself. Constructed by Reapers as an ultimate Deathtrap, might as well be their Factory. Note that Javik never saw a Processor Ship nor The Citadel in his cycle. Also, Citadel is controlled and moved by the sentient Reapers just as codex says about Processor Ship(s). That's why they closed the arms, to protect newly-constructed Human Reaper!

And Cony. He's too damn suspicious. Harbinger's XO, IMO. Rewatch visions from Arrival and I would recommend Pretz Zell's video here. The one with Shepard-Terminator and epic slow-mo's. ;>

speculation.

If the Citadel is the Processor ship for the new reaper, then the crudible must be reaper technology. Lets assume the crudible is actually the power source for the new reaper shall we. The end of each cycle begins with the birth of a new reaper. Could it be this is the crudibles purpose? it might be needed so the next reaper can be given life? If the reaper is born.....we lose. The illusions shepard witnesses after making his choice could be symbolic of the birth of a new reaper. Control/Synthesis.

If shep pulls the trigger we're boned. The reaper will be born and it's all over for us.

Last edited by dork on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Yeah, the one on the right! There He is! IT confirmed!!! ;>
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:33 pm

BleedingUranium wrote:

Yeah, the one on the right. I don't see why a Processor Ship couldn't be that big.

They're capital ships. There's a bunch of different designs of Reapers shown at the end of ME2. Way the fuck more than just the 2 that are unaccounted for. And they're all capital ship size. They. Are. Capital. Ships.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Rifneno wrote:
BleedingUranium wrote:

They're capital ships. There's a bunch of different designs of Reapers shown at the end of ME2. Way the fuck more than just the 2 that are unaccounted for. And they're all capital ship size. They. Are. Capital. Ships.

There are only four unique designs at the end, and that would only leave one unaccounted for.
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:57 pm

BleedingUranium wrote:
Rifneno wrote:
BleedingUranium wrote:

There are only four unique designs at the end, and that would only leave one unaccounted for.

Right. So there's a magically unaccounted for Reaper, and troop transports and processors are both the same size as capital ships. Yes, that's much less retarded than those just being capital ships, which the game FLAT OUT TELLS US have varying designs. And the fact that we don't see any destroyers, which "make up the bulk of the Reaper fleet" means nothing. It couldn't just be that the cutscene was designed an entire game ago and they hadn't even come up with the current array of Reapers yet. No, that makes far too much sense.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:01 pm

It wouldn't suprise me if either they reverted to only three types of Reaper ship (Harbinger, Sovereign and Destroyer) either to minimise confusion for new players (who are frankly completely lost already since they haven't even got a clue what 'Reapers' are!) or to save space in the game files.

ME3 is already a huge game, and all those other Reapers we saw were in a pre-rendered scene.

Still, would have been cool to have different types show up and each with a subtle (or less subtle) difference.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

https://indoctrinationtheory.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 pm

EDI said that the shape of each Reaper is based on the species that it was created from, but there's no way that means the outer shell, unless every cycle until now looked like slightly different cuttlefish.

The true Reaper is like the Human Reaper, and that thing would "fly" the cuttlefish ship/armour. Which makes Harbinger a cuttlefish inside a cuttlefish Laughing
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Andromidius wrote:It wouldn't suprise me if either they reverted to only three types of Reaper ship (Harbinger, Sovereign and Destroyer) either to minimise confusion for new players (who are frankly completely lost already since they haven't even got a clue what 'Reapers' are!) or to save space in the game files.

ME3 is already a huge game, and all those other Reapers we saw were in a pre-rendered scene.

Still, would have been cool to have different types show up and each with a subtle (or less subtle) difference.

Yeah, that's what I think happened. If I had to guess, I'd say it was to save RAM for consoles with low memory. RAM is a more limiting factor than a lot of people think. The reason that platinum mode in MP only has select enemies from each faction is because having all possible enemies from each faction is more than low RAM consoles can load.

Still, I think it's clear the ones from that ME2 cutscene were capital ships. Which is pretty much the only type of Reaper that even existed at that point. Destroyers weren't invented until they "needed a Reaper Shepard could fight on foot" in ME3, and processors/troop transports only even exist as a codex entry.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedingUranium Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:16 pm

RAM is also why they won't do a Husk-only mode, sadly. Sad
BleedingUranium
BleedingUranium
Thresher Maw

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:44 pm

[quote="Rifneno"]
Andromidius wrote:

Yeah, that's what I think happened. If I had to guess, I'd say it was to save RAM for consoles with low memory.

Curse you, Xbox!

*shakes fist at sky*

Conrad
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:46 pm

[quote="Andromidius"]
Rifneno wrote:
Andromidius wrote:

Yeah, that's what I think happened. If I had to guess, I'd say it was to save RAM for consoles with low memory.

Curse you, Xbox!

*shakes fist at sky*

Conrad
COULD BE WORSE....

damn you PS3 :x and what makes it worse is i'm on my second one.... :x
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Actually, I think PS3 is the weak link on the RAM issue. Develop new type of CPU and optical media, then cut corners on the memory. Sony logic at its finest.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:49 pm

PC Master Gaming Race.

Shepard
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by solidsnake78 Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Andromidius wrote:PC Master Gaming Race.

Shepard

QFT Cool

Cerberus Reaper Theory! - Page 2 Original
solidsnake78
solidsnake78
Combat Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 am

looking through this theory, should it be bumped? or should it be incorporated into the 'Indoctrination Theory Thread'? since Tim (nice but dim) was obviously indoctrinated (or being indoctrinated)

dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Andromidius Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 am

It deserves to be seperate, but its definately a part of the greater whole. It gives an actual concrete goal for Cerberus.
Andromidius
Andromidius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElSuperGecko Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Definite seperately from IT as a whole - it's an excellent theory, and ties ME2 into ME3 very well, but Cerberus doesn't need to be building a Reaper for IT to be true, just as IT doesn't necessarily need to be true for Cerberus to be building a Reaper.

The theories cross over quite a bit, and each compliments the other well, but they deserve to reamin seperate.
ElSuperGecko
ElSuperGecko
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by dorktainian Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:02 pm

yeah....
dorktainian
dorktainian
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Love this idea...had a similar thought when I was playing ME 2 that Cerberus was the "replacemnts" for the Collectors' (especially when you play the game from a renegade perspective and save the base)...always thought that the idea of the Reaper's getting rid of the Collector's also played into Starbrat's faulty logic about the created rebelling...there is nothing about the Collector's rebelling against the Reapers that makes sense - unless you consider the wild paranoia of Starbrat and all of his faulty logic in all of its glory.
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:42 pm

RavenEyry wrote:
dork wrote: hey. if cerberus build a reaper, would they pit it against the other reapers, or join with them - and would humanity then be extinguished?

They would build it thinking they will use it against the reapers but really they're doing what the reapers want. It ties in with the theory that the collectors were the cerberus of their cycle.

Yep, that's just it.

Reapers are the masters of 'Synthesis'.
Reapers are the masters of 'Control.

Yet the one thing they're not masters of, is Destruction. They've been taken down before, and they'll be taken down again. In Synthesis, you leap right into their clutches. In Control, you foolishly believe you can control and resist them, but you won't last long with that.

The only positive of Control is that it often gives others the tools to choose a better way. We wouldn't have the Krogan as we know them, if the uplifting and genophage never happened. We wouldn't have the Quarians and Geth as we know them, if the oppression and revolt against the Quarians never happened. It would be an entirely different story, and maybe not a helpful one in our overall war against the Reapers.

It never, ever, excuses the action, but its results are clear - helpful, but those who control, 'lose everything they have'. Better not choose it for ourselves, even if an IT Control ending MIGHT end up with Shepard still having the tools to stop the Reapers, or passing them on to his allies before falling.

You know what I think? Cerberus wants to create a very special Reaper, one that will control other Reapers. Problem is - HARBINGER. IMO Harbinger holds sway over every other Reaper (also IMO, other Reapers are but the same as husks, compared to him), and with him in Control, Cerberus doesn't stand a chance.

So we'll take stuff from Cerberus, stuff that may help in defeating the Reapers (GOD WE NEED TO GET TO RIO), but they're destined to fall, regardless. "The galaxy does not reward he naive."

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 am

That could actually explain everything - the blueprint of Harbinger that TIM is looking at in his office - they want to create a reaper, a very special one, that will control the other reapers. As SwobyJ pointed out - the problem is - HARBINGER. And that is why they are looking into his blueprints - they don't want to build just any reaper - they want to build Cerberus's Harbinger.
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next