The Dragon Age Thread

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dragon Age Thread

Post by Norlond on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Cullen - Vivienne - Varric - Cole (?) - Solas - Cassandra - Inquisitor - Iron Bull - Unknown male human mage - Leliana - Sera - Unknown female human mage - Grey Warden

I say unknown human mage beacause i think they'll do equal numbers of companion-classes:
Warrior: Cullen, Cassandra, Iron Bull, Grey Warden
Rogue: Varric, Cole, Leliana, Sera
Mage: Vivienne, Solas

And since Mage has 2 missing... y'know :P

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Skyzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Solas is an elven mage? I thought that the only thing that had been confirmed about him was "apostate, expert on the fade"...that's why I suggested either the human male or elven male mage could be Solas...

"Does that mean it will kill your smug ass too?"

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 11 Xboxta11

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 11 Liara110The Dragon Age Thread - Page 11 Liara210
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:22 pm

DSharrah wrote:Solas is an elven mage?  I thought that the only thing that had been confirmed about him was "apostate, expert on the fade"...that's why I suggested either the human male or elven male mage could be Solas...

He is elven. Not Dalish though.

He may come from around Nevarra and Tevinter-ish, but this isn't confirmed.

Expert on fade. Apostate. Probably the biggest reason he's with you is because he may be so knowledgeable on the Fade specifically. Lore dump!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Norlond wrote:The Dragon Age Thread - Page 11 GyuK4ag
From left to right:

Cullen
Vivienne
Varric
Cole
Solas
Cassandra
Inquisitor
Iron Bull
DHMG(Dramatic Hands Mustache Guy)
Leliana
Sera
Scribe Girl/Scribbles
Grey Warden
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 pm

so we get to play as Jesus, cool

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
DSharrah wrote:Almost as if to suggest that the power to close veils is related to dragons...could the Inquisitor be Morrigan's OGB?
Considering the OGB, if existing at all, would only be 10, I'm going to go with no. And that's ignoring the fact race selection is back with Qunari added.

The dragon is there simply because every DA game has a dragon on the cover.

Almost missed this with the stuff on the trailer...but do we know how the OG soul would affect the aging of Morrigan's baby? Who's to say (unless it has been said in the books, which I haven't had a chance to read) that the OGB doesn't expierence accelerated growth? It wouldn't be the first time that a mechanic like that was used...

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 11 Liara110The Dragon Age Thread - Page 11 Liara210
DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by DSharrah on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:42 pm

SwobyJ wrote:
DSharrah wrote:Solas is an elven mage?  I thought that the only thing that had been confirmed about him was "apostate, expert on the fade"...that's why I suggested either the human male or elven male mage could be Solas...

He is elven. Not Dalish though.

He may come from around Nevarra and Tevinter-ish, but this isn't confirmed.

Expert on fade. Apostate. Probably the biggest reason he's with you is because he may be so knowledgeable on the Fade specifically. Lore dump!!

Feel like there is so much that I have missed...probably due to my self imposed ban of BSN...still can't bring myself to go back there (not sure that even if ME 4 is a direct sequel that I will go back). I am surprised that they let this into the trailer with all the secrecy that has been around the companions of the Inquisitor (unless I missed the reveals as I have already stated).

DSharrah
DSharrah
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:39 pm

DSharrah wrote:
Hanako Ikezawa wrote:
DSharrah wrote:Almost as if to suggest that the power to close veils is related to dragons...could the Inquisitor be Morrigan's OGB?
Considering the OGB, if existing at all, would only be 10, I'm going to go with no. And that's ignoring the fact race selection is back with Qunari added.

The dragon is there simply because every DA game has a dragon on the cover.

Almost missed this with the stuff on the trailer...but do we know how the OG soul would affect the aging of Morrigan's baby?  Who's to say (unless it has been said in the books, which I haven't had a chance to read) that the OGB doesn't expierence accelerated growth?  It wouldn't be the first time that a mechanic like that was used...
Even if true with the age growth, we know the OGB is a human male. That alone makes them being the protagonist of a full game impossible. The only way we'll play as OGB is if they do a DLC about it like Leliana's Song.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Norlond wrote:Cullen - Vivienne - Varric - Cole (?) - Solas - Cassandra - Inquisitor - Iron Bull - Unknown male human mage - Leliana - Sera - Unknown female human mage - Grey Warden

I say unknown human mage beacause i think they'll do equal numbers of companion-classes:
Warrior: Cullen, Cassandra, Iron Bull, Grey Warden
Rogue: Varric, Cole, Leliana, Sera
Mage: Vivienne, Solas

And since Mage has 2 missing... y'know :P
Bioware at PAx last week said they were having an equal distribution of classes. And since in a magazine earlier they said there will be 9 companions, that is a 3/3/3 split. So almost everyone thinks that due to this trailer it will be:

Warrior: Cassandra, Grey Warden, Iron Bull
Mage: DHMG, Solas, Vivienne
Rogue: Cole, Sera, Varric

That leaves Cullen, Leliana, and Scribe Girl, who will most likely be the advisers of the Inquisitions Military, Espionage, and Commerce respectively.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fur28 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:08 am

I'm still not sure about Cullen not being a companion, he's been confirmed as a romance option and it was a bit tricky to romance someone in DA2 if you didn't take them on quests with you, because of the approval. But he doesn't have weapons so being an advisor is probably right

And if this game follows the DA tradition, which companion do you think will be interchangable a some point in the game? Like Allistair/Loghain or Bethany/Carver

Fur28
Commando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:57 am

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3432915

Some new/more explained information here.

Back to top Go down

Post by demersel on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:36 am

I wonder, if there will ba A Spanish Inquisition mode...
demersel
demersel
Battlemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maximus on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:28 pm

demersel wrote:I wonder, if there will ba A Spanish Inquisition mode...
Open cheat console with Ctrl + Shift + Delete and input: *NOBODYEXPECTSSPANISHINQUISITION*
There ya go, have fun! ^^

Rampart Mech

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:39 am

Fur28 wrote:I'm still not sure about Cullen not being a companion, he's been confirmed as a romance option and it was a bit tricky to romance someone in DA2 if you didn't take them on quests with you, because of the approval. But he doesn't have weapons so being an advisor is probably right

And if this game follows the DA tradition, which companion do you think will be interchangable a some point in the game? Like Allistair/Loghain or Bethany/Carver
Bioware said that the romances will be more event-based than the old approval-based system, or something to that effect.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Check the language settings.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:34 pm

ZerebusPrime wrote:

Check the language settings.

Boom tish

Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:33 pm

https://twitter.com/dragonage/status/461581241511206912

Struggle with tough decisions? That’s what multiple playthroughs are for! What will you fight for first? #DAI pic.twitter.com/abCSN4RlJu

The Dragon Age Thread - Page 11 BmfdsY-CYAIkInB

Blue and Red all the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZerebusPrime on Thu May 01, 2014 1:45 am

C: Compromise with the Fade demons, merging the Fade with reality and all of the inhabitants of both with each other to foster maximum understanding between the two.

Yeah, that sort of thinking is never going to be funny.
ZerebusPrime
ZerebusPrime
Space Cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu May 01, 2014 5:21 am

I'm going Option A most likely. All these traditional institutions are terrible and are what got us in this mess in the first place.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolioThane on Thu May 01, 2014 3:06 pm

At least they're straight out telling us it's an A or B type deal rather than 'It's definitely not just an A/B/C choice' and then giving us an A/B/C choice

Space Cow

http://www.achievementhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 01, 2014 4:42 pm

And that's the thing - if that ends up being the case, I'd take it.

As long as the A/B choice has a few secondary significant differences within them.

And then there's at least several other smaller differences within that.

It's the prerelease quotes that annoyed me the most. Even if an ending is a 'deus ex ripoff' - ..whatever, Mass Effect has always ran off from other sci fi concepts and designs before. Even the colored waves didn't annoy me as much as it seeming like they went 100% against their word.

So far Dragon Age looks good. Not getting my purchase at launch, but I'm more optimistic about it than I even was with ME3 (not ME2 though! I was sooo hyped for that one, as a late teen).

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifneno on Thu May 01, 2014 6:32 pm

How is that a hard choice? Thedas' "tradition" is nothing but genocide and oppression. The "order" they offer is the same as one Hydra offers. I will burn it to the ground every single time. Every single time.

Honey Badger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Sometimes Order is just there being kingdoms in general instead of constant danger from criminals, or protective institutions keeping villages from being torn apart from incoming demons. Or characters being kept alive and safe instead of corrupted by magic to kill all the things.

At least in Inquisition, if there wasn't any order in Thedas, a demon or Darkspawn invasion would have killed almost everyone. It's the unification and even temporary alliance of, albeit flawed, organizations and societies that can keep Thedas safe enough for any progression to occur.

But if you don't have a higher concern for that, I really hope DA:I gives you the chance to give existing organizations a giant "PISS OFF", wreck them, and create new, even if fresher and currently weaker, organizations in their place. That's already going to happen to some degree with the Inquisition by default, it seems.

Even if that brings more deaths in the interim, I'd rather a city burn, than the Templars still be in charge of anything - as an example. In the game, I may work with them to a degree... but gladly betray them in a single move if given the chance, no matter the immediate cost to others. I'm not very pro-Templar, and just vaguely pro-Chantry in the most general terms ("I won't blow you up, but I don't like you. Help me and maybe I won't treat you as a nuisance and long-term oppressor.")

Last edited by SwobyJ on Thu May 01, 2014 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu May 01, 2014 9:31 pm

SwobyJ wrote:And that's the thing - if that ends up being the case, I'd take it.

As long as the A/B choice has a few secondary significant differences within them.

And then there's at least several other smaller differences within that.

Yeah. These seem to pretty much be the two extremes of the choices. Sort of a "Between black and white there are a million shades of grey" type thing.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanako Ikezawa on Thu May 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Rifneno wrote:How is that a hard choice?  Thedas' "tradition" is nothing but genocide and oppression.  The "order" they offer is the same as one Hydra offers.  I will burn it to the ground every single time.  Every single time.
Since we are in Orlais, the Chevaliers are on the top of my list.
Hanako Ikezawa
Hanako Ikezawa
The Thorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next