The Dragon Age Thread

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:56 am

During such chaotic times, it behooves those of us in power to aid in the restoration of peace and the establishment of order.

Central character. Emphasis on order. More blah blah about the chaos and order concept in Bioware games.

I just hope she isn't annoying. Already *stinks* of elitism, which I do NOT like in squad/party characters. (Not that I would care in the end if she is annoying/elitist, but it would affect me wanting to have her around in my main profile playthrough is all)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by RavenEyry on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:24 am

Rifneno wrote:"She takes great pride in her work, and her interactions with a certain unnamed Inquisition mage can be a little… explosive. "

First, I hope we can nail Vivienne to a cross and leave her to die.  Second, I hope that's a hint that Anders will be back.
Vivienne IS Anders after a race and sex change in the name of diversity.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 26
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:28 am

Don't see her as much of an Anders at all (so far).

She seems to be all about integrating with non-mages as much as possible (aka avoiding the less educated plebes) instead of going on a grand rebellion.

Oh wait, which Anders are we talking about?

I need to play more of Awakening.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Rifneno on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:16 am

RavenEyry wrote:
Rifneno wrote:"She takes great pride in her work, and her interactions with a certain unnamed Inquisition mage can be a little… explosive. "

First, I hope we can nail Vivienne to a cross and leave her to die.  Second, I hope that's a hint that Anders will be back.
Vivienne IS Anders after a race and sex change in the name of diversity.
Oh, my bad.  I thought she was the pro-Chantry fucker.  I can't keep up with the new names.  =/

_________________
The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Hatreds_zps16b974a8Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2641
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:33 am

Vivienne is:
-pro-Circle
-not necessarily pro-Chantry, and likely to not be pro-Templar
-not supportive of the Mages' rebellion, but possibly not in opposition to it
-seems to be pro-Orlesian

Basically the tone seems to be that she prefers to work within the system for her own ends and to try to make things easier for others in the meantime.

A kinda weird choice of a character during such a chaotic time, but maybe she develops more of a sensical role once factions start interacting? And of course, a couple character twists are par for the course in Bioware games.

She's very political, so you may end up hating her anyway, depending on where that leads for her opinions.

So far for companions, there's:
-Varric, who is Varric *shrug*
-Vivienne, human mage, who is pro-Circle but we don't know much else about that
-Solas, elven mage apostate, probably very anti-Circle? Expert on Fade.
-Sera, elven rogue archer
-Iron Bull, qunari warrior merc
-Cassandra, human warrior Seeker, who is more pro-Templar and Chantry by a default, but in a more grey way. They watch the Templars who watch the Mages, so... you can easily blame them.

I guess there's room for up to 3-4 more companions tops (1-2 more is more likely).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by RavenEyry on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:43 pm

I was joking based on all of bioware's talk of diversity recently. I wasn't saying she's like Anders but literally is as some ridiculous twist.

Cocked up that joke apparently.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 26
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Rifneno on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:10 pm

People who want to "work within the system" are first class retarded.  After 1,000 years of brutal oppression, the Chantry is not going to suddenly be nice because someone asked politely and made a convincing argument.

_________________
The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Hatreds_zps16b974a8Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2641
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:50 pm

SwobyJ wrote:
I guess there's room for up to 3-4 more companions tops (1-2 more is more likely).
There is suspected to be 3 more companions for a total of 9. One is believed to be a bearded Grey Warden.
The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Warden

The other two nobody has any real idea on. Only speculation.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Norlond on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:11 pm

My money's on Cullen for the templars and the rumored Tevinter Magister (Varric's transgender friend?), even tho a 3rd mage seems unlikely, but you never know...

Then again, Cullen seems unlikely too, since we already have Cassandra, Iron Bull and Warden X (Stroud?) as warriors, and we still need a melee rogue, with Sera and Varric being ranged

_________________
The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 S5VZ0pp
Norlond
Norlond
Admin

Posts : 708
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 25
Location : Ruhrpott, Germany

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Norlond wrote:My money's on Cullen for the templars and the rumored Tevinter Magister (Varric's transgender friend?), even tho a 3rd mage seems unlikely, but you never know...

Then again, Cullen seems unlikely too, since we already have Cassandra, Iron Bull and Warden X (Stroud?) as warriors, and we still need a melee rogue, with Sera and Varric being ranged
I expect onje more to be female, so that the companion ratio is 5:4 instead of 6:3 since the latter seems like too many guys. Other than that, I have no idea who it could be or what class they'd be, though an equal 3:3:3 ratio of Warrior, Mage, and Rogue would be nice.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by RavenEyry on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Retconjured Duncan for companion!

He actually ducked that axe then hid behind a boulder until it was safe to flee to tevinter.
RavenEyry
RavenEyry
Praetorian

Posts : 1705
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 26
Location : Lincoln, England

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:42 pm

RavenEyry wrote:I was joking based on all of bioware's talk of diversity recently. I wasn't saying she's like Anders but literally is as some ridiculous twist.

Cocked up that joke apparently.

Ohhh.. yeah, I didn't notice that, but my fault.

Rifneno wrote:People who want to "work within the system" are first class retarded.  After 1,000 years of brutal oppression, the Chantry is not going to suddenly be nice because someone asked politely and made a convincing argument.

Well it appears that she's more primarily doing this for herself, so in that respect I guess it's working for her. She also seems to really be more connected to the Empire than directly to the Chantry. Not as much the Templars, but until more recently, they were more under the Chantry's authority?

Sorry if I mix up details though, as I'm not as knowledgeable about Dragon Age.


Norlond wrote:My money's on Cullen for the templars and the rumored Tevinter Magister (Varric's transgender friend?), even tho a 3rd mage seems unlikely, but you never know...

Then again, Cullen seems unlikely too, since we already have Cassandra, Iron Bull and Warden X (Stroud?) as warriors, and we still need a melee rogue, with Sera and Varric being ranged

-I don't want Cullen
-The Magister, I forget their name, is confirmed to not be in the next game
-Well a 3rd mage might happen. The apostate seems to be about Spirit and/or Blood, Vivienne may be about Primal and/or Entropy and/or Creation, so a 3rd could fit whatever's left? I guess we just don't know yet, but it's possible.
It would have been done in DA:O if Jowen wasn't cut (Spirit, Entropy, Blood being party niches), and DAII technically had 3 if you'd count Bethany and she was alive.
But yeah, having 3 full mage party members would still be a new thing for the series.
-Agreed on melee rogue. After that... :S. Given that this IS supposed to be a large DA game, having 3 of each main class *would* seem appropriate.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by HYR 2.1 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Rifneno wrote:People who want to "work within the system" are first class retarded.  After 1,000 years of brutal oppression, the Chantry is not going to suddenly be nice because someone asked politely and made a convincing argument.

Then again, she might actually be pursuing some meaningful goal. Wink 

All the same, I'm interested in seeing what becomes of this one. Doubly so as a non-white potential LI companion (~giggity). Up to now, I've found Mary Kirby's characters to be either great, or disappointing.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Posts : 81
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 27
Location : Classified.

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Rifneno on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:45 pm

Actually, when I made that remark about people who want to work within the system, I didn't really mean in-game characters (though it applies to them too).  It was a thinly veiled jab at Selim, who honestly thinks a peaceful resolution was possible, and the occasional other avatar of nativity that also thinks such.  Most people have enough common sense to realize you have to fight for your freedom, but there's always the occasional daft bastard going "he could've gone the MLK route" because they don't realize the difference between civil liberties and basic freedom.

_________________
The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Hatreds_zps16b974a8Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2641
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:17 am

The Chantry and Templars kindaa suck and it's clear with this Inquisition business that the Chantry may experience a revolution and the Templars themselves may even become up to extinct.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by HYR 2.1 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:45 pm

Rifneno wrote:Most people have enough common sense to realize you have to fight for your freedom, but there's always the occasional daft bastard going "he could've gone the MLK route" because they don't realize the difference between civil liberties and basic freedom.

Hm.... Can't argue with that, then. I don't even give MLK that much credit, 'always felt Malcolm X was the true difference-maker in that movement (but then I probably shouldn't be opening this can-of-worms here...)


... Soooo, yeah! On-topic: I really hope one of the last two spots goes to a mage. They're far more versatile than any other class, so it's less redundant to have extra mages than extra rogues or warriors IMO. Sadly, I doubt it. Gut feeling it goes to a pseudo-magical Warrior, like a Templar, or something in the mold of Fenris/Justice.
HYR 2.1
HYR 2.1
Pirate

Posts : 81
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 27
Location : Classified.

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by DSharrah on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:43 pm

Looking at the list posted above, I see Varric is the only confirmed previous party member returning...could it be that the other three are also returning companions/character...

Anders/Justice or Wynne- There's your 3rd mage?
Isabella or Zevran- melee rogue?
Grey Warden - warrior (Stroud?)?

_________________
Renegade Shep's response to Starbinger the Reaperbieber stating that destroy would wipe out all synthetics:

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Xboxta11

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Liara110The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Liara210
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Posts : 816
Join date : 2013-01-09
Age : 39
Location : Lying in some rubble...

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:53 pm

Rifneno wrote:Actually, when I made that remark about people who want to work within the system, I didn't really mean in-game characters (though it applies to them too).  It was a thinly veiled jab at Selim, who honestly thinks a peaceful resolution was possible, and the occasional other avatar of nativity that also thinks such.  Most people have enough common sense to realize you have to fight for your freedom, but there's always the occasional daft bastard going "he could've gone the MLK route" because they don't realize the difference between civil liberties and basic freedom.
Shows how much you listen to me. I said that change could happen from working within the system, not that that was the only way to go about it. I have not once denounced the mages for fighting for their freedom, for example.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by CSSteele on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:26 am

Wynne can't be a party member. Don't want to spoil anything if anyone plans on reading the books, but.. yeah. She won't be returning in that capacity.
CSSteele
CSSteele
Nemesis

Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Rifneno on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:59 am

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
Rifneno wrote:Actually, when I made that remark about people who want to work within the system, I didn't really mean in-game characters (though it applies to them too).  It was a thinly veiled jab at Selim, who honestly thinks a peaceful resolution was possible, and the occasional other avatar of nativity that also thinks such.  Most people have enough common sense to realize you have to fight for your freedom, but there's always the occasional daft bastard going "he could've gone the MLK route" because they don't realize the difference between civil liberties and basic freedom.
Shows how much you listen to me. I said that change could happen from working within the system, not that that was the only way to go about it. I have not once denounced the mages for fighting for their freedom, for example.

Learn to read. I never said you didn't say change couldn't be achieved violently, I said that you said it could be achieved by working within the system. Which is INCREDIBLY fucking retarded, and what you just said.

Seriously, it's amazing you can spell your own name if you think a thousand years of brutal racial oppression by an all-powerful religious empire spanning the entire known world is going to end because someone "worked with the system." Do you read ANY history, or do you disregard it all because you think the Earth is 6000 years old? Your stupidity and naivety never, ever ceases to amaze me.

_________________
The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Hatreds_zps16b974a8Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2641
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Rifneno wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
Rifneno wrote:Actually, when I made that remark about people who want to work within the system, I didn't really mean in-game characters (though it applies to them too).  It was a thinly veiled jab at Selim, who honestly thinks a peaceful resolution was possible, and the occasional other avatar of nativity that also thinks such.  Most people have enough common sense to realize you have to fight for your freedom, but there's always the occasional daft bastard going "he could've gone the MLK route" because they don't realize the difference between civil liberties and basic freedom.
Shows how much you listen to me. I said that change could happen from working within the system, not that that was the only way to go about it. I have not once denounced the mages for fighting for their freedom, for example.

Learn to read.  I never said you didn't say change couldn't be achieved violently, I said that you said it could be achieved by working within the system.  Which is INCREDIBLY fucking retarded, and what you just said.

Seriously, it's amazing you can spell your own name if you think a thousand years of brutal racial oppression by an all-powerful religious empire spanning the entire known world is going to end because someone "worked with the system."  Do you read ANY history, or do you disregard it all because you think the Earth is 6000 years old?  Your stupidity and naivety never, ever ceases to amaze me.
You have said exactly that in previous discussions on the matter.

And don't insult my intelligence by insinuating I don't know history. And I don't think Earth is only 6,000 years old.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Rifneno on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:47 am

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:You have said exactly that in previous discussions on the matter.

And don't insult my intelligence by insinuating I don't know history. And I don't think Earth is only 6,000 years old.

I've said exactly what? That brutal dictators would give up their horrible ways if someone "worked within the horrible, brutal system"? I must've been sarcastically mocking you, because that's incredibly stupid.

You're right, I shouldn't insult your intelligence. You do a better job of that than I ever could.

_________________
The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Hatreds_zps16b974a8Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2641
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Steelcan on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:57 am

I wonder how they are going to make the mage rebellion work out, the inquisitor's goal is to restore order, not crusade..

_________________
@ lex0r11 :  i don't know who's in the chat more. steel or norlond.  this is like their shared apartment
Steelcan
Steelcan
Scion

Posts : 612
Join date : 2013-01-08
Age : 24
Location : Columbia SC

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Rifneno on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:41 am

>Implying a Gaider story will make sense
Steel plz.

_________________
The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Hatreds_zps16b974a8Remember folks.  We didn't get A, B, C endings.  We got A, A, A endings.
Rifneno
Rifneno
Honey Badger

Posts : 2641
Join date : 2013-01-07
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Steelcan wrote:I wonder how they are going to make the mage rebellion work out, the inquisitor's goal is to restore order, not crusade..
Either it will be a major side plot since ending that war will end one more war and thus help the Inquisitor's goal to restore order or it will be mostly in he background and the Inquisitor only gets involved occasionally.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2013-01-09

Back to top Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum