Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theorists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dragon Age Thread

+36
Eryri
Hanako Ikezawa
ViolentSound
Byne
RavenEyry
ericformans_sisterisdead
Norlond
CSSteele
vlad78
dorktainian
Ithurael
Dwailing
CoolioThane
TurianRebel212
demersel
symbowles
BlueLogic
Fur28
HYR 2.1
Maximus
Jusseb
Vizard355
shep117
Master Blaster
Hrothdane
southbeatz
Lombus
Cyberfrog
FFZero
Raistlin Majere
DSharrah
Andromidius
lex0r
umadcommander
Humakt
GethJuggernautMKII
40 posters

Page 8 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Norlond Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:49 pm

I saw that, there's also

New Screenshots:

That hat is super swag Laughing
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Nice hat indeed :)
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:19 am

The most interesting part of that link for me was the one area we should be able to recognize. Those are some nice red cliffs the town has there.

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 8 IMAGE10-532x1024
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:38 am

The hat would look better on a dwarf.

EDIT: Then again, almost everything looks better on a dwarf.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:47 am

THE HELL!

Alistair is Fiona's son!!!!!

And Fiona is the only Warden to have ever survived the Calling. The fuck!

Also dear god Dragon Age II feels so out of wake. the combat system is horrible. I mean I feel like it's just an action pack kill darkswpan and things game. The new color of the darkspawn is horrific. Ogers look restarted as shit, and the Darkspawn......what are those....I mean shit they look pathetic. And the new designs for Flemeth.........aghhhhhh.

And the story........dear god it's a story within a story, told by a dwarf, and a seeker trying to find the champion. And the yearly time gaps.....aghhhhhh. Also the fuck happened to the templars. They became royal ass dough bags. I mean they were douch bags , but the fuck they have gone over fucking board with the mages shit.

Oh and seriously the fuck is it with Hawke. I feel like I am in Fable 3 again. And I like how they just dismiss the Grey Warden. I mean oh they mention the Warden, but yet no monuments to the man or woman who defeated the arch demon, or songs about the one who could have LIVED. Also some of the things in DAII are so over played. I would call it overall

The Hawke Chronicles, rather than Dragon Age.

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Blaster Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:53 am

WHAT Fiona started the MAGE VS TEMPLAR WAR!!!!!!!

The woman has nevers of steel I giver her that. Alistair would be so proud of her. XD

Lol I understand she wanted to free the mages, but man she did it the hard way. Also Seekers are far worse than Templar's. After reading about the Seekers man the put the Templars into shame.
Master Blaster
Master Blaster
Geth Prime

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Master Blaster wrote:THE HELL!

And Fiona is the only Warden to have ever survived the Calling. The fuck!

Also dear god Dragon Age II feels so out of wake. the combat system is horrible. I mean I feel like it's just an action pack kill darkswpan and things game. The new color of the darkspawn is horrific. Ogers look restarted as shit, and the Darkspawn......what are those....I mean shit they look pathetic. And the new designs for Flemeth.........aghhhhhh.

And the story........dear god it's a story within a story, told by a dwarf, and a seeker trying to find the champion. And the yearly time gaps.....aghhhhhh. Also the fuck happened to the templars. They became royal ass dough bags. I mean they were douch bags , but the fuck they have gone over fucking board with the mages shit.

Oh and seriously the fuck is it with Hawke. I feel like I am in Fable 3 again. And I like how they just dismiss the Grey Warden. I mean oh they mention the Warden, but yet no monuments to the man or woman who defeated the arch demon, or songs about the one who could have LIVED. Also some of the things in DAII are so over played. I would call it overall

The Hawke Chronicles, rather than Dragon Age.

Well, that explains why Alistair felt a special connection to my Elven characters.  Tongue 

And perhaps all Wardens survive the Calling, but most go into the Deep Roads to be killed by Darkspawn. Look at Larius in Legacy. I'd say he was well beyond the Calling. So much so that the Darkspawn there simply ignored him.

Why would the Hero of Ferelden have monuments outside of Ferelden? The rest of your Dragon Age 2 rant is too personal opinion to try addressing.

Master Blaster wrote:WHAT Fiona started the MAGE VS TEMPLAR WAR!!!!!!!

The woman has nevers of steel I giver her that. Alistair would be so proud of her. XD

Lol I understand she wanted to free the mages, but man she did it the hard way. Also Seekers are far worse than Templar's. After reading about the Seekers man the put the Templars into shame.
I'd say all who voted to abolish the Circles, meaning the majority of the mages there, started the war. She was an important figure in all of it, but it wasn't solely her.

And it depends on when you view the war starting. The war became official with the abolishment of the Circle of Magi, but there were many many incidents that led to that occurring, such as the Kirkwall Incident.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:36 am

Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Very likely. Can you grab me some lottery tickets while you're back in 2009 BTW?

The Chantry started it 1000 years ago. Counteroffensive just took too long.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ser_Otto_Alrik

Not that Lord Seeker Lambert doesn't deserve to be made to beg for death before it is granted, of course. I don't mean to imply that.

Also, DA2's story is unforgivably bad. It's literally the worst story I've had to endure in 25 years of gaming. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest was like fucking Catcher in the Rye compared to that sack of AIDS. I keep meaning to do a post and really just tear into every aspect. I always rant a little bit here and there, but I never took the chance to go in-depth and make a huge list of everything wrong with the story. It'll be like Schindler's List, except Rifneno's List. A grand story of a grand atrocity.

Mar 8, 2011. Never forget.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Rifneno wrote:

Very likely.  Can you grab me some lottery tickets while you're back in 2009 BTW?

The Chantry started it 1000 years ago.  Counteroffensive just took too long.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ser_Otto_Alrik

Not that Lord Seeker Lambert doesn't deserve to be made to beg for death before it is granted, of course.  I don't mean to imply that.

Also, DA2's story is unforgivably bad.  It's literally the worst story I've had to endure in 25 years of gaming.  Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest was like fucking Catcher in the Rye compared to that sack of AIDS.  I keep meaning to do a post and really just tear into every aspect.  I always rant a little bit here and there, but I never took the chance to go in-depth and make a huge list of everything wrong with the story.  It'll be like Schindler's List, except Rifneno's List.  A grand story of a grand atrocity.

Mar 8, 2011.  Never forget.

Ill assume you did not play Final Fantasy XIII.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Raistlin Majere wrote:Ill assume you did not play Final Fantasy XIII.

I did. It was terrible, but it was pure rapture compared to DA2.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Raistlin Majere Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Raistlin Majere wrote:Ill assume you did not play Final Fantasy XIII.

I did.  It was terrible, but it was pure rapture compared to DA2.

Heavily disagree. When the plot can literally be resolved by the main characters doing nothing, then you really, really messed up.
Raistlin Majere
Raistlin Majere
N7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Found this really cool fanmade trailer for Inquisition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hWjqOXc3g

I especially like Varric's line at the end.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:52 am

Bad news for anyone wanting to play as a City Elf. According to David Gaider, if you play as an Elf you will be Dalish.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:16 pm

symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Was just about to post that sym :P

Back to top Go down

Post by symbowles Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Saw it on twitter and made a mad dash here to post it first  lol! 
symbowles
symbowles
Geth Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:56 pm

symbowles wrote:

This time they colored "The Beam" green!
Progress! Fresh and New!
All hail Synthesis!
Maximus
Maximus
Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Saw this posted on the Bioware Forums so thought should be brought here.

Hi fellow Dragon Age: Inquisition fans!

I just bought the Official Xbox Magazine featuring their preview for Dragon Age Inquisition. (It came out today in a Singapore bookshop)

Below are points that I hope you will find noteworthy and enjoy reading:

1. There will be 5 regions in Dragon Age: Inquisition: Fereldan, The Free Marches, Orlais, Nevarra and the Dales:

2 of the areas you can expect to visit are; a war-torn region in Orlais and an elven burial ground, known as the Emerald Graves.

The Emerald Graves, according to executive producer Mark Darrah, is where the Dalish Elves planted one tree for every soldier killed in the Exalted Marches.

According to the magazine, while enemy levels don't scale to your characters, you can affect environmental changes to drastically influence local settlements, establish trade routes, capture territory and disrupt the local ecosystem.

Wild flora and fauna, useful for crafting can be hunted to scarcity, allowing other species to proliferate.

Defeating intelligent enemies like bandits or dragons will have a significant effect on a given region.

2. Dragon Age Inquisition Companions:

There will be no DLC Companions: According to Creative Director Mike Laidlaw: "Because of how deeply enmeshed in the system companion characters are, we can't just add them on the fly; part of them has to be shipped on the disc...which was led to criticism that we're forcing people to pay for content they already own. It's not the case, but we've decided this time to not go that route. There will be no DLC party members."

Solas is an apostate and an expert on the Fade.

The Iron Bull is confirmed as a companion, who is described as "a one-eyed mercenary and outcast from the Qunari faith"

Sera is confirmed as a companion, and is described as "an elven archer. Little is known about them [referring to both Sera and the Iron Bull] at this point, particularly Sera, who turned up seemingly on accident during one of several combat demonstrations..."

3. The Dialogue Wheel:

"We have three wheels that we use in response to any given piece of dialogue" says Gaider. "One of those is what we call the 'tone wheel', which is mostly for role-playing choices. The other two are the 'choice wheel'- for taking an action or stating an opinion-and the 'reaction wheel,' for emotional moments"

4. The Inquisitor:

There will be 4 voices for the Inquisitor 2 for each gender, for all races

To address why the same voices apply to all races, Mike Laidlaw made the following statement: "It's a matter of file size...if we were to have eight voices, two for each race, we would be shipping on 14 discs or something. We figured that with four voices, that would give players enough options while staying within our size limitations"

Bioware is currently exploring options to differentiate the voices, like changing the pitch of the audio.

The Prologue Section (or the "Origin" section" will be the same for all players. The player's appearance, class and dialogue responses during the prologue section will fill in the details, presumably of the Inquisitor's background, and in particular inform how other characters respond to you throughout the story.

The Inquisitor is the sole survivor of a reality-shattering event which results in the Fade tearing opening throughout Thedas.

"Presumbly as a result [of the Fade tearing open throughout Thedas], you're also endowed with a singular ability: you can close these rifts wherever they appear throughout the continent."

5. Endings:

"Bioware is promising a staggering 40 possible endings for the game, dependent not only on choices made in character generation but by actions taken throughout the storyline. [Mark] Darrah stresses, however, that the endings will all be meaningfully different from one another. You won't find 40 endings with only slight degrees of variation between them."

6. Customization:

Armour weights are no longer class specific. Meaning a rogue can wear a mage's robes, and a mage can wear a warrior's armour. The magazine speculates the penalties will be similar to the  fatigue penalties used in DA: Origins

7. Other information:

There will be a jar of bees, which can be used as a combat item which according to Bioware: "You throw it, the jar breaks open, and little bees fly around stinging your opponents."
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:47 pm

40 meaningfully different endings...  these lies seem vaguely familiar from somewhere...
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Eryri Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:12 pm

Rifneno wrote:40 meaningfully different endings...  these lies seem vaguely familiar from somewhere...

All together now...

"Red and yellow and
Pink and Green
Purple and orange and blue

I can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow too..."  Whistling

As you might imagine, that sort of joke has graced the comment sections of many a gaming site that has repeated this story. Let's just say I'm interested, but won't be pre ordering.
Eryri
Eryri
Phantom

Back to top Go down

Post by Norlond Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:38 pm

I made a tutorial

tutorial:
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 am

"She takes great pride in her work, and her interactions with a certain unnamed Inquisition mage can be a little… explosive. "

First, I hope we can nail Vivienne to a cross and leave her to die.  Second, I hope that's a hint that Anders will be back.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:24 am

Rifneno wrote:"She takes great pride in her work, and her interactions with a certain unnamed Inquisition mage can be a little… explosive. "

First, I hope we can nail Vivienne to a cross and leave her to die.  Second, I hope that's a hint that Anders will be back.

I think they may be referring to Solas.

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 8 Solas1
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next